Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,464 members, 7,917,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:56 AM

Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! (13218 Views)

Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC / Yoruba Deity Warned Us Of Palace Fire – Alaafin Of Oyo / Police Secure Release Of Abducted Ondo Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
Pataki:

Apparently you have limited knowledge about the Yorubas. The more reason you should never view us with Igbo myopic lens.

In the days of old in Yoruba kingdom, a king who commits this level of corruption is either killed with all his family members, thrown into the wilderness but would NEVER sit on the throne waiting for justice to be done by some vain gods.

The monarch should even be glad that he has his life intact. Why do you think if a thief is caught in Lagos, jungle justice is immediately undertaken on such a victim? Yorubas hardly tolerate corruption, things have changed these days but nevertheless the pride of Yoruba is that we do not tolerate nonsense for too long.

Just so you get me right, I wasn't saying wait for the gods.. I am very conversant with the tradition surrounding King making and dethroning especially as it relates to benin kingdom which is very similar to that of the Yorubas and I can tell you now that this isn't traditional due process for dethroning a king/Oba
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
dasparrow:

Yes, but the opportunity to have a country of your own was once presented to you back in 1966/67 but you guys backed out for fear of the fulani/hausa. So now, enjoy the fresh air Nigeria presents you.

And you somehow convieniently forgot how the Yorubas biitched out in the last minute and sold us out to the Hausas in exchange for Awolowos life..
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by BJ4REEL(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Are you serious?

So its okay for people to take the law into their hands on the slightest of accusations?!!

So they should have killed a man without trial?!

No investigations!!

I'm sure it was based on local rumours and gists that they acted..

ALSO and MOST IMPORTANTLY!! I am a traditional man and the kings and rulers of tribes are believed to have been enthroned by the gods.. For you to remove he whom the gods have enthroned, you must follow due process as would be known to the villagers and elders alike.. I am sure that toutism isnt one of the stipulated modes of removing an Oba.. They even beat the Oba..

In Benin Kingdom, even if the Oba kills someone in public, the youths can never touch him until he is traditionally dethroned as the Oba.. The curse of the gods would be on anyone who touches the king..

This is Yorubas at their best behavior.. Agberoism..

mr man,u better wake up,we ar no longer in d stone age...gods or wateva u'r worshiping, should all be held accountable for wateva mismanagement..
Nigeria would'v been better off,if we all stop remaining silent on governance issues like this,instead we are beclouded by bigoted sentiments...
GET A LIFE AND STOP BEEFING YORUBAS!
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by BJ4REEL(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Are you serious?

So its okay for people to take the law into their hands on the slightest of accusations?!!

So they should have killed a man without trial?!

No investigations!!

I'm sure it was based on local rumours and gists that they acted..

ALSO and MOST IMPORTANTLY!! I am a traditional man and the kings and rulers of tribes are believed to have been enthroned by the gods.. For you to remove he whom the gods have enthroned, you must follow due process as would be known to the villagers and elders alike.. I am sure that toutism isnt one of the stipulated modes of removing an Oba.. They even beat the Oba..

In Benin Kingdom, even if the Oba kills someone in public, the youths can never touch him until he is traditionally dethroned as the Oba.. The curse of the gods would be on anyone who touches the king..

This is Yorubas at their best behavior.. Agberoism..

Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by akraym(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
Argument in this thread is tensed but thanks to @Vegetablesoup he stood out of them all

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

What's the difference? A. Traditional leader was treated like a common Alaye by Yoruba youths who have no respect for elders.. Yet when Adedibu was dictating thing in Oyo abi where, none of your cowardly kinsmen could do shit..

Abeg drex far jor.. No dey carry your Alomo reasoning dey reason this one.. If na Igboland now, your sense for sharp

You are just tripping here trying to wage an unnecessary war but you just failed.You keep shouting that the youths were wrong to demand for change.Tell me which is better between these youths clamouring for change of government from an absolute rule and another group of ibo youths that would rather kidnap their rulers ? You really need a brain transplant cuz you are losing it.

Yoruba traditional society is not like that ibo artificial egalitarian society.we have checks and balances in our political system !
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by FSU: 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You are just tripping here trying to wage an unnecessary war but you just failed.You keep shouting that the youths were wrong to demand for change.Tell me which is better between these youths clamouring for change of government from an absolute rule and another group of ibo youths that would rather kidnap their rulers ? You really need a brain transplant cuz you are losing it.

Yoruba traditional society is not like that ibo artificial egalitarian society.we have checks and balances in our political system !

Your Obas are truly rotten. It is either they are r/a/p/i/n/g girls, or fighting their wives in public, or stealing community money, or eating human flesh, or betraying their own as they did Abiola, or doing all of the above at the same time. I wonder how much of these behaviors did not rub off on ordinary Yoruba citizens.
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Limaoscar: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
They should have flogging him too so that his mates would began to learned lessons

Choooooiiiishockedshockedshocked........crycry
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
FSU:

Your Obas are truly rotten. It is either they are r/a/p/i/n/g girls, or fighting their wives in public, or stealing community money, or eating human flesh, or betraying their own as they did Abiola, or doing all of the above at the same time. I wonder how much of these behaviors did not rub off on ordinary Yoruba citizens.

The funny thing is that they were never kidnapped for ransome like ibo kings.Only God know what ibo kings may have done to warrant being kidnapped !
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by FSU: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The funny thing is that they were never kidnapped for ransome like ibo kings.Only God know what ibo kings may have done to warrant being kidnapped !

The kidnappers are Igbo riff-raffs, but your evil Obas are the light of the Yoruba race.

Bad Igbos boys are expected to behave badly, but your Obas, custodians of the Yoruba culture, are the ones behaving badly. Do you get the difference?
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by FSU: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
FSU:

coming from the guy which one of our so called eastern governor slapped his wife grin grin grin
Nigeria makes me laugh man
funny nation, funny people grin grin
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by lumeneng22: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
How many yoruba comunities can do that? Ogun? Or ibadan? Way gbenga daniel and akala don chop their money finish.Ondo are the real yorubas is not a suprise.
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
lumeneng22: How many yoruba comunities can do that? Ogun? Or ibadan? Way gbenga daniel and akala don chop their money finish.Ondo are the real yorubas is not a suprise.
now look at this man trying to distinguish between which yoruba is the real one. gosh.
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by FSU: 11:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Donlittle: coming from the guy which one of our so called eastern governor slapped his wife grin grin grin
Nigeria makes me laugh man
funny nation, funny people grin grin

I see you need some education on the rotteness of Yoruba Obas

https://www.nairaland.com/948400/yoruba-obas-public-eye-how
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
FSU:

I see you need some education on the rotteness of Yoruba Obas

https://www.nairaland.com/948400/yoruba-obas-public-eye-how
I dont need to click. just trying to tell you the heart of man is generally wicked. just becc one man in this tribe bittch slapped his wife, doesnt mean the man in the other tribe wont do it. btw, i have seen a yoruba man in my village who took out his belt and beat his wife, the same way i saw a ibo man who drives okada but will not drop his wife off at church, but decided to go chill with his mistress. the heart of man is evil. cool
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by flexshop(m): 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
Vegetable soup: They should have flogging him too so that his mates would began to learned lessons

U went to school at all.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

locust01: U went to school at all.

pot calling kettle black grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by amor4ce(m): 2:51am On Aug 28, 2012
omowolewa: They can only do that to minor 'Oba'(king).

Who can do that to Ooni of ife (osumo sile sumo seni,ebiti kimo giri yinmo nu), Soun,Awujale,Okere of Saki, Olubada,oba of Lagos,Atoja of Osugbo,Oni sabe of sabe or

'Deity Alter-Ego' Alaafin of Oyo (Iku baba yeye,alashe ikeji Orisa. Omo iku ti iku kogbodopa,omo arun tarun ogbodo se. Eni tii gbingado oran seyinkule eleyin kule,iyen o gbodo faatu be kogbodo je.......)

O ma see o!!!!!!!!!!

Pataki:

Apparently you have limited knowledge about the Yorubas. The more reason you should never view us with Igbo myopic lens.

In the days of old in Yoruba kingdom, a king who commits this level of corruption is either killed with all his family members, thrown into the wilderness but would NEVER sit on the throne waiting for justice to be done by some vain gods.

The monarch should even be glad that he has his life intact. Why do you think if a thief is caught in Lagos, jungle justice is immediately undertaken on such a victim? Yorubas hardly tolerate corruption, things have changed these days but nevertheless the pride of Yoruba is that we do not tolerate nonsense for too long.

Also, before 1914 and when there was no police, a misbehaving Oba would have been told to "open calabash."
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by uncleb(m): 3:25am On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

Standing up for blah! blah! Blah!!

More like behaving like NURTW touts..

The matter is in court already so why act like untrained morons?! angry

They even Manghandled him..

Blocked the road..

Constituted a nuisance..

When would Yorubas start behaving like civilized human beings?!

I am sure that traditionally, there is a due process for removing an Oba, why not follow it?!

And here we are and a supposedly educated Yoruba man is supporting such Rascality...

See y Nigeria is in this mess, may God deliver all who still reason lik you
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by timilehing(m): 4:01am On Aug 28, 2012
What is it with ondo kings self? No be 2010 akure king stil Bleep up?
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by AfroBlue(m): 4:09am On Aug 28, 2012
enough was enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJFelAZBDc

Rush Bastille Day Lyrics

Ooh, there's no bread, let 'em eat cake
There's no end to what they'll take
Flaunt the fruits of noble birth
Wash the salt into the earth

But they're marching to Bastille Day.
La guillotine will claim her bloody prize.
Free the dungeons of the innocent
The king will kneel
And let his kingdom rise.
Ooh, there's stained velvet, dirty lace,
Naked fear on every face
See them bow their heads to die
As we would bow as they rode by
And we're marching to Bastille Day
La guillotine will claim her bloody prize
Sing, oh choirs of cacophony
The king has knelled
To let his kingdom rise.

Lessons taught but never learned
All around us anger burns
Guide the future by the past
Long ago the mold was cast
For they marched up to Bastille Day
La guillotine claimed her bloody prize
Hear the echoes of the centuries
Power isn't all that money buys.
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by hakwise(m): 4:21am On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

Blocked the road..

Constituted a nuisance..

I am sure that traditionally, there is a due process for removing an Oba, why not follow it?!

And here we are and a supposedly educated Yoruba man is supporting such Rascality...

Just like ghadafi was chased out by touts too right?....pack well jooor!!!
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by odim123(m): 5:54am On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

Blocked the road..

Constituted a nuisance..

civilived people like kidnaping our people and raping the old women;na u try pass. Mr odensin
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2012
FSU:

The kidnappers are Igbo riff-raffs, but your evil Obas are the light of the Yoruba race.

Bad Igbos boys are expected to behave badly, but your Obas, custodians of the Yoruba culture, are the ones behaving badly. Do you get the difference?

Consequently,we should admit that a large percentage of ibo youts are riff-raffs since kidnapping runs in their gene.
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by dealslip(f): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

Oponu ode didirin

Blocked the road..

Constituted a nuisance..

Ode didirin
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by veraponpo(m): 7:44am On Aug 28, 2012
@ Okija-juju, u talked about Yoruba selling Igbo in exchange for Chief Awolowo. Why wont we,if we had died for you, is this not how u ingrates would still have come out to be saying rubbish to us. Because pratically now, we house majority of your race on our land but u are still ungrateful. Besides, how on wouldnt Yakubu Gowon look for one Awo and killed millions of Igbo when it was apparent that Awo was the wisest leader then. He brought television to Africa, He brought first international stadium to Nigeria, he brought free and compulsory education to his people, he brought industrialization to the West, he was an indiputable most sagacious of his contemporary, little wonder why the then Prime minister of England said he came 50 yrs ahead of his mates. He single-handedly solved a problem Yakubu Gowon and the entire military unit could not fix. Dont always talk abt 66/67 again because the Ibos tried enslaving others but when it wasnt possible they decided to bolt away, which appratently was an attempt to cheat others. Thieves and murderes, who killed our revered premier, Akintola Samuel and Adekunle Fajuyi and jailed Baba Awolowo who together with Enahoro brought independence for them.
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2012
hakwise:

Just like ghadafi was chased out by touts too right?....pack well jooor!!!

What is this Yoruba boy talkingg about now?! Wetin concernn Ghadaffi with tradition?!

~Bluetooth:

So our youths are Kidnappers, atleast we have all come out to condemn it.. When has any of your NYSC rapiing, Wife beating and money stealing Obas ever come out to condemn the NURTW thuggery of Yoruba youths?! Or the Abgeroism of Yoruba youths?! Or the OPC'sm, or the Alaye'rism..

Checks and balances.. Your Agberoes did nothing to the Wife beating Obas, the NYSC raping Obas who both were tried by the courst and found guilty.. yet they singled out a poor Oba for their thuggery.

Omo forgerrabout!! Your people are loud mouth thugs with absolutely no respect for traditional values or elders.

See them;

[img]http://www.feelfree.co/member/photos/art/650347062editor_NURTW_nigeria.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-aOJDzK8YW40/T0JFz2sXw7I/AAAAAAAADIA/rSw2FQRsDNo/s400/nurt+4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/tokyo_454366379.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2012
veraponpo: @ Okija-juju, u talked about Yoruba selling Igbo in exchange for Chief Awolowo. Why wont we,if we had died for you, is this not how u ingrates would still have come out to be saying rubbish to us. Because pratically now, we house majority of your race on our land but u are still ungrateful. Besides, how on wouldnt Yakubu Gowon look for one Awo and killed millions of Igbo when it was apparent that Awo was the wisest leader then. He brought television to Africa, He brought first international stadium to Nigeria, he brought free and compulsory education to his people, he brought industrialization to the West, he was an indiputable most sagacious of his contemporary, little wonder why the then Prime minister of England said he came 50 yrs ahead of his mates. He single-handedly solved a problem Yakubu Gowon and the entire military unit could not fix. Dont always talk abt 66/67 again because the Ibos tried enslaving others but when it wasnt possible they decided to bolt away, which appratently was an attempt to cheat others. Thieves and murderes, who killed our revered premier, Akintola Samuel and Adekunle Fajuyi and jailed Baba Awolowo who together with Enahoro brought independence for them.

What is this Yoruba Nkita ara saying now?!
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Sekso(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2012
Vegetable soup: They should have flogging him too so that his mates would began to learned lessons
Am sure you are kidding! Your spellings are right. You are only desperate for attention. Albeit, I prefer your humour to the "price of garri" hype on this forum!
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by mikolo80: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2012
GUNS,I WISH THE YOUTH HAD GUNS
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by Jaideyone(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

So you support such extra judicial criminality?!

Was he tried and found guilty?!

I hope to God that you also dont think like this in real life.

did u read before posting? The monach didn't appoint some of the chiefs. So tell me who's going to remove him from his position?
Re: Youths Chase Ondo-Monarch Out Of Palace!!! by blaise26abj(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2012
@okija juju: i know a couple of ladies from anambra and i can say they always make sensible points. But alas, i'm astonished at your utterances.You made a valid point about the order of things and respect for elders but thereafter you just blabbed. Disrespect for elders doesn't have ethnic boundaries. Civil disobedience usually comes after abuse of that same order you so much clamour for. Must everything be tribalized? So if ur "oba' says the gods are demanding ur head for state-of-the-art okija juju, you will quietly submit and expect the "normal order" to be followed Since you are 101% traditional? Guy be realistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Apologies For Endorsing Fayemi - Tinubu / FEC Approves $200m Loan For Lagos / Jonathan, Africa’s Most Pragmatic Leader –IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.