Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,742 members, 7,979,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:47 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (781153 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dverykaka: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
dverykaka: Please guys I need to ask some questions that some people might actually consider silly , considering the lengthy discussion we had on the topic. Please kindly bear with me.

I want to apply to Queensland for international relations .My question is do I need to contact the school directly b4 I apply or can I go ahead and just apply (please any suggestion on any other school that offers international studies situated in a place where I can equally work and get PR will be highly appreciated)

If I apply now is possible to get my visa before May( please how do I go about it)

Please how do I register for IELTS or TOEFL

Any other important information for someone that is just starting out will be highly appreciated

Pls guys am still waiting.

Lawland, justwise and the host of others. Pls kindly assist
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NosoChic: 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
Check well o for University of Wollongong, I actually had an offer there but got to discover that fees were increased for 2014.

In my case, I already had an offer when the change was made and this really affected my plans but I also have an offer from Massey University New Zealand, so will be working with that now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Largo(m): 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
posdream: @Largo, how far any update?
my CO said we would have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for the medical assessment in Australia. So hopefully the second week of December there should be an update.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
surveyor1:
Which one is white card training? Are u still looking towards that security job?
Its a safety training...... I am almost on my way... Most jobs here need the whitecard.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
lawland: Its a safety training...... I am almost on my way... Most jobs here need the whitecard.
Oh yeah. Cost? Are u opting for that?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
Largo: my CO said we would have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for the medical assessment in Australia. So hopefully the second week of December there should be an update.

It is well, ur goodnews is around d corner too. Thanks for d mail.
God will help us all. Amen.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Good day everyone. Good day aunt jenny. I have been following this thread for some while now. I know the question am about to ask may be stupid but it is also true that "when one ask question one tends to learn better and faster". Am a student in a Nigeria university studying physics but I would love to study computer science. I just want to know the budget to study CS in Australia (Barchelor). Pls, am just looking for a way to make good use of my life
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chidiadi50: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
please house what are the necessary documents to use in applying for Australia visa?And do universities in australia accept 2.2 for masters
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 12:13am On Dec 01, 2013
hello ma...i have read your advice and all on this thread and i must confess your a woman with a large heart and may God continue to b less you...cos dedicating time to reply every post or comment esp when its totally free is tremendous..please i have a quick question to ask..am caught between studying in Canberra or Sydney...i need a place where i can get a good job and then settle for PR later....any advice on any good city i could apply to for masters....i await your honest response..thank you in advance
jennykadry:

Stop limiting yourself. The people that have high scores were not born with 4 heads
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 12:56am On Dec 01, 2013
mcdon60: nobody will help you do a research on any school, do it yourself and if you have any question(s) on it, you can always come back here and ask. As per working, international student are permitted to work 40 hrs per fortnight and there are tons of jobs in Australia if you ain't picky. You have to pay your school fees at least a semester before been granted a visa. There is a huge gap between schooling and working, you must have at least a substantial amount for school fees and living expenses before planning to augument it. Remember, Australia is very expensive. DO NOT COME TO AUSTRALIA WITH THE AIM OF WORKING, working cannot pay your tuition and sustain you at the same time. Australian's immigration rules are very strict. If u are for study, study. If it's for work, try to obtain the approriate visa.

Ok,†h♌nks for your advice n contributions towards my questions.......pls I wanna know how possible or my chances of getting an appropriate visa for work wih Ordinary National Diploma(OND) in maritime field? Pls put me through so †̥ђã†̥ I will know my plans next year...†h♌nks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Beamn4real(m): 1:40am On Dec 01, 2013
Hello House,

I got an unconditional offer to study nanoelectronics @ UniMel... They said they would get back to me sometime in Dec/Jan concerning scholarships... I haven't processed Visa because of this and am worried I might not have enough time to when I get feedback cos my course starts Feb...

Pls house, do you know of other possible scholarshps or financing options as I've spent days surfing but nothing concrete yet?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2013
Beamn4real: Hello House,

I got an unconditional offer to study nanoelectronics @ UniMel... They said they would get back to me sometime in Dec/Jan concerning scholarships... I haven't processed Visa because of this and am worried I might not have enough time to when I get feedback cos my course starts Feb...

Pls house, do you know of other possible scholarshps or financing options as I've spent days surfing but nothing concrete yet?
All universities in Australia have scholarship. However, Australia universities too competitive compare to US or Canada. Also they only give few number of international students scholarship.
Considering the university you applied to, university of Melbourne. Is one od their best university. So you need to ask yourself
1. Do you have first class.
2. Do you publish paper or attended conferences
3 . working experience
4. Good academic references
Sometimes you might be lucky to get one, but I advised you if you don't meet all the requirements stated and you want to scholarship in Australia university, it might be an hard nut to crack. All the same, God favour is unlimited. So finger cross. But if u really desperate for scholarship, I recommend US universities for you. All the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by SQUAREJP: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2013
Hello house , is possible to do any menial job in Sydney before class starts .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2013
SQUARE JP: Hello house , is possible to do any menial job in Sydney before class starts .
According to the condition of your visa, you must not start work before the start date of your course
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
It is me again. Hello Everyone!! Aunty Jenny whr art thou? Any Physiotherapist in the house. Am thinking of any good course to go for my Msc that will give me time to prepare well for my licensing exam. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Beamn4real(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
surveyor1:
All universities in Australia have scholarship. However, Australia universities too competitive compare to US or Canada. Also they only give few number of international students scholarship.
Considering the university you applied to, university of Melbourne. Is one od their best university. So you need to ask yourself
1. Do you have first class.
2. Do you publish paper or attended conferences
3 . working experience
4. Good academic references
Sometimes you might be lucky to get one, but I advised you if you don't meet all the requirements stated and you want to scholarship in Australia university, it might be an hard nut to crack. All the same, God favour is unlimited. So finger cross. But if u really desperate for scholarship, I recommend US universities for you. All the best

Thanks Surveyor1.. Yes, I hav all d requirmmnts u stated, except that I haven't publishd any paper nor attendd conferences.. What am primarily after is other financial options except d scholarshps offrd by UniMel since av applied and dey said dey wud get back to me. Anyway, wud also look in2 US and Canada.. Thxz once again.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
is canberra is lovely place to study and work
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Beamn4real:

Thanks Surveyor1.. Yes, I hav all d requirmmnts u stated, except that I haven't publishd any paper nor attendd conferences.. What am primarily after is other financial options except d scholarshps offrd by UniMel since av applied and dey said dey wud get back to me. Anyway, wud also look in2 US and Canada.. Thxz once again.
Good. You can send an email to them to enquire about your financial option. Is just that unimel is competitive for scholarship. Just spread your net to the mentioned countries. All the best!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by afromuse: 6:15am On Dec 02, 2013
iriferi: Good day everyone. Good day aunt jenny. I have been following this thread for some while now. I know the question am about to ask may be stupid but it is also true that "when one ask question one tends to learn better and faster". Am a student in a Nigeria university studying physics but I would love to study computer science. I just want to know the budget to study CS in Australia (Barchelor). Pls, am just looking for a way to make good use of my life
All major Australian cities have universities offering Computer Science. You can even do it online now I believe. I would suggest that you follow the threads and make inquiries directly to the Student office re: budget. Here are just 3 links: http://www.deakin.edu.au/study-at-deakin/find-a-course/information-technology?gclid=CNnj49TikLsCFTFVpgodpW8A6w ; http://ask.cdu.edu.au/ci/documents/detail/2/science-2014-google/?gclid=CLajx9fikLsCFckepAodh0oAlw ; http://www.monash.edu/study/coursefinder/search/?action=search&query=computer+science+&courseview=international&course_level_ids=2&course_level_ids=3&course_level_ids=21&course_level_ids=4&location_ids=7&location_ids=2&location_ids=3&location_ids=4&location_ids=17&location_ids=8&location_ids=5&location_ids=6&location_ids=1&location_ids=9999&coursemodes=part-time&coursemodes=full-time&atar=Any&ib=Any
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by afromuse: 6:16am On Dec 02, 2013
juliana13139: is canberra is lovely place to study and work
Canberra is a great place to study. It's a public service town so employment is limited. Cold in winter but gorgeous surroundings.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 6:19am On Dec 02, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by osssy09: 8:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Good morning house, please I will need a detailed advice I am a novice.. My Gf is a RN here in Nigeria, she is planning on going to Australia to further her study, How can she go about this? and also, can someone please tell me some cheap nursing schools in Australia? Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2013
Happy new month @ all. Please, is there any negative implication(s) in having two statement of accts from two different sponsors while applying for a student visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 8:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Happy new month to everyone.
This is our month of surprises and gladness. Fulfillment of our heart desires and actualizations of dreams. To all those that are waiting, God will put a smile on our face soon and give us a reason to rejoice by his grace. This time next year we will all look back and glorify our creator. HNM to u all.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2013
Amen @posdream
Who is joining me to Perth by January?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2013
Chubi4show: Amen @posdream

lots of perth ppl here just that some r heading to the regional area. Please how was ur sponsor contacted?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2013
posdream:

There are lots of perth ppl here just that some r heading to the regional area. Please how was ur sponsor contacted?
My sponsor wasn't contacted at all maybe because I was for SVP.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2013
Chubi4show:
My sponsor wasn't contacted at all maybe because I was for SVP.

Ok. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2013
To the will of God. I've just been refused visa due to insufficient funds. Just want to share my news too even though its not good. God knows best. For the rest that are waiting I wish you good news in christ name. Amen.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 02, 2013
Chubi4show: Amen @posdream
Guy, God willing, am coming in by february,

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.