Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,173 members, 7,922,938 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:10 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (773076 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by moneybag100: 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
surveyor1:
What assessment level r u?

I mean student....please how do you guys calculate the assessment?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
zoe iyke:
Are you for SVP or assessment level 3? When do you intend lodging
zoe iyke:
Are you for SVP or assessment level 3? When do you intend lodging
Mehn. Really hoping things work well this coming days. I'm for assessment level 3 o!
Really trusting on Jesus's acceleration.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 12:10am On Nov 27, 2013
wahabcoal:

Mehn. Really hoping things work well this coming days. I'm for assessment level 3 o!
Really trusting on Jesus's acceleration.
Then it means u hav to b very fast wit ur application sinc they (DIBP) go on xmas break,am sure u hav payed ur fees? Wen do u intend lodgin.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by moneybag100: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2013
Hello house......please can I use a family friend bank statement as sponsor? They are willing to sponsor me....and if yes what and what are required?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:55am On Nov 27, 2013
RedReact: @Wahabcoal, I have just done that now.
@posdream, I am very good, but wont mind being gooder. How is family and work? What's happening? Hope you put me as ya sibling for the application o? If no, better dey prep one of ya sisters for me; you hear me so? wink grin grin grin

Ha! I no get sis o. But trust me, I put your name for d application o. Shebi your name na redreact? Red na first name and react na last name ba?
Don't worry. Lol. You dey enjoy HK. I still dey naija oooo. Remember? Hehehehe.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 10:16am On Nov 27, 2013
moneybag100: Hello house......please can I use a family friend bank statement as sponsor? They are willing to sponsor me....and if yes what and what are required?

Your family friend can sponsor u provided s/he can swear an affidavit of being your sponsor and ur relationship e.g ur uncle/aunt or cousin. And why u want to be sponsored. I think that's still ok for this year application.

See dibp website for more info on assessment level. There's a table to chk there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nelsono(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2013
@ All, I applied for my student visa (Streamlined) yday, got a text same yday that it has been dispatched for processing.

However I have a question for those hu hv gone thru this route before; did you receive ur HAP ID from VFS after lodging ur application or will it be mailed/texed to u later from Pretoria?

Why I ask is because on lodging my application I only got was a slip that has my Visa Ref Number (as I got to know later) and the type of visa am applying for and amt paid but no HAP ID on. How I knew was cos I called the hospital trying to inquire on the amt for the medicals and was asked to call my HAP ID, thinking tha the Visa Ref Number was the HAP ID, I called it, buh was informed that that wasnt it that HAP ID is a 7 digits number.

Pls forumite advise so that I will be guided accordingly.

Thanks all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by moneybag100: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2013
posdream:

Your family friend can sponsor u provided s/he can swear an affidavit of being your sponsor and ur relationship e.g ur uncle/aunt or cousin. And why u want to be sponsored. I think that's still ok for this year application.

See dibp website for more info on assessment level. There's a table to chk there.

Please is there any change on that early next year?
and I didn't see where to check my assessment on immi.gov...can you please paste a link direct to there and if am to sponsore myself how much must I have in my bs?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2013
nelsono: @ All, I applied for my student visa (Streamlined) yday, got a text same yday that it has been dispatched for processing.

However I have a question for those hu hv gone thru this route before; did you receive ur HAP ID from VFS after lodging ur application or will it be mailed/texed to u later from Pretoria?

Why I ask is because on lodging my application I only got was a slip that has my Visa Ref Number (as I got to know later) and the type of visa am applying for and amt paid but no HAP ID on. How I knew was cos I called the hospital trying to inquire on the amt for the medicals and was asked to call my HAP ID, thinking tha the Visa Ref Number was the HAP ID, I called it, buh was informed that that wasnt it that HAP ID is a 7 digits number.

Thanks all.

The number on d slip given after biometrics is just for you to track ur application on vfsglobal site. Now,ur HAP ID can be given to u by ur visa officer if u didn't do medical before applying. And u can generate the HAP ID on immi.gov.au site chk d health declaration page. But as it is now that you've submitted. You have to wait for your visa officer to call u. Cos u shouldn't generate d HAP ID after lodging for visa. I hope u are cleared now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nelsono(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2013
posdream:

The number on d slip given after biometrics is just for you to track ur application on vfsglobal site. Now,ur HAP ID can be given to u by ur visa officer if u didn't do medical before applying. And u can generate the HAP ID on immi.gov.au site chk d health declaration page. But as it is now that you've submitted. You have to wait for your visa officer to call u. Cos u shouldn't generate d HAP ID after lodging for visa. I hope u are cleared now.

Thanks posdream.... I presume whn u say visa officer u mean Australia Embassy staff in their visa processing center in Pretoria? And by the way any idea on how long I need to wait (on the ave) before I get a call from them and hw much for the medicals in Lagos.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
moneybag100:

Please is there any change on that early next year?
and I didn't see where to check my assessment on immi.gov...can you please paste a link direct to there and if am to sponsore myself how much must I have in my bs?

www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/572.aspx

scroll down to click for assessment level.

You'll need your close relatives to sponsor you from next year. I think with proof. (Not sure) countries like pakistan n co are asked to show family tree. I don't know if that's what they will demand as from next year. Pls try and read a lot on dibp site.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
nelsono:

Thanks posdream.... I presume whn u say visa officer u mean Australia Embassy staff in their visa processing center in Pretoria? And by the way any idea on how long I need to wait (on the ave) before I get a call from them and hw much for the medicals in Lagos.

Thanks a bunch.
Don't wait to be called because of time. They wil go on xmas break frm 23-27th of dec. Go ahead nd send an email to ASH@dfat.gov.au requesting for ur aknowledgement letter and within 48hrs, ur case officer in pretoria wil reply u directly sending u ur aknwoledgement letter nd request for medical containing ur HAP ID. Medical in lag is more xpensive dan in Abj. I did mine in Abj 2 weeks ago for 30k nd I'm waitin for my visa. Which skul r u heading to?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chubi4show:
Don't wait to be called because of time. They wil go on xmas break frm 23-27th of dec. Go ahead nd send an email to ASH@dfat.gov.au requesting for ur aknowledgement letter and within 48hrs, ur case officer in pretoria wil reply u directly sending u ur aknwoledgement letter nd request for medical containing ur HAP ID. Medical in lag is more xpensive dan in Abj. I did mine in Abj 2 weeks ago for 30k nd I'm waitin for my visa. Which skul r u heading to?
What about the cost of transport to abuja? Lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
surveyor1:
What about the cost of transport to abuja? Lol
I'm a resident of Ph as such had a choice of traveling either to Lag or Abj for my medical... If he is based in lag, he cn do it there...buh d discrepancy in price is much dt one cn pay tp to abj frm lag, do d medical and stil have enough change....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nelsono(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chubi4show:

Thanks posdream: Any idea on the diff in terms medicals in Abj n Lag, wanna c if it will be cost effective doin in Abj afta putting in T Fare, and other logistics 2geda.

Am heading to Melbourne University Electrical Eng. Hw abt u?

I will do asap i.e. sending an email to ASH@dfat.gov.au. Greatly appreciate
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nelsono(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
nelsono:

Thanks posdream: Any idea on the diff in terms medicals in Abj n Lag, wanna c if it will be cost effective doin in Abj afta putting in T Fare, and other logistics 2geda.

The bolded has been done wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
nelsono:

Well I think abj is better I did mine at lagos at 80200 and abj offered me at 40000. If I had gone to abj for 20k max with transport I wud still have like 20k for myself but my family were worried due to dangers on d road and taking flight is abt 48k to and fro. So if u don't mind taking public transport or driving to abj. It worth it. Going by air doesn't make sense though. Also consider where u will stay also cos I learnt abj is like 9+ hrs from lag.

Goodluck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
nelsono:

I'm not posdreams but Chubi4show. The diff is abt N30k. Am heading 2 ECU perth, Master of Eng.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nelsono(m): 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chubi4show:
I'm not posdreams but Chubi4show. The diff is abt N30k. Am heading 2 ECU perth, Master of Eng.

Ohh sorry about the mix up. Master of Eng in what? Minnning, or ....?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ibelieveu: 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
nelsono: @ All, I applied for my student visa (Streamlined) yday, got a text same yday that it has been dispatched for processing.

Thanks all.
u will be asked to go for ur medicals and xray 14 days after ur visa application and d instruction will be given by ur case officer in pretoria, either by email or by call, depending on d mode of communication u chose in ur visa application form. NB: the request for medicals letter will come with ur HAP ID
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 4:25am On Nov 28, 2013
I had a lot of problem trying to log onto this site for 2 days now.... @justwise, i hope you take care of it.

Hi guys,
One lovely thing about this thread is that people always stand out to keep it going.... bravo to you all.
I am really enjoying Aussie, i can move around now on my own, probably will start driving soon. Used my ATM here today and it worked perfectly, made me regret doing exchange at the airport at the rate of 170. I don't think newcomers need to exchange money before coming here, just activate your internet banking and you are done. I have already opened an account here too. Goodluck to people waiting for their grant Esp Chubi4show, Largo etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:06am On Nov 28, 2013
lawland: I had a lot of problem trying to log onto this site for 2 days now.... @justwise, i hope you take care of it.

Hi guys,
One lovely thing about this thread is that people always stand out to keep it going.... bravo to you all.
I am really enjoying Aussie, i can move around now on my own, probably will start driving soon. Used my ATM here today and it worked perfectly, made me regret doing exchange at the airport at the rate of 170. I don't think newcomers need to exchange money before coming here, just activate your internet banking and you are done. I have already opened an account here too. Goodluck to people waiting for their grant Esp Chubi4show, Largo etc

Welcome to Ausieland, the ATM thing works fine if your card has MasterCard or VISA logo on it. But try and come with some cash oh, I know of someone that almost got stranded on his way to Perth.

He came with South African airways, and had a 6hrs stop over in SA. My guy had to fast by force for 6hrs because he was not able to buy or pay for anything with his ATM card.

@lawland, when are you moving to perth??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2013
nelsono:

Ohh sorry about the mix up. Master of Eng in what? Minnning, or ....?
in Civil engineering.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2013
lawland: I had a lot of problem trying to log onto this site for 2 days now.... @justwise, i hope you take care of it.

Hi guys,
Amen! my brother. Am happy 4 u. Nw I knw hw important it is to do medical prior to lodging... I communicate wit my CO though n she tels me she hasn't got feedback frm their panel of doctors concerning my medicals in Australia, if she does, she l finalise my application... Mehn d waiting is killing!
Abt d ATM issue, I planned opening a domicilary acct wit gtb 2 get a dollar master card, I have an acct wit dem though n naira master card dnt knw if naira master card wiv work wit an ATM machine in Aussie....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by SQUAREJP: 9:33am On Nov 28, 2013
@ Lawland , i am happy for u man. Have you gotten accommodation ? What documents did you travel with ? Lastly ,when will you commence study ? I hope to c you when I arrive .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Chubi4show:
Abt d ATM issue, I planned opening a domicilary acct wit gtb 2 get a dollar master card, I have an acct wit dem though n naira master card dnt knw if naira master card wiv work wit an ATM machine in Aussie....

No need for Dom account, the naira MasterCard works just fine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2013
UBKtech:

ok. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Skelambar: 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hi Everybody,

Am new to this forum and I really appreciate the way questions are being handled here.

I have a UK degree but from an affiliated university in Malaysia. I want to apply for a masters program in Marketing Management but due to some financial constrain I decided to go for a graduate diploma which costs abt 12Usd.

My question is what's my stand or chance of getting the Australia student visa if I should go for the graduate diploma program? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Largo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 28, 2013

Hi guys,
. It feels good to know that you are settling well. You have always been thoughtful of others. I pray that the land yield its fruit for you. My CO said it normally takes 2 to 3 weeks before the panel doctors in Australia finish with their review, so I'm waiting for them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Posdream, I am graciously going good; all glory to God.
@Mr Skelamba, you have 100% chance of.getting the visa provided all other requirements are fulfilled. For the requirements, read this thread from the beginning to this present page to get details or visit the Aussie immigration website.
@Wahabcoal, I got your last message but I have been unable to reply; pardon me for that, as I should be able to reply either tomorrow or next. Just bear with me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Skelambar: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
@ RedReact, thanks for the reply. Will be sitting for the ielts jan.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
UBKtech:

Just like Aunty Jenny always say.... ^^^^^^ DITTO

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.