Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,204 members, 7,923,050 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:34 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (773081 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
surveyor1:
Nice one. How is the public transport system? Good. Is just like UK rule too much.
I have not taken a public transport yet but the cabs here looks good and coordinated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
lawland: I have not taken a public transport yet but the cabs here looks good and coordinated.
Good. How Sydney generally? People and stuff
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
surveyor1:
Good. How Sydney generally? People and stuff
Its perfect... just like home.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
lawland: Its perfect... just like home.
Humn. Good to hear. Enjoy. ..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
hi, please can i would love to come for my masters next yr in Oz...pls what is the best city or state you would advice me to stay...do not want to call anyone in naija for money, so i need a city where jobs would be easy to get and all..thanks so much and i await your honest reply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by moneybag100: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
Please house....how much does one need to have in his account or sponsor (bank statement) for a course tuition of 10kAud per session? Can someone sponsor himself? Please what are the fee range for diploma or TAFE college in AU. Preferable lowest...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
juliana13139: hi, please can i would love to come for my masters next yr in Oz...pls what is the best city or state you would advice me to stay...do not want to call anyone in naija for money, so i need a city where jobs would be easy to get and all..thanks so much and i await your honest reply.
You need to be aware that its not easy to get money for your tuition n maintenance at the same time while studying. Australia immigration strict. So u need to get your tuition sorted out and have some money. Although aunty Jenny has said u can get job in regional quickly but jobs r in Australia generally. All d best

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
lawland: Its perfect... just like home.
hey...where in sydney do u reside?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 1:31am On Nov 24, 2013
thanks, so any cities to advice on where i can get good jobs and living can be worthwhile in Oz surveyor1]
You need to be aware that its not easy to get money for your tuition n maintenance at the same time while studying. Australia immigration strict. So u need to get your tuition sorted out and have some money. Although aunty Jenny has said u can get job in regional quickly but jobs r in Australia generally. All d best[/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Watermelon(m): 2:57am On Nov 24, 2013
Hey Chookudi, congratulations on securing your visa after much hassle and welcome to Sydney in advance. Sydney is a very nice and multicultural city and University of Sydney is one of Australia’s best universities. Please be well prepared for your studies because the academic system here is quite intensive and very demanding that you may not have the time to work if you cannot manage your time appropriately. There is a lot to be done in your academics; from assignments, tutorials to single and group presentations, and possibily exams. Unisydney medical and pharmacy schools are no pushovers, you may find yourself spending an entire day at “Edward Ford” computer lab. Lecturers are very friendly, seek their support when you encounter any problem with their courses.

The university will provide lots of support if you find your studies challenging, there is the “learning centre “that will provide extra tutorials and academic support at no cost. When you are fully registered with the university, you can obtain your “myuni” which consists of a special university email address and a password that gives you access to computers in all Unisydney libraries and computer labs. Myuni can be obtained at IT support services at level 2, Wentworth building computer lab (Camperdown campus)

As for work, if you are on a student visa, I am not sure you will be allowed to work in a professional capacity. Pharmacists earn well but this field is a bit competitive here, I do not know if you have their professional registration or license.

There are jobs in Sydney but do not limit yourself to a particular sector or job. You must be open to all possibilities including cleaning, labouring and even farming. Europeans and Asians have taken over the farming sector (yes! Graduates for your info).

When you obtain your myuni, you can search for jobs at the university careerhub, alternatively, you can visit their office at level 5, Jane foss Russel building, Camperdown campus. The career section conducts several free tutorials on effective and productive job search. So avail yourself this opportunity.

To improve your prospects of securing a job in Syndey and elsewhere in Australia, you will need to do some certificate programs lasting between 4 and 8 weeks. It may be advisable to arrive early to commence any program of your choice if you have ways to sustain yourself financially during this period.

A car or at least a driver’s license, will improve your chances of securing a job by over 80%. In Oz, owning a car is a necessity and not a manifestation of affluence. (Visit Parramatta road for varieties of cheap rides). If you already know how to drive, please bring along your Nigeria driver’s license because that makes it a lot easier to obtain an Aussie license here. If you do not know how to drive, it will be cheaper for you to learn this in Nigeria before coming to OZ. Driving lessons in Sydney are from AUS $50 per hour.

Be smart! Jobs are getting more competitive by the day with the inflow of immigrants especially from Asia.
There are some job websites for you:
Indeed.com.au
Seek.com.au
Jobseeker.com.au
Babysitter.com.au
Mycareer.com.au
Gumtree.com.au/Sydney
Jobsearch.gov.au
Careerone.com.au
Jobs.com.au

You can walk into offices with your CV, this is stressful but also effective

Going through agents Is a very effective way of securing a job in Sydney, I will advise that you do not deal with any online agent, visit their offices. Most agents do not charge agency fees before getting you a job as it is against Australian laws, they only deduct an agreed percentage usually not more than 5% from your wages over a period of time after getting you a job.
If you do not know how to shave yourself, there is still time to learn otherwise you learn by force after parting with $70 and above per shave!

Best wishes as you arrive in Oz,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olorundimu(m): 3:10am On Nov 24, 2013
Its watermelon reposting, I posted some useful job websites in Australia and seem to be banned any time I do that, I don't Understand nairaland and the moderators some times, anyway here is the information I posted earlier.

Hey Chookudi, congratulations on securing your visa after much hassle and welcome to Sydney in advance. Sydney is a very nice and multicultural city and University of Sydney is one of Australia’s best universities. Please be well prepared for your studies because the academic system here is quite intensive and very demanding that you may not have the time to work if you cannot manage your time appropriately. There is a lot to be done in your academics; from assignments, tutorials to single and group presentations and possibly, exams. Unisydney medical and pharmacy schools are no pushovers, you may find yourself spending an entire day at “Edward Ford” computer lab. Lecturers are very friendly, seek their support when you encounter any problem with their courses.

The university will provide lots of support if you find your studies challenging, there is the “learning centre “that will provide extra tutorials and academic support at no cost. When you are fully registered with the university, you can obtain your “myuni” which consists of a special university email address and a password that gives you access to computers in all Unisydney libraries and computer labs. Myuni can be obtained at IT support services at level 2, Wentworth building computer lab, (Camperdown campus)

As for work, if you are on a student visa, I am not sure you will be allowed to work in a professional capacity. Pharmacists earn well but this field is a bit competitive here, I do not know if you have their professional registration or license.

There are jobs in Sydney but do not limit yourself to a particular sector or job. You must be open to all possibilities including cleaning, labouring and even farming. Europeans and Asians have taken over the farming sector (yes! Graduates for your info).

When you obtain your myuni, you can search for jobs at the university careerhub, alternatively, you can visit their office at level five, Jane foss Russel building, Camperdown campus. The career section conducts several free tutorials on effective and productive job search. So avail yourself this opportunity.

To improve your prospects of securing a job in Syndey and elsewhere in Australia, you will need to do some certificate programs lasting between 4 and 8 weeks. It may be advisable to arrive early to commence any program of your choice if you have ways to sustain yourself financially during this period.

A car or at least, a driver’s license, will improve your chances of securing a job by over 80%. In Oz, owning a car is a necessity not a manifestation of affluence. (Visit Parramatta road for varieties of cheap rides). If you already know how to drive, please bring along your Nigeria driver’s license because that makes it a lot easier to obtain an Aussie license here. If you do not know how to drive, it will be cheaper for you to learn this in Nigeria before coming to OZ. Driving lessons in Sydney are from AUS $50 per hour.

Be smart! Jobs are getting more competitive by the day with the inflow of immigrants especially from Asia.
I posted many job websites here and I guess the ban was because of this.
Alternatively, you can walk into offices with your CV, this is stressful but also effective.

Going through agents Is a very effective way of securing a job in Sydney, I will advise that you do not deal with any online agent, visit their offices. Most agents do not charge agency fees before getting you a job as it is against Australian laws, they only deduct an agreed percentage usually not more than 5% from your wages over a period of time after getting you a job.

If you do not know how to shave yourself, there is still time to learn otherwise you learn by force after parting with $70 and above per shave!
Best wishes as you arrive in Oz,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2013
juliana13139: thanks, so any cities to advice on where i can get good jobs and living can be worthwhile in Oz surveyor1]
You need to be aware that its not easy to get money for your tuition n maintenance at the same time while studying. Australia immigration strict. So u need to get your tuition sorted out and have some money. Although aunty Jenny has said u can get job in regional quickly but jobs r in Australia generally. All d best
Perth, queensland. Aunty Jenny can shed more light on this..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
I was in a birthday party today at Blacktown...... Who else in Sydney was there?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
lawland: I was in a birthday party today at Blacktown...... Who else in Sydney was there?
Lawland u don dey flex.... cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
surveyor1:
Lawland u don dey flex.... cheesy
My bro no be small.... African ladies here are very beautiful.... I saw a lot today.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
lawland: My bro no be small.... African ladies here are very beautiful.... I saw a lot today.
Ole ... nigerians or which country are they from? wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
surveyor1:
Ole ... nigerians or which country are they from? wink
Nigeria, Sl and Ethiopians
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
lawland: Nigeria, Sl and Ethiopians
Enjoy. When you they go Perth?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Watermelon(m): 8:14am On Nov 25, 2013
Justwise, this your antispambot needs urgent repair!
@Lawland, I can see you are enjoying Sydney, do have a great time here, if you want to see more African ladies visit the African night club at Oxford street, Darlinghurst. Its the festive seasonof christmas and many African groups will have several parties, African professionals, Sydney chapter will have an end of the year party soon, I hope to see you there!

Hey Chookudi, congratulations on securing your visa after much hassle and welcome to Sydney in advance. Sydney is a very nice and multicultural city and University of Sydney is one of Australia’s best universities and my alma mater. Please be well prepared for your studies because the academic system here is quite intensive and extremely demanding that you may not have the time to work if you cannot manage your time appropriately. There is a lot to be done in your academics; from assignments, (2,000 to 7,000 word essays) tutorials to single and group presentations. Unisydney medical and pharmacy schools are no pushovers, you may find yourself spending an entire day at “Bank building” computer lab. Lecturers are very friendly, seek their support when you encounter any problem with their courses.
The university will provide lots of support if you find your studies challenging, there is the “learning centre “that will provide extra tutorials and academic support at no cost. When you are fully registered with the university, you can obtain your “myuni” which consists of a special university email address and a password that gives you access to computers in all Unisydney libraries and computer labs and your elearning site or blackboard. Myuni can be obtained at IT support services at level 2, Wentworth building computer lab, (Camperdown campus)

When you obtain your myuni, you can search for jobs at the university careerhub, alternatively, you can visit their office at level five, Jane foss Russel building, Camperdown campus. The career section conducts several free tutorials on effective and productive job search. So avail yourself this opportunity.

A car or at least, a driver’s license, will improve your chances of securing a job by over 80%. In Oz, owning a car is a necessity and not a manifestation of affluence. (Visit Parramatta road for varieties of cheap rides). If you already know how to drive, please bring along your Nigeria driver’s license because that makes it a lot easier to obtain an Aussie license here. If you do not know how to drive, it will be cheaper for you to learn this in Nigeria before coming to OZ. Driving lessons in Sydney are from AUS $50 per hour.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Tasmania is where am looking at presently.... my brothers/sisters for house na first semester money dey ground ooh.......... my plan is to work and pay my tuition cos na me won carry myself gooooo.... the advice be Nursing and Tasmania don show face,Ultimo for New south way don give me admission for Human Resources and i fit afford dia first semester money,Tasmania money no too plenty but na continuity na him i dey talk for here because ee be like say job plenty well well for New South Way pass Tasmania... i want regional areas where i can work and pay my tuition without stressing anybody back home and God willing relocate my family.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:24am On Nov 25, 2013
nkechima: Tasmania is where am looking at presently.... my brothers/sisters for house na first semester money dey ground ooh.......... my plan is to work and pay my tuition cos na me won carry myself gooooo.... the advice be Nursing and Tasmania don show face,Ultimo for New south way don give me admission for Human Resources and i fit afford dia first semester money,Tasmania money no too plenty but na continuity na him i dey talk for here because ee be like say job plenty well well for New South Way pass Tasmania... i want regional areas where i can work and pay my tuition without stressing anybody back home and God willing relocate my family.
Over to aunty Jenny and watermelon. . Na dem dey Aussie
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2013
@watermelon.. how Sydney dey goo.. how Penrith jobs too. Na dre I dey come for February. .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olorundimu(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2013
@ Lawland, I can see you are enjoying Sydney, do have a great time.

Hey chookudi, I have given so many useful information as regards job search and survival in Syndey, academic progress at the university of Sydney being a Unisydney Alumni myself but it seems Justwise and his antispambot have been specifically targetted at me (watermelon).

Anyway, I honestly wish you all well as I quit this session.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:36am On Nov 25, 2013
olorundimu: @ Lawland, I can see you are enjoying Sydney, do have a great time.

Hey chookudi, I have given so many useful information as regards job search and survival in Syndey, academic progress at the university of Sydney being a Unisydney Alumni myself but it seems Justwise and his antispambot have been specifically targetted at me (watermelon).

Anyway, I honestly wish you all well as I quit this session.
You can share your experience here. We gonna listen. .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olorundimu(m): 8:50am On Nov 25, 2013
surveyor1:
You can share your experience here. We gonna listen. .

Bros, its watermelon, those hidden posts above are from me, they contain loads of information to help people coming to Sydney but I don't just understand Justwise and his antispambot for making me their particular target.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 9:56am On Nov 25, 2013
got an admission in Sydney for masters....please is Sydney the best place for international students looking for good jobs as am sponsoring myself...just want to be sure pls..anyone here with opinions pls..thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2013
^^^
I will say 'NO' if you have a long-term plan of staying in the country. You can search through this thread to see the reason whybI said NO.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by roteyy(m): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2013
Pls is there any Nigerian restaurant in Sydney?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2013
i know sydney is expensive...but i guess its worth it...or any other reasons
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2013
^^^
Not the high cost, my dear, but the chance(s) of getting PR after you finish your study (should that be one of your aim of studying there). If you are PR minded, kindly search for regional universities or colleges and apply there. Ypu may not enjoy the place 'cos of low population but it is very easy to get PR'd after study.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:59am On Nov 25, 2013
olorundimu:

Bros, its watermelon, those hidden posts above are from me, they contain loads of information to help people coming to Sydney but I don't just understand Justwise and his antispambot for making me their particular target.
Bro. U can reshare for the benefit of us who haven't see your previous post
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
Not the high cost, my dear, but the chance(s) of getting PR after you finish your study (should that be one of your aim of studying there). If you are PR minded, kindly search for regional universities or colleges and apply there. Ypu may not enjoy the place 'cos of low population but it is very easy to get PR'd after study.
Are you in Australia? Which region

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.