Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,174 members, 7,922,947 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:15 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (773077 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
House.... please, should i go ahead with the medical now or wait till early next year......... already asked the skul to differ the admission to next intake.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
nkechima: House.... please, should i go ahead with the medical now or wait till early next year......... already asked the skul to differ the admission to next intake.
I reckon you wait for the school to send your defer letter. Once the school agree to defer, then you can go for medical. Is Good to undergo medical examination prior to visa. It speeds up the process.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
Thanks Bros
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 17, 2013
This is the response i got from the skul.....Dont really know what to do.

Thank you for your message. Once we have finalised the programs offered in Semester 2, 2014 we will re-assess your application and contact you.
We’ll be in touch.
Thank you & kind regards,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2013
is everyone gone on leave or what.......Thinking aloud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The house is so quiet....... smiley smiley(Worried).......... Why is there no contribution on the comment above? undecided"Angry"............... is the season affecting the active members of the forum also?( still thinking)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2013
nkechima: This is the response i got from the skul.....Dont really know what to do.

Thank you for your message. Once we have finalised the programs offered in Semester 2, 2014 we will re-assess your application and contact you.
We’ll be in touch.
Thank you & kind regards,

This is a general response to cases like yours. It simply means during the Semester 2, your documents will be re-evaluated against new rules (if any) for the program of your choice. If it meets up, you will be offered a new admission and if not, you will be advised on what to do.

Do not panic, its only a general statement.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Thank you so much......... the pores in my boil is finally out.
bellong:

This is a general response to cases like yours. It simply means during the Semester 2, your documents will be re-evaluated against new rules (if any) for the program of your choice. If it meets up, you will be offered a new admission and if not, you will be advised on what to do.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
bellong:

Ditto...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
lawland: Ditto...

@Lawland,
Longest time? How is Sydney? Too much enjoyment that's why we hardly see you on the internet these days
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
hello the Gurus in the house, i applied for Australia business visa and i just tracked it now but the message i got is.''Application received at the Australia High Commission, Pretoria on 18/12/2013''
i applied in south africa, please does this mean i have to visit their embassy for my outcome because they claimed they will email me the outcome of their decision since label is no more required for Australia visa but i have not receive any email from them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
hello everyone in the house.
well,ive been a visitor on this thread for some months nw and i would love to ask for some info frm you guys esp those that hv been successful in acquiring a visa to study or reside in australia.
I'm a third year medical student in a federal university in Nigeria. However,when this ASUU strike started,i got angry wiv the educational system in nigeria and how corruption has become the order of the day.Also,there re limited and outdated facilities in virtually all clinical schools in most universities offering medicine.federal unis like UI,OAU,UNIIILORIN,UNILAG nd UNN are a little bit ok but the medical degree is not recognised in most countries except US nd UK(if u have connection).during my research on Australia,i fell in love with the country because of its standard of living and abudant medical opportunities there.however,a medical degree frm nigeria is nt recognised by the australian medical council. they wldnt even let you write the license exam. so i summoned up courage to enquire abt starting afresh in any medical school.mehn,i got only negative responses dt i wldnt be able to study wivout a bsc frm a recognized uni,mcat/Gamsat,etc. also,the tuition fees re quite expensive(45-63k aud) bt i somehw belive dt if God lets me get an admission,dt the finances wldnt be a problem particularly if i get a sponsor since i'm a very brilliant student. after my research and enquiries abt medical programmes in several unis like unsw,unimelbourne,monash(offered me a credit transfer to biomed first which will be too timeconsuming(7yrs) since i'm a female(20 already)),uniadelaide,flinders,uninewcastle,and UQ; university of newcastle gave me the best offer to begin a TPP wiv them first in 2014 nd then gain an admission into their 5yr med ug program in 2015.also,their tuition is less expensive(43k) and since its a regional area,cost of living wld be affordable.the sch is also very outstanding in med too.however,the TPP is app 5M naira(tuition plus oshc nd living cost) nd my family can only afford 3M per yr nd this can only cover my livin cost.
however,if i can get the admission offer,wat re my chances of finding a sponsor(company or gov. or person)willing to cover at least the full or partial tution fee for my study. i also checked the master programme but it will be difficult to apply wiv my medical degree and get a supervisor for a project since nigerian med isnt recognised.
pls i need advice frm nlanders who hv experienced aussie first-hand esp in the medical field and pple who can link me wiv sponsors. shd i jst continue wiv my med here(wiv this poor facilities,ASUU,and recent NMA strike) and forget abt my dream of practicing in aussie someday? shd i get the offer frm uninewcastle and hope on God for a sponsor? i desire to be a world-class physician dt wld called someday to contribute to a new nigeria in the future(the nigeria now is in chaos).evry advice wld be appreciated.thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:56am On Dec 19, 2013
careerwoman: hello everyone in the house.
well,ive been a visitor on this thread for some months nw and i would love to ask for some info frm you guys esp those that hv been successful in acquiring a visa to study or reside in australia.
I'm a third year medical student in a federal university in Nigeria. However,when this ASUU strike started,i got angry wiv the educational system in nigeria and how corruption has become the order of the day.Also,there re limited and outdated facilities in virtually all clinical schools in most universities offering medicine.federal unis like UI,OAU,UNIIILORIN,UNILAG nd UNN are a little bit ok but the medical degree is not recognised in most countries except US nd UK(if u have connection).during my research on Australia,i fell in love with the country because of its standard of living and abudant medical opportunities there.however,a medical degree frm nigeria is nt recognised by the australian medical council. they wldnt even let you write the license exam. so i summoned up courage to enquire abt starting afresh in any medical school.mehn,i got only negative responses dt i wldnt be able to study wivout a bsc frm a recognized uni,mcat/Gamsat,etc. also,the tuition fees re quite expensive(45-63k aud) bt i somehw belive dt if God lets me get an admission,dt the finances wldnt be a problem particularly if i get a sponsor since i'm a very brilliant student. after my research and enquiries abt medical programmes in several unis like unsw,unimelbourne,monash(offered me a credit transfer to biomed first which will be too timeconsuming(7yrs) since i'm a female(20 already)),uniadelaide,flinders,uninewcastle,and UQ; university of newcastle gave me the best offer to begin a TPP wiv them first in 2014 nd then gain an admission into their 5yr med ug program in 2015.also,their tuition is less expensive(43k) and since its a regional area,cost of living wld be affordable.the sch is also very outstanding in med too.however,the TPP is app 5M naira(tuition plus oshc nd living cost) nd my family can only afford 3M per yr nd this can only cover my livin cost.
however,if i can get the admission offer,wat re my chances of finding a sponsor(company or gov. or person)willing to cover at least the full or partial tution fee for my study. i also checked the master programme but it will be difficult to apply wiv my medical degree and get a supervisor for a project since nigerian med isnt recognised.
pls i need advice frm nlanders who hv experienced aussie first-hand esp in the medical field and pple who can link me wiv sponsors. shd i jst continue wiv my med here(wiv this poor facilities,ASUU,and recent NMA strike) and forget abt my dream of practicing in aussie someday? shd i get the offer frm uninewcastle and hope on God for a sponsor? i desire to be a world-class physician dt wld called someday to contribute to a new nigeria in the future(the nigeria now is in chaos).evry advice wld be appreciated.thanks.
You did a through research, which is quite good. To the best of my knowledge, Australia is good for medicine and you will earn a good remuneration. However, it will be difficult to get a scholarship for medicine without Cambridge A level with A in core subjects. Based on your condition I will advise you to complete your medicine in Nigeria because ASUU don't really affect medical students when you are in clinical class. Considering your financial capacity, it will be an hard nut to crack to get a funding to complete your programme. Besides, Australia scholarships are few and most of it is for phd students. So, to be realistic you can't get the money. Second option, , you might consider usa. Usa have loads of scholarship but u need to write SAT. Furthermore, where did u read that with nigeria medical degree u can't write licence examination for Australia? Have you email doctor connect in Australia? . If it is true. U can get licence in uk or usa and cross to Australia. All the best!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by azeezwl: 3:02am On Dec 19, 2013
hello ppl, i wanna ask how can i get a cheap university for my brother in Australia. If i am able to pay his first year tuition fee and accommodation, can he work and get half of its tuition and accommodation in his subsequent years while I support him with half of the tuition? Though I would love him to come and meet me here in Canada but am thinking if I can get a cheaper uni for him in Australia as that would save costs.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2013
[/color]
surveyor1:
You did a through research, which is quite good. To the best of my knowledge, Australia is good for medicine and you will earn a good remuneration. However, it will be difficult to get a scholarship for medicine without Cambridge A level with A in core subjects. Based on your condition I will advise you to complete your medicine in Nigeria because ASUU don't really affect medical students when you are in clinical class. Considering your financial capacity, it will be an hard nut to crack to get a funding to complete your programme. Besides, Australia scholarships are few and most of it is for phd students. So, to be realistic you can't get the money. Second option, , you might consider usa. Usa have loads of scholarship but u need to write SAT. Furthermore, where did u read that with nigeria medical degree u can't write licence examination for Australia? Have you email doctor connect in Australia? . If it is true. U can get licence in uk or usa and cross to Australia. All the best!
[color=#006600]
surveyor1:
surveyor1:
thank you for the detailed info.well,i read the licence thing from the australian medical council's website.they have a list of countries and recognised unis. i'm not really a fan of the US and australia is a great place to build a family and bring up children from my research. this last ASUU strike affected us big time ooo.med students dt shd hv graduated this yr will hv to mid nxt yr.also,NMA jst announced an indefinite strike action on monday.if it continues,it might affect clinical school nxt yr too.finally,I had 8A1s and C4 in English at O'level. can i still get a sponsor wiv the result either in nigeria or australia?
evry advice is well appreciated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:11am On Dec 19, 2013
careerwoman: [/color][color=#006600]
thank you for the detailed info.well,i read the licence thing from the australian medical council's website.they have a list of countries and recognised unis. i'm not really a fan of the US and australia is a great place to build a family and bring up children from my research. this last ASUU strike affected us big time ooo.med students dt shd hv graduated this yr will hv to mid nxt yr.also,NMA jst announced an indefinite strike action on monday.if it continues,it might affect clinical school nxt yr too.finally,I had 8A1s and C4 in English at O'level. can i still get a sponsor wiv the result either in nigeria or australia?
evry advice is well appreciated.
You had an excellent result. However, o level result is insufficient to get scholarship for medical schools. You need to write Cambridge A level. In overseas before you get admission to university, you either go to college or write A level exams. Is just like writing jamb exam for university. Roger that!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:16am On Dec 19, 2013
azeezwl: hello ppl, i wanna ask how can i get a cheap university for my brother in Australia. If i am able to pay his first year tuition fee and accommodation, can he work and get half of its tuition and accommodation in his subsequent years while I support him with half of the tuition? Though I would love him to come and meet me here in Canada but am thinking if I can get a cheaper uni for him in Australia as that would save costs.
I think the best option is to go to Canada, because their universities tuition fees is lower than Canada. Considering, the oversea Insurance too but as for paying the rest of the tuition. I will let aunty Jenny, watermelon and lawland to answer that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2013
UBKtech:

@Lawland,
Longest time? How is Sydney? Too much enjoyment that's why we hardly see you on the internet these days
Lol ... See who is talking... Abeg enjoyment no dey for Aussie.. Na too much hustling dey.. Sydney is fine.. Had fun on my birthday last weekend.. Visited Circular Quay, Harbour bridge.. Opera house, Manly beach and to crown it all.. Had unlimited dinner at RSL club with friends and family.. Sounds like too much enjoyment shaaa ‎​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚°º‎​=))!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2013
surveyor1:
You had an excellent result. However, o level result is insufficient to get scholarship for medical schools. You need to write Cambridge A level. In overseas before you get admission to university, you either go to college or write A level exams. Is just like writing jamb exam for university. Roger that!
yeah,you are very correct. however,it was for this same reason the university of newcastle insisted i do a certificate IV(TPP) programme with their college(NIC) first and then if i was successful,it will be easier to go into year 2 of most courses except medicine(year 1) and you hv an upper hand than other intl students applying with certificates frm other countries. the TPP is like a direct entry program and pre-degree at the same time and it's a year only. GCE O' level is the requirement for the TPP leading to medicine(A1 in three science subjects and C6 in english). but maybe i shd take your former advice and finish my med here in 9ja come what may. i will jst hv to endure the harsh conditions and the possiblity of different strike actions(ASUU,NMA,and resident doctors) dt cld affect us again. the last ASUU strike has added 6 mnths to my previous grad time and they ended it with another agreement(imagine!).if fg breaches this new agreement,another strike action might follow and it might be worse. The good people of Nigeria need to stop the selfish and evil politicians frm destroying our beloved country.
surveyor1:
yeah,you are very correct. however,it was for this same reason the university of newcastle insisted i do a certificate IV(TPP) programme with their college(NIC) first and then if i was successful,it will be easier to go into year 2 of most courses except medicine(year 1) and you hv an upper hand than other intl students applying with certificates frm other countries. the TPP is like a direct entry program and pre-degree at the same time and it's a year only. GCE O' level is the requirement for the TPP leading to medicine(A1 in three science subjects and C6 in english). but maybe i shd take your former advice and finish my med here in 9ja come what may. i will jst hv to endure the harsh conditions and the possiblity of different strike actions(ASUU,NMA,and resident doctors) dt cld affect us again. the last ASUU strike has added 6 mnths to my previous grad time and they ended it with another agreement(imagine!).if fg breaches this new agreement,another strike action might follow and it might be worse. The good people of Nigeria need to stop the selfish and evil politicians frm destroying our beloved country.
surveyor1:
yeah,you are very correct. however,it was for this same reason the university of newcastle insisted i do a certificate IV(TPP) programme with their college(NIC) first and then if i was successful,it will be easier to go into year 2 of most courses except medicine(year 1) and you hv an upper hand than other intl students applying with certificates frm other countries. the TPP is like a direct entry program and pre-degree at the same time and it's a year only. GCE O' level is the requirement for the TPP leading to medicine(A1 in three science subjects and C6 in english). but maybe i shd take your former advice and finish my med here in 9ja come what may. i will jst hv to endure the harsh conditions and the possiblity of different strike actions(ASUU,NMA,and resident doctors) dt cld affect us again. the last ASUU strike has added 6 mnths to my previous grad time and they ended it with another agreement(imagine!).if fg breaches this new agreement,another strike action might follow and it might be worse. The good people of Nigeria need to stop the few selfish and evil politicians frm destroying our beloved country.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2013
azeezwl: hello ppl, i wanna ask how can i get a cheap university for my brother in Australia. If i am able to pay his first year tuition fee and accommodation, can he work and get half of its tuition and accommodation in his subsequent years while I support him with half of the tuition? Though I would love him to come and meet me here in Canada but am thinking if I can get a cheaper uni for him in Australia as that would save costs.
Yes he can.. He just need to have a hustling spirit and also do a certificate program to help him apply for jobs. I have seen people sponsoring themselves without help from home here. What aunty Jenny said about earning $2000 per forthnight during holiday is actually true.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2013
lawland: Yes he can.. He just need to have a hustling spirit and also do a certificate program to help him apply for jobs. I have seen people sponsoring themselves without help from home here. What aunty Jenny said about earning $2000 per forthnight during holiday is actually true.
lawland. I see I in 3D. How Sydney? U dey enjoy all the ethopian girls grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:08am On Dec 19, 2013
surveyor1:
lawland. I see I in 3D. How Sydney? U dey enjoy all the ethopian girls grin
My man Surveyor.. Thanks for holding this thread down.. If you will arrive here, you will appreciate Aunty jenny more.. Its not really easy to visit this thread cos of time difference and the stress you will pass through here. As for the Ethiopian girls.. I haven't met any yet..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2013
To the medical student

Do you have money to pay your fees? If you don't my advise is finish your studies in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2013
lawland: My man Surveyor.. Thanks for holding this thread down.. If you will arrive here, you will appreciate Aunty jenny more.. Its not really easy to visit this thread cos of time difference and the stress you will pass through here. As for the Ethiopian girls.. I haven't met any yet..

It's a challenge to post everyday, I have a family and a job and sometimes I am too weak to post, all I do is read
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 11:15am On Dec 19, 2013
jennykadry: To the medical student

Do you have money to pay your fees? If you don't my advise is finish your studies in Nigeria
thanks for the advice..I think it's the next best thing since I don't have the finances. will hold on to my australian dream though,hope it clicks someday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by azeezwl: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
surveyor1:
I think the best option is to go to Canada, because their universities tuition fees is lower than Canada. Considering, the oversea Insurance too but as for paying the rest of the tuition. I will let aunty Jenny, watermelon and lawland to answer that.

thanks surveyor. If I get you quite alright, you mean Canadian Unis are cheaper than Austrilia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by azeezwl: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
lawland: Yes he can.. He just need to have a hustling spirit and also do a certificate program to help him apply for jobs. I have seen people sponsoring themselves without help from home here. What aunty Jenny said about earning $2000 per forthnight during holiday is actually true.

thanks lawland. so he will be fine right? btw, which unis are cheap in Australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
I finally booked today. Who is joining me to Perth by January?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
azeezwl:

thanks lawland. so he will be fine right? btw, which unis are cheap in Australia
There is no cheap Uni in Australia...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
azeezwl:
thanks surveyor. If I get you quite alright, you mean Canadian Unis are cheaper than Austrilia?
yes cheaper
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
Chubi4show: I finally booked today. Who is joining me to Perth by January?
Whats booking fare and which airline?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
surveyor1:
Whats booking fare and which airline?
Emirate- N296,712.19

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.