Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,742 members, 7,979,516 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:45 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (781152 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Lanagiwa: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
hi... Please is this thread still on? I want to inquire about australian visa.. I applied for streamlined student visa 28 of november... And d embassy contacted my sponsor.. But i haven't heard from dem... Shuld i be worried? Lol... 28 of november... Thank you surveyor1
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Lanagiwa: hi... Please is this thread still on? I want to inquire about australian visa.. I applied for streamlined student visa 28 of november... And d embassy contacted my sponsor.. But i haven't heard from dem... Shuld i be worried? Lol... 28 of november... Thank you surveyor1
You don't need to worry. Just wait till January before you contact the embassy. Remember xmas break might cause the delay
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Lanagiwa: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
surveyor1:
You don't need to worry. Just wait till January before you contact the embassy. Remember xmas break might cause the delay
thank you for your reply.... I will keep my fingers crossed.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by LilBRightTMc(m): 1:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Got my IELT 6.0 overall thanks to kmotee and wahabcoal for their help and no thanks to IELT for their short time of examination and no extra time angry smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
my husband intends to apply 4 a tafe course.pls i want to know if my kids and i will pay for visa
seperately?i
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
gydlol: my husband intends to apply 4 a tafe course.pls i want to know if my kids and i will pay for visa
seperately?i
Yes, you will pay for fees but it is lower than your husband, who is the main applicant. It is only dependant of research students that r exempted from paying fee when they apply with the main applicant. Also, remember you need to enrol your kids in a school before you apply for visa once they are aged 5 above. All the best

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas to all my homies and family here.. We have started celebrating here in Aussie..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hello everyone..merry christmas and happy new yr....pls i hv a question...,am supposed to get married by feb this next year and i intend to go for my masters in july and we have intentions of leaving together as my course is a 2 years masters programme....pls we will be able to apply since it will only be a few months ago since we got marrie.d and my spouse will be joing my based on the dependent family .pls i need your answers@aunty jenny....thanks more again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by LilBRightTMc(m): 12:37am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas People
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:46am On Dec 25, 2013
juliana13139: Hello everyone..merry christmas and happy new yr....pls i hv a question...,am supposed to get married by feb this next year and i intend to go for my masters in july and we have intentions of leaving together as my course is a 2 years masters programme....pls we will be able to apply since it will only be a few months ago since we got marrie.d and my spouse will be joing my based on the dependent family .pls i need your answers@aunty jenny....thanks more again
There shouldn't be any problem regarding your application. It is only canada you need to proove 1 yr marital relationship before you can include your spouse. I will advice you to do the court marriage before February if possible, rather than waiting for the white wedding in febuary. Just give it a shot dear. Aunty Jenny can add to my suggestion.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 1:10am On Dec 25, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
Got my IELT 6.0 overall thanks to kmotee and wahabcoal for their help and no thanks to IELT for their short time of examination and no extra time angry smiley
You're welcome bro, we all got same info from within, here.

Merry Christmas to all of Us! May the light that Christ gave us at Christmas shine on us and family for ever. Amen!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas everyone

@redreact
We are well thank you. How are you settling in?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas to you my e-family and friends. May God bless us all IJN Amen.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:58am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry christmas everyone
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
merry christmass!our hearts desires are granted,amen
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Silent2013: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
Please is there any Nigerian currently in Ballarat, Australia? Is anyone traveling there for studies in January, 2014? I will be traveling there in January for studies. Hope to hear from you guys.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Christmas in the air... Merry christmas everyone... Merry christmas surveyor, jenny k, red react, chubby 4 show, merry christmas eemmmmm.... Mmmm... I no know everybody name ooo... But u guys are doing a nice job here... Wat u guys do here for free agents are extorting money from individuals... I just want to say thanks A lot!!! God bless you and your family... U shall never lack... U shall grow from strength to strength, Glory to Glory... The Lord Guide u in all your future endeavours, anywhere u step u feet u shall make positive impact... Any eye(s) monitoring u for evil shall be blinded... The lord shall raise an hegde of protection over you. The New year shall bring forth great harvest for you, you shall not morn, u shall not weep, u shall not sorrow... Celebration will be ur portion throughout the New Year... In Jesus Name I pray!!! Amen.... PS: this prayer is not only meant for those whose names I mentioned. Its meant for everyone in this page and nairaland asl a whole. I pray for Nigeria as a Country, there shall be peace in Nigeria, any power instigating conflict and war shall die before the end of the year. Nigeria shall grow from Strength to strength... Nigeria shall be a Nation the world would want to be associated with in the Mighty name of Jesus!!! Amen!!! Merry christmas everyone....

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
iriferi: Christmas in the air... Merry christmas everyone... Merry christmas surveyor, jenny k, red react, chubby 4 show, merry christmas eemmmmm.... Mmmm... I no know everybody name ooo... But u guys are doing a nice job here... Wat u guys do here for free agents are extorting money from individuals... I just want to say thanks A lot!!! God bless you and your family... U shall never lack... U shall grow from strength to strength, Glory to Glory... The Lord Guide u in all your future endeavours, anywhere u step u feet u shall make positive impact... Any eye(s) monitoring u for evil shall be blinded... The lord shall raise an hegde of protection over you. The New year shall bring forth great harvest for you, you shall not morn, u shall not weep, u shall not sorrow... Celebration will be ur portion throughout the New Year... In Jesus Name I pray!!! Amen.... PS: this prayer is not only meant for those whose names I mentioned. Its meant for everyone in this page and nairaland asl a whole. I pray for Nigeria as a Country, there shall be peace in Nigeria, any power instigating conflict and war shall die before the end of the year. Nigeria shall grow from Strength to strength... Nigeria shall be a Nation the world would want to be associated with in the Mighty name of Jesus!!! Amen!!! Merry christmas everyone....
You do well, merry xmas y'all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry xmas to everyone...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 26, 2013
iriferi: Christmas in the air... Merry christmas everyone... Merry christmas surveyor, jenny k, red react, chubby 4 show, merry christmas eemmmmm.... Mmmm... I no know everybody name ooo... But u guys are doing a nice job here... Wat u guys do here for free agents are extorting money from individuals... I just want to say thanks A lot!!! God bless you and your family... U shall never lack... U shall grow from strength to strength, Glory to Glory... The Lord Guide u in all your future endeavours, anywhere u step u feet u shall make positive impact... Any eye(s) monitoring u for evil shall be blinded... The lord shall raise an hegde of protection over you. The New year shall bring forth great harvest for you, you shall not morn, u shall not weep, u shall not sorrow... Celebration will be ur portion throughout the New Year... In Jesus Name I pray!!! Amen.... PS: this prayer is not only meant for those whose names I mentioned. Its meant for everyone in this page and nairaland asl a whole. I pray for Nigeria as a Country, there shall be peace in Nigeria, any power instigating conflict and war shall die before the end of the year. Nigeria shall grow from Strength to strength... Nigeria shall be a Nation the world would want to be associated with in the Mighty name of Jesus!!! Amen!!! Merry christmas everyone....

Amen and back at you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 11:37am On Dec 26, 2013
Amen and Amen. I wish u merry christmas and a successful 2014.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
UBKtech:

Don't know exactly what you mean by 'not recognized', there are plenty of Nigerian doctors working here in Australia. The thing is that once you are foreign trained, you have to undergo the AMC assessment process before you can practice in Australia. The assessment is in two stages, you have to pass stage one, after that you have to look for work and work in Australia for specified period of time before you can attempt stage two. This is why it is difficult for a lot of doctors to get PR, because once you come in on a working visa a lot of employers would not want to sponsor you for PR. Because this will give the employee the impetus to stand up to them or even leave.

But in any case, you still need to take and pass the second part of AMC examination whether employer sponsored or OYO. You need to pass this exam and have good references from your employer(s) in order to be given full registration by the AMC.

However, I think the Op is too futuristic. S/he would be better off concluding his program in Nigeria. Studying medicine here is very expensive unless you can afford it.
well,thanks for the info..however,I've checked the AMC website several times and the whole registration process. It looks very cumbersome and I know it will only take the grace of God and extreme hardwork for a recent nigerian medical graduate to be successful. this because the educational standards in Nigeria is quite low compared to that in developed countries. i checked the medical curriculum of most Australian universities,they were very concise and strongly centered on problem-based/self-directed learning.(no nig. university except UI uses this) well, my school has currently reviewed our curriculum and has started using that too but inconsistency,ASUU strike nd other strike actions,unavailabilty of funds e.t.c are hindering the success of the new curriculum.
about,being too futuristic, I think u got it wrong..i'm simply weighing my options and considering things.
afterall,everyone wants a better life/opportunities for themselves,family,and children;you wouldnt be in Aussie if you didn't..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
careerwoman:
well,thanks for the info..however,I've checked the AMC website several times and the whole registration process. It looks very cumbersome and I know it will only take the grace of God and extreme hardwork for a recent nigerian medical graduate to be successful. this because the educational standards in Nigeria is quite low compared to that in developed countries. i checked the medical curriculum of most Australian universities,they were very concise and strongly centered on problem-based/self-directed learning.(no nig. university except UI uses this) well, my school has currently reviewed our curriculum and has started using that too but inconsistency,ASUU strike nd other strike actions,unavailabilty of funds e.t.c are hindering the success of the new curriculum.
about,being too futuristic, I think u got it wrong..i'm simply weighing my options and considering things.
afterall,everyone wants a better life/opportunities for themselves,family,and children;you wouldnt be in Aussie if you didn't..
I think you misunderstood UBteck. What he was trying to say is, its an hard nut to crack securing funding for medicine, as aunty Jenny advised too. You don't need to strech yourself at this time, rather you should concentrate on your programme in Nigeria. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Silent2013: 12:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Please is there any Nigerian currently in Ballarat, Melbourne, or anywhere in Victoria Australia? Is anyone traveling to Ballarat for studies in January, 2014? I will be traveling there in January for studies. Guys there should pls reply. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2013
Silent2013: Please is there any Nigerian currently in Ballarat, Melbourne, or anywhere in Victoria Australia? Is anyone traveling to Ballarat for studies in January, 2014? I will be traveling there in January for studies. Guys there should pls reply. Thanks.

I live in Mildura, Vic about 6hrs to melbourne or 7hrs to Ballarat. Are u still looking for someone anywhere in Victoria??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2013
surveyor1:
I think you misunderstood UBteck. What he was trying to say is, its an hard nut to crack securing funding for medicine, as aunty Jenny advised too. You don't need to strech yourself at this time, rather you should concentrate on your programme in Nigeria. All the best.

i did not misunderstand him at all..i simply wasnt comfortable with him saying that i was too futuristic,it was totally uncalled for.. i wouldnt have done a research on studying medicine there if ASUU didnt strike for 6 months.. i had already planned on coming for a PG and probably internship/residency training by God's grace..i really dont think it my research was too early,infact i thank God i did it now cos it has made me to realise that i didnt want to pass with just good but distinctive grades(i have 3 yrs to work for it)..i had all the time to do the research and i learnt a lot from it.aussie wasn't the only country i researched(checked usa,canada,sweden,norway and the carribean) but it was my best so far..there were a lot of factors and aussie suited me except the tight immigration rules and expensive med registration fees..information is vital and can change someone's life in a second,so i read practically everything that would postively affect my life ;knowledge is power..finally,i would love to say a big thank you to all who advised me..i would simply take the back seat and let God take the wheels,he knows what is best for me and what would make me a world-class physician i desire to be..so whether tony abott like am or not,if God say na Aussie,i will be there..infact, na him go beg me to become citizen sef..my God works in mysterious ways,he's done before and He wil do it again.@auntyjenny;i read about 300 posts of yours(was curious to know you sha);i like ur personality and we kind of have some things in common(being strong willed and stubborn),u re meaner than me tho wink..my regards!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
You read 300 of my posts? please don't tell me you read my "yekini" stories? embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by careerwoman(f): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
jennykadry: You read 300 of my posts? please don't tell me you read my "yekini" stories? embarassed grin
hehehehehehehe...well, I did.. couldn't stop laughing ooo..your posts on the family section(kpekus and yekinis) kept me engaged all thru the night,i dey tell you..then the NINs and NIDs saga;u showed people pepper there too..cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2013
@Jenny, I am still trying in settling, not quite easier than I thought anyway.
Besides, what are yekini and kpekus? Are they streets in Aussie? I will like to know.
Quite long when Ferdimako came online. I hope all is well with him?
@Ferdimako, keep the fire up wherever you are and keep the hope alive too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by monsoon: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
hello house,

i am considering relocating to australia with my family(pr). i have two children under the age of 3. please i will like to know what life in australia is like as a working mom with kids. is the norm creches, dayhome or day care centres . also what are their preschools like?is it daily attendence.

most importantly, im quite bothered about the issue of snakes,scorpions and spiders..what part of oz will u recommend. im considering perth or melbourne.
lastly for the it guys in the house, please how long did it take acs to assess your skills.

thank u.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
thanks..pls i am looking at gold coast or sunshine coast...so am considering either bond university or university of the sunshine coast..pls can you advice on the one you feel is better..thanks
RedReact: If PR is the goal, don't look for Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth and other big cities because it wont be easy to get the PR from there, except you are being sponsored by a company. To get sponsorship from companies in those cities is not a small thing too because there are many citizens living there; why should they want to waste their money (to be used to make profit) to now sponsor you? Instead, go to the towns with less population. Use google to search for Australian cities and the institutions in them. If the city has a low population, apply to the schools there and make sure your course of study is 2years (we have talked abput this before on this thread). When you are through with your study, you can easily get your PR and then transfer yourself to any big city you want.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Silent2013: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
juliana13139: thanks..pls i am looking at gold coast or sunshine coast...so am considering either bond university or university of the sunshine coast..pls can you advice on the one you feel is better..thanks

Check the accreditation status of your program(s) of interest in the Universities you mentioned. If accredited in both universities, then you may have to consider their respective fees. Note that Gold Coast is not considered a low population area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.