Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,847 members, 7,882,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (766579 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
RedReact:
Amen brother. Just try and look around for the schools and check for programs that will be of 2 years.
Earlier on, Jenny told us that she knew of an IT guy that did MSc in IT and he studied for a year. She said the guy looked for sponsorship but couldn't, so he had to come back home or something like that. I know how those Asians can behave. They also domain in USA and Canada too like that.

I will be heading to Uni. of Canberra and i will be studying for three yrs i hope i'm legit.. I WANT TO REMAIN OOOOO smiley cheesy wink cool
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
akomsy:

I will be heading to Uni. of Canberra and i will be studying for three yrs i hope i'm legit.. I WANT TO REMAIN OOOOO smiley cheesy wink cool
You are heading to an IT-major school. Besides, you are staying for a long time, so you should be able to get the PR. Is it undergrad or postgrad?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
RedReact:
You are heading to an IT-major school. Besides, you are staying for a long time, so you should be able to get the PR. Is it undergrad or postgrad?

Under
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hi.
u r all well I trust. I am about to go study a master of science (geology) program at the university of Wollongong in July,that's about a month away. That's the good news, the bad news is I've never been to Australia or studied abroad. Any one in Wollongong or New south Wales who I can talk to around? It all seems so overwhelming.
Salt.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
jennykadry: Two years of study

Hia jenny and all, I have been given offers by Flinders U and Edith Cowan U but am still awaiting that of Univ of Ballarat. Because of the lesser money involved, UB is the biggest one for me.

I have done my IELTS Academic, the speaking was cool; I was talkative for 15mins, the listening got me lost on a story of 5 questions, If I can get 30 correctly am ok, the reading was so superb...I expect a huge score there and the writing was awesome. I will see what comes in by June 23.

I have done my medicals:xray is involved, the bleeding room, urine, height,weight and other questions from the Physician. My BP is high, I guess it's the same for everyone in Nigeria.Haha, am not thinking too much oh.Anyway, I will take a medication, eat lots of fruits,work out more and recheck the BP to get the result back to the Physician within a week.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
What did your BP read?

You will be fine smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
congrats on your offer from those uni, i also pray along with you that your IELTS will turn out very good. i wish you all the best and most importantly, may the consular catapult you to Australia without any hassle. we also will be looking forward to following you someday. be well mate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
@Ferdimako, congratulations bro!!!
You give woman belle or why your Bp high like that?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
jennykadry: What did your BP read?

You will be fine smiley

160/90 and I heard the normal one is 120/80.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
RedReact: @Ferdimako, congratulations bro!!!
You give woman belle or why your Bp high like that?

No not all.Read the attached files.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
mcdon60: congrats on your offer from those uni, i also pray along with you that your IELTS will turn out very good. i wish you all the best and most importantly, may the consular catapult you to Australia without any hassle. we also will be looking forward to following you someday. be well mate.

Thanks...you'll. I expect these:

listening 6.5 or 7
reading 7 or 8
writing 8 or 8.5
speaking 6.5 or 7
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
@fermadiko,congrats.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
cconcept: @fermadiko,congrats.

Thanks,man.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
Quite high Ferdimako

Stay off alcohol for a while if you drink.

Watch your salt intake

Eat dark chocolates

Increase potassium intake

....and off course exercise . The next time you go back check, make sure you are sitting on a chair with your feet touching the floor and not dangling.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
jennykadry: Quite high Ferdimako

Stay off alcohol for a while if you drink.

Watch your salt intake

Eat dark chocolates

Increase potassium intake

....and off course exercise . The next time you go back check, make sure you are sitting on a chair with your feet touching the floor and not dangling.

Okay,thanks dear.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 10, 2013
hi jenny, i have contacted the consular and they replied me that i my wife has to have between 23k to 28k in her account for eligibility and also if she is not financially eligible, she can present an AOS {Assurance of Support} either from an OZ PR or citizen. the situation now is we don't have any. what do you advice mate?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 6:10am On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

Hia jenny and all, I have been given offers by Flinders U and Edith Cowan U but am still awaiting that of Univ of Ballarat. Because of the lesser money involved, UB is the biggest one for me.

I have done my IELTS Academic, the speaking was cool; I was talkative for 15mins, the listening got me lost on a story of 5 questions, If I can get 30 correctly am ok, the reading was so superb...I expect a huge score there and the writing was awesome. I will see what comes in by June 23.

I have done my medicals:xray is involved, the bleeding room, urine, height,weight and other questions from the Physician. My BP is high, I guess it's the same for everyone in Nigeria.Haha, am not thinking too much oh.Anyway, I will take a medication, eat lots of fruits,work out more and recheck the BP to get the result back to the Physician within a week.

How did you get to do medical before lodging? Cos they now issue Hap ID before undergoing medicals...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 10, 2013
nasilas:

How did you get to do medical before lodging? Cos they now issue Hap ID before undergoing medicals...

Oh yeah, you can. You'll just check where you are asked 'have you lodged for a visa and where do you intend to'? I guess you use the Hap ID, when you check the second option. What Hap ID?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 6:24am On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

Oh yeah, you can. You'll just check where you are asked 'have you lodged for a visa and where do you intend to'? I guess you use the Hap ID, when you check the second option. What Hap ID?
According the clinic in Lagos, they said Embassy instructed them not to go ahead with medicals without the Hap ID from DIAC... The Hap ID is used in accessing visa applicants information on the new e-medical platform...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 10, 2013
nasilas:
According the clinic in Lagos, they said Embassy instructed them not to go ahead with medicals without the Hap ID from DIAC... The Hap ID is used in accessing visa applicants information on the new e-medical platform...

Zankli Clinic Abuja did not tell me that. The form I filled out did not say I must have lodged for a visa. May be it is all new and have not got communicated to Zankli Clinic.Now, they should deal with it at their ends.I just want to come to Lagos for my visa lodgement only.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

Zankli Clinic Abuja did not tell me that. The form I filled out did not say I must have lodged for a visa. May be it is all new and have not got communicated to Zankli Clinic.Now, they should deal with it at their ends.I just want to come to Lagos for my visa lodgement only.
Alright then..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2013
mcdon60: hi jenny, i have contacted the consular and they replied me that i my wife has to have between 23k to 28k in her account for eligibility and also if she is not financially eligible, she can present an AOS {Assurance of Support} either from an OZ PR or citizen. the situation now is we don't have any. what do you advice mate?
i also read something about AOS on this link http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/whats_new.htm, ao do you best understand it and what is your take on that?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

PLEASE how much did it cost u for meducals at abj
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2013
akomsy:

PLEASE how much did it cost u for meducals at abj

N46K but wait to hear more on the Hap Id thingy.I.e Don't do until DIAC says so or you ask Zankli of that ID before anything else.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by abekeade1: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hello house, I will sincerly appreciate ur advice on this. I had an offer leter for Aged care and home and community care in a Geti ( govt international and vocational training, Tasmanian polytechnics in Aussie. My resumption is July and m about paying for my program and other fees which total to $5541. The program is only for 6months. I had I will have to come home to re-apply if I wish to continue or proceed to nursing which start in january 2014. Please Jenny and the house, is it possble for me to extend my visa in the local embassy in Aussie after the completion of my 6 months program or I ve to come home and re-applt? Secondly paying $1000 And 40k for the visa fees is not the problem but I don't want to waste dat huge money for just dat short period and start running back home. U get what I mean? *smile* thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
^^^^ Aged care is a waste of time darling. Go straight into nursing. My advise is , wait to apply for nursing and use that money intended for aged care to pay your fees.

As a nursing student, you can work in any aged care home with or without your aged care certificate........so you see, it's a waste of time.

Cancel that admission
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
.......but incase you still wanna study aged care, you don't have to come back home as long as you get your admission and pay your nursing fees on time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Fikzzy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
yeah i concur with @nasilas. i believe the lodge visa application before medicals is a new policy. they were indifferent about it before.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
@Abeke, follow Jenny's advice.
Besides, Aussie's school fees no be small money; go for that nursing program.

@AmericanVisa, what's up bro?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Fikzzy: yeah i concur with @nasilas. i believe the lodge visa application before medicals is a new policy. they were indifferent about it before.

Yeah, my talk is asking before doing especially when it is Zankli because it appears Lagos Clinics are in the know.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
^^^^ Aged care is a waste of time. I work in the health field and sometimes I over-hear nursing students telling nurses when they are on their work placements how they wasted money and 6 months of their life they will never get back.

Go straight into nursing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
RedReact,i just dey oo,waiting for good news from our bros n sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.