Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,038 members, 7,970,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:41 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (779509 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
ferdimako:

If that should expire,will they demand an English test from folk from USA and Canada for PR? I just registered for my TOEFL now for UB and Embassy,am good to go.Again if they want IELTS GT for PR, we will give them.Till then!

Even English nurses who come here state sponsored or sponsored for a temporary skilled visa still write the English test. When I say English I mean the Oyibo born and bred.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
@cconcept

Get a job in the mines as a student on school holidays. Go work for them, you will benefit from it at the end of your course. wink miners are no doubt easily sponsored like crazy. You can apply yourself but if a mining company is willing to, why not??

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Really?
I am not sure of British citizens o, but those Americans no dey speak English of the commonwealth nations, hence their need for the test. But why the British people?
jennykadry:

Even English nurses who come here state sponsored or sponsored for a temporary skilled visa still write the English test. When I say English I mean the Oyibo born and bred.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
kellyemms: hmmm! Lot of protocols! Toefl last for just 2yrs! I wrote my toefl ibt Jan 2013, which mean to apply for PR after graduate visa I need to write anoda english text!

Yes you will need to but trust me, IELTS general is as easy as
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
Really?
I am not sure of British citizens o, but those Americans no dey speak English of the commonwealth nations, hence their need for the test. But why the British people?

Surprised? so I was. Yea it is immigration rule I guess. I am telling you that these people write IELTS general when they come here sponsored. To get registered by the nurses board they don't need it, but to meet OZ's immigration requirement, they had to
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: @cconcept

Get a job in the mines as a student on school holidays. Go work for them, you will benefit from it at the end of your course. wink miners are no doubt easily sponsored like crazy. You can apply yourself but if a mining company is willing to, why not??

Thanks.i am actually thinking of applying for my wife but am just worried about how she will cope with the kid and schooling.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
wow,the house is very hot this moment,that is interesting,many people have said a lot here about 2 years course when i have intention of going for a year MSC course,is this not a good step for me,jenny after a year masters can i entol in another one year masters to complete it 2 years or i should forget the masters and go ahead with the tafe 2 years course,note am not confused oo just learning
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Surprised? Yea it is immigration rule I guess. I am telling you that these people write IELTS general when they come here sponsored. To get registered by the nurses board they don't need it, but to meet OZ's immigration requirement, they had to
But in case someone has studied in Oz like Kelly now, will he write the exam again for immigration purpose?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact:
But in case someone has studied in Oz like Kelly now, will he write the exam again for immigration purpose?

Yes, he/she must. It's not about where you've studied, it's standard immigration rule.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Americanvisa: wow,the house is very hot this moment,that is interesting,many people have said a lot here about 2 years course when i have intention of going for a year MSC course,is this not a good step for me,jenny after a year masters can i entol in another one year masters to complete it 2 years or i should forget the masters and go ahead with the tafe 2 years course,note am not confused oo just learning

As long as you ARE ABLE to study for 2 years in a professional field, that's all they need and require of you to get a PR
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
cconcept:

Thanks.i am actually thinking of applying for my wife but am just worried about how she will cope with the kid and schooling.

Jenny, what do you say?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holuphisayor(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Yes, he/she must. It's not about where you've studied, it's standard immigration rule.
Which of the tests is advisable for someone going for a tafe course with PR view? Is it IELTS general or academic or both
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
That route go tear pocket o. Aint it?
jennykadry:

As long as you ARE ABLE to study for 2 years in a professional field, that's all they need and require of you to get a PR
@horluphisayor, it is Academic.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
@akomsy

I hope you see this, here is a link to accomodations in Canberra. Note, canberra is Australia Capital Territory. I guess you missed searching in that area thats why it was difficult for you to find accomodations. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-flatshare-houseshare/canberra/c18294l3002977?price=__150.00
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
cconcept:

Jenny, what do you say?

are you going with her? cos if you are not you will stress her out, it is too much.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
That is why people have to choose based on what they have in their pockets. Only them can decide that

RedReact:
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holuphisayor(m): 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact:
@horluphisayor, it is Academic.
U mean studying for 2years?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
holuphisayor:
Which of the tests is advisable for someone going for a tafe course with PR view? Is it IELTS general or academic or both

everyone going as a student must write ACADEMIC
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holuphisayor(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

everyone going as a student must write ACADEMIC
Ok,
I've been following this thread for sometime now and each time i check its confusing some would say its toefl,some ielts general and some academics. Thats what prompted my question.
Thanks for the reply. I'm back to my sidelines.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:
That is why people have to choose based on what they have in their pockets. Only them can decide that

What can @cconcept do? Has been searching for supervisors for his PhD but not they are not replying.
@phisayor, the "pocket tearing" phrase wasn't meant for you. It's the exams that concerned you, so no worry or panic.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
ferdimako:
Credit abi debit card?
yeah, debit Master card

just follow the link on your offer letter, they'd direct you to Commonwealth bank of Australia, where you put in your details and pay. . .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
I'd need cheap accommodation somewhere in Fremantle sad
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
snowburn: I'd need cheap accommodation somewhere in Fremantle sad

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-flatshare-houseshare/fremantle/c18294l3008380

@ALL

Anyone that needs accomodation should please search for it on gumtree themselves. That site is pretty easy to navigate
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact:
What can @cconcept do? Has been searching for supervisors for his PhD but not they are not replying.

Has he got other options? can't help him there. Don't work in schools wink[
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

are you going with her? cos if you are not you will stress her out, it is too much.
That's my worry.
But following her -I don't have a job,I am not schooling,I have not been able to get a positive feedback from supervisors for a phd place, what can I really do now?
smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
cconcept:
That's my worry.
But following her -I don't have a job,I am not schooling,I have not been able to get a positive feedback from supervisors for a phd place, what can I really do now?

Have you thought about going down the ladder a little bit and doing a masters instead?

If you are going with her, then you can work while she studies....You both can work really, shift work.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Has he got other options? can't help him there. Don't work in schools wink[

smiley smiley smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
@jeeny and redreact,if a year msc course is 24k and for two years is 48k ,and you finish a year msc for 24k and enroll in another one yaer msc of 24 that is 48k total,is it not the same,how can it tear someones pocket between the two?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Americanvisa: @jeeny and redreact,if a year msc course is 24k and for two years is 48k annually,and you finish a year msc for 24k and enroll in another one yaer msc of 24 that is 48k total,is it not the same,how can it tear someones pocket between the two?

I didn't say anything about tear pocket.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Have you thought about going down the ladder a little bit and doing a masters instead?

If you are going with her, then you can work while she studies....You both can work really, shift work.

Good ideas.
I thought working hours is limited for principal applicant and dependants who have visa via tafe progs
Thanks Jenny
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Americanvisa, I was the one that raised that. Actually, from your point raised, it won't be demanding at all. I only wrote with the mindset of you changing from institution to another. Or sometimes, a faculty/college to another; e.g is when you move from a science-based faculty to a technology-based faculty. Though the disparity in cost might not be that high.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: First off @ Iamacapella I disagree with you in the area of jobs.What kind of work are you looking for? posh jobs?? is it the same Australia that people come and get a job in under one week? Tell me what kind of work you are looking for and I will tell you if you stand a chance. There is quite a huge Nigerian community here and we all keep in touch so I know relatives that come and snap jobs ASAP. You cannot be in Australia for 5 months and tell me you've got no job. You know what you have a good sponsor, maybe if you didn't have someone there helping you out financially, you would have stopped using school tight schedule as an excuse and got yourself something to do. Even nursing students who study full time from morning till late day still work how much more? Someone recently included her sister in her temporary visa application and this girl came in March and already working 2 jobs.

I mentioned it here that a relative of mine who studied nursing and just finished school not too long ago. Not even 860 hours of placements at the hospital stopped this girl from working during the week and weekend. We were her sponsor and she did not have to work, but guess work, those days she would go from the hospital placements to work in her school of nursing uniform paid off. Cos the same employer (took an interest in her) sponsored her for her permanent residence and she recently just became a citizen. She did not even ask for sponsorship cos she was eligible to apply for her own PR but she chose to go with them cos it was a lot easier for her and less stressful.

No one said it's easy in Australia or any other foreign country but are they jobs in Australia, Hell yeahhhhhhh. The one question is, are people willing to get their hands dirty.

i dont have a problem working menial jobs, i mean if that only is what is available for migrants(students), provided i make the dough and it does not eat up all my study time(i mean after paying thousands of dollars of tuition, anything below magna cum laude and thereabouts, will be considered a snag where i come from). . .but then it'd be better for my career prospects and i'd happy as well if i can get a Occupational Health and Safety (HSE)job cos i have an International Certification for that (NEBOSH) Int Gen Cert...

Jenny please how feasible or possible is that? fortunately, Perth is an oil city i think? Do they recognise only Aussie qualifications? NEBOSH is a UK qualification

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.