Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,038 members, 7,922,519 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 09:00 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (773042 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kizzo147: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
@sakabien sent
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2013
@jenny,how is teaching job there,can one get job easily after masters and get sponsored by the school.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Plz house, help me on this oh! I heard dat if u did not do Ielts Diac will not issue u student visa. It toefl dat I did and I scored 103. Will dey not giv me visa with Toefl? Cauz someone told me its only people with Ielts dey giv student visa. Also, will I be able to apply for PR after 2yrs tafe advance diploma in Computer system engineering(Networking). The person told me I will not b able to apply bcauz computer engineering is not on the occupational list! Plz how true is dis!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:16am On Jun 25, 2013
i think your friend is wrong,please browse this site:http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-3/eligibility-student.htm...........for test of english,you can use your teofl score if it is internet base,for your prospective course see;http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf,goodluck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
For those asking questions re sponsorship. I have said it a million times that the best route is 2 years of study as that gives you a good chance of getting your PR if sponsorship fails. Do not rely on sponsorship as it may fail you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
cconcept: Jenny,
What do you think of diploma in surveying at bunbry

If i remember correctly, it is a 2 year course isn't it?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
kellyemms: @snow burn how did u pay ur fee to Tafe Wa? I also wana pay to Tafe
i used Zenith bank credit card
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
snowburn:
i used Zenith bank credit card
Credit abi debit card?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Can I apply for permanent residence with Toefl Ibt (Internet based test) result bcauz some people are saying that it is only Ielts that is required
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: For those asking questions re sponsorship. I have said it a million times that the best route is 2 years of study as that gives you a good chance of getting your PR if sponsorship fails. Do not rely on sponsorship as it may fail you.
First of all, I want to appreciate you for the help rendered in th case of acommodation website you gave. Thanks a lot wink
It's been said here and we have been mentioning it times without number. Anyone whose duration of study is not up to 2yrs should kindly go for an advanced diploma in any college, and its duration must be up to 2yrs so as to qualify for PR. After you get that PR, you can apply for your MSc program, either part-time or full-time and can also pay the low few their citizens pay.
@Kellyemms, it doesn't matter. The reason why IELTS is more preferable to TOEFL is because former is British and Commonwealth thing, unlike the latter which is American. Nevertheless, you can get any of the 2, no problem.
@surecan, is your Msc from the faculty of Education? If not, I don't think so. You have to get a certificate from the faculty of education.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
No worries @RedReact

Does anyone know what school akomsy will be attending in Canberra?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
It should be Canberra University, since it is IT based.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
A lot of people are trying to reach me offline, please if it has to do with this thread I advise you ask your questions here for all to see and help you with. I don't do private messaging or email
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact: It should be Canberra University, since it is IT based.

Right, searching out accomodations
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

If i remember correctly, it is a 2 year course isn't it?

Yes it is .
And what do you say studying it at bunbury with pr on view?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
cconcept:

Yes it is .

Yea, thought as much. I know someone who did it and works in the mines now. It's a good course
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: A lot of people are trying to reach me offline, please if it has to do with this thread I advise you ask your questions here for all to see and help you with. I don't do private messaging or email
@Jenny after study dere in aussie, can I apply for PR with the Toefl bcauz somepeople r saying it is Ielts dat is needed to apply for PR
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nasilas(m): 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: No worries @RedReact

Does anyone know what school akomsy will be attending in Canberra?

Its University of Canberra..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
kellyemms: @Jenny after study dere in aussie, can I apply for PR with the Toefl bcauz somepeople r saying it is Ielts dat is needed to apply for PR

Hmm tough one. I know people here write the general test not academic for PR. You have to get a graduate visa first after studies (b4 PR) and they require "suitable English test", non specified. To be quite honest, you might be able o apply with your TOEFL if its still valid.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
nasilas:

Its University of Canberra..

Danke
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Yea, thought as much. I know someone who did it and works in the mines now. It's a good course

And what's your view studying it at bunbry with pr on focus?
It's 13k/yr
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
cconcept:

And what's your view studying it at bunbry with pr on focus?
It's 13k/yr

It's a good curse with lots of opportunities. Like I said,someone I know studied it in bunbury.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact,i mean if one have and education degree here in Nigeria and applied and graduated in master of education in Australia,can he get teaching job easily and how possible to be sponsored by the school for PR.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Hmm tough one. I know people here write the general test not academic for PR. You have to get a graduate visa first after studies (b4 PR) and they require "suitable English test", non specified. To be quite honest, you might be able o apply with your TOEFL if its still valid.
hmmm! Lot of protocols! Toefl last for just 2yrs! I wrote my toefl ibt Jan 2013, which mean to apply for PR after graduate visa I need to write anoda english text!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
surecan: RedReact,i mean if one have and education degree here in Nigeria and applied and graduated in master of education in Australia,can he get teaching job easily and how possible to be sponsored by the school for PR.
Sure, you should; but as for the sponsorship thing, I am not sure, except teachers are in high demand like nurses or mining engineers. What's duration of the program?
@kelly, for the PR, they use your test of English result to score you alongside other things. I quite agree that they favour IELTS more than TOEFL, but I doubt they won't accept it. When you get there and after your studies, you won't write English exam again, abi shey na French dem go use teach for 2yrs? You use the one that got you admission and visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
RedReact:
Sure, you should; but as for the sponsorship thing, I am not sure, except teachers are in high demand like nurses or mining engineers. What's duration of the program?
@kelly, for the PR, they use your test of English result to score you alongside other things. I quite agree that they favour IELTS more than TOEFL, but I doubt they won't accept it. When you get there and after your studies, you won't write English exam again, abi shey na French dem go use teach for 2yrs? You use the one that got you admission and visa.

If that should expire,will they demand an English test from folk from USA and Canada for PR? I just registered for my TOEFL now for UB and Embassy,am good to go.Again if they want IELTS GT for PR, we will give them.Till then!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
@redreact,A year MED program,please Jenny say some thing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ok give me a little time, will be back online
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
@jenny,is it possible to get a teaching job with Master of education and get employed in Australia and how easy to be sponsored.

redreact,i appreciate your comment,i only want those that are already there to answer because they will be in a better position to do so.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: Ok give me a little time, will be back online

ok ma
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
surecan: @jenny,is it possible to get a teaching job with Master of education and get employed in Australia and how easy to be sponsored.

redreact,i appreciate your comment,i only want those that are already there to answer because they will be in a better position to do so.

You will get a job as a teacher but sponsorship I am not sure of. I said it earlier that the fact that your occupation is on the skilled list does not guarantee you sponsorship. I say it again, a 2 year course is easier cos even If you don't get sponsored, you can sponsor yourself.

Are there jobs for teachers? Yes

I have not heard of an immigrant being sponsored here for a teaching job, not saying it hasn't happened ever, but not within te community of Nigerians I know
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
surecan: @jenny,is it possible to get a teaching job with Master of education and get employed in Australia and how easy to be sponsored.

I am also waiting for her view too, as she can give more detailed opinion about it, cos mine is limited.m

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.