Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,165 members, 7,970,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:06 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (779539 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
@kellyemms, but i would advice you to go for PGD as not too many uni accepts advance diploma directly to study for masters program in Australia. you can find a 1 year PGD and then proceed directly to a masters degree afterwards.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
mcdon60: @kellyemms, but i would advice you to go for PGD as not too many uni accepts advance diploma directly to study for masters program in Australia. you can find a 1 year PGD and then proceed directly to a masters degree afterwards.

He has a first degree, why don't he go for Masters straight up like me and others?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
ferdimako:

He has a first degree, why don't he go for Masters straight up like me and others?
I av applied to various universities but the one dat gave me offer for msc is just a year program! But wen I applied to tafe for advanced diploma I av bin given admission and its 2yrs. I would want to stay bck to work after studies.Redhrt and others told me to go for the 2yr Tafe advanced diploma so after studies I can get my PR and can later do Msc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2013
kellyemms: I av applied to various universities but the one dat gave me offer for msc is just a year program! But wen I applied to tafe for advanced diploma I av bin given admission and its 2yrs. I would want to stay bck to work after studies.Redhrt and others told me to go for the 2yr Tafe advanced diploma so after studies I can get my PR and can later do Msc
well it all depends on you (what you want)and i think you said you want to obtain your PR and stay back, if that is so, a 2 year TAFE course will do just fine if you cant get a 2 year masters program but what ever route you decides, they all come with conditions.

Condition 1: Apply for 2 yr TAFE ----> PR ----> PGD ----> MSC
disadvantage: long way to MSC and expensive or,

Condition 2: Accept your 1 yr MSC ----> must get a job before or immediately you complete your study with your employer willing to sponsor you ----> apply for temporary graduate visa 485 before completing your studies ----> BV(a,b or c)/TR/PR visa ----> citizen after 2yrs.
disadvantage: might be hard to get a job and or a sponsor if eventually you get a job within this time limit (its like a gamble or a risk) or,

Condition 3: Accept your 1yr MSC ---->If you want to stay in Australia independently of employer sponsorship for a longer term or professional career, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect before completing your studies ----> BV(a,b or c)/TR/PR visa ----> citizen.
disadvantage: i'm not sure or,

Condition 4: Accept your 1 yr MSC ----> be in a genuine defacto relationship with an Australian for at least a year,----> apply for a partner visa before completing your studies ----> BV(a,b or c)/TR/PR ----> citizen after 2yrs.
disadvantage: how sure are you in getting a genuine Australian partner within that time frame. you might never get.

well life is a risk, but if you must ask me, i'd say, take a reasonable risk.
the choice is yours. i might be wrong, and to my OGAS on this forum, anybody with any other reasonable analysis are welcomed.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iamcapela: 12:41am On Jun 21, 2013
@Kellyemms,

This guys wey dey write like Immigration pple jst dey open their mouth like say dem don reach Aussie, na so e easy to find empoyer to sponsor u when u nor dey Health/Medical field? Or the occupational list? Guy accept ur Tafe admission, na Chisholm Tafe I dey, collect ur 2yrs visa n enter first then u can leave mater for mathias. 1 year MSC program won't give u a graduate visa if u dey come Melbourne o, Melbourne nor be regional area just so u know. If u need more advise, I go fit advise u o.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omoteefat: 1:10am On Jun 21, 2013
@Iamcapela, nice one!pls I hear dat there is no SVP for TAFE.
How long did ur visa take
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 21, 2013
@iamcapella, it is good you advice and not criticize, i just gave him a list of options including what he should expect and a possible outcome because he is a bit not sure. if you read the conditions very well and my first line, i advised him to go for 2yr TAFE but he has the final say on what he intends to do, so to make things easy and understandable for him, i have to spell out things so he can get the picture. This thread has been one of the finest thread on Nairaland and i think we are here to learn and help each other and show respect even in criticism and not to castigate each other. Any contribution or opinion you have will be highly welcomed. And for your information, i'm married to an Australian so i know what i am saying.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 1:18am On Jun 21, 2013
iamcapela: @Kellyemms,

This guys wey dey write like Immigration pple jst dey open their mouth like say dem don reach Aussie, na so e easy to find empoyer to sponsor u when u nor dey Health/Medical field? Or the occupational list? Guy accept ur Tafe admission, na Chisholm Tafe I dey, collect ur 2yrs visa n enter first then u can leave mater for mathias. 1 year MSC program won't give u a graduate visa if u dey come Melbourne o, Melbourne nor be regional area just so u know. If u need more advise, I go fit advise u o.
@Iamcapela,
I need ur email address or if u on bbm I need it too so we can talk better.I intend coming to tafe chisholm for the 2yrs advanced diploma. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iamcapela: 1:36am On Jun 21, 2013
vibrantjd@gmail.com

@Emmykems.. email me brof..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 2:57am On Jun 21, 2013
The 178AUD is per weekly and debited directly from your card...all utilities,water,electricity,gas etc exclusive internet which you will pay for if needed,its few minutes walk to all campus facilities..its called ECU student Village ..you pay a bond of 8weeks...it really expensive
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 3:07am On Jun 21, 2013
@ big sister jenny ......please kindly help out here,I have google shared accommodation in bunbury(in perth),got some ad,mail them but no reply till now..I needed your assistance on a cheap shared accommodation in bunbury,possibly good contact. while I negotiate and prepare to make payments on arrival...am also lost on the cheapest means of getting to bunbury. When I arrive perth on the 16th of july @6pm,(already booked my flight).will be grateful if you can help and guide. thank you for all you have being to us here.God bless you and the family.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Billionaire
Why are you looking at bunbury? Bunbury isn't in Perth, it's like 2 hours out of Perth, it's another town on its own.

Is your campus ECU joondalup, bunbury, or mount lawley??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 21, 2013
iamcapela: @Kellyemms,

Don't criticize other people's advise. Make your point known without being insultive.

It's not okay for you to come here and make snide remarks at people trying to help out the best way they can. So uncalled for
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 4:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Aunty jenny,my campus is ECU bunbury,..kindly assist
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 21, 2013
Okay. Will get back to you, let me do some research. Funny but one of my siblings live there, but she will be moving to perth first week in July.

I knew that rent was per week
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 5:02am On Jun 21, 2013
@ aunty jenny,...thank you ! eagerly await your response,will be in perth on the 16th of july @ 6pm.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 21, 2013
This is the website student and workers are drawn to. Diff types of Accomodation.

www.gumtree.com.au
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry: This is the website student and workers are drawn to. Diff types of Accomodation.

www.gumtree.com.au
i agree with you, u can find almost any info u want at gumtree.com.au, @jenny, thanks 4 ur comment, i know iamcapella to be a very reasonable contributor on this thread because i av bn followin his contribution 4 sometime but i don't know what really hapen wit that comment he made, well i assume it was a mistake and he didnt intend to.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iamcapela: 7:42am On Jun 21, 2013
@jenny

I am not being insultive and I never mentioned anyone's name, I didn't even insult, I said pple be running them mouth. Na who nor come nor go know, I am in Melbourne and I see how it's done, before you come in people be like it's so easy when ur in here but Jenny it's not. If you don't have family here to help or support you it's a huge hiccup.

Pple get here with high hopes and all,I register for Disability and all, 5 months after i've yet to start working cus of sch hour and tight schedule, I am just gonna start placements now. What if I didnt come prepared, what if my sponsor isnt there to support me financially, remember those who'll just come with the hope of the jobs when it's hard to get except for the experieced ones.. It's better telling them what to except than they thinking it's all pot of gold, just my opinion not asking anyone to agree to it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2013
iamcapela:

I am not being insultive and I never mentioned anyone's name, I didn't even insult, I said pple be running them mouth. Na who nor come nor go know, I am in Melbourne and I see how it's done, before you come in people be like it's so easy when ur in here but Jenny it's not. If you don't have family here to help or support you it's a huge hiccup.

Pple get here with high hopes and all,I register for Disability and all, 5 months after i've yet to start working cus of sch hour and tight schedule, I am just gonna start placements now. What if I didnt come prepared, what if my sponsor isnt there to support me financially, remember those who'll just come with the hope of the jobs when it's hard to get except for the experieced ones.. It's better telling them what to except than they thinking it's all pot of gold, just my opinion not asking anyone to agree to it.

First off, I get your point and it is very true. I'm coming in a couple of weeks and I'm as jumpy as a kangaroo. You kept it real. But so did the others. They sort the more encouraging approach.

I got a 1.5year master of science admission originally but found I could combine with a management course and make it 2years. Some schools are aware of immigration policies and create options. He should ask his school for a 2year option.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 21, 2013
First off @ Iamacapella I disagree with you in the area of jobs.What kind of work are you looking for? posh jobs?? is it the same Australia that people come and get a job in under one week? Tell me what kind of work you are looking for and I will tell you if you stand a chance. There is quite a huge Nigerian community here and we all keep in touch so I know relatives that come and snap jobs ASAP. You cannot be in Australia for 5 months and tell me you've got no job. You know what you have a good sponsor, maybe if you didn't have someone there helping you out financially, you would have stopped using school tight schedule as an excuse and got yourself something to do. Even nursing students who study full time from morning till late day still work how much more? Someone recently included her sister in her temporary visa application and this girl came in March and already working 2 jobs.

I mentioned it here that a relative of mine who studied nursing and just finished school not too long ago. Not even 860 hours of placements at the hospital stopped this girl from working during the week and weekend. We were her sponsor and she did not have to work, but guess work, those days she would go from the hospital placements to work in her school of nursing uniform paid off. Cos the same employer (took an interest in her) sponsored her for her permanent residence and she recently just became a citizen. She did not even ask for sponsorship cos she was eligible to apply for her own PR but she chose to go with them cos it was a lot easier for her and less stressful.

No one said it's easy in Australia or any other foreign country but are they jobs in Australia, Hell yeahhhhhhh. The one question is, are people willing to get their hands dirty.

iamcapela: @jenny

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2013
Hmm, i agree with you jenny, my wife's mother has been in OZ since 1973 and worked as a RN Midwife at royal paddinton hospital NSW and she studied at Cumberland college so also her father of blessed memory worked as at the same place as health administrator as he graduated from UNSW in 1979, they didn't tell me it was easy but you can get whatever you want in a short time if you associate with the right people, he was once the president of Nigerian student in Australia and v.president of African community, they all worked and assisted Nigerians and Africans to settle in Australia and always told me before his demise that Australia is a land of opportunity and if you associate yourself with the right set of people, you will succeed greatly. i mentioned earlier in one of my post that Nigerians are well behaved in Australia except some few ones who had serious problems then as a result of either skipping classes, womanizing, or not sticking to their visa conditions, all this facts are information's from a once Nigerian student president and African community Vice President.

i think we are on this tread to assist each other and not to build popularity or be a champion, i am not here for a contest and i don't seek popularity, i'm just doing my best to assist with the little i know. At times i ask questions i think i already know the answer to but some advices from some other faithful followers of this thread makes me see another sides to my supposed question i think i already have an answer to and i think jenny also shared a problem about a relative of hers who applied for a visa since last year or so(correct me if i'm wrong) and is yet to receive any response from immigration despite the fact that she has contributed immensely to helping a lot of people here on this thread, she humbled herself to ask question on issues she doesn't have an answer to, i respect her for that. Remember nobody is an highland of knowledge

[/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2013
Goodday house! Please i'd like to know if Munster, Freemantle, Perth is a regional area. Because i just got admission to study Adv Dip Process Plant Tech there in TAFE WA.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Perth is a city

snowburn: Goodday house! Please i'd like to know if Munster, Freemantle, Perth is a regional area. Because i just got admission to study Adv Dip Process Plant Tech there in TAFE WA.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
iamcapela: vibrantjd@gmail.com

@Emmykems.. email me brof..
Thanks Bro! I av emailed u
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
snowburn: Goodday house! Please i'd like to know if Munster, Freemantle, Perth is a regional area. Because i just got admission to study Adv Dip Process Plant Tech there in TAFE WA.

i also understand that the whole of SA is considered a regional area, i have an admission to study Diploma in Geosciences in adelaide as well.

so i'd like to know which option to take out; TAFEWA or TAFESA as regards PR Visa, job opportunities and then University pathway. Thanks!

all your contributions are highly welcome and appreciated!
Jenny et al over to you. . .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
@mcdon

There are jobs here. A lot.........Is your wife's mother still in OZ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
For PR for student purposes they expect regional areas, cities not included.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry: For PR for student purposes they expect regional areas, cities not included.

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses. . .i wanna go pay my fees first thing monday morning and start processing the visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry:

Don't criticize other people's advise. Make your point known without being insultive.

It's not okay for you to come here and make snide remarks at people trying to help out the best way they can. So uncalled for

My Results just popped up and it is terrible:
Listening: 5.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 4.5
Overall: 5.5

I can't believe it, well I think I should send it to UB and prepare to accept ECU offer as English Proficiency was never attached as a condition. What will the Embassy say?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2013
@ Jenny...that's the site (www.gumtree.com.au)that I went earlier,I was only able to send mails to the ones am interested but have got no reply till now,..the phone nos are not available either..that's why I needed your help,since you are in Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry: @mcdon

There are jobs here. A lot.........Is your wife's mother still in OZ?
nope, she is now in Nigeria enjoying her retirement from active service. She's come of age now. Ile labo isinmi oko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.