Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,849 members, 7,882,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:23 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (766580 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
thanks all na God cheesy grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Americanvisa: @Akomsy,congratulations,pls could you share the documents you submitted and how much in your sponsor's account

I think you should just apply already and take a break. Asking people too many questions of the same thing all over again will just end up leaving you in a more confused state.

The website there has stated clearly what is needed, go with it and by it. You will be fine .

Like someone just said, all he did was follow the checklist.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
ferdimako: @Jenny and All, UB wrote me today that they are waiting for my IELTS results to make a decision.So if I didn't chase them around I would not have known this. I expect my IELTS Score on Friday online but the real TRF will be picked up by my brother at their Lagos office. I don't want all this mailing embarrassment. So UB will get an online certified copy for them to finalise. I just know their tuition will suit me to the ground!I've also written the other two schools that I'll soon accept just to keep them close especially Edith Cowan University,Perth as I await the unknown.

I just finished taking my medication against the high BP, I have been eating fruits, avoiding salt as much as I can and working out every morning. I will retake the test early next week and communicate that to Zankli Clinic. I will still ask them what is with my medicals that I did before visa lodgement or getting a message from the embassy. Thanks all.
Coolio, keep us up to date
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
akomsy: Thank God for His infinite mercy i was granted my student visa yesterday cool grin cheesy smiley.. God will see each and everyone of us through and thanks to all those contributing in one way or the other here.. feel free to ask me ur questions but not the one google can ans.lolz j.k
Congrats.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Congrats to Akomsy and billionaire001 I can imagine d excitement u guys are feeling right now.Really wish u guys all d best.

@Fikzy pls am having some little issues wif my mail. Will pm u once I resolve it.pls bear wif me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
jennykadry:
Coolio, keep us up to date

I'll.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
Congrats to Billionaire01 and Akomsy. Keep the Green White Green flag fly high in Australia and do us proud. God will make you excel there IJN (amen).
@Ferdimako, just scan your result and send it to them when it arrives. After admission has been granted, you can process for the TRF.

In the meantime, I am heading to the SAR of Hong Kong and the visa was approved today; will be heading to Australia soon after I finish for research programs.
@cconcept, how about your search for potential supervisors? Any progress?
@AmericanVisa, keep calm and cool bro. Just gather the docs required for visa processing and watch everything work in your direction.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Congrats @red. Please please please keep and use your space on this thread.

I agree . All @americanvisa needs is to just relax, gather documents and apply, he will be fine. The more he freaks out and asks questions the different answers he gets-the more susceptible he is to confusion and might end up making a huge mistake in his application.

Others that got their visa's do not have 3 heads. Apply and relax
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omoteefat: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Its been visa galore on this thread today. Congrats guys! please do us proud out there. Don't forget us when u get to ur kingdom ☺☺. I am so glad I found this thread. U guys have been so helpful
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
i join in to rejoice with those that received their visa recently. Remember not to forget the son of whom you are, and when you get to Australia, do us proud so that those that are planning to come over won't face problems caused by Nigerians living in Australia when they arrive there. Nigerians in Australia already have a good name except for some few ones when it comes to not going to school, womanizing as a means of short cut to PR, and back biting. Above all, i wish you the best in all of your endeavors.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 8:13am On Jun 20, 2013
Gud A.M my fellow pals here, I av been given admission to study a 2yrs advanced diploma in computer engineering in a tafe institute. And I av also been given admission into a university for 1.5yrs msc program. I will like to stay back to work after studies and also get PR. Plz house advice me on which one I shuld go for inorder for me to stay bck after studies.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:24am On Jun 20, 2013
^^^
It's about your interest. I think visa for the MSc duration will go for 2 years, and before the expiry, you can file in for one class of bridge visa like that (I read something that this morning though); but since it is for this PR, go for the TAFE. You can get your MSc done after you have become a resident
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2013
I joined this sister thread: https://www.nairaland.com/215610/where-nigerians-australia in 2012 when I started the process of applying for my Australian PR, there has been hitches and obstacles along the way, due to a medical condition of one of my dependents, this has now been sorted out and we look set to get the golden e-mail within the next sixty days.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2013
Americanvisa: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-visa-charges-1july2013/
This new visa fee na die, I applied for subclass 189 last october for three people: myself, spouse and dependent brother all more than 18yrs for just AU$3060.

With this new rule, it will cost about AU$6300 for such application. I thank the LORD that I managed to do it last year, but it is not yet uhuru for us, though we hope to receive decision on our application within the next 60 days.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2013
UBKtech: success is yours,God will perfect every thing for you.my brother i no fit shout for those figures
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2013
@jenny and all,if i were offered admission in two universities and use one to secure visa and later decided not to study in that one and wish to study for the second university,can it be possible.note that i have not commenced on the former one yet
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 20, 2013
surecan: @jenny and all,if i were offered admission in two universities and use one to secure visa and later decided not to study in that one and wish to study for the second university,can it be possible.note that i have not commenced on the former one yet
Nope, you cannot not commence on another course/ university, training or college other than the one which was used to offer you your visa. failure to do so will amount to a bridge of immigration rule. if you want to change to another course in the same uni or college, or change to another uni or college, you will have to have your present visacancelled and apply for another one. no more no less.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2013
ok,thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
grin grin thanks to all who celebrated with all of us who recently got study visa,but we all hold much gratitude to big aunty Jenny and others for good contribution,may God bless her and you all...

@ Jenny and @ all.......please kindly advice,Edith Cowan university is offering student accommodation in-campus excluding Internet @$178,is these a good offer or should I look for a cheaper shared accommodation off campus .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
^^^
Look around, you should be able to get a cheaper one or better still discuss with the students' affairs office on students looking for off-campus accomodation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
It's about your interest. I think visa for the MSc duration will go for 2 years, and before the expiry, you can file in for one class of bridge visa like that (I read something that this morning though); but since it is for this PR, go for the TAFE. You can get your MSc done after you have become a resident
Plz after completion of advanced diploma is it possible to do Masters programme immediately. I mean someone with Advanced diploma is he/she eligible for Masters programme?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
^^^
Yes and yes. I would suggest that you chill a little though; get your residency settled aftwr your advanced diploma program and then go fo MSc, as it will be at a cheaper price 'cos you won't be considered as an international student again.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
Billionaire001: grin grin thanks to all who celebrated with all of us who recently got study visa,but we all hold much gratitude to big aunty Jenny and others for good contribution,may God bless her and you all...

@ Jenny and @ all.......please kindly advice,Edith Cowan university is offering student accommodation in-campus excluding Internet @$178,is these a good offer or should I look for a cheaper shared accommodation off campus .

well to my knowledge, it is good if it is shared (i.e 2 in a room) you will get to adapt, relate well and know your environment. it will save you some utility bills and running costs like transportation, mattress and pillow etc and you will also have access to washing machine, refrigerator, stove (gas cooker), sporting facilities in the gym if present etc. More so you get to settle down well before thinking of having your own place.

on the other hand, many international student prefer to rent a shared apartment in town but you might be lucky to get it cheap and if not, the expensive. you will be responsible for the utility bills in most cases and furniture's, house Bond, you will have to also add T.fare and some other minor expenses to your list. pray to get a faithful, decent and understanding room mate who can cooperate with you in meeting up with this bills.
Above all, if you are financially ok, you can own your own rent. i hope this helps. other faithful nairalanders can contribute.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
Billionaire001: grin grin thanks to all who celebrated with all of us who recently got study visa,but we all hold much gratitude to big aunty Jenny and others for good contribution,may God bless her and you all...

Try to get me and others all you've on housing at ECU.178AUD/Month excluding Internet? Including what? I am between ECU and UB now. Am for Feb 2014 though!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
@billonaire

Look elsewhere. A place closer to school. When you arrive Perth, apply for a card called "smart rider". It's a student concession card and you can travel for very cheap price. If I remember correctly you can travel with it for 2 hours and only be charged once....I.e if you change from bus to train and scan it, you wouldn't be charged.......I stand to be corrected though
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
Yes and yes. I would suggest that you chill a little though; get your residency settled aftwr your advanced diploma program and then go fo MSc, as it will be at a cheaper price 'cos you won't be considered as an international student again.
Thanks so much for the info RedReact! U are so wonderful.Are u currently in Australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
Billionaire, the amount your posted is it per week/fortnight/month?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
plz who is in or heading to tafe chisholm institute, i av been given admission dere.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
jennykadry: Billionaire, the amount your posted is it per week/fortnight/month?
you are right jenny, i think he should confirm that first. If it were to be wkly, he shuld check for the facilities they come with before deciding.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
kellyemms: Plz after completion of advanced diploma is it possible to do Masters programme immediately. I mean someone with Advanced diploma is he/she eligible for Masters programme?
it depends on the university and the course you are applying for, check with the uni for their MSC requirements because it varies from uni to uni and from state to state. And just like Redreact said, why not get your PR first after your advance diploma and later apply for MSC if you wish to study further as you pay less. Some don't after their PR because that is all they wanted, they will just do a short proffessional course to boost their employability. That all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
mcdon60: it depends on the university and the course you are applying for, check with the uni for their MSC requirements because it varies from uni to uni and from state to state. And just like Redreact said, why not get your PR first after your advance diploma and later apply for MSC if you wish to study further as you pay less. Some don't after their PR because that is all they wanted, they will just do a short proffessional course to boost their employability. That all.
thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.