Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,806 members, 7,905,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:50 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (770574 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2013
@ferdimako

What is the embassy's requirement re IELTS? Overall band score I mean.....,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2013
ferdimako:

My Results just popped up and it is terrible:
Listening: 5.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 4.5
Overall: 5.5

I can't believe it, well I think I should send it to UB and prepare to accept ECU offer as English Proficiency was never attached as a condition. What will the Embassy say?
@ferdimako, ur result isn't bad for ur visa application. All d embassy wants to see is that u av IELTS/ TOEFL or as d case may b. If u pass ur english test u will not b required to pre register for english assesmnt bfor u commence ur study in OZ, but if not, u will nid to preregister include it wit ur visa app docs. But wit ur result, i think it's 5.5 overall and u don't av any probs at all wit visa app i think. I stand to b correctd tho from other experienced housemates.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry: @ferdimako

What is the embassy's requirement re IELTS? Overall band score I mean.....,
thats a very good question jenny.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2013
mcdon60: thats a very good question jenny.

They didn't say or I've not seen anything other than enclose your English proficiency evidence in the application and check it on the checklist.I am very distraught right now. I wouldn't mind doing pre-english program on campus if UB agrees if not am off to ECU. I don't trust and believe this my score!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
Minimum IELTS score requirement for international student visa application: For VET/TAFE- 5.5, Undrgraduate -6 and Post Graduate- 6.5
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
mcdon60: Minimum IELTS score requirement for international student visa application: For VET/TAFE- 5.5, Undrgraduate -6 and Post Graduate- 6.5

UB said 6.0 (and that satisfies them)so I doubt not getting 6.5 would have made the Embassy reject my application. All in all, it's sickening. I should have done TOEFL. British Council is in disarray.My thought though. If I must redo,it will be TOEFL.But seriously I have no nerve for all these exams.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry: Okay. Will get back to you, let me do some research.one of my sibling, but she will be moving to perth first week in July
Jenny, at the bolded, shey d person na male or female? If she be female, she dey available? grin grin

@Ferdimako, submit the result like that and also submit your WAEC result with it, to the embassy, as it contains English language in it. It should augment with the IELTS result. Don't be distraught jor. I remember when I wanted to write my exam, 1 week to the day, I never touch both the reading and writing section for practise. The exam is easy but one can easily miss the answers.
@iamcapela, let your presence be felt here a little. Your contribution is needed, as some may need info on accomodation, and Jenny has been the only one filling the gap. If you are here, you can render your assistance in that capacity.
On the points you raised, you said well. I would advice someone who has PR in mind (of course everybody does) is that look for a 2yrs program to do. When you get that, you will easily file for the PR, and TAFE adv. diploma fills the gap well, unlike Masters which lasts for 1.5yrs, though you can get sponsored quickly if your major is a skilled-select major.
An advantage of the TAFE pathway I can boldly see is that after your program of 2yrs, you apply for PR and once successful, you can use your Nigerian BSc cert. to apply for MSc and it will come at a low cost, and you can opt for part-time too because you won't be an international student.
My take is that anyone that wants to go to Aussie should strap onto financial backings he/she can get for at least a year. It won't be easy studying and working at the same time (though not impossible) so as not to affect grades and performance; and high hopes shouldn't be developed at all. It must be slow-and-steady.
@mcdon, I feel ya. Keep it up.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
There was an Australia educational fair in Lagos last week and the people that attended it were told by a representative of the embassy in Pretoria that Nigerians are no longer required to write English test for visa purpose.This is just what i heard.Please lets us confirm this so that it will save some people's money for IELTs exam.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
I,m deeply indepted to you, my e-family members especially aunty Jenny for your help and support so far. I have been a follower of this thread from the beginning because I found it both informative and educative even if this is my first comment here.

I wrote my IELTS test on the 8th of this month, the same day ferdimako wrote in Port Harcourt. Below is the detail of my result:

Listening: 6.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking:7.0
OVERALL: 6.5

I want to thank God and ferdimako in a special way for introducing www.ieltsbuddy.com. I studied very hard with it especially in speaking and writing because the N4k material I bought from the British council was not even enough for preparation. I want to advise others preparing for IELTS no to limit themselves to the N4k material, instead make judicious use of www.ieltsbuddy.com because everything you want is there.

Its quite unfortunate that ferdimako could'nt make up to the minimum requirement. There is an alternative which mcdon60 stated. I will advice him to submit his score to UB and wait for their decision.

I want to complete my application for master degree in civil engineering or mining engineering in UB and UNSW.
Once again, thank you so much for your help and support. .
mcdon60: @ferdimako, ur result isn't bad for ur visa application. All d embassy wants to see is that u av IELTS/ TOEFL or as d case may b. If u pass ur english test u will not b required to pre register for english assesmnt bfor u commence ur study in OZ, but if not, u will nid to preregister include it wit ur visa app docs. But wit ur result, i think it's 5.5 overall and u don't av any probs at all wit visa app i think. I stand to b correctd tho from other experienced housemates.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
RedReact:
Jenny, at the bolded, shey d person na male or female? If she be female, she dey available? grin grin

@Ferdimako, submit the result like that and also submit your WAEC result with it, to the embassy, as it contains English language in it. It should augment with the IELTS result. Don't be distraught jor. I remember when I wanted to write my exam, 1 week to the day, I never touch both the reading and writing section for practise. The exam is easy but one can easily miss the answers.
@iamcapela, let your presence be felt here a little. Your contribution is needed, as some may need info on accomodation, and Jenny has been the only one filling the gap. If you are here, you can render your assistance in that capacity.
On the points you raised, you said well. I would advice someone who has PR in mind (of course everybody does) is that look for a 2yrs program to do. When you get that, you will easily file for the PR, and TAFE adv. diploma fills the gap well, unlike Masters which lasts for 1.5yrs, though you can get sponsored quickly if your major is a skilled-select major.
An advantage of the TAFE pathway I can boldly see is that after your program of 2yrs, you apply for PR and once successful, you can use your Nigerian BSc cert. to apply for MSc and it will come at a low cost, and you can opt for part-time too because you won't be an international student.
My take is that anyone that wants to go to Aussie should strap onto financial backings he/she can get for at least a year. It won't be easy studying and working at the same time (though not impossible) so as not to affect grades and performance; and high hopes shouldn't be developed at all. It must be slow-and-steady.
Tanks to @iamcapela, RedReact,and Jenny! U av been so wonderful! Cheers to y'all. I will file in for the 2yrs tafe advanced diploma.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
RedReact:

Yeah I have B3 there.Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
Chubi4show: I,m deeply indepted to you, my e-family members especially aunty Jenny for your help and support so far. I have been a follower of this thread from the beginning because I found it both informative and educative even if this is my first comment here.

I wrote my IELTS test on the 8th of this month, the same day ferdimako wrote in Port Harcourt. Below is the detail of my result:

Listening: 6.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking:7.0
OVERALL: 6.5

I want to thank God and ferdimako in a special way for introducing www.ieltsbuddy.com. I studied very hard with it especially in speaking and writing because the N4k material I bought from the British council was not even enough for preparation. I want to advise others preparing for IELTS no to limit themselves to the N4k material, instead make judicious use of www.ieltsbuddy.com because everything you want is there.

Its quite unfortunate that ferdimako could'nt make up to the minimum requirement. There is an alternative which mcdon60 stated. I will advice him to submit his score to UB and wait for their decision.

I want to complete my application for master degree in civil engineering or mining engineering in UB and UNSW.
Once again, thank you so much for your help and support. .

Congrats! I am happy I have helped a soul and not mine. If UB openly tells me my admission will be positive if I get them a better score for English Proficiency, I will take TOEFL.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ok bro... My Application is for February, 2014 admission though. I took TOEFL in 2007 and I made it. I think its easier than IELTS. I wish you the best bro.
ferdimako:

Congrats! I am happy I have helped a soul and not mine. If UB openly tells me my admission will be positive if I get them a better score for English Proficiency, I will take TOEFL.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
Americanvisa: There was an Australia educational fair in Lagos last week and the people that attended it were told by a representative of the embassy in Pretoria that Nigerians are no longer required to write English test for visa purpose.This is just what i heard.Please lets us confirm this so that it will save some people's money for IELTs exam.

Except the immigration and school change this on their site, things remain the way there are

@redreact
Lol she is married. grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry:

Except the immigration and school change this on their site, things remain the way there are

@redreact
Lol she is married. grin

ok
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
@americanvisa
When are you and your wife looking at coming to Australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
[quote author=jennykadry]@americanvisa
When are you and your wife looking at coming to Australia?[/quote

Trying to get her masters admission for feb 2014 entry hopefully.We have advanced diploma admission already but because of this assessment level 3 we are,i decided that we go for msc but still advanced diploma could have been better for me but i don't want to take chances,thanks for your concern
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
How long is the masters for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
I haven't gotten any,my self prefer a year or 1.5 masters so that she can proceed to PhD upon completion.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
Start applying to schools then so you can meet up with feb 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
yes i have started,thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
Thank you all for all the valuable info and suggestions.
Please more comments on accommodation.
Would like to know when and how one can apply for PR.
What's the first step?
Additionally, can someone say a thing or two about getting a job.
Thank you Jenny, reMcDon and all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2013
jennykadry:

@redreact
Lol she is married. grin
You still get one wey never marry or get personal lord? I go sneak from HK enter Oz 'cos of am; make I send my account phone nomba?

Would be grateful if you can drop some hints on accomodation for people that will be heading to Oz sooner or later.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
Americanvisa: I haven't gotten any,my self prefer a year or 1.5 masters so that she can proceed to PhD upon completion.
Which school are you looking at?
@cconcept is still searching for supervisors and I don't know his progress yet. Maybe he comes and fill us in.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
university of camberra,queensland and flinders but i am facing some difficulties uploading the documents.my documents are in 5MB and they are demanding for 2 to 3MB and i am finding it difficult to reduce it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
I am still searching.contacted some professors,I got a negative reply from some and no reply from others.
My wife has done ielts and thinking of applying for a tafe course.
Listening 6.5
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Overall 7.5
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
Americanvisa: university of camberra,queensland and flinders but i am facing some difficulties uploading the documents.my documents are in 5MB and they are demanding for 2 to 3MB and i am finding it difficult to reduce it
Try to download Adobe Reader pro. With it, you can reduce the size. Try to check online for it or check google on how to reduce pdf document size. I downloaded a software like that that reduced 5mb to less than 1mb but I can't do it again.
@cconcept, I am suggesting you use a gmail account and not yahoo. If you can get your hands on their publications, kindly do and use it to build your proposals. I pray God makes a way for you soon.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by sakabien: 2:38am On Jun 22, 2013
ferdimako:

My Results just popped up and it is terrible:
Listening: 5.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 4.5
Overall: 5.5

I can't believe it, well I think I should send it to UB and prepare to accept ECU offer as English Proficiency was never attached as a condition. What will the Embassy say?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2013
Billionaire001: The 178AUD is per weekly and debited directly from your card...all utilities,water,electricity,gas etc exclusive internet which you will pay for if needed,its few minutes walk to all campus facilities..its called ECU student Village ..you pay a bond of 8weeks...it really expensive

Hey, could you let me know how you paid your Tuition and OSHC to ECU. I am thinking I can use online payment mode (My GT Mastercard:Naira or Dollar).I should do that in July.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2013
@ fedimako.......yes you can make payment with your gtb naira master card.but it must be less than 1 million naira per day ...so what I did was to call the school and made payment twice on different days..wish you luck as you proceed.....Gods speed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kissofdragon: 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
@billionaire did you got ur visa with the TAFE admission? Because I noticed you have been mentioning Edith Cowan Uni a couple of times. I also have a TAFE admission but I have deferred it so that I can come down to south Aussie by February 2014. So pls was it ur TAFE that u used or it is Edith Cowan Uni admission that hot u d visa. Thankss
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
Billionaire001: @ Jenny...that's the site (www.gumtree.com.au)that I went earlier,I was only able to send mails to the ones am interested but have got no reply till now,..the phone nos are not available either..that's why I needed your help,since you are in Australia.

Aunty Jenny......still await your responds and assistances..I need an accommodation of $100/week and the mobile contact.possibly cheap means of transport from Perth to bunbury @ evening.I can do other arrangements on my own from there

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.