Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,849 members, 7,882,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:23 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (766580 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Americanvisa: @jenny,pls what opportunities can we in the medical field found our self before we embark on our journey for licencing and what is the success story of Nigerians that have taken the exam before?

This is based on what a doctor told me, he is a doctor who moved to Australia last year....... As a doctor you stand a good chance at getting a temporary visa that would allow you move to Australia with your family and work towards getting a full registration after atleast 12-18 months of work. For the supervised work, you will be issued with a conditional registration.

Australia does not just give PR's to overseas doctors without testing them to be sure they know what they are doing. There would issue a temporary visa which allows you to work supervised for a period of (minimum) 12 months after which, your supervisors would write a letter to medical council stating their satisfaction with your job. Then you can apply for full general registration and once you get it, you are on your way to PR. Start applying for a job before the 12 months "internship" is over and watch GP practices and hospitals send reps to come convince you to work for them. This guy had people begging him this year to come work for them with free accomodation, money towards purchasing a car, and sponsorship for permanent residence.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
posdream:

Hello Aunty jenny,
I've been waiting to see a post from you...i have but a knotty issue here ma,
1. is it possible to grant me visa for my 6 months course in Aged Care/community service work/cert iv in youth work (ANY OF THE 3 i haven't applied though)
2. is it possible for me to quickly switch to another course after the 6 months course to prolong my stay as a view towards the PR which i have read in prev posts.
3. i am planning to pay for my tuition in full from here. can i work to raise money for the other course to prolong my stay.
4. if i wasn't able to use my sponsors acct to pay tuition will that hinder my chances?

I know you are always busy ma but i will appreciate a thorough explanation ma. thanking you in adv.

1. I did tell someone on this page that studying the 6 months aged care /community service is a waste of time. I always advise people to save their money. If you have interest in community or health work, then do nursing.

2. ^^^6 months course is a waste of time,especially in aged care.

3. Yes you can work in Australia especially if you've paid some semester fees in full, you can get a job and save but all that depends on your cost of living, look at a cheap place to share with or rent with someone, that would help in reducing the bills and all that payment ish.

4. Some people just use sponsor acct to pave the way for them to get into the country first. Some sponsors can only go as far as showing their acct statement and do not want you touching their money. As long as you pay your fees sponsor acct or not, they don't make a fuss about it

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
@mcdon

Australia is good today...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
@jenny thanks for the info,it is not really easy to apply for job and get it,you know we are from third countries so i intend to get in there first so that i can easily get the job and continue with their assessment body,there are a lot of process to follow.Please is this person you said a Nigerian?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Yes, a nigerian
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ok,i asked because they called that rout competent Authority pathway which is designed for developed countries like usa,uk,ireland,canada etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
@jenny,how do you see our visa chances for my wife going for 1.5 years advanced diploma or masters,note she is the primary applicant and both of us are going the same time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^^As long as you meet the requirements and pass your medicals, you should be fine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
Americanvisa: Ok,i asked because they called that rout competent Authority pathway which is designed for developed countries like usa,uk,ireland,canada etc

Actually he came to Australia from the UK but a nigerian who studied and worked more in Nigeria and only spent 2 years in the UK
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
thank you for all the explanations so far,remain blessed
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
@Fikzy definitely we can hook up, I pray ur Visa application will also be successful. I did my medicals already and a applied like 2weeks ago.Under d new Stream lined visa processing for student visa ,Visa processing takes 2-4 weeks but not all d Universities in Australia are part of it.The applicant has to confirm such details prior to applying.

For now am just hoping n praying for d best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
RedReact:
Maybe you do it this way; try and look for a diploma program that will take more than a year and then register for its certificate course program so that you can graduate to a diploma program after you are done. That way, you get money saved a little, and also get your pathway to PR cleared for you.
If you can't find such, then maybe you go for an advanced diploma, but will come at a high fee again (try so many colleges, as you may find cheaper ones).

noted thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
jennykadry:

1. I did tell someone on this page that studying the 6 months aged care /community service is a waste of time. I always advise people to save their money. If you have interest in community or health work, then do nursing.

3. Yes you can work in Australia especially if you've paid some semester fees in full, you can get a job and save but all that depends on your cost of living, look at a cheap place to share with or rent with someone, that would help in reducing the bills and all that payment ish.

4. Some people just use sponsor acct to pave the way for them to get into the country first. Some sponsors can only go as far as showing their acct statement and do not want you touching their money. As long as you pay your fees sponsor acct or not, they don't make a fuss about it

Thanks so much ma, i forgot to ask if its advisable to use someone outside naija as my sponsor(florida)? and does bta applies to someone on a student visa ma?
thanking u in adv
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 18, 2013
posdream:

Thanks so much ma, i forgot to ask if its advisable to use someone outside naija as my sponsor(florida)? and does bta applies to someone on a student visa ma?
thanking u in adv

I stand to be corrected but I know of people who have used sponsors from all over the world. What they really want to see is the money in that account.

Bta? What's bta?? Basic travel allowance? Somebaddy help an old lady out here cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Fikzzy(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2013
STUNTS007: @Fikzy definitely we can hook up, I pray ur Visa application will also be successful. I did my medicals already and a applied like 2weeks ago.Under d new Stream lined visa processing for student visa ,Visa processing takes 2-4 weeks but not all d Universities in Australia are part of it.The applicant has to confirm such details prior to applying.

For now am just hoping n praying for d best.

I did apply via the SVP scheme too & I have also gone for my medicals. Its gonna all work out well for us all by God's grace. I have sent you a DM ryt here. Reply & let's get started. Cheers.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2013
jennykadry:

I stand to be corrected but I know of people who have used sponsors from all over the world. What they really want to see is the money in that account.

Bta? What's bta?? Basic travel allowance? Somebaddy help an old lady out here cheesy

BTA Business travelling allowannce which is max. $5000 and PTA Personal Travelling Allowanance which is max $4000.. i hope i'm correct grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by talk2salt(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2013
jennykadry:

Thanks for this. I'm looking for someone to share accommodation with when i get there on the 17th of next month. So far the prices are cut-throat crazy, but i understand that they maybe affordable to someone working there. I developed an ulcer worrying about how i'm going to cope with moving to a new country and culture. then having worked for a while hear i'm anxious as to how, and how long, and also what kinda work immo get.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hello house, Please advise if i Will be fine for a PR after an 18months Tafe
Advanced Diploma in Nursing in a Regional area in Australia. I have searched for a 2yr
programme in the same course to no avail, hence my resolve to apply for the 18months programme.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:37am On Jun 19, 2013
jennykadry:

thanks for your reply ma.well, yes ,basic travel allowance. i want to know if i am going to need it and how much? i heard abt the bta from a friend studying in usa, just want to know if it applies to australian students also
akomsy:

BTA Business travelling allowannce which is max. $5000 and PTA Personal Travelling Allowanance which is max $4000.. i hope i'm correct grin

was both or either required from someone you knw in aus?please i will like to know. thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 4:42am On Jun 19, 2013
posdream:

thanks for your reply ma.well, yes ,basic travel allowance. i want to know if i am going to need it and how much? i heard abt the bta from a friend studying in usa, just want to know if it applies to australian students also.

was both or either required from someone you knw in aus?please i will like to know. thanks

I'm not sure we mostly use PTA cos its gotten from banks wch makes the fx rate favourable
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 19, 2013
@Jenny and All, UB wrote me today that they are waiting for my IELTS results to make a decision.So if I didn't chase them around I would not have known this. I expect my IELTS Score on Friday online but the real TRF will be picked up by my brother at their Lagos office. I don't want all this mailing embarrassment. So UB will get an online certified copy for them to finalise. I just know their tuition will suit me to the ground!I've also written the other two schools that I'll soon accept just to keep them close especially Edith Cowan University,Perth as I await the unknown.

I just finished taking my medication against the high BP, I have been eating fruits, avoiding salt as much as I can and working out every morning. I will retake the test early next week and communicate that to Zankli Clinic. I will still ask them what is with my medicals that I did before visa lodgement or getting a message from the embassy. Thanks all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2013
akomsy:

I'm not sure we mostly use PTA cos its gotten from banks wch makes the fx rate favourable

THANKS,HOW MUCH IS THE PTA PLEASE
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 9:52am On Jun 19, 2013
posdream:

THANKS,HOW MUCH IS THE PTA PLEASE

has no fixed priced it only depends on CBN exchange rate but its cheaper than black market or aboki and thats y its limited providing ur visa and flight ticket to the issuing bank... PTA is ranging from $0.1-4000 depending on wat u want to buy.. ie if u want to travel with $100 the bank will give u wen u give them the naira equval.. then i u need or hv more than $4000 eqival... the bank will ony give u $4000 and that's the maximum..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2013
Thank God for His infinite mercy i was granted my student visa yesterday cool grin cheesy smiley.. God will see each and everyone of us through and thanks to all those contributing in one way or the other here.. feel free to ask me ur questions but not the one google can ans.lolz j.k
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2013
akomsy: Thank God for His infinite mercy i was granted my student visa yesterday cool grin cheesy smiley.. God will see each and everyone of us through and thanks to all those contributing in one way or the other here.. feel free to ask me ur questions but not the one google can ans.lolz j.k

congratulations! How long did it take the Embassy to communicate that good news? Are you for July 2013 start date?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 10:24am On Jun 19, 2013
ferdimako:

congratulations! How long did it take the Embassy to communicate that good news? Are you for July 2013 start date?
August intake.. not up to a month 2 working days after my medical I got my visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 19, 2013
akomsy:
August intake.. not up to a month 2 working days after my medical I got my visa

Okay.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Akomsy,congratulations,pls could you share the documents you submitted and how much in your sponsor's account
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Billionaire001: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
To God be the glory,I got my student visa this morning......anyone heading to Perth ,in July.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Billionaire001: To God be the glory,I got my student visa this morning......anyone heading to Perth ,in July.....

Congrats!Is it for studies? Which school? I may be coming for Feb 2014.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
Americanvisa: @Akomsy,congratulations,pls could you share the documents you submitted and how much in your sponsor's account

I used the checklist
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
university of Canberra

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.