Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) (22125 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official Caught Making Call While Driving / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Dreamytosin(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2012
You better keep your mouth shot cuz your own grammar is more worst
malc619:

The peoples who teached you Engrish in school doesn't did a good job.
In fact your situation is hopelenessness.
And I used to said presido's wife isn't speaking well....
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by spoilerx: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2012
Please how do u arrest a danfo bus driver?

LASTMA official : please park dis bus, u are Under arrest !!!!!!

U think being polite will work??

BTW where can I get quality 'kpo kpo' garri ?
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Nuzo1(m): 9:47am On Sep 01, 2012
Sam xiu lee: But we all know that anyone who resist arrest from the authorities(police,army,even lastma and ferma)will be treated the same way same thing happens in Europe and most especially,the us,police there will beat the hell outta you and restrain you if you dare resist arrest.Our danfo bus drivers are too reckless,they drive recklessly,break all the traffic rules with impunity,and in most cases when they break the law and sight an official,they try a getaway and crush anyone on their way.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by malc619(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2012
Dreamytosin: You better keep your mouth shot cuz your own grammar is more worst

"More Worst".....

A committee should ßξ set up ASAP to look into this endemic spread of toxic grammar on NL.

grin grin grin
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by anicho(m): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2012
malc619:

"More Worst".....

A committee should ßξ set up ASAP to look into this endemic spread of toxic grammar on NL.

grin grin grin

my head o! My belle o!

"more worst"
lmfaooooo
abeg i wan go shit!
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by KDULAR: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
lastpage: The Danfo Driver was probably saying "if no be Govt Uniform, Oooniweere O! i be grandfather of Weere ni!" angry angry grin grin

Actually, its not just LASTMA guys only, 99% of everybody in one form of "Govt Uniform" or the other, think they are "Gawd" and can behave just as they like.

Today, l nearly ran over a VIO (Vehicle Inspection Officer) who jumped in front of my vehicle (luckily, l had cited a traffic light about 300meters ahead and my leg was already "naturally itching" for the break-pedal, so l was able to halt in-tme otherwise, "he is Suya"!

I motioned him to my window but he still stood in front of my vehicle, right in the middle of the road.
When his folks realize that they cant intimidate me further, they came to my window and l told them:

My guy you really make sense, I've had similar experiences with law enforcements officers , who cares more about putting one into trouble than addressing issues and even having value for their irreplaceable lifes. however, i want to ask you about the mentality of an educated Nigerian to being corrected not to talk of being arrested ? Moreover, have you ever had a sane encounter with an average Danfo driver in Lagos ? RThen you'll see the reason why at this moment in time, the kind of attitude that goes with LASTMA nay law enforcing in Lagos requires you to be aggressive. Let's be frank, we don't really value orderliness and gentle-manliness in Nigeria, ( e no dey inside us). Sometimes which is in the most atimes, a show of force as seen here will suffice. Like someone said earlier even in the US you resist arrest, you'll be treated likewise if not worse especially if you show slight resistance or aggression.

"Even if this one does not value his life, l do value his life. Can you please tell him that he does not need to ATTEMPT SUICIDE just to stop vehicle for checking. All he need do is "motion me to move to the right side of the road, using his hand, from a safe distance or from the road side".

His Boss said he needed to jump in front of "a moving vehicle" because "some drivers do not stop"
......and l responded that even if a driver refuses to stop...or if there is a 'risk of flight' by a driver, why not "Mount a camera" across the road such that it reads-off the Registration Numbers of cars (or even their complete picture...ANPR) as they pass and this can be used to "TRACE SUCH VEHICLES" from the Govt's "Auto Reg" database!

But they would have none of that! The expression on their faces and demeanor oozed "THUGS!"

After checking my "particulars", l was asked to go.... (Not before reminding me that my "OJODU-FRSC-issued authentic" Driver's license was a FAKE!.........since it was not issued by the VIO!! Is their disagreement/power-tussle" my own problem?) ....so l looked him in the eye and said 'You think this is worth dying over'?

This is what we get from the "Area-boy" Politics of Tinubu era!
I looked around and l can say that around 90% of our "Ward Chairperson's" are Danfo/NURTW Touts! Aboput 70% of our LGA Chairmen are same!

So, in a country where the 'educated and enlightened' are ruled by the "illiterate thugs and criminals"....What do you expect?

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Reference(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I noticed that the govt, regardless of the level is blamed for everything at all times . . . So again, why not blame the gentleman in the pix and leave Fashola out of this.

Seem to notice this too. Every vice in society is blamed on elected government officials. When will we as a people ever take responsibility for our actions. In this case the law and code of conduct is lost on both puglists, perhaps the guv should be impeached for this.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Paulonminyi: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nigeria is movin 2 d permanent sit. Dis is LAGOS 2much jor different charater. Violence brings manifestation y Jentility brings explanation.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
O soldier: Animal, dont you see that the driver is resisting arrest. fool
exactly.violence is d only way to enforce order and compliance in lagos.all dis village people dat come to lagos and start formin wot dey r not,forgetin dat village is dia roots are d ones causin dis madness.dey r d ones dat are called atoko wa baleje
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by fm7070: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
there should be advanced way of arresting traffic offenders, this is what is practiced in organised society.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by sayitout1: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
what does that illiterate guy in uniform thinks he is doing?

Does he even know the implication of fighting/struggling with a man on steering?

I don't even blame him in the first place. What is the process of their recruitment?

Come to think about it, this government has really empowered this thugs in uniform. What is their job description, is it to assist the police control the traffic or wait for road users who are not familiar with a road to make mistakes or to peep into peoples car in traffic to see if they are making calls.

...if it was a military guy, you'll start hearing all sort of complains

These guys are not cultured.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Nobody: 4:59am On Sep 02, 2012
Sad situation for average Nigerians. What do you expect when Nigerians back there act and behave like dummb wild animals. Act like one n you sure gonna be treated like one.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by KDULAR: 8:27am On Sep 02, 2012
A commercial bus driver has killed an albino girl riding on the back of a bike along Kudirat Abiola way the Ikeja/Oregun/Ojota axis of Lagos and injuring two others at Ojota while attempting to escape, driving even more recklessly.

The tragedy hit around 12.35pm as a yellow commuter bus was driving against the one-way traffic along Kudirat Abiola way, just opposite the lane to activists on a march to commemorate the death of prominent civil rights lawyer, Gani Fawehinmi, today.

The activists had begun their march from under the popular bridge along Obafemi Awolowo way in Ikeja with five police vans watching them closely.

The train was going smoothly before the bus suddenly ran into some motorbikes and pedestrians on Kudirat Abiola way near the Olusosun garbage dump. The albino woman was killed in the accident.

The strong collision threw the woman against the culvert, instantly breaking her right leg and causing a crack on her skull, she died some thirty minutes later according to the police.

The activists ended the procession to engage in a furious chase to catch up with the hit-and-run driver riding on the back of several bikes at Ojota the road seemed closed to traffic but the commercial driver in his haste to escape hit two other persons made an u-turn towards Alausa where he was finally rounded up by the comrades.

The killer driver has been apprehended and detained at the Alausa Police Station.

What you just read is the mentality and attitude of an average danfo/bus driver in Lagos and you expect a law enforcement officers to be light ,baaa ?
The y are ready to kill you before you arrest them.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by maryswags: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2012
mallorca: Lagos is working

Fashola is working! LMAO
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by sunnypiano: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
dont be suprised when Fashola leave office, he will the most corrupted silent government sealing money.we only see the work he is doing,i tell u the tax alone they collect in lAGOS is more than federal GOVN gives to LAGOS. we are praising him,.for what.politicals are all the same.
imaging the Lekki express road they collect Toll gate which is on call for. other road are in bad shape and are not international standard and they are make law which is useless.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by ndukwejoe(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
ode remo:
The peoples who teached you Engrish in school doesn't did a good job.
In fact your situation is hopelenessness.
And I used to said presido's wife isn't speaking well..

look who is talking, mr cambridge.
su pu
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lastma officials oftentimes arrests commercial drivers on flimsy excuses & for the egunje
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by iwindow: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
Is it not the same uniform men that stop okada on the roads taht they ride the same okada.
With two passengers for that matter.

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by jentility(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
Violence does not solve everything, while all thing don't need silent
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by ChrisOD: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
This thread resuscitated lol
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by ableguy(m): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
are they friends? ;Dare they friends?
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by ableguy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
exactly.violence is d only way to enforce order and compliance in lagos.all dis village people dat come to lagos and start formin wot dey r not,forgetin dat village is dia roots are d ones causin dis madness.dey r d ones dat are called atoko wa baleje

you are right and that's how to arrest someone that comes from village. ARA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Announces Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi's Wedding / Pump Attendant Arrested For Selling Fuel At N240 (video) / 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.