Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,941 members, 7,922,318 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 01:27 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (891628 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2013
@itire..........You
are still advice to visit a GYNAECOLOGIST.He may advice you to do:
1)And HORMONAL ASSAY of your reproductive hormones such as with
PROGESTERONE/ESTROGEN.....FSH/LH as well as the PROLACTIN HORMONE
2)PELVIC USS for any problem with growth such as with PELVIC CYST or any
benign growth as with FIBROID and POLYPS 3)do HVS and ENDOCERVICAL DISCHARGE MCS,this may be done to find if any P.I.D condition(s) is in coincidence with your condition.........Above all.believe in JESUS....the best Doctor ever!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 22, 2013
@oluwawunmi......If

you suffer a menstrual cramp of which you can best say you have not
suffered b4,we advice that you visit a GYN to check you promptly for any
kind of pelvic complaint as with
ENDOMETRIOSIS,ADENOMYOSIS,ENDOMETRIOMAS,OVARIAN CYST,OVARIAN
APOPLEXY,OVARIAN TORSION and the most with simple problems with UTERINE
FIBROIDS and UTERINE POLYPS.The problems are endless but then some form
of such problems may be marked by the GYN it is normal and may simply
self-limit.You did not tell us if you having problem with IRREGULAR
MENSTRUATION(OLIGOMENORRHOEA)? Do u suffer it? If you have this problem
you may have tell the GYN to predict your OVULATORY PHASE from the
fluctuation date of former menstrual cycles.In counting your ovulation
day/date,we may need to knw your cycle if u av constant cycle offwhich u did
not render to us.Here at it again,we have devices dat can easily detect the LH during ur ovulatory phase.These devices are OVULATORY PHASE kits,dey can detect and predict ur ovulation in some good percentage.Above all visit a GYN....for abnormality or idiopathics regarded to...... DYSMENORRHOEA/AUB/DUB/OVULATION DATE...............JESUS IS THE BEST DOCTOR!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 22, 2013
@chifreke..........Well,we
cant say any wrong or not wrong with you.That can only be confirm froma
any clinicall pelvic procedure.You did not tell us wen u did the
pregnancy test,you did not tell us if the test was an HPT or a B-hCG
serum test.You also did not tell us any sign and symptoms u aving with d
past and present too(present bin clinically important).You did not tell
us if u av any history of irregulation.So much to ask after....We then
advice you visit a GYN to access you on a wide spectrum of pelvic changes
and abnormalities daz if any.He may advice of a pregancy test done properly,he may request ur bin patient awhile to see if ur menstruation may show up in the months of december or January next year.....and take findings for ur amenorrhoea(cessation of the normal menstruation of a woman)!........Jesus Loves You!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by LarrySun(m): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2013
chifreke: hello doctor,
after i had two miscarriages. sept2012 and may 2013 respectively..i have been seeing my menses...eg. last month started 19th to 22nd october...since november...i havent seen any. and am worried cost i dont pregnancy test..it shows negative...what could be happening...could it be sometin serious is wrong..am 28yrs old lady..pls help urgently
Chifreke, happy birthday to you.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2013
THANKS... i wll get a lab test done here.

Lucky-G-:
@Julieni.....How
do you know you have MALARIA/TYPHOID FEVER?....Have you done any
laboratory test to confirm these conditions?...Early pregnancy symptoms
are usually deceivable for MALARIA/TYPHOID FEVER.We advice that you
visit a Medical laboratory scientist to confirm these conditions before you embark
on treatment.Your doctor may suspect these too but it is adviceable you
lay more presses on your Doctor to confirm these condition to avoid taking such
and such medications for what is just pregnancy
disturbances.......Above all see any OBS for proper check up since you have not started ur ANC!........THANKS!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Preshila(f): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello doctors in the house. Bless y'all for always,taking out time to answer our questions here. More feathers to ur caps. I am 16 weeks pregnant but i suffered severe hyperemesis gravidarum since i was 6 weeks pregnant. I only just got relief when i entered my 15th week. Due to the severe nature of my HG, i survived only on IV infusions becos i couldnt keep food or fluid down. I ve got pressing concerns as to wether my unborn baby is okay considering the fact i couldnt take prenatal vitamins cos i hrd that neural tubul defects is developed during the first trimester if adequate folic acid wasnt ingested during that period. I never took any prenatal vit, no folic acid, no nothing just drips. Pls would my baby affected?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by walex2bad(m): 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
pls..sorry for deviating....
i nid ur help..or drug prescription..

pls...for d past few weeks nw.. i hav been feeling always dizzy everyday... its asif d world is turning around... I no longer get my self.. i feel lyk i am a photocopy of d real me... Everytin is begining to look abstract to me.. Its asif I am carrying a bag of cement on ma head...d dizzyness makes me loose interest in tinz i luved doing... Pls i neeed help on wat to do..or d drug to buy to relieve myself... Ur advice wuld b really appreciated...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favoredgal: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
walex2bad: pls..sorry for deviating....
i nid ur help..or drug prescription..

you need prescriptions from an online faceless forum!!! people no dey fear again o! pls take yourself to the hospital and get the necessary tests done i take God beg you

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2013
@Preshila......Goodmorning!..You

seem to be medically incline about your condition.I really laud your
gesticulation.I really want to say am sorry for your HG condition.Folic
acid on usage for the 1st trimester through prevent the occurrence of
SPINA BIFIDA(RACHISCHISIS).It is a matter of prevent.It means that on
usage of these early pregnancy routines the case of SPINA BIFIDA will be
reduce and not using dem the chances of the fetal condition is
great.You seem not to be worried about further complications and as well
with ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCES which crop with HG 2.Well HG for the mother
cud lid to WEIGHT LOSS,DEHYDRATION,KETOSIS as well as HYPOVITAMINOSIS
of several vitamins of B1,B6 n B12.Your OBS may also managed your
condition to prevent cases with several fetal morbidity as with
I.U.G.R,SMALL-FOR-GESTATION-SIZE,WERNICKE'S ENCELOPATHY n PERIPHERAL
NEUROPATHY.If you have been REHYDRATE,and fed by any clinical planned PARENTERAL procedure to give charge over ur eating food...great!..The nxt tin is to medical sustained u so u can start eating food and take ur proper routines.Some ANTI-EMETIC(stop vomiting) drugs r METOCLOPRAMIDE and DOXYLAMINE for pregnant women.Dont use until ur OBS has confirm dia usefulness.Stay awy from stimulating environment dat alwys cos u to vomit...may be AROMA of some sort,PERFUMES,URINE ODOUR,FRYING FOOD.......You shall soon be fine!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chifreke(f): 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@chifreke..........Well,we
cant say any wrong or not wrong with you.That can only be confirm froma
any clinicall pelvic procedure.You did not tell us wen u did the
pregnancy test,you did not tell us if the test was an HPT or a B-hCG
serum test.You also did not tell us any sign and symptoms u aving with d
past and present too(present bin clinically important).You did not tell
us if u av any history of irregulation.So much to ask after....We then
advice you visit a GYN to access you on a wide spectrum of pelvic changes
and abnormalities daz if any.He may advice of a pregancy test done properly,he may request ur bin patient awhile to see if ur menstruation may show up in the months of december or January next year.....and take findings for ur amenorrhoea(cessation of the normal menstruation of a woman)!........Jesus Loves You!
Thanks for the quick response...as at 10th of Novemeber i started having pregnancy signs. but as from 15th precisely those feelings faded which prompted my urine test in laboratory on 18th of this month which tested negative. till now no menses. i had irregularities when i miss carried this year. i bleed for a whole month non stop. But right now i can only feel just to eat, anger, hot temperature..should i wait till end of this month and redo the preg. test....this feeling of sadness is eating me up..it is strange as i neva felt those before.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by celine28: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Dr. I need ur help, I got married 8 months ago, but yet to be pregnant. Formerly I went into ovulation calender calculation but uptil now, I am not yet pregnant, I kno nothing wrong with me or my husband maybe something we are not getting right. Any advice I will appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jessywake(f): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2013
thank you Doc for devouting your time to help us. you are one in a million.

Doc. on sept my mc started on 1 of october nd d mc for october started on 26 and now d one for November started on 25 as u can see my cycle is very irregular, pls when is my ovulation likely to start these month.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by comely(f): 11:11am On Nov 25, 2013
Hello Dr, Kudos to you for taking time to do your part on this forum, God bless you abundantly. I have been irregular since age 12 now 28,I menstrate 5-7 times in a year, it come as it pleases, TTC, I've seen a gynaecologist, run hormonal profile assay having hormonal imbalance, was place on duphaston 10mg 2ce a day when i was 22yrs which help me to mentrate, I stopped because I was scared of side effect, since I stopped my cycle has not been regular. Been TTC for a year now, my question is can I start duphaston again ?and which fertility drug I can combine with it? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
@comely pls check out trying to conceive thread. I hope U get something out of it. best of luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by comely(f): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Thanks joybik
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Preshila......I
really magnified your medical inclination to your problem.How do u know
ur REHYDRATION was just and ordinary DRIP? HG seems to be unexcusable
at most pregnancy at the 1st trimester and n regress in maternal
disturbances at early 2nd trimester.Folic acid is well knwn to prevent
SPINA BIFIDA n usage from as early as ur 1st trimester.It actually helps
in prevention,no lie but that is in a good percentage too.D occasion of not using for some period of ur early pregnancy may seems somehow,but we cant confirm if ur rehydration was just ordinary or mixture of wich ur antenatal vitamins may hid in.If the drip contains it...den u av no problem.Now,the drip definitely helps....both to avoid maternal problems and as well with fetal morbidity.Also,ur OBS may seems to put u at the ryt side of dealin with ur vomiting properly,allow u to eat in small bites and take ur normal routines.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
@chifreke......The
greatest thing u must not allow into ur life is DEPRESSION or any
PSYCHOTIC problem..whatever..d whatever.You are here also advice to
re-do the test.Since u avin some form of secondary
oligomenorrhoea(irregulation) using missing of period is longer a better
option to fixed it for pregnancy.Pls be relax!...pregnancy comes wen u
almost sound thinking daily of the positivity and possibility of with
even wen u av got once a miscarriage.If i were u,i would visit a GYN to do a pelvic exam on me.This is meant to oversee any challenges am having with my pelvis.Dont forget....ur GYN is also open to all psychological complaint and will definitely help to get to ur climax of happiness as health is concern.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Celine.....How
do u knw nothing is wrong with u?....Has dis bin confirmed by a
doctor?...Also,how do u count ur ovulatory phase?....Were u ryt in ur
counting? Hmm.......Not aving a pregnancy >6months of pregnancy is
termed with SECONDARY INFERTILITY,weda it cud be abnormal as with
SECONDARY AMENORRHOEA or no special cause as u subject dat u are
menstruating.Do u suffer irregulation sometyms?......However,if ur confirm is not in conformity with d clinic,u are best advice to visit a GYNAECOLOGIST which may see it possible to carryout a pelvic exam on to find any etiology to ur condition.He may seek to find any problems with ANOVULATION(no ovulation) although with some irregular bleedings or HORMONAL IMBALANCES.....of which a hormonal profile becomes important.Dnt waste any bit of time...do visit a GYN now...but patient is adviceable...ur pregnancy is AROUND THE CORNER....IJN
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
@jessywake......When women complain of irregularities with their MC,i asked them in return,Do u actually knwn ur MC for the 3 if 3 MC dat u av observed?..They ansa is NO from dem.Okay,do u knw the cycle of past one?...They ansa I get from dem is NO!....If u suffer fluctuation in MC,u av to visit a GYN to help over it.However,if we ar to calculate ur ovulation we actually need to knw ur CYCLE days and dis viable for women with constant cycle days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chifreke(f): 3:29am On Nov 26, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@chifreke......The
greatest thing u must not allow into ur life is DEPRESSION or any
PSYCHOTIC problem..whatever..d whatever.You are here also advice to
re-do the test.Since u avin some form of secondary
oligomenorrhoea(irregulation) using missing of period is longer a better
option to fixed it for pregnancy.Pls be relax!...pregnancy comes wen u
almost sound thinking daily of the positivity and possibility of with
even wen u av got once a miscarriage.If i were u,i would visit a GYN to do a pelvic exam on me.This is meant to oversee any challenges am having with my pelvis.Dont forget....ur GYN is also open to all psychological complaint and will definitely help to get to ur climax of happiness as health is concern.
u too much tanks..so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by celine28: 3:52am On Nov 26, 2013
Lucky-G-:
@Celine.....How
do u knw nothing is wrong with u?....Has dis bin confirmed by a
doctor?...Also,how do u count ur ovulatory phase?....Were u ryt in ur
counting? Hmm.......Not aving a pregnancy >6months of pregnancy is
termed with SECONDARY INFERTILITY,weda it cud be abnormal as with
SECONDARY AMENORRHOEA or no special cause as u subject dat u are
menstruating.Do u suffer irregulation sometyms?......However,if ur confirm is not in conformity with d clinic,u are best advice to visit a GYNAECOLOGIST which may see it possible to carryout a pelvic exam on to find any etiology to ur condition.He may seek to find any problems with ANOVULATION(no ovulation) although with some irregular bleedings or HORMONAL IMBALANCES.....of which a hormonal profile becomes important.Dnt waste any bit of time...do visit a GYN now...but patient is adviceable...ur pregnancy is AROUND THE CORNER....IJN
Doctor I can't thank u enough for taken out ur time to respond to me, may God bless u richly. Regarding ur questions from my calculation I do have ovulation after 14 days I don't know if I was right. Secondly, I do have irregular menstruation starting from last month if not usually I do see my period between 26 and 27 but this month was 24 and I don't know why, because I saw it 24th of october and that of this month was 17th of november. Normally I don't know the major and commonest sign that a lady is ovulating. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate Doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
@jessywake......For we to predict ur ovulation we really need to knw much about ur mc irregularity better.We need to atleast knw the starting and ending of 3 past menstrual cycle.We cannot predict ur ovulation date or day(s) if we also dont av ur menstrual cycle correctly.So this warrant u visit a physical GYN,dat myt help u to count it inclusively with other pelvic complaint u may also which to discuss with him.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
@jessywake.......If u av problem with irregular menstruation and u want to knw ur ovulation period,the best is for u to visit a doctor to count it better for u.He may take note of ur menstrual cycle history and from der make a possible average from which may arrive ur menstrual cycle.Ur ovulation can only be knwn better when u av and ideal of wat cycle u av monthly.This essential for the counting of ur mid-cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
@celine28......These
are the most commonest sign/symptoms of OVULATION 1)BREAST
TENDERNESS/PAINS 2)FEVER 3)INCREASE BASAL TEMP. 4)MID-CYCLE
PAIN(MITTLESCHERMZ) 5)INCREASE URINE FREQ 6)DIARRHEA(not in all women)
7)Release of STICKY but CLEAR/TRANSPARENT CERVICAL DISCHARGE dat bin
left dried of the pant may etch an egg pattern.Normally an OVULATION takes place when d FOLLICULAR PHASE of the menstrual cycle just terminate.The FOLLICULAR PHASE differ for all woman but constant for and individual woman.So,it seems a woman's OVULATION date is predictable with the knwledge of her FH phase and as well LH phase.U may use OVULATION KIT also to knw when u to ovulate also....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
@comely.........DUPHASTON
is a PROGESTERONE synthetic drug.Guess!.....DUPHASTON has numerous
usage.Doctors usually can use DUPHASTON for cases with
DYSMENORRHOEA(MENSTRUAL CRAMP),ENDOMETRIOSIS,HORMONAL
IMBALANCE,ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIA,LUTEAL
INSUFFICIENCY,OLIGOMENORRHOEA(IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION),AMENORRHOEA and
odas.However,i will advice that u visit ur GYN to advice u to use it
again or not to.The reason i advice so is that ur GYN knws ur history better.Before he rendered u DUPHASTON he should av screened down ur pelvic problem.If u have problem with INFERTILITY,let's say ability to av ur monthly menstruation.....Great news!...We have drugs for that and of n for diffrent categories of problem as with age/anovulation/n odas.Just visit ur GYN for such drugs!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by picki(f): 8:25am On Nov 28, 2013
Hello doctor, am still having creamy /watery discharge 4months postpartum. Been wearing pad ever since i gave birth till date. Av been to the hospital several times but will be given the usual antibiotics which am tired of taking. How do i stop the discharge, let me add that it is odorless but my pad will smell if i don't change it after like 10hours. My episiotomy still hurts wen i try to wee or poo.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lilzeez4luv: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hello house, am new here.. pls, doctors in d house cld u pls enlight me on wot is called "HEPATITIS B"

this is wot i just detected 3wks ago, though av gone to hospital a general hospital.... which d doctor just told me dat i will b fine
dat just a normal sickness, that thank God i found out early.... he placed me on LIVOLIN for a month, he said after a month i shud come bk for check up..

D issue is dat am a newly married man, my wife has applied for vaccine..

pls, doctors will dis affect our marriage ( child bearing issue)

pls explain to me plssss... save my lie nd save my marriage.

thanks for swift response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks doc for all your assistnt. Please help me, i feel so dizzy like the walls are rolling. Am 3month preg and someone said i should get a blood tonc. Dunno, which one you would recommend please...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
@picki......Do

you also experience fever? Do u also experience pains during
intercourse? Do you find this pains unbearable in ur menstruation? what
circumstances make this pains much worse for u? An EPISIOTOMY may heal
up,it all depends on the degree of trauma and cuts.However dis does not
liv the fact dat a strange but not healing PERINEAL TRAUMA(a cut from ur
vagina to the area binding ur anus) is not abnormal too.It is brought
to ur notice that such occurences of a vaginal cut not healing may be a
symptological connected with microbial activities.FOURNIER'S GANGRENE is
found to be much connected with male but in some chances women also
suffer this Instruments infection too.Women that often suffer FOURNIER'S
GANGRENE are those with badly repair EPISIOTOMY,dat had
HYSTERECTOMY(removal of the womb) n any from of GYNAECOLOGICAL
SURGERIES.FOURNIER'S GANGRENE is a POLYMICROBIAL INFECTION inwhich may
result puses from the cut and pains wen the cut is stimulated either
from the vagina or the ANUS.I am not saying u av this only by clinical
procedures can dis be confirmed.Keeping a pad for as long as 10Hrs about the vagina actually worsen it because the pad stock up infectious MICROBES dat may end up cosing u severities regarded to shock from streptococcal/staphylococcal activities.Although this common with TAMPONS but keeping still a pad there too long may aggravate such conditions.I would advice u visit a CLINIC for special MICROBE TEST.Visit a GYN to weigh the severity of ur trauma and the complication,he may choose to help u off with any less PERINEOPLASTY to help repair ur wound.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.