Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,234 members, 7,928,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 09:01 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (892343 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
@itiade
same to you and wishing you all the best a new year can bring!smiley

@moduperola
A blighted ovum is caused when an imperfect egg is fertilized by sperm. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. As for the low progesterone, this may be due to the blighted ovum and not because of anything wrong with you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ankeade: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2009
Hello Doctor K,

Please, kindly respond to my questions.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beautyn: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
Gudday Doc. I have my second child four years after the first one and he will be 5years march next year and there is no sign of pregnancy is any thing wrong with me? since I gave birth to him fours ago i have not been on contraceptive because i wanted to take in fast. pls. help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 8:13am On Dec 30, 2009
Dr kathy compliment of d season. Pls my recnt hormnal assay shows. Total T4- 5.6 , T3 RIA- 70, TSH- 2.8, FSH-52, LH- 164, prolactin- 12. Pls advice. Took eltroxin b4 d thyroid came normal, but 4 d odas been takn cycloprogynova -hrt but stil not respondn. Wat my gyn says kip takn it, but am scard of d side efcts pls come 2 ma aid. Tanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moduperola(f): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
Thanks Kathy for your explanation. God bless you.

But pls, is there any special thing like food or drug i can use that will help me get pregnant again and prevent misscarriages too. I mean somethg that can boost my general body wellbeing. Thanks once again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
^folic acid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
@olabola
I am saddened but angry. You seem to have the resources to know better. You call your doctors quacks but go to someone who sticks robb and alligator pepper in your womanliness to clean out the womb? Now that is out of the way, how far along were you with the first pregnancy? How old are you? Have you ever had any D&C or procedures on your cervix?
[quote][/quote]

yes i know for sure that was stupid of me. the first pregnancy was 23wks old and the second was 5wks 6days.

i am 28yrs old

yes i have had D&C in the past 5yrs. pls help me out
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bloodred(f): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
Hi doc, I am 28yrs old and 32weeks pregnant. 3days ago I started experiencing excruciating pain in my abdomen. I went to my gynae who examined me and concluded that I had uterine fibroid and that's what is causing the pain. He prescribed pain killers for a week and some sleep meds.he said nothing more can be done and discharged me. He didn't do any scan to determine how many or the location. He also didn't mention if there are any risks I should expect.I also want to know if the pain will last thru out the remaining 8weeks. I also read something abt red degeneration. Can u shed more light on that? thanks for you help and happy new year.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:49am On Jan 04, 2010
@ankeade
Unfortunately, I can't think of any way of explaining things any simpler than I have already done. "drawback" means side effect which mean that if you use the medication, you will not ovulate (release an egg) which means you will not get pregnant. Affecting the cavity ( the space between the muscles of the womb) means that your fibroid will cause bleeding and could affect your ability to carry a baby to term(9months)

@beautyn
How old are you? How much do you weigh? Are your periods regular?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:51am On Jan 04, 2010
@venuss
What day of your cycle was this blood drawn?

@moduperola
thiefofhearts is right. folic acid. I would suggest starting prenatal vitamins
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:57am On Jan 04, 2010
@olabola
My suspicion is that you have cervical incompetence. This means a weak cervix and it is associated with procedures (such as d&C). The early miscarriage is likely due to circumstances you can't control i.e. genetics. I would suggest for your next pregnancy, you get a cerclage placed. It is a stitch in the cervix to hold it together. You will also need progesterone supplementation to decrease your risk of preterm labor. One last piece of advice, find a doctor you trust and respect before even thinking of getting pregnant again

@bloodred
congrats on the baby. Degenerating fibroid occurs when a fibroid grows so much that it outgrows its blood supply and starts to die. As it dies, it releases chemical which cause pain and in some patients contractions and fever. It is managed conservatively i.e. pain meds. you will feel better soon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tammyswits(f): 8:41am On Jan 04, 2010
Dear doc, am speakin on behalf of many young women, there is an increased use of the morning after pill, young women take it so often, what are the likely long term effects on future fertility, and what can they do now to prevent any possible further damage? I advised a friend to stay away from the pills till she gets married she is 24 and planning to get married at 29, will the five years make a difference as she has been experiencing irregular periods, and some brown period, every time she takes the pill, is she ok?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2010
The reason for the pain is likely due to your lack of arousal so your partner is hitting your cervix which is the opening to the womb. This causes pain. As for your lack of desire, do you have regular periods?

No i don't have regular period, i bring the issue to your notice before and u ask me to go for HS something test which i went but i was told they don't know any test of such,
i was ask to go for scan in order to see if there is anything in my abdomen which i did, but nothing was found.
I also told u about the brownish color of my period and the short days it lasted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2010
Hi Dr. Kathy, Happy and prosperous new year to you.May the  year 2010 bring your way all the good things you desire. Long live our dear doctor, long live Nairaland!

Is there any risk associated with  much sweating in a baby? Since Ive had my baby he's been sweating a lot. In short he sweats more than both of us his parents put together. People Ive asked keep saying 'eeehn, he's going to be big, that's why he sweats so much , blah-blah!'. Ive always forgotten to ask his doctor when we visit him but in the meantime let me hear your opinion. I do hope all is well with him oh. Thanks for usual support. kiss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by skimpyjoy: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2010
PELVIC SCAN

scan revealed anteverted, non gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border. It measures about 64x53x42mm in longitudinal,tranverse and AP diameter. No fibroid nodules idenified. Both myometrium and endometrium are preserved and normal. The right adnexae is free unilaterally.

However, noted noted at the left adnexae is free moderately defined hypo-echoic oval shaped cystic density measuring about 63x64mm in size. Feature is in line with right-sided corpus luteum cyst. There is a sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is consistent with PID.

IMPRESSION:

Overall sonographic assessment depicts:

Right-sided corpus luteum cyst

PID

NB: HVS m/c/c exam is encouraged.

Above is the scan I went for and I took the result to the Doc and I was Placed under the following Drugs

Vetrocap
Diclofenac
Secwid
Ampiclox
Ciprotab
Spardum
Genytamycin injection for five days

Am through with drugs and I felt relieved am back home but after a week the pain is back again, my stomach is paining me with abdominal pain and the right side of my stomach, the pain of the right side is even worst and am kind of feeling back pain and am loosing weight fast every day, my right leg is weak and I dont feel like eating anything.

Am sad and tired of this sickness as I heard it can lead to kidney problem.

Doc pls help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by skimpyjoy: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
PELVIC SCAN

scan revealed anteverted, non gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border. It measures about 64x53x42mm in longitudinal,tranverse and AP diameter. No fibroid nodules idenified. Both myometrium and endometrium are preserved and normal. The right adnexae is free unilaterally.

However, noted noted at the left adnexae is free moderately defined hypo-echoic oval shaped cystic density measuring about 63x64mm in size. Feature is in line with right-sided corpus luteum cyst. There is a sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is consistent with PID.

IMPRESSION:

Overall sonographic assessment depicts:

Right-sided corpus luteum cyst

PID

NB: HVS m/c/c exam is encouraged.

Above is the scan I went for and I took the result to the Doc and I was Placed under the following Drugs

Vetrocap
Diclofenac
Secwid
Ampiclox
Ciprotab
Spardum
Genytamycin injection for five days

Am through with drugs and I felt relieved am back home but after a week the pain is back again, my stomach is paining me with abdominal pain and the right side of my stomach, the pain of the right side is even worst and am kind of feeling back pain and am loosing weight fast every day, my right leg is weak and I dont feel like eating anything.

Am sad and tired of this sickness as I heard it can lead to kidney problem

Doc pls help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by HERO111: 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2010
Dr Kathy and Others may God continue to lift u high in life.
Thank you for all your free medical advises you offer us in here. Keep the good work going.
I was recently down in health with symptoms such as back ache, dizziness and rashes on my face and chest as well as big pimples. i went to c the Dr, i was tested the following is the result(Please help me to explain what the result means):
URINE: color:pale yellow, appearance: clear, ph 8.0 sp gr 1.005
BLOOD:
mp +
wbc 3,900
hb pc 42%

Please what is the implication of this result?
I await ur reply in a hurry.
thank u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ ammamat
Your last post with regards to your period, you said your periods were regular but scanty. I recommended getting a blood test called fsh on the third day of your period to check your ovaries. I never told you to get a procedure.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by estilo(f): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
Doc, pls can you recommend for me where I can do Mammography Test.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MAITEMA(m): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2010
Hello Doc,
Please kindly advise on what options (safe contraceptives or otherwise) they are for me to have unprotected sex and avoid impregnating my partner. We are trying to avoid unplanned pregnancies.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:21am On Jan 05, 2010
@tammyswits
It doesn't have any long term effects on fertility. The brown discharge is part of the process. I would advise your friend to try other forms of contraception.

@titilaelae
unfortunately, peds is not my area of expertise but if the baby is eating and growing well, I wouldn't worry too much. Make sure to ask your pediatrician at the next visit
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:24am On Jan 05, 2010
@hero111
It looks like there were white blood cells and possibly blood in your urine. I can't tell if this was a clean catch. I'm not sure a urinalysis will help with the symptoms you describe. What other tests were done?

@estilo
Your best bet is to ask your gyn for a referral
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:26am On Jan 05, 2010
@maitema
After a detailed history and physical, your girlfriend's gyn would be able to make recommendations. Ask her to set up a visit
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MAITEMA(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2010
kathyekiti:

@maitema
After a detailed history and physical, your girlfriend's gyn would be able to make recommendations. Ask her to set up a visit
MAITEMA:

Hello Doc,
Please kindly advise on what options (safe contraceptives or otherwise) they are for me to have unprotected sex and avoid impregnating my partner. We are trying to avoid unplanned pregnancies.
Thanks.

Dear Doc, I actually meant how can I avoid impregnating. I am the one keen on avoidance. I do not mean a vasectomy but other safer options if they are.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Apholayhan: 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
Doc,
Can you please check my posts I posted it twice but unfortunately I cant find it, pls help me check so that you can give answers to them.

Its the only post I had, I purposely joined this forum because of this question.
Pls help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2010
Your last post with regards to your period, you said your periods were regular but scanty. I recommended getting a blood test called fsh on the third day of your period to check your ovaries. I never told you to get a procedure.

Sorry i don't understand what u mean by getting a procedure.

Yeah i actually went for blood test but it was not the fsh, and plz what is FSH?

I was ask in the hospital to do the scan, am not saying is u that ask me to go for that.

so am very sorry if my post is being complicated.

But i will go for the test and i will surely let u know the result,
meanwhile happy new year.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kfrancise(f): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2010
Hi Kathy Compliment of the season,
I got married recently but am having problem with my husband sexually.
Whenever we are making love, he releases very fast not up to 2 seconds or immediatlely his penis touched my vargina intead of coming inside me he will come all over my body. But when am on top of him, he will not realse quick and i notice again that he gets tried very fast.
Whats really the problem with him?
Please doctor advice us on what to do as this is giving me sleepness nite.
Will this make me not to get pregnant?
I await your reply.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ladyjay1(f): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2010
dr kathy i went 4 d progesterone test on 21st day of mi period,n d result stated that i am ovulating,plz doc could u recommend d drugs i can take take 4 d mild hyperprolactinaemia,i would really appreciate it.because my doctor has not given me anything.thanx alot doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Apholayhan: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2010
Dear Doc Kathy, your attention is needed in the Medical thread by Doc naijaking and I

Check post 1561 of Doc Kathy.

Pls its urgent.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by HERO111: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2010
kathyekiti:

@hero111
It looks like there were white blood cells and possibly blood in your urine.  I can't tell if this was a clean catch.   I'm not sure a urinalysis will help with the symptoms you describe.  What other tests were done?

Dr, Kathy, yea another test that was carried out was widal test which the Dr. said i have typhoid x2 in addition to MP +
i was given some drugs such as amoxil caps, septrine, pcm, malaria tabs, bco, multivite, etc.
But i  will still like to hear your opinion on d test. And wat can u say about my wbc of 3,900, and wats d meaning of  hb pc 42%? is d percentage of watever ok?
thnx alot
waiting,]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by HERO111: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2010
kathyekiti:

@hero111
It looks like there were white blood cells and possibly blood in your urine.  I can't tell if this was a clean catch.   I'm not sure a urinalysis will help with the symptoms you describe.  What other tests were done?

Dr, Kathy, yea another test that was carried out was widal test which the Dr. said i have typhoid x2 in addition to MP +
i was given some drugs such as amoxil caps, septrine, pcm, malaria tabs, bco, multivite, etc.
But i  will still like to hear ur opinion on d test. And wat can u say about my wbc of 3,900, and wats d meaning of  hb pc 42%? is d percentage of watever ok?
thnx alot
waiting,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aniody: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2010
Heloo Doctor Kathy, is good to know u are till arround, you have been of great help to this forum.God bless you, please Doc, i want to know why my mensural cycle change after i had my second baby, it used to be 28 and very consistent after i had my baby who is 9month and some weeks old now my cycle changed and kind of became irregular, some time will be 29, 30 or even 31 day. please i need an urgent help ok. wHY IS IS SO?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.