Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,843 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Top Ten Mistakes Bloggers Make - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Ten Mistakes Bloggers Make (623 Views)

7 Mistakes Bloggers Make That Defame Their Blogs By Mediapace / Top Ten Mistakes Bloggers Make - Part Three / Top Ten Mistakes Bloggers Make - Part Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Mistakes Bloggers Make by news9ja: 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mistake No.1: No Focus/No Direction
Blogging gives you the right to talk about eventually anything, this is way too much freedom and you are carried away by such unlimited powers. Talking about anything does not mean you must talk about everything. You must create a niche for yourself and build an audience. My love for Ben Duka is not because I saw him in my dreams but because he knows what blogging is all about. I would easily pick him as one of the best gaming writers in the world.

I only play PlayStation, but when I stumped upon the website he writes for, I became an automatic reader and grew my knowledge on gaming; production, advertisement, censoring, ratings, sales and lots more.

The bottom-line is for you to pick a niche and develop it.

Mistake No.2: Including too Much Ads
One of the mistakes webmasters and bloggers make is to clutter their blog with ads. While trying to break-even is the primary aim of many bloggers, you must not annoy your readers with ads.

Google Adsense ToS ensures that you use only three ads per page, even at that alot of people still flood their page with other advertising network and banners.

I would recommend only two Adsense placement per page, you may think I have gone nots, but I am pretty sure I can talk about Adsense at a much latter date.

Continue Reading

(1) (Reply)

5 Wordpress Plugins You’ll Need For Your Start-up Blog / In Need Of A Web/mobile Partner Who Will Share My Mobile/web Dreams With Me / Thanks To Winexviv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.