Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,296 members, 7,894,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:50 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23961 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mtim14(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2012
You can say anything you like about the bible but u can never say the bible tell xtians ''to be violent'' or kill unbelivers.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Isnt it the bible that fails at this?

so if the bible does not give the cue/green light science does not know what next?

Let them explain about chinese and all other race "man" evolving they preach.

Let science give an explanation for that, the bible has don what is necessary.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2012
2good:

This is the height of ignorance. I cannot stand religious bigots because their level of irrationality and narrow mindedness is just annoying and to the extreme. Give me a scientific paper and the theories that support your claim that the extra 1/4 day is the duration that the sun stood still. For your information, if the earth is 4.54 billion years old geologically, then we would have had an etra 0.25*4.54billion= 1.135billion years.
Then to give you a little benefit of the doubt by assuming that the earth is 6,000 years old based on biblical stories, then it means there have been an additional 0.25*6000=1,500 years so far. Are you saying the earth stood still in the presence of Joshua for 1,500 years(if we use the bible) or 1.135 billion years(geological time) when the oldest man in the world according to the bible is less than 1500 years? Does that make any sense to you at all? You have a brain so please use it to think before you type anything in the public. You make the people with Science and Engineering background in this forum look daft by engaging people like you in a discussion.

Hey Mr. Scientist/Engineer, the earth revolution around the Sun was normal until the day of the battle. There's nothing ignorant in what I wrote. For instance, it's just like how a permanent increase in cost price of a product affects the selling price, the extra cost has to be added. Do you get it?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Chudiking(m): 9:30am On Sep 18, 2012
All d mouthd nd noise making of d BIBLE smthng dat u dnt knw. Seek 4 smone to tell u, mind u dat quran is copyrightd 4rm BIBLE..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Hey Mr. Scientist/Engineer, the earth revolution around the Sun was normal until the day of the battle. There's nothing ignorant in what I wrote. For instance, it's just like how a permanent increase in cost price of a product affects the selling price, the extra cost has to be added. Do you get it?
Mr Liar..We can look back in time to billions of light years ago uptil 10 ^ -45 planks time after the big bang and its a fact that NO day is missing and the earth's revolution can be shifted so we can obtain variances but NO day and i repeat NO day is missing..I wonder what your evidence is.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by megxo(m): 9:36am On Sep 18, 2012
science births from failed test n assumptions........
unwarranted conclusion........
confusing d mind of humans........
its more lyk d tower of BABEL stunt, n d human nature wantin 2 know more.....

pls if u wanna practice atheism, do it in peace..(atheist n atheism,jst anoda random science-english word)

dont start comparing unnecessarily
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:36am On Sep 18, 2012
truthislight:

must you lie?

WHERE did it say it is flat like a coin?

You belief whatever you wish.
I am showing that there are words with different description
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Of course the book of books, the oldest book with the latest news answered it all. Let Science come out with it's practical explanation, then I will show you where the Bible explained it.
You must be joking...Sumerian Tablets are older than biblical writting..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2012
The devil is working hard to convince the world he doesn't exist & these ignorant heathens are busy buying it ; what a pity! Keep fulfilling prophecy grin the time for your sorrow is coming!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Are you intentionally trying to be stu.pid? so your phone/pc on which you are typing is not solving human problems?..Does god speak to the church? Yes or no? If the church truly err's has god not erred? Church matter neva send millions to grave ni?

guy, am sometime TAKE BACK by what you say,

when i wish to take you seriouse you come up with such.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2012
truthislight:

guy, am sometime TAKE BACK by what you say,

when i wish to take you seriouse you come up with such.
Our thread is waiting anyway..Did you see what he posted? how can any one claim that science has not helped to solve human problem? Isnt that stu.pid?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Jettage: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2012
PLEASE ASK science how many years it took her to Know that the world is Spherical when the Book Of Isaiah had already recorded that it was God who sat on the Circle of the earth. Please the Bible is More accurate than any Book IN THE WORLD that was why Islam had to steal the stories of Bible thought they messed it up to their doom
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2012
muktar mtt: I told u xristanity is not true religion is jst a cover up nd. Y r dey even changin dey text content old nd new cn u imagin,

You're right, Christianity is not a religion. In fact God didn't made mention of it anywhere in the Bible.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Our thread is waiting anyway..Did you see what he posted? how can any one claim that science has not helped to solve human problem? Isnt that stu.pid?

what is the purpose?

Give me an insight.

That guy fresky seems to have answered that Job question on this thread, did you not see it?

(I wish if we head there we have rational things to discuss) give the cue
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Roon9(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2012
manmustwac: Trust me even if I say the Bible SUCKS, its full of Jewish fairytales or that Heaven only exists in your imagination. Trust me by this time tomorrow nothing would've happened. Do you know why? Its because God is imaginary but since your blinded by your religious belief you'll never know that.
SURELY AS I LIVE ALL FLESH WIL BOW B4 ♍ƺ....... Imagine ppo as rebellious as. Dem 1day face 2 face wit the ӐLMIGHTY... Smh! I pity dia soul
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2012
@shitbrainfowowe411,Dendrochronology is a method of scientific dating which is based on annual tree growth patterns called tree rings. The rings are the result of changes in the tree's growth speed over the year (since trees grow faster in the summer and slower in the winter). The age of a tree can be found by counting the rings and is the only method on this list that can date events precisely to a single year.

Now, any date derived from one individual tree is not in itself contradictory to the recent creation doctrine, since even the longest lived types of tree do not live longer than 5,000 years or so. However, it is possible to extend the chronology back over many different trees. Because the thickness of tree rings varies with the climate, a sequence of thick ring, thin ring, thin ring, thick ring, thick ring, thick ring, thin ring, thick ring is strong evidence that the corresponding rings formed at the same time. By observing and analyzing the rings of many different trees from the same area, including fossil trees, the tree ring chronology has been pushed back in some areas as far as 11,000 years...........................it is you who is the fool!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2012
@shitbrainfowowe,
The fact that distant starlight can be seen on earth has always been a major problem for the young earth idea. Because the speed of light is finite, when you look at an object, what you are actually seeing is an image of that object from the past. On Earth, the delay caused by this phenomenon is incredibly minor — when you look at an object a mile away, you are seeing it as it was five microseconds ago. When you look at the sun, you are seeing it as it was 8.3 minutes ago.[8]

But on the cosmic scale of things, this delay is far from minor. When astronomers look at the closest star to Earth (Alpha Centauri), which is roughly four light years away, they are seeing the star as it was four years ago. When astronomers look at objects in the region of space known as the "Hubble ultra deep field", they are seeing the stars there as they were over ten billion years ago.............................YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FOOL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by concordetz: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2012
I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE ARGUMENT HERE AGAINST THE HOLY BIBLE IS DONE TO THE ARGUERS DETRIMENT, THE FACT THAT THE BIBLE IS ERROR FREE IS CERTAIN AND ANYONE RAISING CONVOLUTED ISSUES WILL UNDERSTAND THAT SELLING ONESELF TO BE USED OF THE DEVIL BY BOLDLY WRITING THINGS JUST TO WIN OVER VIEWS WILL NOT HELP ONE HEREAFTER . LOOK AT THE WOES OF ATHEISM AND CONFUSION OTHER religions(false) CREATED FOR THE WORLD TERROISM, BOMBINGS,KILLING FOR a god(dead and incompetent) BECAUSE A MORTAL MAN INSULTED him, ANYONE WILL START RIOTING TO DEFEND him. IT REMINDS ME THE CASE ELIJAH AND baal prophets. IT IS A BIG SHAME THAT MAN AS WISE AS HE IS COULD BE DELUDED . IT IS RATHER A SHAME THAT MAN WILL DEVOTE HIS GOD GIVEN WISDOM TO ARGUE AGAINST HIM AND HIS WORD.
ONE DAY YOU STAND NAKED AT THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST UNABLE TO RETRACT YOUR WRITINGS, SPEECHES AND WAYS OF LIFE. THE USELESS FASTING,GIVING OF ALMS AND ATTEMPTING GOOD WORKS AND SACRIFICES DONE OUTSIDE THE LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WOULD FIZZLE OUT AND YOU WILL LEFT EMPTY ,RUINED,EVERLASTINGLY DOOMED IN A FIRE THAT WILL NEVER BE QUENCHED AND WORMS THAT WILL NEVER DIE (MARK 9 VERSE 43—47)
THE SWEET THING IS THAT FOR NOW , IT NOT TOO LATE. JUST OPEN UP TO GOD, ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR HOPELESS STATE AS A SINNER, CONFESS YOUR SIN , REPENT FROM ALL OF THEM, ACKNOWLEDGE CHRIST AS THE ONLY ONE WHO DIED AND ROSE UP FOR YOUR SAKE AND HAVE FAITH IN GOD THAT HE HAS SAVED YOU AS HE PROMISED IN HIS WORD PROVERB 28 VERSE 13. READ THE BIBLE DAILY FOR MORE INSPIRATIONS FROM GOD. FIND A GOOD CHURCH TO ATTEND . CONTRATULATIONS IT IS DONE

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Roon9(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2012
2good:

This is the height of ignorance. I cannot stand religious bigots because their level of irrationality and narrow mindedness is just annoying and to the extreme. Give me a scientific paper and the theories that support your claim that the extra 1/4 day is the duration that the sun stood still. For your information, if the earth is 4.54 billion years old geologically, then we would have had an etra 0.25*4.54billion= 1.135billion years.
Then to give you a little benefit of the doubt by assuming that the earth is 6,000 years old based on biblical stories, then it means there have been an additional 0.25*6000=1,500 years so far. Are you saying the earth stood still in the presence of Joshua for 1,500 years(if we use the bible) or 1.135 billion years(geological time) when the oldest man in the world according to the bible is less than 1500 years? Does that make any sense to you at all? You have a brain so please use it to think before you type anything in the public. You make the people with Science and Engineering background in this forum look daft by engaging people like you in a discussion.
U̶̲̥̅̊ ӑ learned man apparently, sir cn U̶̲̥̅̊ xplain 2 ♍ƺ scientifically hw D̶̲̥̅̊ information in D̶̲̥̅̊ DNA got dia.
Cn U̶̲̥̅̊ prove D̶̲̥̅̊ evolution theory on paper.
Hav U̶̲̥̅̊ nevr in ur life had xperiences that defiles human xplanation
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ honestly think dt LIFE ends @ DEATH.... Ponder on these sir. Seun make una bring muslim or budha own com make we judge now.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2012
@SHITHEADFOWOWE411,
A geomagnetic reversal is a change in the polarity of the Earth's magnetic field. The frequency at which these reversals occur varies greatly, but they usually happen once every 50,000 to 800,000 years, and generally take thousands of years.[14] This fact is obviously inconsistent with the young earth idea; around 171 reversals are geologically documented, which would make the earth at least several millions of years old............................JUST KIKE YOUR FOOLISH PASTORS WHO HAVE BEEN FUCKING OTHER PEOPLE'S WIVES SINCE DAY 1,YOU ARE SURELY A FOOL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2012
@SHITHHEADFOWOWE411,
Helioseismology

The composition of the sun changes as it ages. The differing composition changes the way sound waves behave inside the sun. Using helioseismic methods (models of pressure waves in the sun), the age of the sun can be inferred. Using this method, an Italian team came up with an age of 4.57 +/- 0.11 billion years....................................SHITHEAD AND FOOL,WHEN LAST DID YOU GO FOR A BRAIN CHECK!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Kay17: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2012
Disappointing religious comments.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2012
Iron-manganese nodule growth
An iron-manganese nodule

Beryllium-10 (10Be) produced by cosmic rays shows that iron-manganese nodule growth is one of the slowest geological phenomena. It takes several million years to form one centimeter (and some are the size of potatoes).[22] Cosmic ray produced 10Be is produced by the interactions of protons and neutrons with nitrogen and oxygen. It then reaches the earth via snow or rain. Since it is reactive, it gets absorbed by detritus material, within a timespan of about 300 years- very short compared to its half-life. Thusly, 10Be is excellent for use in dating marine sediment....................FOWOWE419,YOU ARE SUCH A SHIT HEAD AND A FOOL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2012
Lack of DNA in fossils

Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), the universal carrier of genetic information, is present in all organisms while they are alive. When they die, their DNA begins to decay under the influence of hydrolysis and oxidation. The speed of this decay varies on a number of factors. Sometimes, the DNA will be gone within one century, and in other conditions, it will persist for as many as one million years. The average amount of time detectable DNA will persist though is somewhere in the middle; given physiological salt concentrations, neutral pH, and a temperature of 15 °C, it would take around 100,000 years for all the DNA in a sample to decay to undetectable levels.[23]

If fossils of the dinosaurs were less than 6,000 years old, detectable fragments of DNA should be present in a sizable percent of dinosaur fossils, especially in the Arctic and Antarctic regions where the decay of DNA can be slowed down 10-25 fold. A claim that soft tissues in a Tyrannosaurus fossil had been recovered in 2005[24] have since been shown to be mistaken,[25] supporting the idea that dinosaur fossils are extremely old.

FOWOWE419,GO TO THE STREETS AND MARKERT YOUR 419 BIBLE AND SAY HELLO TO ALL YOUR 419 PASTORS,FOOL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Kay17: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2012
What is the possible consequence of a stagnant Sun to Earth, other than nothing, thus betraying Joshua's ignorance of astronomy.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2012
Length of the prehistoric day

Work by John W. Wells of Cornell University, New York has shown that certain pieces of extremely old coral show evidence of a growth rate which reflects a time when a year had 400 days of 22 hours each.[27] Because the rate of change of the rotation of the earth is relatively predictable—about 0.005 seconds per year—one can calculate the last time a year had 400 days, which was about 370 million years ago (which is also about the same as radiometric dating of the coral).........................FOWOWE419,YOUR BRAIN MUST BE FILLED WITH SHIT,THANK GOD(OR SHOULD I SAY SATAN)THAT I AM NOT A SHITMAN LIKE YOU,FOOL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2012
Naica megacrystals

The Naica Mine of Chihuahua, Mexico is the home of some of the largest gypsum crystals on earth. Specimens in the area have been found to exceed 11 meters in length and 1 meter in width. Based on classical crystal growth theory, these crystals are older than one million years...................................NO WONDER THEY SLEEP WITH LITTLE BOYS IN YOUR CHURCHES,FOWOWE419 AND SHITHEAD,FOOL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2012
Relativistic jets
A drawing of quasar GB1508 and its relativistic jet

A relativistic jet is a jet of plasma that is ejected from some quasars and galaxy centers that have powerful magnetic fields. It is conjectured that the jets are driven by the twisting of magnetic fields in an accretion disk (the plate-like cloud of matter) found encircling many celestial objects. In super-massive bodies, immensely strong magnetic fields force plasma from the accretion disk into a jet that shoots away perpendicular to the face of the disk. In some cases, these columns of plasma have been found to extend far enough to refute the idea of a young universe.

For example, the quasar PKS 1127-145 has a relativistic jet exceeding one million light years in length.[37] Because the speed of light cannot be exceeded by any known form of matter, this column must be over one million years old. Moreover, these jets are generally billions of light years from Earth, meaning they were at least a million years old several billion years ago due, again, to the speed of light.........................................FOWOWE419,TI IS A SHAME THAT SHITHEADS LIKE YOU MANAGED TO GET INTO THE GENE POOL WHILE THE LIFE GUARD WAS NOT ON DUTY!!!FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Mr Liar..We can look back in time to billions of light years ago uptil 10 ^ -45 planks time after the big bang and its a fact that NO day is missing and the earth's revolution can be shifted so we can obtain variances but NO day and i repeat NO day is missing..I wonder what your evidence is.

If didn't claim a day is missing or added. What I want you to know is that the 1/4 days that resulted from what happened in Joshua's days was what led to the additional 0.25 days we have today, and which resulted into a day added in a leap year.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Niflheim(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2012
Rock varnish

Rock varnish is a coating that will form on exposed surface rocks. The varnish is formed as airborne dust accumulates on rock surfaces. This process is extremely slow; between 4 μm and 40 μm of material forms on the rock every thousand years, and instances of 40 μm of accumulation are very rare.[38] Because the rate of accumulation is generally constant, measuring the depth of the varnish can provide dates for objects up to 250,000 years old................................................FOWOWE419,JUST LIKE THE PASTORS WHO SAY YOU NEED FAITH BUT THEN TAKE THEIR KIDS TO THE HOSPITAL WHEN THEIR KIDS ARE SICK,FOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!YOUR PASTOR SHOULD HAVE USED THE CHARIOT OF EZEKIEL INSTEAD OF BOARDING AEROPLANE!!!!!A TOILET IS NOT THE ONLY PLACE TO FIND SHIT,INFACT IT IS ABUNDANT IN YOUR BRAIN!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2012
na wa ooo..... this mkmyers45 of a guy self... i dont understand oo!!, so u still dey drag for this issue since yesterday,..... if u know that science is better that ur quran fine by me..... ut what i know is that, My BIBLE is far far far far accurate than science...shekina !! wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by miqos02(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2012
@niflheim.
u have a lot of issues with this fowowe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / The Kalām Cosmological Argument

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.