Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,985 members, 7,925,079 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 10:05 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (24076 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Ranoscky(m): 1:59am On Sep 18, 2012
*Chillaxin with a bottle of Carlsberg, followin thread quietly*
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 2:04am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Are you afraid of stepping out of the box?

hahaha,

the thread made front page and you are bothering yourself with all comment.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 2:12am On Sep 18, 2012
charloski:

not that am not a science guy, i love science... i was watch this clip about an EX church of Satan memeber... this guy said some things that really gave me a light bulb.. he said that wen he was there that he was told that the theory about the evolution about man by Charles Darwin was given to him by the devil... just to confuse human about the existence of GOD...... so can u imagine how many minds that theory has polluted.... that man was made from growing apes ... u self think am nah.....

hahaha.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by kmariko: 3:16am On Sep 18, 2012
To The Bible Believers.

1. Who else was created by the Biblical God besides Adam and Eve.
2. Did the Adam family commit incest.
3. Was Adam a blackman, an Asian or an Indian.
4. Were the Chinese, koreans and indonesians or aboriginals from Australia also living in Egypt.
5. Were Chinese history older or younger than the Biblical history.
6. Did Adam write a thesis about his life in Eden.
7. Who told the first bible writer how the earth was created if no one was there.
9. Was it the biblical God that taught the Chinese how to write their Language or the Indians their sanskrit which is much older than the Hebrew language.
10. Was the biblical god instrumental in the creation of Budhism, Sikhism and other Languages.
11. Does the Biblical God has a hand in the civilisation of the Azteca and the Incas.
12. Where in your bible did it mention the separation of the Gowandaland.
13. How come you all are consumed by the history of the middle East.

I will rest here for a while

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by dabigwalls: 3:21am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Indeed Science changes but if not for the evolution of science humanity would have gone extinct..

Quite a simple and concise piece of nonsense you got there. Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Sagewood: Interesting thread. I am waiting for science / evolution to explain the divergence in the human race. How do u explain chinese, white, black, hispanic, Arabs, Indian, etc? Did white evolve from black or chinese?
Isnt it the bible that fails at this?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:39am On Sep 18, 2012
KINGwax: i shld biliv you're a muslim by the cliche 'Almighty'. Now, u said the bible depicts God as fearing human by scattering them all over while buildin the tower, well answer this, ' is your Almighty that docile that u have to draw swords and throw bombs on his behalf'?
Try again grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:39am On Sep 18, 2012
jude33084:

Are U̶̲̅ normal?

Where ♏en speaks, kids listen angry
Go back to class bom boi..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:40am On Sep 18, 2012
truthislight:

hahaha.
Im trying grin anyway im waiting for you on the new thread.. grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:41am On Sep 18, 2012
dabigwalls:

Quite a simple and concise piece of nonsense you got there. Well done.
Yes and that nonsense freed humanity from the dark ages
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:47am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Chairman, the plague that affected the livestocks in Egypt that time did affected only the flocks of the Egyptians. It's just like when the Destructive Angel killed all the firstborns in Egypt and spare the Israelites. The Israelites lived in another part of Egypt named Goshen.
and affected egyptian horses magically re-arose and started pulling chariots..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:48am On Sep 18, 2012
linearity:

...but aren't you ignoring the fact that science have taken much more of its killings as well...like atomic bomb, nuclear bomb...The Prime Minister of Israel came of TV the other day and start rallying the world against Iran...and there are some rumors that he might strike Iran in anytime...all because of some scientific developments in Iran and he is going to use science to strike them as well.

Hope you saw the cynicism in my comments...my point is Science and religion are both forces of good and evil, it all boils down to the individual(s).
grin grin and the fight of Isreal and Iran is scientific? i laugh..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:51am On Sep 18, 2012
chic 91: . y do we av 365& a quarter (1/4) days per year
thats how long it takes the earth to complete a revolution..its 365.256363 days per year
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:53am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Science actually teaches there are 365 and one quarter days in a year. That's why every three years (of 365 days), the fourth year will carry one additional day in February.

The extra 1/4 day (6 hours) on all the years was the duration which sun stayed still in the days of Joshua.

Next..
Theoretical nansense..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 4:55am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

The reason why science could not simply explain what's responsible for the size of rain drops from time to time, why it rains in some regions and snow in other regions, how a simple green caterpillar changes to a winged colourful butterfly overnight, the origin of wind, or why all the perennial crops trees like orange tree fruit at the same time, why science cannot design ba camera with the same resolution as the human eye...I can go on and on. Have you ever considered why there are natural things and artificial ones? Come on give glory to the Creator of nature.

Bros, Science doesn't have all the answers.
Neithes does the bible/quran etc
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Omoswags(m): 6:00am On Sep 18, 2012
BE CAREFUL WHAT U SAY ABOUT D BIBLE... EXCEPT U HAVE A WISH OF DYING SOON... SEUN PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.. EXCEPT U'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN, WHICH I ALREADY SUSPECT.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 18, 2012
Kay 17:

Philosophy is Mother of Physics
Concurred. Without philosophy, there's no science!

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Neithes does the bible/quran etc
Bro, have u ever read the Quran. It contains numerous and uncountable scientific evidences.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 6:29am On Sep 18, 2012
Omoswags: BE CAREFUL WHAT U SAY ABOUT D BIBLE... EXCEPT U HAVE A WISH OF DYING SOON... SEUN PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.. EXCEPT U'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN, WHICH I ALREADY SUSPECT.

y d u want to close d thread. I am a christian and i opend this thread. If u hate it, keep quiet or walk down d road and go hug transformer
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by odehaj: 6:55am On Sep 18, 2012
@tobechi You are a Christian on lips. True Christians would know that the sin against th Holy Ghost is un pardonable. Mt.12:32 U pull a thread for people to say all kinds of junks so that u will laugh &catch fun abi?.try that with d quran&see what they
will do to you,remove your head &fix it on a stake,nonesense!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by atrix4g(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Just saw dis in d biblee dat satan took jesus to a very great height nd showed him all of d world. Wow earth don flat b dat ooo or na lie
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by atrix4g(m): 6:59am On Sep 18, 2012
odehaj: @tobechi You are a Christian on lips. True Christians would know that the sin against th Holy Ghost is un pardonable. Mt.12:32 U pull a thread for people to say all kinds of junks so that u will laugh &catch fun abi?.try that with d quran&see what they
will do to you,remove your head &fix it on a stake,nonesense!

Hey nonsense im sure if u try it wit d quran d muslims will ttrash u out.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by odehaj: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2012
tobechi20:

y d u want to close d thread. I am a christian and i opend this thread. If u hate it, keep quiet or walk down d road and go hug transformer
@tobechi You are a Christian on lips. True Christians would know that the sin against th Holy Ghost is un pardonable. Mt.12:32 U pull a thread for people to say all kinds of junks so that u will laugh &catch fun abi?.REPENT NOW or be visited by legion demons.some of you will be incurring curse on you &your children try that with d quran&see what they will do to you,remove your head &fix it on a stake,nonesense!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by atrix4g(m): 7:01am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Isnt it the bible that fails at this?
abeg quran no fail for dis one ooo
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Oyawuni(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2012
to me,the bible is not totally accurate.
Reason been that,it was written by persons who had selfish intentions.
So many faacts and truth were removed.
To me,with little faith science is more accurate.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by manmustwac(m): 7:07am On Sep 18, 2012
Omoswags: BE CAREFUL WHAT U SAY ABOUT D BIBLE... EXCEPT U HAVE A WISH OF DYING SOON... SEUN PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.. EXCEPT U'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN, WHICH I ALREADY SUSPECT.
Trust me even if I say the Bible SUCKS, its full of Jewish fairytales or that Heaven only exists in your imagination. Trust me by this time tomorrow nothing would've happened. Do you know why? Its because God is imaginary but since your blinded by your religious belief you'll never know that.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by 2good(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Science actually teaches there are 365 and one quarter days in a year. That's why every three years (of 365 days), the fourth year will carry one additional day in February.

The extra 1/4 day (6 hours) on all the years was the duration which sun stayed still in the days of Joshua.

Next..

This is the height of ignorance. I cannot stand religious bigots because their level of irrationality and narrow mindedness is just annoying and to the extreme. Give me a scientific paper and the theories that support your claim that the extra 1/4 day is the duration that the sun stood still. For your information, if the earth is 4.54 billion years old geologically, then we would have had an etra 0.25*4.54billion= 1.135billion years.
Then to give you a little benefit of the doubt by assuming that the earth is 6,000 years old based on biblical stories, then it means there have been an additional 0.25*6000=1,500 years so far. Are you saying the earth stood still in the presence of Joshua for 1,500 years(if we use the bible) or 1.135 billion years(geological time) when the oldest man in the world according to the bible is less than 1500 years? Does that make any sense to you at all? You have a brain so please use it to think before you type anything in the public. You make the people with Science and Engineering background in this forum look daft by engaging people like you in a discussion.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2012
honor2011:
Bro, have u ever read the Quran. It contains numerous and uncountable scientific evidences.
If you and i analyse the Qu'ran you will realise that it is in the same boat with the bible..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:15am On Sep 18, 2012
atrix4g:
abeg quran no fail for dis one ooo
Critical analysis shows its failure too..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by 2good(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2012

You are an ignoramus for bringing religious threats here. People before you have said thesame thing and nothing ever happened. The bible is no different from other fairy tale story book.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by atrix4g(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2012
newken: @inurmind.

I have seen a star fall with my naked eyez. I am not refering to comets. I have seen a star. Very small, fall from the sky on our hostel building in my secondary school. It was really a surprise.

I guess there are different sizes, small or big stars. Or the star that fell may be another entity. But it glowed just like d stars above.

So if the Bible records stars falling in revelation, dont conclude or assume it to be the big stars. And while you judge, remember anything is possible with God. I beleive the Bible is the most accurate. Have an encounter with Jesus and your unbeleive will dissappear. I have seen Jesus.
hey na u ooooo
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by atrix4g(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Critical analysis shows its failure too..
ok ow?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel / Pastor Chris Okafor's Private Jet Is Chartered And Not Owned By Him - LIB / Wiseman Daniel Starts His Own Ministry Independently Of TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.