Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,917 members, 7,924,867 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 01:56 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (24070 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
Idango: The Bible is way far ahead of science. Let me show you a few things:

1. The Bible in Genesis 1:1 says God created the heavens and the earth in the begining. When was the begining we were not told. There is a lenght of time between verse 1 and verse 2. That difference could be millions or even billions of years.

2.Evidence in the bible show there was a creation before Adam, the pre-adamite creation. Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!". As at the time Adam was created Lucifer was in the world already, yet before Lucifer was thrown down, it was said that he weakens the nations.

3.Isaiah 40:22 said that the earth was round, and science fumbled saying it was flat until recently.

Science is only proving what the creator has already said.
I dey Laugh..Are you even trying to suggest the gap theory? thats pure red herring..What does verse 2 say? It describes the state of the newly created world...How and where did you deduce the age diffrence when Holy ghost filled and vibrant posters of the Religion section have said that the earth was created in 6 days 6,000 years ago as revealed by the Holy Spirit. The Earth is not round but a sphere and organized science never ever said the earth was flat,made of pillars and the Centre of the Universe..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by noopages: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
-

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
lekkie073: this storylad has some loose nuts ob his head o. who championed d belief dat d earth was flat? ans....the church.
who championed d course dat it was not flat? galileo....a scientist.
abi u don dey high on gbana ni?
Na paw-paw leaves grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
H$LBroker:
Don't fall cheap for satan and his children, they are looking for ways to enlarge their father's kingdom
grin grin grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
linearity:

read more about meteoroid and come back....
lol, are you comparing the size of a star to that of a meteorite? I don't think you have grasp on te gigantous size of these gas giants!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by iyb(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
i am not a christian so i am limited by my knowledge of the bible but what i know is that what scientist are discovering now has already been reveled by God in his three Books At Torah(Jews),Injil(Bible Christ) and Quran(Muslims) and some things that are yet to be known by man.Knowledge is accumulated with time at the time when these books where revealed they did not have the knowledge to decipher their meaning it is only recently that we see the true meaning of the revealed books do not be deceived by scientist even the wise cannot see all ends

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mayoroflag(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: I dey Laugh..Are you even trying to suggest the gap theory? thats pure red herring..What does verse 2 say? It describes the state of the newly created world...How and where did you deduce the age diffrence when Holy ghost filled and vibrant posters of the Religion section have said that the earth was created in 6 days 6,000 years ago as revealed by the Holy Spirit. The Earth is not round but a sphere and organized science never ever said the earth was flat,made of pillars and the Centre of the Universe..

The onus is up to you if you want to listen to people who are arguing on your platform or not.

In any case, the Bible/God does not seek to make people convinced, but to get people to be informed. The choice of believing is up to you.

"Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead (Luke 16:27-31".
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
noopages: (1) The bible tells us where man came from, why he is on earth and where he is going after death. Science cannot.
(2) God works with men by faith. Bible is meant to be accepted by faith not by proof.
(3) Bible was written to be simple and symbolic so that the humble and meek can understand it, not necessarily the learned.
(4) Imagine if God documented the science of the creation of the world as a manual and say make you dey study am, O BOY YOUR HEAD GO FOKASIBE! (man is even still struggling with quantum physics, multidimensional planes, etc)
(5) I can remember my chemistry recittal in secondary school - "Atom is the smallest indivisible ...." - Albert Einstein atomic bomb killed that theory.

I hope y'all feel me wink
...Science evolves towards the truth and if i may ask what do you mean by science of creation?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
mayoroflag:

The onus is up to you if you want to listen to people who are arguing on your platform or not.

In any case, the Bible/God does not seek to make people convinced, but to get people to be informed. The choice of believing is up to you.

"Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead (Luke 16:27-31".
and yet people dey die go heaven come back grin grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Pukkah: 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible is ancient fiction and many of the contents have been overtaken by events. Admittedly, science too does not have the answer to all the questions and I doubt if it ever can. Nobody will be able to explain everything. Only God knows why it is like that.

The four gospels in the bible that made it into the official canon were chosen, more or less arbitrarily, out of a larger sample of at least a dozen including the Gospels of Thomas, Peter, Nicodemus, Philip, Bartholomew and Mary Magdalen. The textual manipulations, mistranslations and fiction in the Bible are legion.

However, I don't mind the mind if it indeed can make the world better. But, has it made the world better? What would the world be without religion, or this hypocrisy we call religion, Muslims inclusive?

I believe in in spirituality though. Let's not derail the thread jare.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mayoroflag(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: and yet people dey die go heaven come back grin grin

What are you saying and what did you read?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
mayoroflag:

What are you saying and what did you read?
Zant woli.. grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by EmekaCovaine: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible is explaining the fact that there's two realms, spiritual realm and physical realm, and how to understand & deal with these two realms. Science only see physical realm it doesn't understand spiritual realm it actually deny it. But there is big evidence that there's spiritual realm, whether u are a Christian, Muslim or of African religion or even Satanists they all pray to invisible (which is spiritual world). More than 99.9% population of the whole world does this and believe in spiritual world although they do it in different ways.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by linearity: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
Niflheim: the bible claims that all the cattle in egypt were killed by hail stones,only for them to miraculously appear again and be killed by hailstones(false)!!!

You surely makes it up as you go along....

The 5th Plague...Pestilence:
Ex 9:3... behold, the hand of the Lord will be on your cattle in the field,on the horses, on the donkeys, on the camels, on the oxen, and on the sheep—a very severe pestilence.

The 7th Plague...Hailstone:
Ex 9:19... Therefore send now and gather your livestock and all that you have in the field, for the hail shall come down on every man and every animal which is found in the field and is not brought home; and they shall die.

If you noticed, on both occasion reference was made to livestock left in the field or open when the plague struck....and both cases some livestock were spared....the difference between both plagues is that in plague 5....among the Egyptians & Israelite livestocks in the open, only the Egyptians livestocks were affected. All the Israelites livestock in the open and in the barn plus all the Egyptians livestocks in the barn were spared.....In plague 7, all livestocks in the open irrespective it belonging to the Egyptians or Israelite was affected...only livestocks in the barn both for the Egyptians & Israelite was spared.

The 10th plague...Death of the firstborn also affected the first born of all the Egyptians animals...

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mayoroflag(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Zant woli.. grin

Okay, you're now both a comic and scientist. Cheers, man...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Bandy10: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
The bible is the most unreliable,inconsistent book man has ever invented.Can the bible apologist reconcile the story of creation in Genesis 1 and 2 why the differnce in the sequence of creation. The bible tells us that stars are specks in heaven~wrong.The bible says that world is flat~wrong.The bible says that the xtian god created light before the sun~wrong.The bible says that Adam and Eve had two male children how did procreation happen then?The bible says that he created man by moulding clay and gave it breath~wrong.The bible created plant before sunlight~wrong.Can the bible apologolist reconcile the birth of Christ as written in the book of Luke and Mathew.Lastly without science and scientist the world will in darkness where superstitious and dogmatism will reign

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
EmekaCovaine: The Bible is explaining the fact that there's two realms, spiritual realm and physical realm, and how to understand & deal with these two realms. Science only see physical realm it doesn't understand spiritual realm it actually deny it. But there is big evidence that there's spiritual realm, whether u are a Christian, Muslim or of African religion or even Satanists they all pray to invisible (which is spiritual world). More than 99.9% population of the whole world does this and believe in spiritual world although they do it in different ways.

Shut up sir...over 16% of the world are irreligous..stop posting st.upid info
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible is not a science text book, it's primarily a religious book. But whenever it touched on science, it's surprsing accurate and even against popular believe of the time of the writer.

A good example is on the shape of the earth when it was popularly thought to be flat. A spherical earth is described in Isaiah 40:21-22—“the circle of the earth.” Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” can also mean “round” or “sphere.”

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by linearity: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Heathen: lol, are you comparing the size of a star to that of a meteorite? I don't think you have grasp on te gigantous size of these gas giants!

Looking at them without any aid from earth, they appear to be the same size...perspective my man....John was speaking from his perspective unaided by any magnification device and if you have witness a meteorite fall before...you will not different them in size from the stars...meteorites are closer to us humans than the star...but the light that super-imposed their images in our eyes...enabling us to see them...render their sizes as almost the same..

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by noopages: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
-
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
mayoroflag:

Okay, you're now both a comic and scientist. Cheers, man...
Its part of the job grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by StChristina(f): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
From ma own opinion, 'd end of science is God,cos where science ends,then God begins',so now tell me hw science can ever explain God,all they give are mostly speculations and remember woteva science can't prove, they will say it doesn't exist! Dts why d universe is one hell of a complex place than any sci-fi!

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by luluosas(m): 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
What sort of DUMB thread is this? How can you compare the Bible, God inspired book to science, man inspired knowledge?
OP, why didn't you asked if your father actually slept with you mother that produces you!
Take it or live it: science will end but the word of God (the Bible) will live forever.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mayoroflag(m): 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Its part of the job grin

cheesy U try...that's the problem open fora like NL will have. Now you are enjoying yourself poking fun at Christian Apologetic Ignoramuses. Enjoy your holiday while it lasts... wink
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by GMacbeth: 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
Christains beware of blasphemy we are in the endtime a lot of people will spring forth trying rob God of his glory
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
TroGunn: The Bible is not a science text book, it's primarily a religious book. But whenever it touched on science, it's surprsing accurate and even against popular believe of the time of the writer.

A good example is on the shape of the earth when it was popularly thought to be flat. A spherical earth is described in Isaiah 40:21-22—“the circle of the earth.” Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” can also mean “round” or “sphere.”
Nansense.. He will surely violently turn and
toss thee like a ball (Dur) into a
large country: there shalt thou die,
and there the chariots of thy glory
shall be the shame of thy lord's
house. (Isaiah 22:18) meanwhile The Hebrew word Chug (גוח) means a flat-circle like a coin as the bible says. i doubt you study hebrew
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nuezha(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
As an undergraduate, I once hated my Bible-carrying friends cos many of them had chains of carryovers to clear while I boasted about with my Distinctions. What could be more meaningless to me then than the scriptures I hated to hear.
So, condeming the scriptures or its propounders (as many of us do today) was no bad hubby to me until now.
Readers this is not to convince, condemn or commend any but I tell you without mincing words, SCIENCE WAS BORN BY THE BIBLE!!!
WHAT IS SCIENCE? Intellect or intelligence possessed by a selected few to unveil the misteries locked down at creation -nothing new.
Can any be more scientific than Isaac Newton? -
The Bible was his guide to the truth, to WISDOM & UNDERSTANDING!
Wake up brethren.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by EGO3(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible is a collection of stories and myths. Science is a tool we use to understand the universe we find ourselves. They cannot be compared

Genuis...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Bandy10: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
The gap theory is an after thought by the xtian.How come bible talks of the Sabbath day to be kept holy.The xtian god said he worked for 6 days and the 7th should be kept holy.Gap period is just a way of shielding their ignorance
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by UyiIredia(m): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
Just thought I should add this. It's a list of 10 problems with Darwinian evolution.

1. Lack of a viable mechanism for producing high levels of complex and specified information. Related to this are problems with the Darwinian mechanism producing irreducibly complex features, and the problems of non-functional or deleterious intermediate stages. (For details see: "The NCSE, Judge Jones, and Bluffs About the Origin of New Functional Genetic Information," "Do Car Engines Run on Lugnuts? A Response to Ken Miller & Judge Jones's Straw Tests of Irreducible Complexity for the Bacterial Flagellum," "Opening Darwin's Black Box," or "Can Random Mutations Create New Complex Features? A Response to TalkOrigins"wink;

2. The failure of the fossil record to provide support for Darwinian evolution. (For details, see "Punctuated Equilibrium and Patterns from the Fossil Record" or "Intelligent Design Has Scientific Merit in Paleontology"wink;

3. The failure of molecular biology to provide evidence for a grand "tree of life." (For details, see: "A Primer on the Tree of Life"wink;

4. Natural selection is an extremely inefficient method of spreading traits in populations unless a trait has an extremely high selection coefficient;

5. The problem that convergent evolution appears rampant -- at both the genetic and morphological levels, even though under Darwinian theory this is highly unlikely. (For details, see "Convergent Genetic Evolution: 'Surprising' Under Unguided Evolution, Expected Under Intelligent Design" and "Dolphins and Porpoises and...Bats? Oh My! Evolution's Convergence Problem"wink;

6. The failure of chemistry to explain the origin of the genetic code. (For details, see "The origin of life remains a mystery" or "Problems with the Natural Chemical 'Origin of Life'"wink;

7. The failure of developmental biology to explain why vertebrate embryos diverge from the beginning of development. (For details, see: "Evolving views of embryology," "A Reply to Carl Zimmer on Embryology and Developmental Biology," "Current Textbooks Misuse Embryology to Argue for Evolution"wink;

8. The failure of neo-Darwinian evolution to explain the biogeographical distribution of many species. (For details, see "Sea Monkey Hypotheses Refute the NCSE's Biogeography Objections to Explore Evolution" or "Sea Monkeys Are the Tip of the Iceberg: More Biogeographical Conundrums for Neo-Darwinism"wink;

9. A long history of inaccurate predictions inspired by neo-Darwinism regarding vestigial organs or so-called "junk" DNA. (For details, ] see: "Intelligent Design and the Death of the 'Junk-DNA' Neo-Darwinian Paradigm," "The Latest Proof of Evolution: The Appendix Has No Important Function," or "Does Darrel Falk's Junk DNA Argument for Common Descent Commit 'One of the Biggest Mistakes in the History of Molecular Biology'?);

10. Humans show many behavioral and cognitive traits and abilities that offer no apparent survival advantage (e.g. music, art, religion, ability to ponder the nature of the universe).

Of course, even these "top ten" still just scratch the surface. What would you add?

For more click here

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
GMacbeth: Christains beware of blasphemy we are in the endtime a lot of people will spring forth trying rob God of his glory
Two thousand years ago, it was said 'the endtime arriveth soon', two thousand years later, we still await this endtime, two thousand years into the future, we will still be wait for it.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by adonisyung(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
k2039:

The Bible is not specific on when the Earth was formed.

The Holy Bible does not give any age of the earth. It does relate that God took seven 'days' to create the cosmos (the heavens and the earth) but that same book also tells us that 'a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day', so there really is no timeline for the creation.

Have you heard anything like "Day Age Theory", or "Gap Theory"(you will realise it is impossible to infer the age of the earth from the bible)
Bros U̶̲̥̅̊ ß pastor?

This answer (6 to 10'000 years) is obtained by tracing the genealogies that are given in the bible.

Despite what some people might claim The Bible doesn't mention any particular age. Rather, some people approximate one by an intrepretation they like to think is derived from a literal reading. As no age is specified, [size=15pt]there's no difference to report[/size].

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Do You Know That Jesus Christ Was Born In October And Not December? / Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.