Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,917 members, 7,924,867 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 01:56 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (24070 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
omiobo: This thread should be strictly for christians. I know 99percent of nairalanders speaking against bible are descendants of Ishmael.

And u get problem with Ishmeal ?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
sadeiyare:

Only if you ll first answer my own question ; How many strand of hair is on your head. Its your head, I believe that should be easy
Answering my question with question? Ok its about 100,000 hair follicles but i lose hair daily too...Now answer mine
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by kayusbrown(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
''Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.''-Albert Einstein.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Geographically and Logically the Isrealites could never have crossed the Red Sea..1. the cattle (cow,horse,donkey etc) of egypt were already dead..if indeed they did any crossing it was the Sea of Reeds

Mrs mkmyers45..... are u Christan, if u are then i doubt, cause o talk like u dont read d bible very well..... or maybe ur anoda Islamic dude.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
kayusbrown: ''Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.''-Albert Einstein.
but a lame man can still crawl no?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by kelahns: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
There are several scientific proofs inside quran andd bible....so science in an intrinsic part of both holy books,so there shld nt be basis of comparison which one is stronger between science and bible quran..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by hotwax: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
1. yes she can get IVF treatment.. 2. yes a dead person can be brought back to life simply electricity 3. Child's death or coma?

Dr. Science,
Do you know the difference between comma and death?

IVF treatment for removed womb ?

Do you really know anything about science? May be you should go back to Biology for JSS2 students.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski:

Mr mkmyers45..... are u Christan, if u are then i doubt, cause o talk like u dont read d bible very well..... or maybe ur anoda Islamic dude.... undecided undecided undecided
We are having a purely a non-sentimental discourse so stay on point and answer my question..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
kayusbrown: ''Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.''-Albert Einstein.
note: Albert Einstein never believed in a personal god. Example of a personal god = judeochristian god.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by davades(m): 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
chrisevans: Everything that WORKS around us is a product of scientific method meticulously followed by intellectuals..cars, phones, light bulbs..everything..the bible is full of errors..it contradicts nature and it also contradicts itself...how can a book dat says insects have four legs be considered accurate (leviticus 11:23)??

If u understand English read this and understand

23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bible doesn't really have scientific knowledge coa it's full of words of man and the accurate ones are the words of God imagine bible science saying ti prevent plague against leprosy we should use blood to sprinkle the house leveticus 12- 1:5 bible science says the world will perish in Hebrew 1-10 the same bible says in Ecclesiastical 78-69 that the world will perish imagine bible telling us we can eat all types of fruits on the trees but can u eat datura wild berry plants and some other poisonous fruits in conclusion the bible is not the words of God alone but man cis the God I know Neva make scientific errors I av many flaws of the bible but which makes me belief it's not the words of God
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
hotwax:

Dr. Science,

Do you really know anything about science? May be you should go back to Biology for JSS2 students.
when you say womb, are you referring to the uterus?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
hotwax:

Dr. Science,

and what is the limit of such treatments Most hysterectomy (womb removal) are partial and they woman can still ungergo treatment. What is clinical death and real death? Clinical death is reversable but under a limited set of criteria and time...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by storylad(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
thehomer: The Bible is a collection of stories and myths. Science is a tool we use to understand the universe we find ourselves. They cannot be compared.
what are u comparing for crying out loud. Science initially said dat the world was flat, it also said it was carried about by giant a tortoise...all false.. while d bible for a long time has said dat d earth is round. Science still do not knw why cells stop replicating which leads to death but d Bible clearly gives d reason for death. before science came up wit proper hygiene n quarantine techniques, the Bible clearly gave detail guidelines on how to avoid diseases. may be if science paid more attention to d bible than crictising it, the world may have avoided d spanish flu which killed close to 100 million humans..

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hebrews.11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Science is baby talk, compared to the Spiritual realm ;we should know that things are first spiritual before they become physical, even your electromag in science can give you a hint.

Your carbon-dating is wrong, even man don't grow at same rate from birth to death

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by vislabraye(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Science does not contradict the Bible. It rather proves the bible is accurate.
There's a part in the scriptures that's say God sits on the circle of the earth. Men of those days thought the earth was flat until after many years Kepler proved it was spherical.
However, science does not explain everything in life. I don't consider Charles Darwin a scientist. A scientist must prove his theories through experiments. Darwin is a speculator.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by storylad(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski:

Mrs mkmyers45..... are u Christan, if u are then i doubt, cause o talk like u dont read d bible very well..... or maybe ur anoda Islamic dude.... undecided undecided undecided
itss clear Mrs mkmyer is not a current n well enlightend person... discoveries have been made in relation to d israelites crossing d red sea...like relic of chariots n spears n so many details in dis regard. d bible said d live stocks of d egyptians not d israelites...

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
storylad: itss clear Mrs mkmyer is not a current n well enlightend person... discoveries have been made in relation to d israelites crossing d red sea...like relic of chariots n spears n so many details in dis regard. d bible said d live stocks of d egyptians not d israelites...
where are these proves you speak of
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
storylad: itss clear Mrs mkmyer is not a current n well enlightend person... discoveries have been made in relation to d israelites crossing d red sea...like relic of chariots n spears n so many details in dis regard. d bible said d live stocks of d egyptians not d israelites...
where are these proofs /discoveries you speak of
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
storylad: what are u comparing for crying out loud. Science initially said dat the world was flat, it also said it was carried about by giant a tortoise...all false.. while d bible for a long time has said dat d earth is round. Science still do not knw why cells stop replicating which leads to death but d Bible clearly gives d reason for death. [b]before science came up wit proper hygiene n quarantine techniques, the Bible clearly gave detail guidelines on how to avoid diseases. [/b]may be if science paid more attention to d bible than crictising it, the world may have avoided d spanish flu which killed close to 100 million humans..
Mr Man Stop lying who was ultimately persecuted by the church when he shattered the belief that the earth was the centre of the universe? The earth is not round as the bible tries to claim its a sphere.. who was to blame during the bubonic plague? wasnt the church saying that god told them that men was bieng punished for sin? I dey laugh at the bolded..What did science do in the spanish plague?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2012

abeg help me ask am ooo!!!.........
how many people have we seen that dey are deaf and hear, by the miracle of God's word, and many lame people has walk tru God's words... but how many people have science done that to....the best they can is to tell one that he or she is gonna die in the next few months and tell us all sort of name that cause he disease..... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
sadeiyare: Hebrews.11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Science is baby talk, compared to the Spiritual realm ;we should know that things are first spiritual before they become physical, even your electromag in science can give you a hint.

Your carbon-dating is wrong, even man don't grow at same rate from birth to death
The Spiritual as we know it is just higher Physics and Torsion field,Quantum Mechanics etc etc
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
1 Timothy 1 : 3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: The Spiritual as we know it is just higher Physics and Torsion field,Quantum Mechanics etc etc

Throught the study of science lol
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: The Spiritual as we know it is just higher Physics and Torsion field,Quantum Mechanics etc etc

I guess through the study and not knowledge of science lol
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Idango(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible is way far ahead of science. Let me show you a few things:

1. The Bible in Genesis 1:1 says God created the heavens and the earth in the begining. When was the begining we were not told. There is a lenght of time between verse 1 and verse 2. That difference could be millions or even billions of years.

2.Evidence in the bible show there was a creation before Adam, the pre-adamite creation. Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!". As at the time Adam was created Lucifer was in the world already, yet before Lucifer was thrown down, it was said that he weakens the nations.

3.Isaiah 40:22 said that the earth was round, and science fumbled saying it was flat until recently.

Science is only proving what the creator has already said.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by lekkie073(m): 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
this storylad has some loose nuts ob his head o. who championed d belief dat d earth was flat? ans....the church.
who championed d course dat it was not flat? galileo....a scientist.
abi u don dey high on gbana ni?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by lekkie073(m): 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
this storylad has some loose nuts on his head o. who championed d belief dat d earth was flat? ans....the church.
who championed d course dat it was not flat? galileo....a scientist.
abi u don dey high on gbana ni?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mayoroflag(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
There lots of mix ups on this thread about the Bible, Christianity and the Church. As well as even the question being asked...

There is no basis for comparing Science to the Bible. Science proves. The Bible asserts. And the latter does not try to prove or convince even though science eventually proves what it largely asserts.

The Bible is not a book of just scientific and logical clarifications. Science has not been able to clarify various events that transcends explanation based on the tools (maths, logic etc.) it applies. In religion, those unexplained issues are stated as spiritual matters.

The Church is the institution that advances christianity based on biblical teaching. Even the bible acknowledges that the church can go amiss, in its bid to advance God. The bible by itself when taken in the right context, has yet to be undermined. The various bodies of scientists around the world also see prove that science is the most consistent form of knowledge reference for mankind. Unfortunately the church did not view science positively in the past. It is not likely that the 2 institutions can ever be reconciled.

However, beyond the bid to disprove the bible, science cannot explain non-dimensional matter, cannot explain how prophecies have occurred and the source of the knowledge expounded by writers of the bible and recalled by some people in this thread.

Unfortunately several christians and scientists are also ignorant even in their arguments and goes to show in this thread as well....

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by dukesmith(m): 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
do not be deceived (by sience or any other teachings), for one day we will all stand before God in judgement and give account of our lives.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by linearity: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
inurmind: To show u how inaccurate and basless the bible is, here is an example:
in revelation, John said he saw STARS fall from the sky to the earth.lol.

Mind u some stars are even bigger than the sun which is so many times bigger than earth.
So tell me how that is possible.

My friends pls start thinking and do not be limited to the circumstances of ur birth.
The bible is just a bunch of fairy tales by people limited to the undertanding of their time.

read more about meteoroid and come back....
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
Don't fall cheap for satan and his children, they are looking for ways to enlarge their father's kingdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Do You Know That Jesus Christ Was Born In October And Not December? / Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.