Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,027 members, 7,876,849 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23894 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by codernoni: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Some people wrote a coded book and I should spend my life decoding it?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by fstranger: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
NAh the bible is more accurate than science

###person!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by hardbody: 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: I am asking kindly..WHO wrote the book of Job and when?

I will give you a response tomorrow after some research as i expect further questions that may arise from here
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
some times i just watch discovery channel and laugh my ass off..... coz this guys say things as if they knew how the world was formed...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ZeusI: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
manmustwac: So how old is this planet according to the bible then 6 to 10'000 years? undecided While science give a more accurate description like 4 billion years
The bible itself never stipulated the date of creation or the distance of years from creation to when, but men started counting the date from the existence of the first man, thus: Adam. The bible stated that a thousand years is like a day before the lord, therefore the world must have lasted up to 4billion years like science proved, know it that man was the last to be created, and that each stage of creation must have taken close to hundreds of million years to be completed, for instance, when the earth was covered with ocean, the bible said that the spirit of God was moving around, probably to seperate the waters; the one that formed the sky and the one that today is the ocean, and to realise this would not have been just a day(in human conception), but hundreds of millions of years. My reason for considering it so is that when Moses was instructed by God to streach his staff over the red sea for the Israelites to cross, it took the whole night for the spirit of God to be able to divide the sea; common sea, how much more will it take to seperate the waters to form land and sky? Do the maths. Creation was not just done in a twinkle of an eye, but must have taken a reasonable length of time to materialise. I even think that the main process for creating Adam(the first man) would have taken millions of years because there would have been the process of collecting all the minerals(since science has proven that all that forms human was derived from earth)necessary to form man. The bible is very accurate and with time science will come to acknowledge that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by free2ryhme: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
tobechi20: Do u think that science is more accurate than bible?

Una don start ooo ...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by fstranger: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski: some times i just watch discovery channel and laugh my ass off..... coz this guys say things as if they knew how the world was formed...

I take it you are not a science guy?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Zeus I: No. Science is borrowing from the bible instead. Scientific evolution is a complete farce and they end up concuring with the bible afterall.
How? concuring where with the bible?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Wallie(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Which version of the Bible? As translated, recollected or Commandments handed down to Moses? Here's the history of the Bible:

Timeline of Bible Translation History
1. 1,400 BC: The first written Word of God: The Ten Commandments delivered to Moses.
2. 500 BC: Completion of All Original Hebrew Manuscripts which make up The 39 Books of the Old Testament.
3. 200 BC: Completion of the Septuagint Greek Manuscripts which contain The 39 Old Testament Books AND 14 Apocrypha Books.
4. 1st Century AD: Completion of All Original Greek Manuscripts which make up The 27 Books of the New Testament.
5. 315 AD: Athenasius, the Bishop of Alexandria, identifies the 27 books of the New Testament which are today recognized as the canon of scripture.

6. 382 AD: Jerome's Latin Vulgate Manuscripts Produced which contain All 80 Books (39 Old Test. + 14 Apocrypha + 27 New Test).
7. 500 AD: Scriptures have been Translated into Over 500 Languages.
8. 600 AD: LATIN was the Only Language Allowed for Scripture.
9. 995 AD: Anglo-Saxon (Early Roots of English Language) Translations of The New Testament Produced.
10. 1384 AD: Wycliffe is the First Person to Produce a (Hand-Written) manuscript Copy of the Complete Bible; All 80 Books.
11. 1455 AD: Gutenberg Invents the Printing Press; Books May Now be mass-Produced Instead of Individually Hand-Written. The First Book Ever Printed is Gutenberg's Bible in Latin.
12. 1516 AD: Erasmus Produces a Greek/Latin Parallel New Testament.
13. 1522 AD: Martin Luther's German New Testament.
14. 1526 AD: William Tyndale's New Testament; The First New Testament printed in the English Language.
15. 1535 AD: Myles Coverdale's Bible; The First Complete Bible printed in the English Language (80 Books: O.T. & N.T. & Apocrypha).
16. 1537 AD: Tyndale-Matthews Bible; The Second Complete Bible printed in English. Done by John "Thomas Matthew" Rogers (80 Books).
17. 1539 AD: The "Great Bible" Printed; The First English Language Bible Authorized for Public Use (80 Books).
18. 1560 AD: The Geneva Bible Printed; The First English Language Bible to add Numbered Verses to Each Chapter (80 Books).
19. 1568 AD: The Bishops Bible Printed; The Bible of which the King James was a Revision (80 Books).
20. 1609 AD: The Douay Old Testament is added to the Rheims New Testament (of 1582) Making the First Complete English Catholic Bible; Translated from the Latin Vulgate (80 Books).
21. 1611 AD: The King James Bible Printed; Originally with All 80 Books. The Apocrypha was Officially Removed in 1885 Leaving Only 66 Books.
22. 1782 AD: Robert Aitken's Bible; The First English Language Bible (KJV) Printed in America.
23. 1791 AD: Isaac Collins and Isaiah Thomas Respectively Produce the First Family Bible and First Illustrated Bible Printed in America. Both were King James Versions, with All 80 Books.
24. 1808 AD: Jane Aitken's Bible (Daughter of Robert Aitken); The First Bible to be Printed by a Woman.
25. 1833 AD: Noah Webster's Bible; After Producing his Famous Dictionary, Webster Printed his Own Revision of the King James Bible.
26. 1841 AD: English Hexapla New Testament; an Early Textual Comparison showing the Greek and 6 Famous English Translations in Parallel Columns.
27. 1846 AD: The Illuminated Bible; The Most Lavishly Illustrated Bible printed in America. A King James Version, with All 80 Books.
28. 1863 AD: Robert Young's "Literal" Translation; often criticized for being so literal that it sometimes obscures the contextual English meaning.
29. 1885 AD: The "English Revised Version" Bible; The First Major English Revision of the KJV.
30. 1901 AD: The "American Standard Version"; The First Major American Revision of the KJV.
31. 1952 AD: The "Revised Standard Version" (RSV); said to be a Revision of the 1901 American Standard Version, though more highly criticized.
32. 1971 AD: The "New American Standard Bible" (NASB) is Published as a "Modern and Accurate Word for Word English Translation" of the Bible.
33. 1973 AD: The "New International Version" (NIV) is Published as a "Modern and Accurate Phrase for Phrase English Translation" of the Bible.
34. 1982 AD: The "New King James Version" (NKJV) is Published as a "Modern English Version Maintaining the Original Style of the King James."
35. 1990 AD: The "New Revised Standard Version" (NRSV); further revision of 1952 RSV, (itself a revision of 1901 ASV), criticized for "gender inclusiveness".
36. 2002 AD: The English Standard Version (ESV) is Published as a translation to bridge the gap between the accuracy of the NASB and the readability of the NIV.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
aryzgreat: @ SEUN! THIS IS BLASPHEMY! BE-HEAD THOSE WHO COMPARE HOLY BIBLE TO SCIENCE! THIS DENIGRATES D HOLY BOOK! BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!! BLASPHEMY!!!
Shut it
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
tevinsolt: you can't compare science to the bible two different things......just so you know, we have only 4% knowledge of the universe
4%? how do you knw this?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by roqchiq(f): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
people are funny o, you want to compare the Bible to science. Morons you cant do that, the Bible as a whole is relatively new,a compliation of different ancient books,not even chronologically arranged either by age or whatever. Its meant to be a guide for humans (christians) to live by.
"In d beginning was the word.....and d word was...''
''Moses spoke the Word.....''
"I am the way,truth and life.....eternal life''
''the word was made flesh...''
''...only say the Word....she will be healed''

The Word cannot ever be compared to science...you can compare the Bible all you want, but you can never explain the ''Word'' with science, and i dare you to try.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
anitank: Ok am so not doing this. Am soo out of here before I get brain-washed into throwing my bible into d trash bin.

One thing tho: God's sovereignty reigns over ALL........including science
Are you afraid of stepping out of the box?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by joesunnye: 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
just imagine d stupied qustn, ok answer me na who b d creator of man kind. abeg mak una pack wel
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by kpolli(m): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
tobechi20: Do u think that science is more accurate than bible?

The evolution of not all apes to humans and none evolution of humans to something else shows science is soooooo false

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski: lets no compare the bible with what this white people stuff called science.... coz every thing we see on this earth has already being in the bible........ this science ish of the world is about 200 million years is just something we dont knw, dey just prove things and we take it.... they say earthquake is cause by some stuff, bt this same earthquake has happen in d bible...
Who causes disease? evil spirit as the bible say or germs/micro-organism as science?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by omiobo: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
This thread should be strictly for christians. I know 99percent of nairalanders speaking against bible are descendants of Ishmael.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by joesunnye: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
even 7days old pregnancy baby knw say na bible na. y dis jamb questn sef
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
chizzy94: This is a question dat needs no answer,mr poster u ought to knw dat d bible is the oldest book with d latest information!
Bible is not the oldest book..the bible is recent
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
tevinsolt: if you didn't know science as we know it is the way of understanding the physical world that we live in.......carbon dating has proven to be very inefficient, once two different part of an elephant were measured and it gave answers that differs greatly.......anyways the earth is approximately 6000 years and the oldest living thing on earth (Methuselah tree) is approximately four thousand years old which goes back to when the flood occurred
How do you reconcile the age of the earth and rock cycle?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
kpolli:

The evolution of not all apes to humans and none evolution of humans to something else shows science is soooooo false
Wtf are you talking about?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by irecruit(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
SCIENCE CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE AS ACCURATE OR MORE ACCURATE AS THE HOLY BIBLE

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by anelka101(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
If the Bible says its 6000+, when was the Bible written? If u knw,then calculate from then to now and see may be we will arrive at 4billion yrs according to science.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger: NAh the bible is more accurate than science

###person!
No its not..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
joesunnye: just imagine d stupied qustn, ok answer me na who b d creator of man kind. abeg mak una pack wel
Pure energy is the true god..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by hotwax: 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
Indeed Science changes but if not for the evolution of science humanity would have gone extinct..
Science first told us we have 19 planets. Now we have not less than 1000 planets counting/increasing everyday.

Science has not changed anything. Where was science when Universe has been in existence.

The Universe will be without or with science because there is a force holding the Universe. Scientists too confirmed, there is a program running as an operating system. They could not explain it.

The so-called big bang theory of evolution has been countered so many times by scientist too. Science can create innovation but cant explain certain things.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
irecruit: SCIENCE CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE AS ACCURATE OR MORE ACCURATE AS THE HOLY BIBLE
What causes disease? germs or evil spirit?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
Zeus I: The bible itself never stipulated the date of creation or the distance of years from creation to when, but men started counting the date from the existence of the first man, thus: Adam. The bible stated that a thousand years is like a day before the lord, therefore the world must have lasted up to 4billion years like science proved, know it that man was the last to be created, and that each stage of creation must have taken close to hundreds of million years to be completed, for instance, when the earth was covered with ocean, the bible said that the spirit of God was moving around, probably to seperate the waters; the one that formed the sky and the one that today is the ocean, and to realise this would not have been just a day(in human conception), but hundreds of millions of years. My reason for considering it so is that when Moses was instructed by God to streach his staff over the red sea for the Israelites to cross, it took the whole night for the spirit of God to be able to divide the sea; common sea, how much more will it take to seperate the waters to form land and sky? Do the maths. Creation was not just done in a twinkle of an eye, but must have taken a reasonable length of time to materialise. I even think that the main process for creating Adam(the first man) would have taken millions of years because there would have been the process of collecting all the minerals(since science has proven that all that forms human was derived from earth)necessary to form man. The bible is very accurate and with time science will come to acknowledge that fact.
normally,i dont comment ontopics that make the frontpage from this board because you cant keep track of the discussion.however,this mumbo-jumbo you typed just pushed me.i am inclined to explain the genesis account to you and what it means but it would be a waste of my time.perhaps you failed to grasp the phrase "and the morning and the evening were the....day" in your own genesis account.or you failed to notice that the egyptians were pursuing the isrealites and there was no bomboclat evening division of the red sea by any frigging spirit.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

I take it you are not a science guy?

not that am not a science guy, i love science... i was watch this clip about an EX church of Satan memeber... this guy said some things that really gave me a light bulb.. he said that wen he was there that he was told that the theory about the evolution about man by Charles Darwin was given to him by the devil... just to confuse human about the existence of GOD...... so can u imagine how many minds that theory has polluted.... that man was made from growing apes ... u self think am nah.....

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Revolva(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
Area_boy:
There was a period when it was generally believed that the bible is more accurate than everything else. That period is largely known as the DARK ages.

Push the bible to one side and our minds open up to possibilities.

I guess Nigeria is going thru our own phase of "dark" age undecided
You ave said it all bro I don't know what to write again sha - its partially correct but science shows proof and science rule this era not that that book
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
hotwax:
Science first told us we have 19 planets. Now we have not less than 1000 planets counting/increasing everyday.

Science has not changed anything. Where was science when Universe has been in existence.

The Universe will be without or with science because there is a force holding the Universe. Scientists too confirmed, there is a program running as an operating system. They could not explain it.

The so-called big bang theory of evolution has been countered so many times by scientist too. Science can create innovation but cant explain certain things.
19 Planets who told you that? we have 8 planets in our galaxy and they are planets in other galaxies..take not that this was found out after years of research and the earth is not the centre of the universe as espoused by the bible..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Kukah: Nigerian Leaders Steal Money, Go To Jerusalem, Saudi To Pray / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) / Rape Allegation: Fatoyinbo’s Grilling By Police Enters Day Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.