Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,304 members, 7,947,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido (25770 Views)

Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

So, the price of pure water is what you based your argument on? How much was pure water sold before? 1Naira?

So because there is coin in a nation's currency, price will jump up? Or I dont geddit. Why is there 1p coin in GB and 1 cent in USA? Enlighten me but not with pure water - abeg.

Is it by force you carry the 5000 Naira note?

Why shldn't he use pure water!? that u hv money to buy eva water doesn't mean every1 hs dt kind of money! and I can see dt dts where u and sanusi r getting it wrong! u structure ur economics & policies to suit the rich and well to do; the poor man on the street who can only afford pure water is not put into consideration! u took ur time to knw that USA has 1cent coin, why didn't u ask urself why d don't hv 5,10 or 20 dollar coin? assuming u r even smart

4 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by jude33084(m): 10:48am On Sep 16, 2012
UncleJJ: Sanusi is right. We , the educated , have started to reason like illiterates.

Have we quickly forgotten, the cashless policy. This new note will force you and I to go cashless.

The poor hardly makes withdrawals over 5k. Even sucessful traders make transfers an dc use check books. Without this new note you guys will never fully accept cashless policy.

I suggest you get poketmoni. And prevail on as many business people to integrate these systems into their businesses. Though transaction fees may be high, discounts will soon take over to force sales.

What is happening in this country is simple, you have to grow smarter to survive the old ways are not working anymore.

And, 5k notes will not effect corruption. All monies stolen in the past where concluded using wire transfers. Big business do not use cash they make transfers.

Sanusi is anti west, several indications and activities have proven this, in the past he was continously asked to devalue the naira which he refused. Judge SLS by his past actions not your emotions.

UncleJJ in as much as I like your post, there is one part you didn't clear up; τhe relationship between τhe cashless policy and the printing of higher currency note"
Thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by jude33084(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2012
ifeci:

Why shldn't he use pure water!? that u hv money to buy eva water doesn't mean every1 hs dt kind of money! and I can see dt dts where u and sanusi r getting it wrong! u structure ur economics & policies to suit the rich and well to do; the poor man on the street who can only afford pure water is not put into consideration! u took ur time to knw that USA has 1cent coin, why didn't u ask urself why d don't hv 5,10 or 20 dollar coin? assuming u r even smart
grin grin grin
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 10:51am On Sep 16, 2012
ifeci:

Thank you Mr. Smart - Professor of Economics - see how you think? Tell me prices of other commodities that increased because coins were introduced.

In any case - was there a time there were no coins? So, which prices of goods went up because of coins? Let us know Mr. Smart Street Economist.

I guess pure water is all you can come up with.

They say it will aid corruption - LOL. Corruption rings are ran in Pounds and Dollars- not some Naira Notes.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by jude33084(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

I still went to shoprite recently and got my change in coins. What kind of statement is that - Nigerians are averse to the use of coins? since when?

We used to board buses in Lagos back in time and we used coins - there is even a coin machine fitted on the bus like we have abroad - pop ur coin and get your receipt. LSTC buses in Lagos back in time. I guess you are too young to see it work. The same people u said are averse to the use of coins go abroad and spend coins and travel all over with it. Dont use that crap as Nigerians are averse to the use of coins as an intellectual argument anywhere/

Bros Harvard nor be ♍e talk am o.
And talking about shoprite in VI giving you coins as change in Nigeria that's strange. I do visit there once in ∂ while ßŮϯ not seen Ŧħåϯ wink

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2012
jude33084:

Bros Harvard nor be ♍e talk am o.
And talking about shoprite in VI giving you coins as change in Nigeria that's strange. I do visit there once in ∂ while ßŮϯ not seen Ŧħåϯ wink

VI is not the only place in Nigeria where you have shoprite. LOL.

See why you need to stop assuming?
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2012
N5,000 is long overdue, I cant also remember the last time I used a 5 Naira note, so that needs to be coined. But 10 naira should remain a note.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by xynerise: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

VI is not the only place in Nigeria where you have shoprite. LOL.

See why you need to stop assuming?
he meant Lekki cool
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Ninilowo(m): 11:09am On Sep 16, 2012
This thing is really showing us what is it; A REAL CATTLE

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

Thank you Mr. Smart - Professor of Economics - see how you think? Tell me prices of other commodities that increased because coins were introduced.

In any case - was there a time there were no coins? So, which prices of goods went up because of coins? Let us know Mr. Smart Street Economist.

I guess pure water is all you can come up with.

They say it will aid corruption - LOL. Corruption rings are ran in Pounds and Dollars- not some Naira Notes.

I don't know when u were born!? but I remember when the price of commodities on the streets were still sold with .50kobo attached to the price, u could buy a box of matches for #2.50kobo and still get ur change, i remember when u could buy a bottle of coke with the .50kobo attached to the price, even chewing gum was sold for 50kobo/=N=1 but as soon as those currencies were changed to coins, what happened? prices were rounded up and today the least item u can buy has a price tag of =N=5 which is speedily fading out too

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ujchief(m): 11:11am On Sep 16, 2012
Did anyone see where he said CBN was the only institution working in Nigeria? No new roads, no new power plants nor rail lines? Now thats the part i agree wit most, this government isnt working, and most of them in govt knows it already. I gues a few of them wit conscience are ashamed of this Gej administration. Few yrs from now, it wil be a thing of dis-honour to be introduced as a one time minister under Gej.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by otokx(m): 11:12am On Sep 16, 2012
In a way he is right, let us all give him a chance as we are giving Goodluck Jonathan, my only concern is the issue of coins - if we could do without that.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:13am On Sep 16, 2012
xynerise:
he meant Lekki cool

Even if he meant Lekki - Lekki is not the only place in Nigeria where they have shoprite.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 11:14am On Sep 16, 2012
Billyonaire: N5,000 is long overdue, I cant also remember the last time I used a 5 Naira note, so that needs to be coined. But 10 naira should remain a note.

All this s.t.u.p.i.d people that the pay stolen money for doing nothing, so we shld clap for u becos u cant remember wen last u spent 5naira! the market women and sellers on the streets can remember when! and also knw how valuable those monies are!
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:15am On Sep 16, 2012
ifeci:

I don't know when u were born!? but I remember when the price of commodities on the streets were still sold with .50kobo attached to the price, u could buy a box of matches for #2.50kobo and still get ur change, i remember when u could buy a bottle of coke with the .50kobo attached to the price, even chewing gum was sold for 50kobo/=N=1 but as soon as those currencies were changed to coins, what happened? prices were rounded up and today the least item u can buy has a price tag of =N=5 which is speedily fading out too

So those prices went up only when which currencies became coins? I hear u. Biko.

No need calling people st.upid because they dont share your line of argument. Oga/.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by deb(m): 11:15am On Sep 16, 2012
He sounded to me like a military man or a man in position during the military era. To hell with his "fantastic" ideas if he cannot pass a message to the whole nation in good manners. Nigeria is bigger than anyone no matter how brillaint they claim to be.

I don't even give a fuclk* abt his position he should pass it across with his shoulders down. Arrogant animal angry

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ujchief(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2012
jude33084:

UncleJJ in as much as I like your post, there is one part you didn't clear up; τhe relationship between τhe cashless policy and the printing of higher currency note"
Thanks wink
inasmuch as sls claims no one has made a valid arguement against the N5k note, we're waiting on him to clarify the issue raised above. 'how does the new N5k note fit into his new cashles policy?' how could he make two divergent policies that contridict each other so much that its easy to see? I aint an economics, but i know economical bul.lsh!t when i see one.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by jhydebaba(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:
So because there is coin in a nation's currency, price will jump up? Or I dont geddit. Why is there 1p coin in GB and 1 cent in USA? Enlighten me but not with pure water - abeg.

You asked a question "It will cause inflation - how, none of you can explain" and I use that example to explain how it will cause inflation for you.
We are not in USA or GB, it is what is applicable here in Nigeria that I will use to justify my claims. Pure water producers would have been okay by an increase of 10 to 20 percent but since there is no coins to that effect hence it was increased by 100percent.
werepeLeri:

Is it by force you carry the 5000 Naira note?
Yes Sir!
5000naira, if introduced is a legal tender and therefore it is by force that I must accept it as required by law.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
inasmuch as sls claims no one has made a valid arguement against the N5k note, we're waiting on him to clarify the issue raised above. 'how does the new N5k note fit into his new cashles policy?' how could he make two divergent policies that contridict each other so much that its easy to see? I aint an economics, but i know economical bul.lsh!t when i see one.

Excuse me - what do you understand by the cashless policy? Lets start from there.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:19am On Sep 16, 2012
jhydebaba:

You asked a question "It will cause inflation - how, none of you can explain" and I use that example to explain how it will cause inflation for you.
We are not in USA or GB, it is what is applicable here in Nigeria that I will use to justify my claims. Pure water producers would have been okay by an increase of 10 to 20 percent but since there is no coins to that effect hence it was increased by 100percent.

Yes Sir!
5000naira, if introduced is a legal tender and therefore it is by force that I must accept it as required by law.

LOL. I hear u. Thank God I used the word carry not accept.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

So those prices went up only when which currencies became coins? I hear u. Biko.

No need calling people st.upid because they dont share your line of argument. Oga/.

Yes! like I said, I dnt knw whr u r or if u jst started observing the trend of the Nigerian economy which could also translate into questions like.. when u were born or where u hv bn residing in d last 25yrs.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2012
ifeci:

All this s.t.u.p.i.d people that the pay stolen money for doing nothing, so we shld clap for u becos u cant remember wen last u spent 5naira! the market women and sellers on the streets can remember when! and also knw how valuable those monies are!
It really hurt when you insult me like that. Do you want to take away from freedom of speech ? I said, I dont remember the last time I used N5 note and you go crazy with negative energy. Life must be very difficult for you. N5,000 is long overdue and that's a fact. If you are an advocate for the market women, then its your business. Poverty is a choice, so is Wealth. They choice is yours.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ujchief(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2012
otokx: In a way he is right, let us all give him a chance as we are giving Goodluck Jonathan, my only concern is the issue of coins - if we could do without that.
Billyonaire: N5,000 is long overdue, I cant also remember the last time I used a 5 Naira note, so that needs to be coined. But 10 naira should remain a note.
otokx: In a way he is right, let us all give him a chance as we are giving Goodluck Jonathan, my only concern is the issue of coins - if we could do without that.
u both know this is a useless policy, but since its ur trademark to suport everything this administration throws at u, then its a'right wit u.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Reference(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

Nigerians are averse to the use of coins - so, we must not print coins. Do we have three heads as compared to other nations of the world where the people use coins? Abeg.

Werent we using coins previously? So are you telling me now, if you have a 100 naira coin, you wont spend it, you will throw it away because you dont like coins? Come on. Say something better.

Which country are you referring to with uncontrolable inflation because they have high currency value? Japan? Whats the highest currency value in Japan? Thank you for saying America has the 1000 dollar bill. It caused inflation I guess, and Americans are averse to the use of coins because they feel too big?

I dont get it. Dont use layman's logic to argue an economic policy - use well laid out, logical argument.

Believe me. If people are averse to coins, I think the CBN should sit up and take notice because it is they who offer potentially inflatory goods and services not the CBN. And I can think of one group that can rubbish his moves - urban transporters. Once they turn his coins down, everything else goes and believe me they cannot wait.

In economics perception is a very powerful tool. SLS should know that being an ace risk manager.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Reference(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

Nigerians are averse to the use of coins - so, we must not print coins. Do we have three heads as compared to other nations of the world where the people use coins? Abeg.

Werent we using coins previously? So are you telling me now, if you have a 100 naira coin, you wont spend it, you will throw it away because you dont like coins? Come on. Say something better.

Which country are you referring to with uncontrolable inflation because they have high currency value? Japan? Whats the highest currency value in Japan? Thank you for saying America has the 1000 dollar bill. It caused inflation I guess, and Americans are averse to the use of coins because they feel too big?

I dont get it. Dont use layman's logic to argue an economic policy - use well laid out, logical argument.

Believe me. If people are averse to coins, I think the CBN should sit up and take notice because it is they who offer potentially inflatory goods and services not the CBN. And I can think of one group that can rubbish his moves - urban transporters. Once they turn his coins down, everything else goes and believe me they cannot wait.

In economics perception is a very powerful tool. SLS should know that being an ace risk manager.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

Excuse me - what do you understand by the cashless policy? Lets start from there.

He should be asking you that question not the other way round! because clearly, economics sounds Chinese to u!
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ujchief(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

i aint gona humour ur atempt to redicle me wit a response to that dumb question.
Does cash-'less' sound like rocket science to u? Brain-'less' man!

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:27am On Sep 16, 2012
ifeci:

He should be asking you that question not the other way round! because clearly, economics sounds Chinese to u!

abegi - kindly stick a corn hub inside your butt hole.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
i aint gona humour ur atempt to redicle me wit a response to that dumb question.
Does cash-'less' sound like rocket science to u? Brain-'less' man!

Man - with all due respect - I wasnt going to ridicule you, not sure that sound insultive, anyway, sorry. I am not one of the fools who go about insulting people on cyberspace for no reason. I just thought we could start a discussion, but, u have said it, I am brainless. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by 1025: 11:30am On Sep 16, 2012
he could be right. jonathan will tell us, there is no going back while sanusi will say we are wasting our time.
let them enjoy it while it lasts. i am happy that we can even talk. there was a time in this my life when libyans and iraqis could not even cough.
but at the right time, those strong men went uncelebrated. let us be watching as i know, every problem has expiry date.
one day, those things that give them guts will disappoint them and the secured aso rock will become very uncomfortable for them to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2012
Billyonaire: It really hurt when you insult me like that. Do you want to take away from freedom of speech ? I said, I dont remember the last time I used N5 note and you go crazy with negative energy. Life must be very difficult for you. N5,000 is long overdue and that's a fact. If you are an advocate for the market women, then its your business. Poverty is a choice, so is Wealth. They choice is yours.

Yes! I am an advocate of the masses! whom u and ur paymasters are making life more and more difficult for every second by the imposition of foolish policies. poverty and wealth are choices as u pointed out but wot u lack is the definition of both words.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 11:36am On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

abegi - kindly stick a corn hub inside your butt hole.

Sick Ga!y mudaphucker! I suspected as much dt dts wot u a$$lickers do to earn a spot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

VIDEO What I Discussed With Buhari – Jonathan / Abiola Ajimobi For Oyo South Senatorial District 2019 (Photos) / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.