Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,067 members, 7,887,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido (25690 Views)

Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sanusi, check yourself, you may be wrong this time because i still know a lady that collect N5000 per month as a receptionist, so after legalizing this currency N5000, that means the lady will be paid a note of N5000, we still remember so fresh in our memory how the increase in fuel by your boss Jonathan increase the price of pure water from N5 to N10 and remain like that in my area, i don't know how much it's sold in your area, sanusi though i know u don't drink pure water, so u may not know, Nigerians are right because the voice of the people is the voice of God, have been watching you since u became the CBN governor, u talk, act, look like an impostor, the N5000 note will worsen Nigeria Economy, Price will rise, politician will have access to looting more money

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Remii(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
ifeci:

i like ur write up but comparing the economies of US and GB with Nigeria will a be faulty analogy because these guys have already existing facilities that will accept coins, u can buy drinks, gas etc and pay with coins, or go to the bank and deposit coins cos u hv machines installed to accept that form of payment but in Nigeria, where do u spend that, even Banks reject coins talk less of sellers on streets and in the market or transporters, how wld the carry it? how can they easily convert or store it without having to carry dt bulky stuff around?

I think coins are rejected because of their very low values as of now, in Cote D'Ivoire a drop of taxi is 200cfa, their money up to 500cfa are in coins and they happily spend them. Nigerians need to make policies work.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
He's a dictator in CBN! As if we care about his silly wasting-their-time talk!

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Echidime(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
We are talking about Economy and 5000 Notes some useless people are here talking about the wringkles in SLS forehead,how silly some people can be.

This man will have my Vote any day he comes out for President of Nigeria. This is the kind of leaders we need in this country,a leader who careless of public opinion but does what is right for the benefit of the nation. Most politicians are against this 5000 notes because it will go against their evil plans
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
Echidime: We are talking about Economy and 5000 Notes some useless people are here talking about the wringkles in SLS forehead,how silly some people can be.

This man will have my Vote any day he comes out for President of Nigeria. This is the kind of leaders we need in this country,a leader who careless of public opinion but does what is right for the benefit of the nation. Most politicians are against this 5000 notes because it will go against their evil plans
Like which evil plans?

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Reference(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
Remii:

I think coins are rejected because of their very low values as of now, in Cote D'Ivoire a drop of taxi is 200cfa, their money up to 500cfa are in coins and they happily spend them. Nigerians need to make policies work.

Aha. This is a new one. We are finally acknowledging that it would take Nigerians to make coins work so that they don't just redenominate the prices of their goods and services. This is new. So if you need people to succeed why not be more persuasive and less antagonistic. Except perhaps if he quite frankly doesn't give a hoot.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ifeci: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
Echidime: We are talking about Economy and 5000 Notes some useless people are here talking about the wringkles in SLS forehead,how silly some people can be.

DO u think this is dictatorship?

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ochallo: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
some one should tell this aboki that he can improve the banking operations by simply going cashless, just like it is in developed countries, there is no developed country now that would be talking of printing a new denomination when they have simply gone cashless.

Well we all know the deep implication of this, he is an enemy of GEJ and wants to rubbish the economy. Real Economists know

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Lamasta(m): 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ever since Soludo left the CBN our banks are just going down the drain, Oceanic has been crippled, Intercontinental Bank destroyed, Bank PHB and the rest has been down all because a politician economist was installed based on sentiment by Yar'adua. Today banks are finding it difficult to open new branches and create employment because of Sanusi and his unfavourable policy instead they are retrenching the staffs they have, not only the banks affected now the introduction of N5000 and the cashless economy of a thing where is it taking us to does America, UK and France have 5000 denomination? This autonomy is being abused by Sanusi and must be reviewed by the national assembly cause its getting out of hand. Imagine CBN governor doling out N100M to Kano bomb victim on which authority?

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2012

are u in church today at all or are u in mosque today? remember everyone created by God are important people

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ochallo: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2012

DUde, i believe you are as clueless as the people who are talking about his fore head, this man has a terrible agenda against GEJ, and he is an extremist. Nigeria needs a firm leader but don't be fooled, this guy is not anywhere near that. All his policies are to witch hunt his enemies and to enforce his loyalty to a secret group which i cant say on this forum. Look at the banking sector, what has happened as a matter of fact more banks are going to close shop in the near future. He has very little knowledge but selfish interests and a die hard force. Hear him speak saying nothing is happening in the country , is that not a direct insult to Jonathan. It's a conspiracy.

Politicians are not against it , it would help them steal more.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by b03liberty(m): 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
THANKS TO ALL AND SUNDRY FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION AND SUGGESTION,the winner is....THE MASSES grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nsikann: 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/821750_Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi_jpgd7f4b1946fe00e56d3dcc41ebe7744dd[/img]

Why is this man's forehead so wrinkly? He's only 51.
U wönt blame him jare! Naija's problem is overburdened on him.Him sef no dey hear word!
Every time I come across a picture of his overly wrinkled forehead I cringe a little.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nsikann: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
[quote author=PhysicsQED][img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/821750_Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi_jpgd7f4b1946fe00e56d3dcc41ebe7744dd[/img]

Why is this man's forehead so wrinkly? He's only 51.

Every time I come across a picture of his overly wrinkled forehead I cringe a little.
U wont blame him,its too much thinking of Naija's problems.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by festusfeezy(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
i tink jonathan is notin but an impotent, d 3 group of pple ruling diz country re mallam sanusi, okonjo n allison deziani. So i dnt blame sanusi 4 uttering such statement dat nig re wasting thr tym.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by solayemi(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
usbcable: does any one have records of what Soludo gave as reasons for changing 1 naira and fifty kobo to coins?

we all know hat happened after but if you have links as to what he said before the change as per the usual economic jargos: monetary policy, inflation, currency dynamics bla bla bla bla.

lets have it and see if they are any different from what General Sanusi is saying now.
. Soludo was nt d one that made d change(50k & #1), that was done in 1991 during IBB's tenure. Soludo only reintroduced it cos it was totally out of flow. For d reasons it was done,i don't knw.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by garripack: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
[size=17pt]BASTARD TO HELL WITH HIM BIG BASTAD MAY GOD PUNISH HIM AND HIS ARROGANT LIFE USELESS MAN [/size]
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by StChristina(f): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
This man want make 'woe betide am abi?',when dem dey push u, n u too,u no wisen up,bt stil kept on pushn urslf,d personz definitely heading for doom! N besides,wot has become of his islamic banking policy! Fool!
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Singalex(m): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
[quote author=werepeLeri]

Nigerians are averse to the use of coins - so, we must not print coins. Do we have three heads as compared to other nations of the world where the people use coins? Abeg.

Werent we using coins previously? So are you telling me now, if you have a 100 naira coin, you wont spend it, you will throw it away because you dont like coins? Come on. Say something better.

Which country are you referring to with uncontrolable inflation because they have high currency value? Japan? Whats the highest currency value in Japan? Thank you for saying America has the 1000 dollar bill. It caused inflation I guess, and Americans are averse to the use of coins because they feel too big?

Im sorry you sound educated but at the same time you seem like an idi0t..comparing nigeria(a developing country)with countries like japan and usa(developed countries).pls mr "know it all" how many times have you ever used coins 2 purchase somthing b4?redominate the naira to low currencies and people will be forced to use the coins but when its high nobody cares abt the coins anymore thereby leading to the extinction of those money which in return will cause inflation,something we afraid of..pls dnt say more mr educated idi0t.thanks

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Ogundale(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
What kind of a man is he, he is a waste economist. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by mathskill: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sanusi bashing has started again fOr nothing else OTHER than pure unadulterated hating.My challenge to all those haters is go and get the qualifications,awards(international,not the ones you by in Nigeria) fame and position that SLS has.It is not enough because you have a computer and access to the net that you beging to extend hatred you learnt from your step mother unto SLS. angry angry angry
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
Singalex:
Im sorry you sound educated but at the same time you seem like an idi0t..comparing nigeria(a developing country)with countries like japan and usa(developed countries).pls mr "know it all" how many times have you ever used coins 2 purchase somthing b4?redominate the naira to low currencies and people will be forced to use the coins but when its high nobody cares abt the coins anymore thereby leading to the extinction of those money which in return will cause inflation,something we afraid of..pls dnt say more mr educated idi0t.thanks

Your parents who sent you to school are the idioots. Dolt, imbe.cile with a piggy attitude. Fools like you who cant bring a point without name calling are nothing but wasted spermatozoa. Its better your Dad is screwing a mad woman than giving birth to you. Let the mods ban me for all I care. Stupid nonsensical dolt with a pee brain. goat.

You are obviously from a home where manners are not thought, if u came from a well mannered home, you will know that there are better ways to argue than calling someone an idi.ot. to hell with you and your entire lineage,.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by mathskill: 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2012

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
mathskill: My guy, e be like say dis guy vex you well well no be small.

These fools need be thought lessons - you want to make a point, and the next thing is call someone an idio.t. What does that say about his upbringing? I guess thats how he calls his parents names when they talk to him at home. Bloated pig.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
inasmuch as sls claims no one has made a valid arguement against the N5k note, we're waiting on him to clarify the issue raised above. 'how does the new N5k note fit into his new cashles policy?' how could he make two divergent policies that contridict each other so much that its easy to see? I aint an economics, but i know economical bul.lsh!t when i see one.
This is certainly the super comment to start the week. No wonder people don't need an Economics degree from Harvard to know Voodoo economics. This explains the mass protest against subsidy removal.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Blueboy0402: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

So, the price of pure water is what you based your argument on? How much was pure water sold before? 1Naira?

So because there is coin in a nation's currency, price will jump up? Or I dont geddit. Why is there 1p coin in GB and 1 cent in USA? Enlighten me but not with pure water - abeg.

Is it by force you carry the 5000 Naira note?

I am not an economist but can you sincerely compare USA and UK economy with that of Nigeria? Why is it that part of the arguement to butress this policy is the use of coins in the US and UK? Is the Nigerian economy and that of US the same? Even the democracy we are practicing is fashioned after that of USA yet we dont practice true federalism like them. State police is an issue just because of our "peculiar" environment. Why dont GEJ and Sanusi put our "peculiar" environment into consideration before comparing Nigeria and USA on the introduction of N5000 note and coins?

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ballabriggs: 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2012
billante:

Interest rates go up everyone attacks SLS. But you can have low rates with high inflation, a weak naira and no reserve buffers. You can’t eat your cake and have it. I am improving the efficiency of the banking system and currency operations. Is it popular? I don’t know and frankly don’t care. I have a job to do and will do it.

+100000000000000000

If you all spend half of the energy you use on this currency reform -which is a non-issue- on chasing your politicians -from local to federal level- to do their job, this country would have been at par with Japan today.

Why should he care when organisations such as ICAN have released statements arguing like kids without an evidence to support their assertions.

It is not a popularity contest.

If I turn 500 naira into coins today, will the price of pure water become 1000 naira?

I have asked those who make this pure water argument but none has come forward with any meaningful response.

The UK has a robust e-payment system but has it stopped them from minting the 20 pound note which is almost 8000 naira in real naira prices?
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by kinguwem: 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
SLS is not consistent with his policies. Initially, he was proposing a cashless economy. He has sent a lot of bankers to the unemployment market. The guy is confused. He has a motive which he has not explained to nigerians. 2015 elections is coming. There are plans to move large amounts of cash. That is the only rational explaination for the introduction of the N5,000 notes. I hope he is not planning to inscribe religious symbols on the new naira notes.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Remii(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Reference: Very interesting debate so far. One question though. If the higher denotes are for high value transactions, imports and BDC's of sorts, please can anyone tell me why these group isn't at the forefront of cashless. Surely their turnover and sophistication should afford them a host of media and exotic payment toys. But pity the vendor in traffic after munching his gala and sticking that evil note in his face. Maybe SLS expects them to invest in PoS terminals while the big boys do cash. Funny. Oya debate.

SLS: See, Suraj. It is not. First, know that this is not a monetary policy but just currency management. Our cashless policy never says there should not be any cash at all. It only discourages heavy cash in the system. Whether in N5 notes or N5000 notes, the limit of N500,000 will still be N500,000. So what are we saying? It also enhances operational efficiencies. The number of times banks load their ATM machines will also reduce. Banks can now load up to 5 times the value in their ATM and reduces rate of stocking and associated costs. The cost of printing and managing currency will also reduce.

That was Sls responded to Jarus. https://www.nairaland.com/1029840/conversation-sanusi-new-currency-policy
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by skyflash(m): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
See me see trouble oh the man de say jonna no de work na only him de work, what an idiot.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by skyflash(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
And to think that this man wants to be the next emir of kano, boy he will run the masses out of town.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Horus(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudHmjH2gsE

Nigeria's questionable new banknote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zulum Distributes Palliatives To 5000 Widows, Aged & Vulnerables In Borno (Pics) / Open Grazing: Asaba Declaration Exposed North’s Failed Leadership – CNG / If I Had My Way I Would Bring Back Our Old Anthem - Tinubu (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.