Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,877 members, 7,945,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:05 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1919665 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 12:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Dr_Bode:
I'm still young in this field sir. But I doubt it does
Young or old to me is jst d SIR/MA...itz E- tinz we dnt knw who is who.Thanks for yur reply.Tanx a lot sir.Wich skul,course n lvl r u sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 12:33am On Sep 23, 2013
aliandro: @ Dr gboy,labodinho dey find u ooooo,I know u are now battling biochemistry,physiology and anatomy.......ur boy still dey sleep and 2go.....God go help us jare
Thanks boss,i was wondering whr he was.He surfaced here few posts bck.Wish u the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 5:42am On Sep 23, 2013
I-am-Winner:
Interesting thread!!..

Am a fresh Medic in Uniben.. (thanks to God), pls any fellow medic of uniben present on this thread?? Fresh or Not Fresh pls identify..
congratzz!! Welcome ooo...if nt 4 ASUU u wud ve started clearance,,anywayz its al ghud..congratzz 1ce again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2013
aliandro: @ Dr gboy,labodinho dey find u ooooo,I know u are now battling biochemistry,physiology and anatomy.......ur boy still dey sleep and 2go.....God go help us jare

I see no reason to be in a hurry, these courses are quite voluminous, especially anatomy. The numerous volumes of anatomy is enough to literally fracture the suture joint of the head if placed on the skull.

I'm also enjoying every moment of this ASUU strike, because this might be one of the best hols u might have in a very long time.

Have fun too , but don't let those books lie low.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2013
labodinho: Thanks boss,i was wondering whr he was.He surfaced here few posts bck.Wish u the best.

Here i am sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2013
labodinho: Young or old to me is jst d SIR/MA...itz E- tinz we dnt knw who is who.Thanks for yur reply.Tanx a lot sir.Wich skul,course n lvl r u sir?

OAU part 1 med
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dr.Gboy:

Here i am sir.
Wlkum on board ma boss,i know u r surely enjoying this compulsory holiday.More success sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dr_Bode:
OAU part 1 med
Oh! That's cool,i wish you the best boss.Just boost your relationship with God and all will be simple like ABC throughout your Life.May God see us through.Amen.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gtogbes(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
hi gr8 docs i applied for med dis year got 71 @ post utme delsu . checked my admission status last week and i found out i was not given medicine but instead i met pharmacology. my elder bro said i can switch in my second year. please just want to know if its true am really confuse. please somebody ans me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
@aluta. Thanks for that wonderful info, i want to start e-jacking pretty soon and i pray it works for me as well. About your options, i think you better see an optician to have those pretty eyes of yours examined. Biko can u still throw more lights on the possible merits and demerits of e-reading? Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
aluta continua: see this guy oo, why you come dey associate me with dem bosses na....i respect my bosses ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
U're welcome...Med lab sci student? nt rily suo but u might av to do zoology, botany, chemistry, physics, sociology, maybe maths etc.

lol@bolded.. U(my able doc) are a boss.. Dats undisputed cool

thanx 4 d replywink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
charleymed: @aluta. Thanks for that wonderful info, i want to start e-jacking pretty soon and i pray it works for me as well. About your options, i think you better see an optician to have those pretty eyes of yours examined. Biko can u still throw more lights on the possible merits and demerits of e-reading? Thanks.

Well, in our dear beloved country, you might wanna consider the availability of light to be charging and re-charging. You don't wanna av exam tomoro and your system shuts down 2am in the night and there's no light to recharge.

Also, there could be some distractions if you're not careful. Small time, you would want to quickly check sup on facebook or nairaland (especially if you have internet connection).

Those are the ones I can think of now.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 24, 2013
Nice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drealdoc89(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2013
alutacontinua:

I guess i'm actually used to it. Ain't nobody got the money to be buying all those textbooks or the energy to be carrying them about jawe. The only hard copy textbook I have is anatomy atlas and BRS embryology. However, it has a down-side which is the fact that it's beginning to affect my sight. But i'm rily rily rily used to it...there's a way i position the thing on my bed while i'm lying down with music from you-tube, i go just dey fire dey go! With the downside though, i'm still stuck btw 3 options: (i). go see an optician and get glasses shocked shocked shocked shocked (ii). keep managing the eye till i spoil it finally embarassed embarassed embarassed sad (iii). get hard-copy textbooks. undecided undecided

abeg,dnt go 4 option 2 o!
Option 3 wud hav bin d best,buh lookin at d reasns u statd above u wudnt wnt t go 4 it.
Thou shud nt manage thy eye like dat until...........

Hw often do u study wit music cos i do so a lot nd my fwends dnt seem t knw hw i comprehend wit it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2013
glowin2shyn: congratzz!! Welcome ooo...if nt 4 ASUU u wud ve started clearance,,anywayz its al ghud..congratzz 1ce again
Thanks.. Are you in uniben??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drealdoc89(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2013
gtogbes: hi gr8 docs i applied for med dis year got 71 @ post utme delsu . checked my admission status last week and i found out i was not given medicine but instead i met pharmacology. my elder bro said i can switch in my second year. please just want to know if its true am really confuse. please somebody ans me.

Yes,it is possible!
For it to work,u need a very good GPA from ur 1st year to cross over(let me say smtin lyk a 4pointer nd above)-similar courses are bein offered by both medicos nd pharmacos stdt in dir 1st yr.
And even after gettin a gud grade,u wil nid God's favor cos dir s always a limit t d nos persns de permit t switch ova to medicine in yr 2.
Just stay focusd!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2013
Hey, what's good here??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gtogbes(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2013
thanks i realy apreciate dat. just swearing to myself that am going to be in my best. aiming to be 5pointer
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
drealdoc89: Yes,it is possible!
For it to work,u need a very good GPA
from ur 1st year to cross over(let me say
smtin lyk a 4pointer nd above)-similar
courses are bein offered by both medicos
nd pharmacos stdt in dir 1st yr.
And even after gettin a gud grade,u wil
nid God's favor cos dir s always a limit t d
nos persns de permit t switch ova to
medicine in yr 2.
Just stay focusd!

Oga please let us be sincere with dis guy......don't give false hope Abeg...in as much as u want to encourage him dat doesn't mean u shouldn't tell him d truth

gtogbes: thanks i realy apreciate dat. just swearing to myself that am going to be in my best. aiming to be 5pointer

been a 5 pointer..... dats a good dream.....

gtogbes:
hi gr8 docs i applied for
med dis year got 71 @ post utme
delsu . checked my admission
status last week and i found out i
was not given medicine but
instead i met pharmacology. my
elder bro said i can switch in my
second year. please just want to
know if its true am really confuse.
please somebody ans me.

I dunno about delsu..... but from Wat I Av seen and experienced in unilag....... changing from medicine to other courses in year one is as easy as biting the nail on ur thumb...changing from other courses to medicine is as easy as licking d center of ur elbow! #FACT

even changing from dentistry to medicine not very easy........ /although I know a friend who changed from pharmacy to medicine...reason?.... his dad is a consultant @ Luth........ #CONNECTION TINS INVOLVED ....

if u want to do any switch start right from ur 100 lv............ o d question now is "y is it difficult to switch to medicine "......OK now imagine u going to switch to medicine and it's granted..... believe me u will have lots of followers ....other department will become vacant, void, and empty #OBSERVATIONS ......... think about it.......

not discouraging u tho.........just letting u know d truth........... #TRUTH

@Dr G.boy and aliandro: u guys avn't written ur exams yet?! ...........Wow......u Guys are really lucky.. ..I mean more than enough time to revise ur notes, materials and past questions........... u will surely Blast dis second semester exam ooo.........we ex - foundation students are waiting 4 u guys oooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
vicksbaba:

@Dr G.boy and aliandro: u guys avn't written ur exams yet?! ...........Wow......u Guys are really lucky.. ..I mean more than enough time to revise ur notes, materials and past questions........... u will surely Blast dis second semester exam ooo.........we ex - foundation students are waiting 4 u guys oooo

We haven't written yet.
Let's just say u guys were able to escape this debilitating 'brain drain syndrome' that has begun to take effect on us(100 lvl)

indefinite ASUU strike + frustration+ distractions + exponential decreasing efficiency - overnight - zeal = BRAIN DRAIN

No thanks to FG & ASUU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Dr.Gboy:

We haven't written yet.
Let's just say u guys were able to escape this debilitating 'brain drain syndrome' that has begun to take effect on us(100 lvl)

indefinite ASUU strike + frustration+ distractions + exponential decreasing efficiency - overnight - zeal = BRAIN DRAIN

No thanks to FG & ASUU

Loool... exponential decreasing efficiency......... -overnight........ -zeal....... Brain drain.......Gosh....man u Re really hilarious!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Olarewajub: 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Guys, how valuable is a medical lab tech certificate in Nigeria? https://www.nairaland.com/1452311/how-valuable-medical-lab-tech#18337407
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drealdoc89(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
@vicksbaba:
if u read my post very well,u wudnt made dat comment ''of givin him false hope''
I rightly pointd out dat it will be difficult 4 dat switch to apen even if he has a gud grade but it s possible.
Either thru Godly connection or otherwise(depending on ur choice)
Gracias.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by snave007(m): 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
I-am-Winner:
Interesting thread!!..

Am a fresh Medic in Uniben.. (thanks to God), pls any fellow medic of uniben present on this thread?? Fresh or Not Fresh pls identify..
Hello
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Vicksbaba,more time 2 revise or more time 4 cobwebs 2 entangle chm101,btn101,phs102,101,zly101 notes.Am just sick and tired of waiting 4 diz 2nd semester examination instead of preparing 4 medical skul..........I am damn tired of d physical part of our combo........Dr gboy,wetin dey......we need 2 talk......as in converse
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Guys, how do you cope in OB/GYN rotations Am i supposed to be worried about 'him' seeing thousands of va-jay-jays in a day embarassed embarassed embarassed

Don't ask me who 'him' is wink wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by justicesky24(m): 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
gtogbes: hi gr8 docs i applied for med dis year got 71 @ post utme delsu . checked my admission status last week and i found out i was not given medicine but instead i met pharmacology. my elder bro said i can switch in my second year. please just want to know if its true am really confuse. please somebody ans me.
its nt goin to b easy sha bt wit God's help nd a little connectn frm Oga at d top
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
alutacontinua: Guys, how do you cope in OB/GYN rotations Am i supposed to be worried about 'him' seeing thousands of va-jay-jays in a day embarassed embarassed embarassed

Don't ask me who 'him' is wink wink
lol. Aluta u never cease to amaze people, na insecurity tinz i guess?? Don't worry even if he sees ten million va-jays in nano seconds, "her" own go still dey special to him. Don't ask me who "her' is oh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by elliotrichy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
Good day please i have a question. Mbbs in university of Benin or in uniport, which do you think is better cos my friend very confused. He said he wants to study Mbbs in the best but doesn't know which to choose from
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Raymond405: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
we will get there surely.
God help us
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
I-am-Winner:
Thanks.. Are you in uniben??
#nods head#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
glowin2shyn: #nods head#
R ur medic on strike too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.