Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,946 members, 7,886,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:27 PM

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? - Culture (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? (136981 Views)

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Half Somalis (pictures) / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (67) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I'm from the country of Djibouti and I am appalled shocked

@ yousof: Yh walaal, Somaali aan ahay. Lol Good point I hold the same doubts about his so called claim to Ajuuraan but hey hado ba yahey he's not exactly painting a gr8 picture.
ooh! I see shocked tongue
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I'm from the country of Djibouti and I am appalled shocked

@ yousof: Yh walaal, Somaali aan ahay. Lol Good point I hold the same doubts about his so called claim to Ajuuraan but hey hado ba yahey he's not exactly painting a gr8 picture.

Out of curiosity, ElightenedSoul, how do Djiboutians classify themselves. As Blacks? As a race half-way between Black and Caucasian? As a distinct race neither Black nor Caucasian?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
Radoillo:

Out of curiosity, ElightenedSoul, how do Djiboutians classify themselves. As Blacks? As a race half-way between Black and Caucasian? As a distinct race neither Black nor Caucasian?

Djibouti is a nationality, the majority of Djibouti is ethnically Somali.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Oh, I see.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Adamskuty: ooh! I see shocked tongue

stuppid gurella put your tongue back in your mouth.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fulaman198:

Djibouti is a nationality, the majority of Djibouti is ethnically Somali.

djibouti is 65 percent somali, 35 percent Afar (muslims who look like somalis). The rest is arabs, ethiopians, europeans.

But the country is only 800,000 people.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Khaanis ah?! Walaal khaanisnimada sheekadiisa hano galin iyo Naga dhaaf seriously of course you're qabiiliste as well SAD. Caadi iska dhig!

Fadlaan lugha dhulka dhig. Meshaan xoog ha ku so galiin. Raali ahow abaayo macaan. Somalinimada haala alaliyo

Anyway what brought you to nairaland. Have you come for conquest? Have you heard of my legendary trolling? or are you here to compete with me as the owner of the fufu nation?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nyumba(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ajuran:

Fadlaan lugha dhulka dhig. Meshaan xoog ha ku so galiin. Raali ahow abaayo macaan. Somalinimada haala alaliyo

Anyway what brought you to nairaland. Have you come for conquest? Have you heard of my legendary trolling? or are you here to compete with me as the owner of the fufu nation?

Hilarious.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nyumba:
Hilarious.

down boy, down. cool
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Well one thing I admire about Nigerians is the tolerance we have for other Africans even when they bad mouth us.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fulaman198: Well one thing I admire about Nigerians is the tolerance we have for other Africans even when they bad mouth us.

One thing i like about negroids is the same thing.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ajuran:

One thing i like about negroids is the same thing.

I've always wondered why some regions in the world have people who behave in a harsh manner. I think I know why Nigerians are kind and happy by nature. It is the nice weather. When you grow up in an area with nice weather where there are an abundance of things, you are always happy and full of joy. Thus the reason why Nigeria was #1 happiest country in the world and United States least happiest in the world.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fulaman198:

I've always wondered why some regions in the world have people who behave in a harsh manner. I think I know why Nigerians are kind and happy by nature. It is the nice weather. When you grow up in an area with nice weather where there are an abundance of things, you are always happy and full of joy. Thus the reason why Nigeria was #1 happiest country in the world and United States least happiest in the world.

happy equals submissive by your own reasoning.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ajuran:

happy equals submissive by your own reasoning.

Not at all, happy = mature. I understand where you are coming from though and where the stem of your anger is rooted from at West Africans. You think we are too passive and give in easily to Westerners. To some extent you are correct, but why should Africans behave like westerners? Why should we be mean spirited and selfish? Why should we be aggressive and want everything to ourselves? I hope one day Westerners will open their eyes.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by BlackKenichi(m): 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fulaman198:

Not at all, happy = mature. I understand where you are coming from though and where the stem of your anger is rooted from at West Africans. You think we are too passive and give in easily to Westerners. To some extent you are correct, but why should Africans behave like westerners? Why should we be mean spirited and selfish? Why should we be aggressive and want everything to ourselves? I hope one day Westerners will open their eyes.
His anger comes from the fact West Africans have far better genetics than Somalis will ever have. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
Black Kenichi:
His anger comes from the fact West Africans have far better genetics than Somalis will ever have. grin grin grin

I am not going to dispute that, because in a way it's a form of racism. (Hitler used the excuse that Aryans were superior to everyone else, therefore it was their right to invade countries and kill millions of innocent people).

To him, Somalis may look better, to a West African, a West African may look better.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Radoillo:

As explained by AJ, Djibouti is multi-ethnic nation with a Somali majority. How someone would classify themselves lies in the individuals own perception. It varies.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ajuran:

No worries, I just took the liberty of looking and I can assure you my feet are quite firmly planted on the ground. Ill let you know if that changes grin grin

Fufu...What is that?
So we've established your subscription to trollhood, but WHY?
I came across Nairaland in a search for an African Forum. I was hoping to learn about other native cultures..and what did I find
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fulaman198: Well one thing I admire about Nigerians is the tolerance we have for other Africans even when they bad mouth us.

Idk man, the heat in the kitchen was crazy intense a few pages back. Unfortunate how Africans tend to have no problem badmouthing one another to begin with
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Idk man, the heat in the kitchen was crazy intense a few pages back. Unfortunate how Africans tend to have no problem badmouthing one another to begin with

I agree it is bad, but instigators need to stop. A lot of Nigerians are just insulting Ajuran back because over the past year or so (maybe more, he has made some very snide remarks about Africans).

I know you are ethnically Somali like him and I hope that people see that you are very kind-hearted and not judge all Somalis as the same.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Radoillo:

Curious, how do you choose to label yourself?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 11, 2013
Fulaman198:

I agree it is bad, but instigators need to stop. A lot of Nigerians are just insulting Ajuran back because over the past year or so (maybe more, he has made some very snide remarks about Africans).

I know you are ethnically Somali like him and I hope that people see that you are very kind-hearted and not judge all Somalis as the same.

This has been going on for a year...wow.
Perhaps so! You seem to be one of the more levelheaded commentators...
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 1:28am On Oct 11, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

This has been going on for a year...wow.
Perhaps so! You seem to be one of the more levelheaded commentators...

macaanto, qalanjo. walaal adoon jacelka jooji
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 11, 2013
Ajuran:

macaanto, qalanjo. walaal adoon jacelka jooji

Jaceyl ah? We are all strangers here. Dadkaan maxeey ka suubiyen? Nothing! Somaalinimada markaad ii dhahaaysey ilaali, ma saan aad ka waday? Daad oo meeshooda iska joogay intaa uu imaatay cay iyo foolxumo tuusaysid? Sharaftaada inte ju xoortay? Get real and re-evaluate yourself. Ceeb badana
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 11, 2013
lmao fake Ajuran you are somalia 1,2,3.....111 dadka magaca u dig!
It is the second time you call me khaniis, bring your sister and I will clarify my sexuality cabiid yahow.

@Enlightenedsoul Do you live there? Ma mère est Djiboutienne grin I was in Quartier 5 in Djibouti last christmas holiday. I'm gonna go visit my parents again this upcoming christmas holiday. grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 3:27am On Oct 11, 2013
yousuf12: lmao fake Ajuran you are somalia 1,2,3.....111 dadka magaca u dig!
It is the second time you call me khaniis, bring your sister and I will clarify my sexuality cabiid yahow.

@Enlightenedsoul Do you live there? Ma mère est Djiboutienne grin I was in Quartier 5 in Djibouti last christmas holiday. I'm gonna go visit my parents again this upcoming christmas holiday. grin

You speak French as well?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 11, 2013
@Fulaman yeah bro, but I only speak basic French. I picked up French and Somali when I went to Djibouti, before that I was only Somali by name.

Parlez-vous francais?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 11, 2013
yousuf12: lmao fake Ajuran you are somalia 1,2,3.....111 dadka magaca u dig!

@yousuf12:No, I don't live there sad But I've had the pleasure of visiting quite a few times (though not near enough). Do send my love when you go! Vive les deux pays frére: Djibouti et La Somalie grin grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 4:36am On Oct 11, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Jaceyl ah? We are all strangers here. Dadkaan maxeey ka suubiyen? Nothing! Somaalinimada markaad ii dhahaaysey ilaali, ma saan aad ka waday? Daad oo meeshooda iska joogay intaa uu imaatay cay iyo foolxumo tuusaysid? Sharaftaada inte ju xoortay? Get real and re-evaluate yourself. Ceeb badana

jahilnimada jooji abaayo. Plus why have you come here? are from somalinet? am a legend there fyi

waxaan raba in an ku waso, lugaha kala fuur. cool
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 11, 2013
Ajuran:

jahilnimada jooji abaayo. Plus why have you come here? are from somalinet? am a legend there fyi

waxaan raba in an ku waso, lugaha kala fuur. cool

LAME. Warya, care for some honest advice? Seek HELP and QUICK! Bisinka..
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 5:02am On Oct 11, 2013
yousuf12: @Fulaman yeah bro, but I only speak basic French. I picked up French and Somali when I went to Djibouti, before that I was only Somali by name.

Parlez-vous francais?

Oui, je parle français courrament, es-tu né en Afrique ou à l'étranger?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 5:04am On Oct 11, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

LAME. Warya, care for some honest advice? Seek HELP and QUICK! Bisinka..

macaanto, in aan ku laayfo baan rabaa. Intay saano baa jirta?

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (67)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.