Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,905 members, 7,886,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? - Culture (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? (136979 Views)

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Half Somalis (pictures) / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (67) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

LOL? We have the most Fulani people in the world in this Nigeria. Fulani are found in every West African country and some central African countries as well.

We are found anywhere from Senegal/Mauritania all the way to Sudan.

Yikes, apologies. I honestly do not know too much aside from my own. There are not many other Africans where I live. Tell me, what is an Aruusa (sp?)
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 12:15am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Yikes, apologies. I honestly do not know too much aside from my own. There are not many other Africans where I live. Tell me, what is an Aruusa (sp?)

I have never seen that word "Aruusa" before where did you find it or hear it? Does not sound like a Fulfulde word.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 12, 2013
Adamskuty: almost every nigeria in the north and middle belt got fulani blood in them,like me grin

Oh, so do the different groups have territories/regions or are Naija cities full of all kinds of people?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 12:20am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Oh, so do the different groups have territories/regions or are Naija cities full of all kinds of people?

Naija cities are full of all kinds of ethnic groups, though some are more prevalent than others in certain areas. The villages is where you will find people of a particular ethnic group.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

I have never seen that word "Aruusa" before where did you find it or hear it? Does not sound like a Fulfulde word.

Fulfude is...the Fulani language I assume? A coworker mentioned them, maybe I'm saying it wrong! It was a naming of the different groups: Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 12:24am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Fulfude is...the Fulani language I assume? A coworker mentioned them, maybe I'm saying it wrong! It was a naming of the different groups: Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc.

In Fulfulde we call Hausa people - Hausanjo - for one Hausa, Hawsanke for more than one Hausa
for Yoruba, we just call them Yoruba same with Igbos.

Fulfulde is the Fulani language, that is correct.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

Naija cities are full of all kinds of ethnic groups, though some are more prevalent than others in certain areas. The villages is where you will find people of a particular ethnic group.

What navigation language used in these cities?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 12:27am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

yeah! The north is mainly hausas,fulanis and kanuris,the middle belt or north central has fulanis,hausas (mostly nomads) and other smaller tribes like my tribe,igala! While the southeast is the homes of the igbos,i know u most have heard about them,lol! Southwest is the home of the yorubas!

Nigeria got a total of 360 ethnic groups! smiley
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2013
But in the cities there's a mixture of many tribes
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 12, 2013
Adamskuty: yeah! The north is mainly hausas,fulanis and kanuris,the middle belt or north central has fulanis,hausas (mostly nomads) and other smaller tribes like my tribe,igala! While the southeast is the homes of the igbos,i know u most have heard about them,lol! Southwest is the home of the yorubas!

Nigeria got a total of 360 ethnic groups! smiley

How do you guys get along? lool
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 12:41am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

How do you guys get along? lool
well! It's not easy,there use to be some clashes here and there but in few states,like plateau and nasarrawa states,the rest manage to get along.

Every tribe got it's own community though
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 12, 2013
Adamskuty: well! It's not easy,there use to be some clashes here and there but in few states,like plateau and nasarrawa states,the rest manage to get along.

Every tribe got it's own community though
Still impressive. When these clashes occur they are a result of religion, tribal beef, land, socio-economic or political issues or what?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 1:23am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

What navigation language used in these cities?

English and pidgin English, sometimes you may hear your neighbouring language being used, like in Lagos there are a lot of Yorubas. Benin city has Bendel people or Bini, Kano has Kananchi Hausa speakers as well as Kanuri and Fulani, Abuja is a huge mix (so is any city really) so mainly English and pidgin.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 1:24am On Oct 12, 2013
Adam mainly summed everything up. He is correct.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 12, 2013
Gr8 info there. Merci
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 2:04am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: Gr8 info there. Merci

Je t'en prie
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 2:06am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:
Still impressive. When these clashes occur they are a result of religion, tribal beef, land, socio-economic or political issues or what?

All of these things (though religion is a result of leaders brainwashing people). But yah land is usually a big one too. Political issues like what happened in the Niger delta a few years back can also be considered socio-economic.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

All of these things (though religion is a result of leaders brainwashing people). But yah land is usually a big one too. Political issues like what happened in the Niger delta a few years back can also be considered socio-economic.

The population is Christian for the most part? I noticed African Christians seem to take Christianity more seriously than most Americans.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 3:04am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

The population is Christian for the most part? I noticed African Christians seem to take Christianity more seriously than most Americans.

The population has 50% Muslim 45-50% Christian, there are probably more Muslims than Christians these days, I don't know. Nigeria has 85 million Muslims.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 12, 2013
shocked An almost equal divide. I didn't expect that, interesting.

Are you religious, if you dont mind my asking?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 3:29am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: shocked An almost equal divide. I didn't expect that, interesting.

Are you religious, if you dont mind my asking?

I am, as most Nigerians are, but I do keep a very open mind as it's not my place to judge what others practice. I respect everyone of all backgrounds.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 12, 2013
that guy in the Captain Phillips movie clip looks
like a smaller version of usain bolt. grin grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

I am, as most Nigerians are, but I do keep a very open mind as it's not my place to judge what others practice. I respect everyone of all backgrounds.

Yes, thats quite sensible. I try to keep an open mind myself. Touche
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 12, 2013
*Kails*:

The captain, huh? Looool
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 5:28am On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Yes, thats quite sensible. I try to keep an open mind myself. Touche

Lol, that's very good
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Jayvarley(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2013
*Kails*:

What did Bolt do to warrant that attack? shocked
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by sambos994(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
Aaayyee finally a sensible somali.comes by. grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:
tribal beef, land,these occur in villages only!
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
sambos994: Aaayyee finally a sensible somali.comes by. grin

You say that as if convinced of some sort of scarcity in that regard shocked
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Only belief that AJ's views represent us as a people would prompt you to comment thus. Well, as long as I'm here to gain insight on your cultures, I may as well smooth over your misconceptions on mine.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: Only belief that AJ's views represent us as a people would prompt you to comment thus. Well, as long as I'm here to gain insight on your cultures, I may as well smooth over your misconceptions on mine.

nayaa guska aa nuqaaysit baal joji, haana cebaayn. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (67)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.