Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,405 members, 7,950,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (179605 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 6:19am On May 28, 2013
temmytanny: HOliday dey for those wey don hammer oooo,i went to work bro(half day job for me today)

Hey yah, thats a kind of ruggedity of an African man. GOD will see you through sir.
Is there any other thing we are sending with DS 122, DS 230 & confirmation page?
Anybody could be of help pls
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:06pm On May 28, 2013
Obatide:

Hey yah, thats a kind of ruggedity of an African man. GOD will see you through sir.
Is there any other thing we are sending with DS 122, DS 230 & confirmation page?
Anybody could be of help pls
passport photograph but neva send any original document oooo
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 1:41pm On May 28, 2013
temmytanny: passport photograph but neva send any original document oooo

Which documents are u referring to pls?
Do u mean we are sending cert? And others
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Eboh06: 3:41pm On May 28, 2013
Send ONLY completd forms,confirmation letter &passports
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 8:41pm On May 28, 2013
Obatide:

Which documents are u referring to pls?
Do u mean we are sending cert? And others
don't send any document oooo ,am just trying to tell you that even if you need send any docment,send photocopy
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 1:21am On May 29, 2013
Thanks to all my 'OGAS' at the top.
I think I'm good to send now. See you at the top soonest.
Thank you all as you pray with us for God's favour and financial provisions, cos money is relatively scarce now.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2013
[b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

HUMAN WISDOM IS LIMITED BUT WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 2:12pm On May 29, 2013
seal777: [b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

Congratulations my brother, we are really learning and coming very soon too IJN, just endeavor to share more of both challenges and success.
You ain't achieve anything comparing where GOD is taking u to.
Once again, congratulobia!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2013

thank you somuch
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bibi007: 10:49pm On May 29, 2013
@seal777 i appreciate your concept its for d modern generation who never say die
cheesy
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:01am On May 30, 2013
I would want d entire house to please deliberate on the topic on HOW TO RETIRE WELL IN AMERICA,
there are many options , i just want everyone who know more about financial planning in the America system 2 throw more light an d ideals on this topic .WHAT IS D BEST RETIREMENT POLICY to go for, considering 20-40 years from now.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 6:21am On May 30, 2013
Hello Honourable House, a very good morning to you all.

I am Cenobs007, the COOL GUY that missed an interview in January 2013 but was later rescheduled in March. The interview was God's plan. It was brief and simple because the questions you will be asked are from what you say you are (i mean what you say you possess, i.e. the information you filled in ALL your forms as well as your credentials). I thank God I am finally in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The flight (EMIRATE AIRLINES) was good and peaceful. The entire journey was a REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE. Glory!!!

I thank everyone in the house especially those who have been so supportive in terms of advice, informative, counselling, assisting, etc. I LOVE YOU ALL. Most especially, my deep appreciation goes to Jejelady (who has richly and wonderfully helped me a lot in so many areas), Gentiger, Auschris, Gunners4u, Junkerhill(m), marrylove, nero xp(m), seal777(m), idoo4love, Spoondar(f) and others. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

I give God all the GLORY, ADORATION and PRAISE for He is worthy to be praise every time. HALLELUJAH!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Adesola2020: 6:53am On May 30, 2013
Please how long does it takes to process SSN in Indianapolis and to be delivered.... I went there on May 8 and till now, I never see it. Secondly I paid my immigrant fee online on 14 after I got to US and I received two mails that it cannot be waived a day after, what do you think is going on and when we called them they said that it will take a year for green card to be delvered... Help me ooo
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2013
Adesola2020: Please how long does it takes to process SSN in Indianapolis and to be delivered.... I went there on May 8 and till now, I never see it. Secondly I paid my immigrant fee online on 14 after I got to US and I received two mails that it cannot be waived a day after, what do you think is going on and when we called them they said that it will take a year for green card to be delvered... Help me ooo

...that it can not be waived? did you apply for a fee waive? I think there is a misinterpretation somewhere. Your green card should be available within 20-30 working days of payment, did someone helped you to pay or you did it yourself? If problem still persists book an appointment with the closest immigration department for verification.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2013
cenobs007: Hello Honourable House, a very good morning to you all.

I am Cenobs007, the COOL GUY that missed an interview in January 2013 but was later rescheduled in March. The interview was God's plan. It was brief and simple because the questions you will be asked are from what you say you are (i mean what you say you possess, i.e. the information you filled in ALL your forms as well as your credentials). I thank God I am finally in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The flight (EMIRATE AIRLINES) was good and peaceful. The entire journey was a REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE. Glory!!!

I thank everyone in the house especially those who have been so supportive in terms of advice, informative, counselling, assisting, etc. I LOVE YOU ALL. Most especially, my deep appreciation goes to Jejelady (who has richly and wonderfully helped me a lot in so many areas), Gentiger, Auschris, Gunners4u, Junkerhill(m), marrylove, nero xp(m), seal777(m), idoo4love, Spoondar(f) and others. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

I give God all the GLORY, ADORATION and PRAISE for He is worthy to be praise every time. HALLELUJAH!!!

congratulations, you are welcome.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2013

Na true talk.You are welcome to United state of America.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by hitunes(m): 12:23pm On May 30, 2013
Pls, how many days does it tak 2 get a green card if u win a DV lottery.
And *in wot occupation do u intend to work in d us?* question,if a studnt,wot shuld b wrtn dre?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 4:09pm On May 30, 2013
@Addiso,I called the immigration again but this time they told me that is no problem with my status.the only problem was my zip code n I made correction.I went back to the social security office to apply.this time a different person attended to me.she did it without any question.she gave me a letter statin dat I will get it within two weeks.I thank God for that but what might have gone wrong.could it be as of last week my name wasn't reflected in their system or its the lady who attended to me who was inexperience?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 30, 2013
ighoosagie: I would want d entire house to please deliberate on the topic on HOW TO RETIRE WELL IN AMERICA,
there are many options , i just want everyone who know more about financial planning in the America system 2 throw more light an d ideals on this topic .WHAT IS D BEST RETIREMENT POLICY to go for, considering 20-40 years from now.

Seconded..............

Work is good but at the same time we need to pay attention to retirement plan. Honestly, most of us (including me) dont know much about retirement planning. So, whoever know anything about 401K plans and other retirement plan out there should help us out.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Adesola2020: 7:56pm On May 30, 2013
My sister helped me to pay for it... We open the site, and fill directly though we don't register. I payed for green card on 14 and I got mail on 15 of May. I think their is no records of mine payment yet on their system before I paid and that is why I was mailed. But please hope there is no problem if I pay the fee after gotten to state? And will my ssn be delivered if I applied before the payment? Actually, have payed the fee now on 14 and I applied for ssn on 8. I came to state on 5. What is my fate?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 12:39am On May 31, 2013
[quote author=seal777][b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b][/quote

you are absolutely right my man! i believes all you said wholeheartly because i experienced same here in california
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 12:49am On May 31, 2013
alutaa:

Seconded..............

Work is good but at the same time we need to pay attention to retirement plan. Honestly, most of us (including me) dont know much about retirement planning. So, whoever know anything about 401K plans and other retirement plan out there should help us out.
hello aluta plz do you have any idea on how and which IT certification one can do in california to get a good JOB?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 1:25am On May 31, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Seal777, you have really made my day. Nice words of encouragement for those of us coming to join you guys soonest. There are so many negative words flying around I tell you. I'm a banker. A lot of people have been telling me I should not leave my job o, there's nothing in America bla bla bla even my relatives over there in America, painting a gloomy picture of America, that things are very difficult that I'll see for myself. I think it all spheres down to getting the right information. I surf the internet a lot as well as observe and ask questions too.

Recently, I know a friend (a former colleague) who won the visa lottery and just spent 2yrs in America. She is presently an "Asst. Vice President" in Bank of America. Before then some people were telling me you can not get a corporate job unless you school there first but I found out from research, while it's true to an extent, it is not always so! especially when you have some experience back home.

So I believe you my brother, that we should always search out the truth for ourselves and not just dwell on hear say which could be very demoralizing. Good night my peeps!

[b]Truly its challenging settling down here in America, just like relocating within Nigeria. You go through the orientation period and the weeks of stay at home without a job. Much more challenging for those of us in Houston area where you have to know how to drive and also need a car to do virtually everything. I lost three job offers in a row for the simple fact that i don't have a car and METRO Buses don't ply those routes, Very painful but you can not run faster than your shadows.

If you be hustler for naija and you intend coming around with $100 like me, prepare your mind very well, its going to be very tough but not Impossible. The result will justify the struggle.

If you have enough money, come with it so you can move faster within a very short time as you will have what you need at your disposal.

Don't come to America with the aim of getting a white collar job, its very tricky, prepare to come and hustle for months after which you start getting your bearing. ( Remember you are black, our certificates and experience hardly count and luck does not shine on everybody at the same time).

No matter what you do in Nigeria, Accepting the lottery offer is the best thing that can happen to you as the choice to travel in and out of America and the world traveling advantages it brings can never be bought with money.

If its possible, some people will buy it for 10 million Naira without looking back.

There are very salient challenges but its worth every inch of the struggle.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 1:34am On May 31, 2013

Bros which site did u do d online driver test dat u present d cert @ dps office & hw much is it
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 2:13am On May 31, 2013
gunners4u: Bros which site did u do d online driver test dat u present d cert @ dps office & hw much is it

EVERYTHING WAS DONE PRACTICAL : What i did online was practice test to prepare very well while i did the actual test at the DPS office and passed, scheduled for behind the wheel 28 days later and i also went back to the DPS office with a car and also passed.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by genlion: 2:39am On May 31, 2013
ighoosagie: I would want d entire house to please deliberate on the topic on HOW TO RETIRE WELL IN AMERICA,
. RoaRrrrrrRrrrrrrrrrrr can someone share dis with us
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:24am On May 31, 2013
chirpywest:

hello aluta plz do you have any idea on how and which IT certification one can do in california to get a good JOB?

Depend on your present area of specialization right now. There are so many certification that you can do but it all depend on where you are right now (in term of knowledge and specialization) and where you want to be in the future.So, if you provide a background info of what you have now ( like system admin, sql etc), i can give my humble opinion about certification.

But, please note, from my experience, people dont really care about certification. They care more of what you can bring to the table in term of experience.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 4:05am On Jun 01, 2013
thank the almighty God,i got my green card in my hand.thank all expecially adeso for reducin my tension
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 4:33am On Jun 01, 2013
alutaa:

Depend on your present area of specialization right now. There are so many certification that you can do but it all depend on where you are right now (in term of knowledge and specialization) and where you want to be in the future.So, if you provide a background info of what you have now ( like system admin, sql etc), i can give my humble opinion about certification.

But, please note, from my experience, people dont really care about certification. They care more of what you can bring to the table in term of experience.
my brother am good in computer but i have economics background. i have BSc in economics from naija university. i also want to know how the experience is going to play role here because all my work experience is in the area of business management and they were all in naija. am in los angeles side now
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Adesola2020: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Please someone should help in answering my question above.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Adesola2020: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nairalanders....... Please I payed the immigrant fee when I got here and hope there is no problem there and when we want to pay online, we don't creat an account. It's a month now,, don't see any mail
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ruomal(m): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
When they first arrive, diversity visa immigrants face some natural barriers to full social and economic
integration. The gap between them and the rest of society narrows over time, however, as dv immigrants
and their beneficiaries entered The United state there are a thousands of questions on their mind; this thread is dedicated to post dv lottery questions and answers.
. Please I'm a dv 2013 winner, i applied as single, I have done my interview and it was successful. My question now is: Now I'm married please I need people to advice me hope it won't affect me and please when can my wife join me in U S? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.