Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,806 members, 7,921,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:52 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178956 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Pls House members, is d GC posted to d ''Mail box'' OR it is delivered for you to ''Sign & received''. Pls I need answers as soon as posible. Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
missannie: Pls House members, is d GC posted to d ''Mail box'' OR it is delivered for you to ''Sign & received''. Pls I need answers as soon as posible. Thanks.
They send it to your mailing address, no signing of any kind.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

They send it to your mailing address, no signing of any kind.
@adesojiaderemi thanks so much, Pls i dnt know what else to do? They sent it to my Host former Apartment. So yesterday I & my Host drove down to the Apartment & the Lady that is occupying the place said she didn't see any of such.

I also used the Tracking Number USCIS gave to me & when i entered it on the USPC website; It showed delievered to that same address. Pls what do you advice me to do?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
missannie:
@adesojiaderemi thanks so much, Pls i dnt know what else to do? They sent it to my Host former Apartment. So yesterday I & my Host drove down to the Apartment & the Lady that is occupying the place said she didn't see any of such.

I also used the Tracking Number USCIS gave to me & when i entered it on the USPC website; It showed delievered to that same address. Pls what do you advice me to do?

Missannie, I had same problem when I newly came down, people here are very funny, they might have trashed it once is not theirs (1)Since you still have your green passport stamped valid for one year I will advice you go to department of Homeland security and apply for your Social security number; when the SSC arrives you can use that to apply for State ID. Once you have your state ID you can use it as your ID instead of green card incase you have to present it for job interview. (2) to replace your green card you have to download form I-90 (replacement of green card) fill it and submit it with a fee of $450 to the designated address on the form, within 30 working days you will have your biometric taking and a new card will be issued.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
To God be the glory. I left nigeria on monday mid night on Arik flight. Landed JFK 6am yankee time. Then catch up with d bus that took me to graham. To board Greyhound bus to Baltimore. Thank you God for journey mercies.

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Missannie, I had same problem when I newly came down, people here are very funny, they might have trashed it once is not theirs (1)Since you still have your green passport stamped valid for one year I will advice you go to department of Homeland security and apply for your Social security number; when the SSC arrives you can use that to apply for State ID. Once you have your state ID you can use it as your ID instead of green card incase you have to present it for job interview. (2) to replace your green card you have to download form I-90 (replacement of green card) fill it and submit it with a fee of $450 to the designated address on the form, within 30 working days you will have your biometric taking and a new card will be issued.

Thanks & God bless @ Adesojiaderemi
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
jidex001: To God be the glory. I left nigeria on monday mid night on Arik flight. Landed JFK 6am yankee time. Then catch up with d bus that took me to graham. To board Greyhound bus to Baltimore. Thank you God for journey mercies.

This is just the beginning of great things in your life.
Welcome to America!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2013
jidex001: To God be the glory. I left nigeria on monday mid night on Arik flight. Landed JFK 6am yankee time. Then catch up with d bus that took me to graham. To board Greyhound bus to Baltimore. Thank you God for journey mercies.

You are welcome buddy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogba1: 1:15am On Jun 20, 2013
Welcome to America the land of unlimited opportunity TO GOD BE THE GLORY.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jacksheet2002: 2:54am On Jun 20, 2013
HELLO EVERY ONE I HAVE A COSINE ABOUT MY MOTHER PASSPORT
SHE JUST DID HER E PASSPORT 9 MONTH AGO AND WE DISCOVER THERE IS A MISTAKE ON HER DATE OF BIRTH
BECAUSE HER NAME AND HER DATE OF BIRTH IS ALREADY INSIDE THE EMBASSY ON MY FILE WHEN ME AND MY FAMILY ARE APPLYING FOR VISA LOTTERY
BUT NOW WE DONT NOW HOW TO CHANGE THE DATE OF BIRTH TO THE ONE ON FILE ALREADY
PLEASE NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO CHANGE DATE OF BIRTH ON HER E PASSPORT
OR CAN WE USE IT THAT WAY AND LET THE CONSULAR NO THERE WAS A MISTAKE WHEN AM APPLYING
OR WHAT CAN WE DO TO FIX IT PLS
ORIGINAL DATE OF BIRTH INSIDE THE EMBASSY IS 08/18/1945
NEW PASSPORT SHE JUST DID IS 08/18/1950
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jacksheet2002: 2:56am On Jun 20, 2013
HELLO EVERY ONE I HAVE A COSINE ABOUT MY MOTHER PASSPORT
SHE JUST DID HER E PASSPORT 9 MONTH AGO AND WE DISCOVER THERE IS A MISTAKE ON HER DATE OF BIRTH
BECAUSE HER NAME AND HER DATE OF BIRTH IS ALREADY INSIDE THE EMBASSY ON MY FILE WHEN ME AND MY FAMILY ARE APPLYING FOR VISA LOTTERY
OR CAN WE USE IT THAT WAY AND LET THE CONSULAR NO THERE WAS A MISTAKE WHEN AM APPLYING
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 3:16am On Jun 20, 2013
ogba1:
Welcome to America the land of unlimited opportunity TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

Thanks my broda.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 3:31am On Jun 20, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

You are welcome buddy.

Thanks big bro. I neva really looked JJC..lol Cos I have read a lot on dis grp. Only where I got hooked up was when I got the prepaid calling card to call my host at JFK. It didn't work for me. I had to speak to d military men at the greyhound park that I am jjc o that they shld help me. They also tried and didn't work out.they now advice me to be on safe side I shld get at&t with little credit to call my host so that he can pick up in Baltimore downtown and to be aware I am arrived usa and to also call family back home. But it was Nice experince. Thanks to God meeting for me you guys. God bless u all.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 3:36am On Jun 20, 2013
Leripa:

This is just the beginning of great things in your life.
Welcome to America!!!

Thanks my broda, you are wonderful. All the way from NGA till dis present moment u neva got tried checking on me. God will bless u, the almighty God will answer all your heart desire. Dis time soonest we shall row the str of america together IJN.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2013
jidex001:

Thanks my broda, you are wonderful. All the way from NGA till dis present moment u neva got tired checking on me. God will bless u, the almighty God will answer all your heart desire. Dis time soonest we shall rock the str of america together IJN.

You are a wonderful brother too and i'm glad you made it to your final destination in peace.
God is with you and He'll perfect all that concerns you.
Missing you already.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
jacksheet2002: HELLO EVERY ONE I HAVE A COSINE ABOUT MY MOTHER PASSPORT

This is very sensitive, she may need to go to Abuja for that plus I don't think it is free.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
jidex001:

Thanks big bro. I neva really looked JJC..lol Cos I have read a lot on dis grp. Only where I got hooked up was when I got the prepaid calling card to call my host at JFK. It didn't work for me. I had to speak to d military men at the greyhound park that I am jjc o that they shld help me. They also tried and didn't work out.they now advice me to be on safe side I shld get at&t with little credit to call my host so that he can pick up in Baltimore downtown and to be aware I am arrived usa and to also call family back home. But it was Nice experince. Thanks to God meeting for me you guys. God bless u all.

this is a new setting BOB =^ ^=
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Rolling138: 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
missannie:
I made d call today & i was told that they have mail it since 20th of May @ my old address, but when i got to the point of entry; I gave them the new address. I wonder why they still posted it to the old address. Though, they gave me a tracking number & told me to call US Post office services. But if am still unable to get it, that means i'll apply for a New one. I pray i get it oo!

Thank you so much Adesojiaderemi, my prayer for you today is that God will bless you mightily. Thanks, am greatful.

Missannie, Please what number did you use in calling them and what information did they ask you to identify you?
I think I have to call them too 'cos I changed my address and I've been in the US (Houston) for over two weeks now without receiving my GC. I think it's safer if I call them now to confirm the address they want to or have mailed it to, that way if it is the old address, I can start going to look for it before it is late.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogba1: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
jacksheet2002: HELLO EVERY ONE I HAVE A COSINE ABOUT MY MOTHER PASSPORT

Please get it rectified at the Abuja Passport office as suggested by Adesoji. It is the best to avoid any explanation to any CO.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Adesola2020: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Please house I need a warehouse job or hoe service job in Indiana stare
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:28am On Jun 21, 2013
Adesola2020: Please house I need a warehouse job or hoe service job in Indiana stare

...hoe service job? well warehouse is the easier if you go through Agency closest to you, you can also check out this link
http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-indianapolis,+in/q-warehouse+production
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Adesola2020: 3:28am On Jun 21, 2013
Please Adesoia, try to contact me. I'm tired of sleeping and waking up without doing anything. Gimme ur email Id or you mail me at adesolavictor@yahoo.com
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 3:48am On Jun 21, 2013
Leripa:

You are a wonderful brother too and i'm glad you made it to your final destination in peace.
God is with you and He'll perfect all that concerns you.
Missing you already.

Yes o.
Amen and missing u too.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 3:49am On Jun 21, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

this is a new setting BOB =^ ^=

Lolzzzzz.. No wahala. It a good one
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by hituneu: 7:00am On Jun 21, 2013
sandraluck12: The first thought of any person relocating to America, is what am i expected to bring along that is IMPORTANT, so as to avoid excess luggage and un-wanted/un-useful items. Now, let me share this few tips with you:

First, get your transcript from your universities for those who are graduates and send it to the world education center for evaluation purposes and storage, so that they can send it to anywhere you want in the world in a jiffy without the stress of asking people back home to do it for you or traveling back home. For the hand-skilled, have your basic materials/tools with you.
It is advisable to go back to school after a year or two of settling down so as to help in getting a better job than doing survival jobs all the time. Ensure it has got to the world education center before you leave your country because some hiccups can happen and you have to repeat the process. It happened to someone i know, she did it 3 times! It was due to negligence and mis-spelt address.

Secondly,clothes. Yes, America is the land of fashion and quality stuffs right? NO! Remember, it is the same China that supply them! Some shops sell quality, some semi-quality, some poor quality. I have visited the three type of shops and i can only afford the semi-quality and flee from the poor-quality though it was cheap. The quality-shops are pricy! As a hustling Nigerian, i don't have that kind of money.

Don't go about giving away all your clothes, thinking you will go on a shopping spree here. Ok! if you have the money though.*shrugs* Keep all your best jeans and shirts, suits and NATIVES! See the capitalization? Yes, have many native attires as you can, but QUALITY, see another capitalization? So that it can last the test of time, and not fade after some washings.Likewise your outing and casual shoes/slippers. The only clothes to buy IMMEDIATELY on arrival,is the winter attires if you come during fall/autumn/winter season. The reason for this,takes me to the third advise.

Thirdly,MONEY! See, another capitalization here? We all know the influence of money huh? It can make or mar any relationship. So be very PRUDENT! another emphasis. Don't come as as tourist since you know you have come to STAY! Save your money. Whatever amount you bring along, quickly open a bank account and save 3/4 of that amount and check 1/4 into your debit card for spending. Avoid using your credit cards instantly until you get a job because you will have to take from your savings to pay for it, thus defeating the objective of saving in the first place! Yes, it will help in your credit rating,that you will need when to rent an accommodation, but it is not wise at that moment.

You should stay with a host for few weeks to get your bearing, and depending on your relationship, and how fast you are able to get a job, then get an apartment. Your host can assist you if he/she has a good credit rating or appeal to someone who trust them to help you. That is when you will need your savings to buy the basic things in the apartment and feed.Contribute to the house keeping of your host with common sense, buy groceries that are needed and don't be a glutton, though food is affordable, and plentiful, it does not mean you can go on a eating spree. Immigrants are very concerned about every dime they spend!

A guy shared an apartment with other guys hustling like him. He realized he was the one spending more in the home simply because he just arrived from Nigeria. The other guys always complained of no money for the fact that they had been staying in America for many years. He was yet to get a job and his money was dwindling down. Do you know what he did? He sent the money back home to his account and kept a little,and was managing that until he got a survival job. The money came handy when it was time for him to move into his own apartment. If not he would have squandered every dime and be at the mercy of his host, and here in America, everybody bears his father's name!

The MOST important advise of all is that, DO NOT OVER STAY YOUR WELCOME IN YOUR HOST HOME! It will cause strife!
http://americajourney..com/
God bless you abundantly for this advice.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Rolling_138:

Missannie, Please what number did you use in calling them and what information did they ask you to identify you?
I think I have to call them too 'cos I changed my address and I've been in the US (Houston) for over two weeks now without receiving my GC. I think it's safer if I call them now to confirm the address they want to or have mailed it to, that way if it is the old address, I can start going to look for it before it is late.

Rolling_138, This is the USCIS Telsad1-800-375-5283) Just get your Alien Number & reciept Number available. Where do you stay in Houston, cus i live in Houston too. God help me, i've still NOT gotten my GC after 2 months.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

...hoe service job? well warehouse is the easier if you go through Agency closest to you, you can also check out this link
http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-indianapolis,+in/q-warehouse+production

Adesojiaderemi, I still haven't seen my GC but i'll do as you've just told me to do. Though, i called the USPS office & they gave me a confirmation number & told me they will call me back to tell me the position of my package, but after 48hrs if they didn't get back to me, i should call them to find out. So i'll give them a call tomorrow. I pray & hope that they've seen it some how.
Thanks anyway, just wanted to tell you how far i've gone about it. You're the best.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2013
missannie:

Adesojiaderemi, I still haven't seen my GC but i'll do as you've just told me to do. Though, i called the USPS office & they gave me a confirmation number & told me they will call me back to tell me the position of my package, but after 48hrs if they didn't get back to me, i should call them to find out. So i'll give them a call tomorrow. I pray & hope that they've seen it some how.
Thanks anyway, just wanted to tell you how far i've gone about it. You're the best.

that is a good move.../ just keep me posted.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2013
Adesola2020: Please Adesoia, try to contact me. I'm tired of sleeping and waking up without doing anything. Gimme ur email Id or you mail me at adesolavictor@yahoo.com

alright I will.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by herbiordun11: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
mr adesoji .you re really doing a great work here. i am 2013 immigrant nd i ll enter state next wk.do you mean i will process my ssn in the same state that i will collec my GC and cant i change my address at the point of entry. the address on my yellow paper is in houston nd am staying in new york. what should i do?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:00am On Jun 22, 2013
herbiordun11: mr adesoji .you re really doing a great work here. i am 2013 immigrant nd i ll enter state next wk.do you mean i will process my ssn in the same state that i will collec my GC and cant i change my address at the point of entry. the address on my yellow paper is in houston nd am staying in new york. what should i do?

When you get to your point of entry (New York) tell the Homeland security officer about your new destination, he will have it change on the system, when he leads you to the immigration officer also emphasize that you want your address change to the new one. The mistake some of us made was that we only assumed once the homeland security officer attended to us that was all, you also need to tell the immigration officer too. On issue of green card, it will be mail to your given address while you can register for ssc in any state you want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.