Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,411 members, 7,891,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178168 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:59am On Jun 25, 2013
jidex001: I was in social security office today to apply in baltimore. I was told to return after the 30th day of my arrival to america. Which will be july 18 and they asked after my GC and I told them I have not got my Gc yet. Pls can anyone talk about my case.

SSC processing differs from county to county, it is 21 days in Texas but just 5 days in Boston. I will advice you go back when your green card arrives.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 2:49am On Jun 25, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

SSC processing differs from county to county, it is 21 days in Texas but just 5 days in Boston. I will advice you go back when your green card arrives.

Ok.. Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 3:51am On Jun 25, 2013
For folks interested in obtaining training and are concerned about the cost, you should contact the nearest WIA (Workforce Investment Act). They might be able to fund your much desired training/education. WIA is a federal government program operated through the states. Your training provider has to be registered with WIA for them to agree to pay your tuition.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lhasky007: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2013
sendtodeji: For folks interested in obtaining training and are concerned about the cost, you should contact the nearest WIA (Workforce Investment Act). They might be able to fund your much desired training/education. WIA is a federal government program operated through the states. Your training provider has to be registered with WIA for them to agree to pay your tuition.

Tks Femi for d heads-up. God bless u real good
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 11:28am On Jun 25, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
My e-family, I hail o! Yesterday, I chatted with an old friend of mine back in the days at the University of Ilorin. I have beautiful memories of us playing basket-ball together and worshiping together. He moved into Texas via the dv lottery in November last year and was very willing to offer assistance and guidance to me. He got a good job 3 weeks after he arrived U.S. Lucky, you may say! He last worked with Airtel in Jos and has telecom work experience. He asked if I had some telecom experience, but I said no; he said his employer even asked him to bring anyone or introduce anyone he knows with telecom experience. This is an open invitation to members of the house, as a potential opportunity waits for interested members with experience in the telecoms.
If you think you can give it a try, please contact me!!
Hey bro! I hope the offer(s) still available? I'm just reading this and wont mind if you can hook me up with your friend cos I have telecoms experience though yet to get my GC & Shola-Shola.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
My e-family, I hail o! Yesterday, I chatted with an old friend of mine back in the days at the University of Ilorin. I have beautiful memories of us playing basket-ball together and worshiping together. He moved into Texas via the dv lottery in November last year and was very willing to offer assistance and guidance to me. He got a good job 3 weeks after he arrived U.S. Lucky, you may say! He last worked with Airtel in Jos and has telecom work experience. He asked if I had some telecom experience, but I said no; he said his employer even asked him to bring anyone or introduce anyone he knows with telecom experience. This is an open invitation to members of the house, as a potential opportunity waits for interested members with experience in the telecoms.
If you think you can give it a try, please contact me!!
Hey bro! I hope the offer(s) still available? I'm just reading this and wont mind if you can hook me up with your friend cos I have telecoms experience though yet to get my GC & Shola-Shola.
I'm also in Virginia.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lhasky007: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
idriez:
I'm also in Virginia.

same here bro am yet to arrive US but should be there soon.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
greetings to everyone.i would like experience guys to help me make decision.my host said i should give my ssn to his friend who is comin to the state this july with a two year visa to work.i dont want to but because im still stayin with him and also bein good to me,i find it difficult to refuse so i told him im thinkin about it.i wish to help but i want to further my education.i hear they look at ur income b4 they give financial aid when schoolin.my question is:in case i agree,it means my income level will rise.technically two people will be workin for one person.will it affect me in obtainin financial aid and tax fillin
what would u do if u were in my shoe.thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by herbiordun11: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
thanks for your hardwork of updating all d time. pls house .1, am changing my address to maryland nd am going to stay like five day in new yr. so i want to ask that. can i go and register for ssc in new yr. .2) issue on driving. i can only drive automatic..3) wit my o-level which schl are mine quelify to enter. tnks for responds
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogba1: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Everything about lottery and America is waiting. So you must wait for all things to start off in realising the American dream. Just wait broda.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
jonnywalker: greetings to everyone.i would like experience guys to help me make decision.my host said i should give my ssn to his friend who is comin to the state this july with a two year visa to work.i dont want to but because im still stayin with him and also bein good to me,i find it difficult to refuse so i told him im thinkin about it.i wish to help but i want to further my education.i hear they look at ur income b4 they give financial aid when schoolin.my question is:in case i agree,it means my income level will rise.technically two people will be workin for one person.will it affect me in obtainin financial aid and tax fillin
what would u do if u were in my shoe.thanks

Is your host an illegal immigrant? if not, why cant he give his friend his own SSC to use. Nna it is illegal and may lead you into more wahala, flee!!!.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
herbiordun11: thanks for your hardwork of updating all d time. pls house .1, am changing my address to maryland nd am going to stay like five day in new yr. so i want to ask that. can i go and register for ssc in new yr. .2) issue on driving. i can only drive automatic..3) wit my o-level which schl are mine quelify to enter. tnks for responds

Once you enter you can process your ssn anywhere you like, in this case, since you are going to Maryland to stay you can process it there.2) Stick gear is not popular here, most of the cars are automatic.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 12:58am On Jun 26, 2013
@edesoji,thanks.my host is a citizen.he came here through lottery at tender age.he said he pays his and his wife's financial support debt they obtain durin college days.also they pay for their car loans so it will be difficult for them to do that.now,he is hostin me.he is suggestin this.the idea is illegal.i dont know wat will happen if i refuse.in fact this situation is critical
if i refuse he will say im not good,he is helpin me n im refusin to help someone.thus my worry.is there somethin i can do to settle this peaceful in ur view
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Rolling138: 2:08am On Jun 26, 2013
jonnywalker: @edesoji,thanks.my host is a citizen.he came here through lottery at tender age.he said he pays his and his wife's financial support debt they obtain durin college days.also they pay for their car loans so it will be difficult for them to do that.now,he is hostin me.he is suggestin this.the idea is illegal.i dont know wat will happen if i refuse.in fact this situation is critical
if i refuse he will say im not good,he is helpin me n im refusin to help someone.thus my worry.is there somethin i can do to settle this peaceful in ur view

I'm very happy you know the idea is illegal and also you are an adult. So, as an adult if you willingly do something illegal in this country, be willing to go to jail someday. This is not naija - take note.
If I were you, having gotten the SSN already, I would use the time between now and July when the guy will come and seriously look for a job and then move out.

Your SSN should never be given out to someone else to use, your identity can be stolen and lots of attrocities committed with it. In Houston here I saw in the news 2 days ago how the SSN of a little child was stolen and lots of debts put in her name, the parents were shocked when they ran a credit check on their little child.

Be wise !
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 2:29am On Jun 26, 2013
@adeso,thanks.from the experience u shared then it means im already in danger.its my host who took it from the mailbox,photocopied iit n gave it to me the next day.in case he knows my number,can he do it without my knowledge if i move from ther
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:35am On Jun 26, 2013
jonnywalker: @edesoji,thanks.my host is a citizen.he came here through lottery at tender age.he said he pays his and his wife's financial support debt they obtain durin college days.also they pay for their car loans so it will be difficult for them to do that.now,he is hostin me.he is suggestin this.the idea is illegal.i dont know wat will happen if i refuse.in fact this situation is critical

None of the above is an excuse, he can still give his so call friend if he want to help his friend(what of that of his kids and wife), once you give his friend your number you loose your identity for life, his friend will also give another friend and that is how it will keep going on and on.
I know somebody whose whole American dream was chattered because of this. The person am talking about is also a citizen but because his ssn is destroyed, he can not work in the us again and now in Nigeria, he can only come for visit, it is a true story.
Tell him you cant trust his friend, the number can be transferred ones he knows the number.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:46am On Jun 26, 2013
jonnywalker: @adeso,thanks.from the experience u shared then it means im already in danger.its my host who took it from the mailbox,photocopied iit n gave it to me the next day.in case he knows my number,can he do it without my knowledge if i move from ther

Wow!!! Photocopy it? You may need to read this:http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/EN-05-10064.pdf
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 3:38am On Jun 26, 2013
@ addeso thanks.can I in anyway change the number.cos from all indications my host knows my number.please now that he knows my number can he give it to people without my notice.if he can,how do I check to see if someone is using it aside me so that I can take appropriate action
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by teemola(f): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2013
jonnywalker: @ addeso thanks.can I in anyway change the number.cos from all indications my host knows my number.please now that he knows my number can he give it to people without my notice.if he can,how do I check to see if someone is using it aside me so that I can take appropriate action

Mr jonnywalker, you can find answeres to all your anticipated questions from this SSA site http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/EN-05-10064.pdf
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by omooye147: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Your wife "won with single", did you mean she claimed she is single with two kids or what?
her information was with an agent since 2009 when she was at her final year so the agent was playing the visa lottery for her evry year not knowing her present status ,untill she won this year.now she have two kids for me 5yrs and 2yrs.pls am worried about this can i go alone with her or we apply for the two kids because she won with my surname.we have done our traditional wedding before the birth of the first issue but no wedding yet, my agent said i should go for our registry and backdate our wedding certificate to any date before the date of the lottery result.pls i really need ur advise can i go alone with her or we perkage the kids with us with our dna test.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2013
@adesojiaderemi

The spambot banned you because of that long material you copied. Unbanned and post released
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:22am On Jun 26, 2013
justwise: @adesojiaderemi

The spambot banned you because of that long material you copied. Unbanned and post released

Thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2013
omooye147:
her information was with an agent since 2009 when she was at her final year so the agent was playing the visa lottery for her evry year not knowing her present status ,untill she won this year.now she have two kids for me 5yrs and 2yrs.pls am worried about this can i go alone with her or we apply for the two kids because she won with my surname.we have done our traditional wedding before the birth of the first issue but no wedding yet, my agent said i should go for our registry and backdate our wedding certificate to any date before the date of the lottery result.pls i really need ur advise can i go alone with her or we perkage the kids with us with our dna test.

The rule is;if you failed to include your beneficaries on the initial entrant,listing thier names after selection will disqualify your chance for futher processing.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
@adesoji,thanks very much.the info helped.now i know a serious situation ahead if my man decides to do otherwise.from what i read,thenit means even if the number is changed in future,i'll still be affected.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tweety1630: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
celinorita: Good morning ALL. Pls I need your advice. My fiance won the DV 2014 visa lottery (ie he is a selectee) as a bachelor. But, we did our traditional wedding in December last year, not yet done the white wedding though! And not planning to do it soon, finance and all.
Well! He filled the online application as a single man but he wants to include me in the selectee's information to be sent to Kentucky as his wife so we can travel together.
I am worried. Will his changed marital status affect his visa outcome?

Celinorita, I am in the same situation. I won the lottery and I want to include my boyfriend in my application. By reading the forums I think that the best way is to send the forms as single (we, the principlas), and than after we are legally married to send forms for our spouses and updated DS 230 form part 1 for us and a marriage certificate.
Please tell me what you gonna do and how you will send the forms.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
@jonnywalker...i think u should report this...for ur own safety sake.....i can give out my late uncle ssn number what do u think.....
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pakholla: 11:12am On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=Leripa]
Are they given d winners free house in america or u will buy a house
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by omooye147: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@]

ok can i now go with her as husband and we leave the kids,i hope we can then send our change of status for further processing.pls i will like to have your number if that is possible mine is 08094545501 pls.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
sendtodeji: For folks interested in obtaining training and are concerned about the cost, you should contact the nearest WIA (Workforce Investment Act). They might be able to fund your much desired training/education. WIA is a federal government program operated through the states. Your training provider has to be registered with WIA for them to agree to pay your tuition.
Does it cover short term trainings e.g. CNA or CCNA and can one apply for it without the GC & SSN?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Bored!!! what else can I do while waiting for GC & Shola-Shola o
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
idriez:
Does it cover short term trainings e.g. CNA or CCNA and can one apply for it without the GC & SSN?

They have a long list of trainings that qualify. I can tell you that most IT trainings qualify. You should give them a call to see if you can start the process while you wait for your SSN. You can always show them the stamp on your passport as a substitute for your GC. What state are you in? I can lookup WIA in your state.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
idriez: Bored!!! what else can I do while waiting for GC & Shola-Shola o

There are tons of stuff you could do, if you have access to the Internet. If you are keen on pursuing a career in IT, I can provide you several resources that you can start with to fill your knowledge gap. However, I have to first understand what those gaps are, if any. You can send me your resume for critique. Tell me what areas you are most interested/have knowledge in (your strengths).

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.