Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,389 members, 7,891,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178164 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:56am On Jul 03, 2013
jidex001: SCAM ALERT. ( I got this mail below in my email today).

Hello
dear, i am miss joy
jobe i came across your contact
at http://www.nairaland.comwhile browsing in the internet now and it
captured my interest and i become motivated to reach you,please i will like
us to hold a good relationship with a real love,your profile sound so
gentle to me that was why i fell very much eager to write you,contact me
through my  personal box(JoyJobe817@yahoo.fr) for more
introduction,also i will send my pictures to you for this will forster the
relationship and  also bring us together to know each other better,i
look forward for your response. my dear,age or colour even distance can't
deny any genuine love,so please lets give our self a trial,thanks till i
hear from you miss
joy

Na today? e don te.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:57am On Jul 03, 2013
AYOBIUM: Just arriving in Bridgeport CT....pls anyone one aorund? Thanks to everyone. Pls contact me ayobious@yahoo.com

You are welcome.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 2:03am On Jul 03, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Na today? e don te.
BABA , d guy miss road o.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 9:16am On Jul 03, 2013

Hello
dear, i am miss joy
hear from you miss
joy

I get emails like this all the time. I just delete them and never bother.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lhasky007: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2013

Hello
dear, i am miss joy
hear from you miss
joy

guys i also got the mail yesterday evening.

The dude is so dumb.

Kudos to you guys for all the contribution and bless u all n myself.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
engyadewale: My greetings to all honourable members of this hallowed room. May Almighty God increase you all in knowledge, wisdom and understanding. It's my desire to articulate certain interrogations about the payment of USCIS which is 165 dollars. I read on this forum sometimes ago that certain letters were to be changed or added to the alien number given by the embassy but I still do not understand. Please I covet your illumination on this.
Also, can the payment be made using the regular ATM debit card that is of Master card, or are there designated cards to be used for the payment?
Please succour me on these queries. Thank you so much.
Guy!!! I gbadun your use of grammar o.... (lol).
On the USCIS payment that you need illumination on, you will need to add 0 b4 the Alien no i.e. A012345678 instead of A12345678 and you can pay with a GTBank debit card linked to your current account(from my experience) or a dollar funded Visa card.
I hope these succour your queries.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Happy Independence day to all my friends on nairaland who have imigrated to dollarland, God bless America, God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 4:01am On Jul 04, 2013
Perhaps you may call KCC and provide them with the address. Have your case number and every other details close by while making the call. Just request that you will like to make an update on your forms.

opeone: Please house am one of 2014 dv immigrant winner, and i sent my forms in the month of may but in the course of filling the form DS 230 i couldn't fill question 10 and 11 where i was asked to give a permanent address in the united states where i intend to live and address where i want my permanent resident card mailed, i could fill any of the two questions and the reason was that as at that moment i haven't gotten the address but now the address is with me, pls what can i do about this and hope it's will not affect my chances. Pls sir/ma over there i need your reply.Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by goldenfish4u: 5:45am On Jul 04, 2013
Hello friend, both myself and my wife got our SSN one week after getting to the US, upper marlboro just 45min drive from Baltimore in same state of Maryland. we already downloaded and filled our ssn form planning to go to the ssn office next day, we were surprised to receive our SSN card in the post. we got here on the 19th of june, got SSN 27th of june, im suspecting they will send yours as well, if you didn't get it in the post after waiting then you can go to the ssn office
jidex001: I was in social security office today to apply in baltimore. I was told to return after the 30th day of my arrival to america. Which will be july 18 and they asked after my GC and I told them I have not got my Gc yet. Pls can anyone talk about my case.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adeadebayor: 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hello gr8 people in the haos, I have been a silent observer, reading everyones contribution from d first page 2 d last; though some pages skipped. U people have been wonderful. God wil reward everyones efforts with favor and mercy. My family is one of the dv 2014 selectee and we have sent the necessary forms. The area I need every1 genuine contribution is which training can I do in 9ja that we give me a good start over there. Let me start a brief explanation about mysef so that I can attract a genuine contribution. i have HND in mechanical Eng, 4 years experience as IT trainer in A+, Networking and CCNA. The only certification I have is CCNA. I currently work wit a coy as production supervisor. I intend to build a career in IT over there not minding delving into programming. I look forward to honest advice from the good people of the haos.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2013
adeadebayor: Hello gr8 people in the haos, I have been a silent observer, reading everyones contribution from d first page 2 d last; though some pages skipped. U people have been wonderful. God wil reward everyones efforts with favor and mercy. My family is one of the dv 2014 selectee and we have sent the necessary forms. The area I need every1 genuine contribution is which training can I do in 9ja that we give me a good start over there. Let me start a brief explanation about mysef so that I can attract a genuine contribution. i have HND in mechanical Eng, 4 years experience as IT trainer in A+, Networking and CCNA. The only certification I have is CCNA. I currently work wit a coy as production supervisor. I intend to build a career in IT over there not minding delving into programming. I look forward to honest advice from the good people of the haos.
You stand a better chance in manufacturing/production and mechanical field while you can build on your IT career with time. As a mechanical technician you can make fortune with just the use of diagnostic tool and start your workshop later, as a Production supervisor; your experience will attract most of the employers and may give you a good head start.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adeadebayor: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

You stand a better chance in manufacturing/production and mechanical field while you can build on your IT career with time. As a mechanical technician you can make fortune with just the use of diagnostic tool and start your workshop later, as a Production supervisor; your experience will attract most of the employers and may give you a good head start.

Gr8 appreciation 2 mr remi, God wil embarass u wit blessings. Please kindly throw more lyte on what diagnostic tool u refers to. I m looking @ enhancing mysef b4 comin over.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adeadebayor: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pakholla: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
pls ar they going to give houses when u arrived in d states if u are single or u will buy by ur self pls enlighten me
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pakholla: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
Pls am 17 years of age and by 2015 I will be 19years and also finished my high school with degree does dat makes me qualify for dv2015 lottery.pls help me urgent matter. Thanks forumites.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
adeadebayor:

Gr8 appreciation 2 mr remi, God wil embarass u wit blessings. Please kindly throw more lyte on what diagnostic tool u refers to. I m looking @ enhancing mysef b4 comin over.

If you are a mechanical engineer with auto option try as mush as posible to get famialiar with the use of car digonistic tool; this is simply use to diagonise a possible problem with a car in order to fix it.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
pakholla: Pls am 17 years of age and by 2015 I will be 19years and also finished my high school with degree does dat makes me qualify for dv2015 lottery.pls help me urgent matter. Thanks forumites.

Yes.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeone: 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks and God bless you... cheesy
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by samtoye(m): 12:37am On Jul 06, 2013
engyadewale: My greetings to all honourable members of this hallowed room. May Almighty God increase you all in knowledge, wisdom and understanding. It's my desire to articulate certain interrogations about the payment of USCIS which is 165 dollars. I read on this forum sometimes ago that certain letters were to be changed or added to the alien number given by the embassy but I still do not understand. Please I covet your illumination on this.
Also, can the payment be made using the regular ATM debit card that is of Master card, or are there designated cards to be used for the payment?
Please succour me on these queries. Thank you so much.

I have been a silent observer on this topic o and i don't have solution to your problem but i cant help noticing your English !!! wow !!! please i covet your illumination on how to speak like this and please succour me this request. thank you grin grin grin grin grin.

On a more serious note,for those with delayed GC, your GC is sent to the address you put down at your point of entry regardless what you filled in your earlier forms (anything longer than latest a month you should be concerned). I had a similar problem too although i filled the correct address on my point of entry but i didn't include apartment number, after waiting for 1 month i went to their office and can you imagine one of the elderly officer told me GC takes 7 months or so, people kept telling me it was a wrong info so i called their HQ office and finally the error was detected and corrected. They even said they had posted it before and it was returned undelivered, so they re-posted it and i got it 2 weeks later.

You can do most things with your SSN (you don't need GC to get SSN) and the IV in your passport, open bank account, find work and other stuffs but in Illinois you cant get a state ID without GC or driver's License.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daddykelly(m): 12:43am On Jul 06, 2013
hello please am a little bit worried,i cane into california on june 15th,i have gotten my ssn but am still waiting for my green i received a letter from uscis today confirmirming my greeen card fee payment which i payed since may and a welcome letter....i was hoping i should get my greencard by now since it has been more than 3weeks since i came here.please i will like to know the kind of paper that is mailed together with the green card,thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by samtoye(m): 1:36am On Jul 06, 2013
daddykelly: hello please am a little bit worried,i cane into california on june 15th,i have gotten my ssn but am still waiting for my green i received a letter from uscis today confirmirming my greeen card fee payment which i payed since may and a welcome letter....i was hoping i should get my greencard by now since it has been more than 3weeks since i came here.please i will like to know the kind of paper that is mailed together with the green card,thanks.

Since you have gotten the welcome letter you don't have any problem then, your GC would get to you in matter of days (exclude weekends). Your GC comes in a single sealed letter envelope.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daddykelly(m): 2:40am On Jul 06, 2013
thanks

Since you have gotten the welcome letter you don't have any problem then, your GC would get to you in matter of days (exclude weekends). Your GC comes in a single sealed letter envelope.[/quote]
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
@sentodeji,thanks for your info.God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
@adesoji,thanks for your reply.God bless you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Eboh06: 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pls house how long does it take 2 get d greencard reciept afta payment n how does d reciept luk like
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nkkystel(f): 12:35am On Jul 08, 2013
Hello house, this is to let you know that my fiance Zionking arrived in U.S (POE - New York) safely on Thursday via Emirate Airline. He is presently in Dothan, AL.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:09am On Jul 09, 2013
nkkystel: Hello house, this is to let you know that my fiance Zionking arrived in U.S (POE - New York) safely on Thursday via Emirate Airline. He is presently in Dothan, AL.

Congratulations Sis.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
adeadebayor: Hello gr8 people in the haos, I have been a silent observer, reading everyones contribution from d first page 2 d last; though some pages skipped. U people have been wonderful. God wil reward everyones efforts with favor and mercy. My family is one of the dv 2014 selectee and we have sent the necessary forms. The area I need every1 genuine contribution is which training can I do in 9ja that we give me a good start over there. Let me start a brief explanation about mysef so that I can attract a genuine contribution. i have HND in mechanical Eng, 4 years experience as IT trainer in A+, Networking and CCNA. The only certification I have is CCNA. I currently work wit a coy as production supervisor. I intend to build a career in IT over there not minding delving into programming. I look forward to honest advice from the good people of the haos.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mechanical-engineers.htm
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/automotive-service-technicians-and-mechanics.htm

If IT is your eventual goal, you already have something to start with. Certification and experience are necessary in the field of IT. I will recommend that you get your A+ certification. You should also consider getting certifications in the following areas:

Unix/Linux (e.g. Linux+, RHIT/RHCE)
Database Administration (e.g. SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL)
Project Management (e.g. Prince2, PMP, ITIL - Foundation)

Since you have experience as an IT trainer, you might be fortunate to get an opportunity as a part-time/full-time tutor at one of the Community Colleges wherever you are.

For mechanical engineering with regards to working in production, consider learning PLC programming in addition to what you currently do.

For Auto mechanic, see if you can learn the following:
* Brake Service
* General Service
* Engine repair
* Transmission repair
* Body work
* Diagnostics (you can learn the use of diagnostic tools when you get here.)

It's good to have multiple skill sets.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nkkystel(f): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations Sis.
Thanks, Oga Ade.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by remkay2012: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
House, if the status of the visa stated "ISSUED" does that means the visa is ready for collection?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 5:10am On Jul 12, 2013
@ Adesojiaderemi: How are you & the family? Thanks for your previous advice, It has really helped me in so many ways.

I have received my SSN, but still haven't gotten any positive result concerning the ''G.C''.
I'll have to apply for State ID now so I can start working, before maybe applying for another (G.C) i.e file form I-90, like you wisely advice.
Pls, I also need 1 or 2 advice from you again;
I am a School Cer. holder also with Computer Skills, though I have worked in the Banking sector back in Nigeria (Microfinance Bank for 4yrs).

(1) What kind of Job can I get without an American Certificate?
(2) How can I get a Job here in the State? Cus, I want to be Working & also Schooling.
(3) Is there any training required before getting a Job?

I look forward to your swift response, God bless you. Thanks

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
Since u have ssce, I would advice u attend a CNA or MEDTEC class it's helpful and more beneficial dan working in a mall or eatery. Jus try n locate a CNA or MEDTEC approaved training center near you and register 4 it, it will b useful 4u and from there u can go 2 community college in ur county. U can also try Correctional work too though d processng takes time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.