Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,418 members, 7,891,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:54 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178169 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Immigration bill update..
House Republicans took a tentative step toward offering citizenship to some unauthorized immigrants Tuesday, but hit an immediate wall of resistance from the White House on down as Democrats said it wasn't enough.

The dismissive reaction to the GOP proposal to offer eventual citizenship to some immigrants brought illegally to the U.S. as children underscored the difficulties of finding any compromise in the Republican-led House on the politically explosive issue of immigration.

That left prospects cloudy for one of President Barack Obama's top second-term priorities. Congress is preparing to break for a monthlong summer recess at the end of next week without action in the full House on any immigration legislation, even after the Senate passed a sweeping bipartisan bill last month to secure the borders and create a path to citizenship for the 11 million immigrants already in the country illegally.

The back-and-forth began hours before the House Judiciary Committee opened a hearing Tuesday afternoon on the question of legal status for immigrants brought here as children. House Republican leaders have embraced offering citizenship to such immigrants, and Majority Leader Eric Cantor is working on a bill toward the goal along with Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte.

They haven't released their bill yet but that didn't stop Democrats from dismissing it even before the hearing began, saying that any solution that doesn't offer citizenship to all 11 million immigrants here illegally falls short.

Over Twitter, White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer slammed "the cruel hypocrisy of the GOP immigration plan: allow some kids to stay but deport their parents."

That got a counterattack from Cantor spokesman Rory Cooper.

"If White House opposes effort to give children path to staying in only country they know, how serious are they about immigration reform?" Cooper responded over Twitter.

In fact, Democrats and immigration advocates pushed hard in past years for legislation offering citizenship to immigrants brought as youths. The so-called DREAM Act passed the House in 2010 when it was controlled by Democrats, but was blocked by Senate Republicans.

But now, with a comprehensive solution like the one passed by the Senate in sight, Democrats and outside activists say they won't settle for anything less.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojisalara: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2013
I paid for the green card before the ELIS method of payment was introduce, I just got into the country last Saturday and I didn't submit the receipt at the POE,and they didn't ask for it too, I want to know if it will delay the issuing of my Green Card and how do I go about submitting the receipt if it will be needed as an evidence of payment.Thanks and regards

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
ojisalara: I paid for the green card before the ELIS method of payment was introduce, I just got into the country last Saturday and I didn't submit the receipt at the POE,and they didn't ask for it too, I want to know if it will delay the issuing of my Green Card and how do I go about submitting the receipt if it will be needed as an evidence of payment.Thanks and regards

You don't need to bother your self with receipt, the receipt is your property and an evidence that you paid.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojisalara: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

You don't need to bother your self with receipt, the receipt is your property and an evidence that you paid.

Thank you, I will just wait for three weeks and they will post it to my address
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
joshfem04: hi everyone, i've been following dis trend for while, u guyz r great. I'm a winner plannin to travel later dis month buh av some questions i need an answer to.
1. I av a bachelors degree in biological science buh av been practicing in project management. I'm a certified PMP holder. I'm interested more in IT. Does it necessarily require of me to av a degree in IT b4 i can practice more or beta still go for more certification in IT.
2. My suppose host told me to get a nigerian driver's license while comin to d state precisely maryland. I dont av d license. Of what importance is d license.
Thank y'all

If you have some experience with Project Management and have passion for what you do, look into Oracle Primavera or other project portfolio management solution that is in demand.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
He have done it again for me,after one month two weeks in the state I got my green card and driving license today. Help me to praise God!!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:34am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=owobabaisabella]He have done it again for me,after one month two weeks in the state I got my green card and driving license today. Help me to praise God!!![/quote

Wow! that is double -double, congratulations.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 7:17am On Jul 25, 2013
owobabaisabella: He have done it again for me,after one month two weeks in the state I got my green card and driving license today. Help me to praise God!!!

Wow!!! Congrats, pls what is the process like getting a Drivers license?
How do u apply for d Online test?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojisalara: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2013
G morning,

house who has the link for the driving permit prep, the ones I'm seeing now is not as straight as the one I have seem here on Naira Land

Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojisalara: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2013
ojisalara: G morning,

house who has the link for the driving permit prep, the ones I'm seeing now is not as straight as the one I have seem here on Naira Land

Thanks
I have seen it , in case someone else is looking for it , this is the link
http://driversprep.com/test.php?state=mn
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@][/quote]

Abi o my bro, all thanks to Almighty God.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
missannie:

Wow!!! Congrats, pls what is the process like getting a Drivers license?
How do u apply for d Online test?

Thanks. In New Jersey, if you have your Nigeria international driving license you will just do knowledge test(computer base test) which u have to score 40 out of 50 questions. Immediately you will be issued your license.

The process is going to the motor vehicle commission with your green card or international passport,two proof of address(which can be your ssn letter/debit card),naija driver's license,ssn with all this you will be book for your knowledge test.

Which state are you?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
owobabaisabella:

Thanks. In New Jersey, if you have your Nigeria international driving license you will just do knowledge test(computer base test) which u have to score 40 out of 50 questions. Immediately you will be issued your license.

The process is going to the motor vehicle commission with your green card or international passport,two proof of address(which can be your ssn letter/debit card),naija driver's license,ssn with all this you will be book for your knowledge test.

Which state are you?

From TEXAS, I Don't have my GC yet, NO DR/CR card & even Nigerian Drivers License. All i have now is my SSN card, Passport only. So how can i go about it? Thanks for the previous answer.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
missannie:

From TEXAS, I Don't have my GC yet, NO DR/CR card & even Nigerian Drivers License. All i have now is my SSN card, Passport only. So how can i go about it? Thanks for the previous answer.
go to department of motor vehicle (DMV) collect a free manual guild n study all d road signs, tak some of ur staute pre test online, wen u re fully convince ,den go tak d test.
Depend on d state, some av both paper n computer test, some just computer.
In sm state u can tk d road test right away,
I don't no abt Texas

It's just common sense questions , no worries.

Driver's license is as important as having a degree.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ikomboy(m): 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
hello house...
I'm so glad to have found this online community...this is the way Nigerians truly are: helpful and kind. Not the way we are negatively portrayed to the world. $25,000 worth of Thanks to Adesojiaderemi@ for starting this helpful thread (You've saved a lot of people from wasting time and $$$) and all the helpful contributors. God bless you all, as you help others "cross the bridge" that you've already crossed...I'm learning a lot from you guys. Wuna well done ooo. I hope to write my story on this thread some day soon...thanks a lot true Nigerians... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
ighoosagie: go to department of motor vehicle (DMV) collect a free manual guild n study all d road signs, tak some of ur staute pre test online, wen u re fully convince ,den go tak d test.
Depend on d state, some av both paper n computer test, some just computer.
In sm state u can tk d road test right away,
I don't no abt Texas

It's just common sense questions , no worries.

Driver's license is as important as having a degree.

Walk in & write the test? Is it free? Pls what are the requirement? I have read the Manual & written some free online test. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 26, 2013
missannie:

Walk in & write the test? Is it free? Pls what are the requirement? I have read the Manual & written some free online test. Thanks
depend on d state, but not too cost, maybe less $15. Lik in Nevada u pay noting on d written text, bt pay $10 on each rewriting, pay $22 wen u pass d text ( 2 mk ur temp id) .
The road text is d same bt u don't pay d $22 wen u pass instead u pay $1.
Try 2 pass it once, else u spend a lot wen u fail it.
Note: even if u dont pass it d 10th time
don't give up, I no couple of people who gav up n end up staying yrs without getting it.

Get it now as people still av time 4 u, becos a time wud come no one wil send u again, not even 2 get a car 4 d road text.

As 4 me i got my even b4 I got my green card,

I went just with d 9ja passport n my ssn. ( remember dat stamp frm ur POE is ur temp green card , valid 4 a yr. Datz all.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 1:55am On Jul 27, 2013
ighoosagie: depend on d state, but not too cost, maybe less $15. Lik in Nevada u pay noting on d written text, bt pay $10 on each rewriting, pay $22 wen u pass d text ( 2 mk ur temp id) .
don't give up, I no couple of people who gav up n end up staying yrs without getting it.
Get it now as people still av time 4 u, becos a time wud come no one wil send u again, not even 2 get a car 4 d road text.
I went just with d 9ja passport n my ssn. ( remember dat stamp frm ur POE is ur temp green card , valid 4 a yr. Datz all.

Thanks ighoosagie, this is really helpful. God bless u.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 5:51am On Jul 27, 2013
I need a Job!!!!
Am a (School-Cer Holder) Any helpful Tips or Advice, I'll appreciate it.
I've applied in some of the popular glossaries stores here in d States; like Walmart, Walgreen etc
Which other industries can i apply Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2013
ojisalara:

pls did they ask 4 xray result @ POE?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2013
ighoosagie: depend on d state, but not too cost, maybe less $15. Lik in Nevada u pay noting on d written text, bt pay $10 on each rewriting, pay $22 wen u pass d text ( 2 mk ur temp id) .

@ighoosagie, pls. Whc city r u in Nevada? By God grace i'll b comin thr in d nxt 3 wks..do they also acept 9ja driva licence? Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
ojisalara:

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Husmern: @ighoosagie, pls. Whc city r u in Nevada? By God grace i'll b comin thr in d nxt 3 wks..do they also acept 9ja driva licence? Thanks
lasgidias vegas.
I don't no abt 9ja licence, wat I no is wen u moving in frm anoda state 2 resident here u just need just d written text, except u been transfered in d military, then u don't need no text .

Nija licence may help 2 reduce ur auto insurance rate, as its a prove dat u av long b driving
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
missannie:

Its $25 in texas for written test and $11 for road test.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
ighoosagie: lasgidias vegas.
I don't no abt 9ja licence, wat I no is wen u moving in frm anoda state 2 resident here u just need just d written text, except u been transfered in d military, then u don't need no text .

Nija licence may help 2 reduce ur auto insurance rate, as its a prove dat u av long b driving
thanks..hw's life ova thr? Job, sculin n other necesary stuffs? I'm also comin 2 Las vegas
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojisalara: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
Husmern: pls did they ask 4 xray result @ POE?

No, They didn't ask for it and my Medicals too, they only they want is the sealed VISA package
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 1:51am On Jul 29, 2013
I congratulate you those of you that are in the states and yet to be, for your success in the dv lottery. Is there hope for DV 2015 for us... It's been my dream since childhood to get my education, in US..... I know someone who can also get to US by employment. So any firm of help will be appreciated thank you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 4:01am On Jul 29, 2013
temmytanny:
Its $25 in texas for written test and $11 for road test.

Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 6:01am On Jul 29, 2013
ojisalara:

No, They didn't ask for it and my Medicals too, they only they want is the sealed VISA package
thanks...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
House please what is the best way to carry the cash to the US? Seeing that we will be searched by the customs people and their body will be hot if they see dollars on you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2013
Husmern: thanks...

The X-ray is for you to give to the doctor you choose to register with. Or else you will pay for another one so don't loose it.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by buklan4realyah(f): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2013
Hello house, pls wot is d best airline to fly to MARYLAND. frm nigeria

urgent response requires

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.