Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,410 members, 7,891,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178166 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

The X-ray is for you to give to the doctor you choose to register with. Or else you will pay for another one so don't loose it.
which doctor? hope is not US doctor?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
Husmern: which doctor? hope is not US doctor?

Of course, it's a US doctor. I hope you brought it with you? I thought you are already in America ?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chuck87: House please what is the best way to carry the cash to the US? Seeing that we will be searched by the customs people and their body will be hot if they see dollars on you
;

"Carry cash"? how much do you want to "carry" that you can not put in your pocket or luggage.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
Hello house, pls wot is d best airline to fly to MARYLAND. frm nigeria

urgent response requires

it all depends on your pocket, if you need an airline that wont hurt your pocket get Emirate or Qatar to NY and get peter pan from local authority to Maryland.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Husmern: thanks..hw's life ova thr? Job, sculin n other necesary stuffs? I'm also comin 2 Las vegas
its open, only if u no wat u want.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

The X-ray is for you to give to the doctor you choose to register with. Or else you will pay for another one so don't loose it.
d x-ray is a waste 2 me sha, mine was thrown in d garbage ,maybe its relevant for DV folks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by buklan4realyah(f): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

it all depends on your pocket, if you need an airline that wont hurt your pocket get Emirate or Qatar to NY and get peter pan from local authority to Maryland.

Tanx so much bros..... really appreciate
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Of course, it's a US doctor. I hope you brought it with you? I thought you are already in America ?
it hs gt lost..i'm jst comin 2 america ni o
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Husmern: it hs gt lost..i'm jst comin 2 america ni o

Not a problem , you will pay for another one here if its necessary.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
ighoosagie: its open, only if u no wat u want.
pls whc of d airline do u think is chepa 2 las vegas now? N how much is it? Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
Husmern: pls whc of d airline do u think is chepa 2 las vegas now? N how much is it? Thanks
I don't tink u can get direct frm MMA 2 McCarran airport.
Wen u book with condor airline, since dey dont work at MMA, dey will book u with anoda airline, n den use their airline 2 pick u on transit.

Or

Fly straight 2 LA den ur host can pick u up frm there, just 3.5hrs by car 2 d sin city.

Condor is more cheaper , bt stressful .

Wat eva happens in vegas stays in Vegas
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
@temmytanny, Thanks for the answer you gave me the other time, it was indeed very helpful. I have written the Texas DMV online test & i passed!!!! WOW Am so excited. They gave me a Printed Paper (As a receipt). How long will they post the Drivers Permit Card?
Pls what is d next step to do for The Road test? & get the Drivers license.
I need to start my Driving school class this week.
Expecting answers to my question. Thanks once again.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2013
ighoosagie: I don't tink u can get direct frm MMA 2 McCarran airport.
Wen u book with condor airline, since dey dont work at MMA, dey will book u with anoda airline, n den use their airline 2 pick u on transit.

Or

Fly straight 2 LA den ur host can pick u up frm there, just 3.5hrs by car 2 d sin city.

Condor is more cheaper , bt stressful .

Wat eva happens in vegas stays in Vegas
thanks vry much..i apreciate....

Wat eva happens in vegas stays in Vegas? Can u pls tel me wht u mean by ths word...n whc 1 is sin city? Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 11:48am On Aug 01, 2013
For those of you coming to maryland with nigeria driver's licence..

MVA will ask you to get a driving record from road safety Nigeria. Then when u get it, u will have to go to nigeria embassy @ washington DC for authentication to confirm how true the letter is. After that u will return it and get set for ur online test after that u will waiting for some 45days for road test. Then u will be issued with driver's licence

Is better u go for the learner permit.

My advice is once u come in maryland, just prepare for test once and for all.. Don't have a divided mind..* No playing things*

Most work here.. The first thiing u will be ask is do u have a driver's licence.

Most of our host are old sch and d system has really change...lolzzzz

Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 11:51am On Aug 01, 2013
When u come to maryland.. In one way or the other. U have not got ur driver licence . Instantly go for state I'd. No state I'd or driver license . No work. Gba.
Love u all.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 1:17am On Aug 03, 2013
missannie: @temmytanny, Thanks for the answer you gave me the other time, it was indeed very helpful. I have written the Texas DMV online test & i passed!!!! WOW Am so excited. They gave me a Printed Paper (As a receipt). How long will they post the Drivers Permit Card?
Pls what is d next step to do for The Road test? & get the Drivers license.
I need to start my Driving school class this week.
Expecting answers to my question. Thanks once again.

Congratulations for passing the written test. However, you will not receive any Driving/Learner Permit Card in the mail except you apply and pay a fee of $11.00 for it. The $25.00 fee you paid when you applied for the driver`s license is all you need to pay and you have until 90 days after the day you wrote the test to pass the Road Test. You have 3 attempts and you can only fail the road test 2 times. If you fail the 3rd time, you will have to apply again and start the process all over again. If you already know how to drive or have little knowledge, I will advise that you start practising parallel parking. Its a major aspect of the road test here in the USA. But if you do not know how to drive at all, then you need to apply for a Driving/Learner Permit asap so that you can be able to drive having a licensed driver of not less than 21 yrs old with at least 2 yrs of driving experience with you in the front seat anytime you are driving. You can go to any DMV office around you to practice the parallel parking during weekends only. Do not forget to study the Texas driver`s manual to know more about the rules. Very important! Hope this helps
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 03, 2013
[size=20pt]TEXAS driving text pass jamb[/size]
Allybert:

Congratulations for passing the written test. However, you will not receive any Driving/Learner Permit Card in the mail except you apply and pay a fee of $11.00 for it. The $25.00 fee you paid when you applied for the driver`s license is all you need to pay and you have until 90 days after the day you wrote the test to pass the Road Test. You have 3 attempts and you can only fail the road test 2 times. If you fail the 3rd time, you will have to apply again and start the process all over again. If you already know how to drive or have little knowledge, I will advise that you start practising parallel parking. Its a major aspect of the road test here in the USA. But if you do not know how to drive at all, then you need to apply for a Driving/Learner Permit asap so that you can be able to drive having a licensed driver of not less than 21 yrs old with at least 2 yrs of driving experience with you in the front seat anytime you are driving. You can go to any DMV office around you to practice the parallel parking during weekends only. Do not forget to study the Texas driver`s manual to know more about the rules. Very important! Hope this helps
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 03, 2013
[size=20pt]TEXAS driving text pass jamb[/size]
Allybert:

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2013
ighoosagie: [size=20pt]TEXAS driving text pass jamb[/size]

It is not as tough as it sound. I know someone who completed the whole process within a week. I completed mine in 2 weeks because of my busy schedule. Knowing how to drive (partially) and studying the manual before taking the tests is the only way out. You won`t be taken to the highway or a busy road; just within a street. Going left, right several times observing the traffic signs and the traffic rules & regulations.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Allybert:

I di mine in arlington of office and paid $11 for the road test.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyinyechi(f): 12:20am On Aug 05, 2013
@ Adesoji,Temmy,Deji and all the active members of this forum,i want to appreciate you for the great jobs you are doing in this forum it is priceless.Got to know about this forum through my hubby and decided to check it out though i have been registered but inactive for years. I must say you guys are the best MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND REWARD YOU ALL IN WAYS YOU DO NOT EXPECT IN JESUS NAME AMEN. Remain blessed![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyinyechi(f): 12:31am On Aug 05, 2013
sendtodeji: For folks interested in obtaining training and are concerned about the cost, you should contact the nearest WIA (Workforce Investment Act). They might be able to fund your much desired training/education. WIA is a federal government program operated through the states. Your training provider has to be registered with WIA for them to agree to pay your tuition.

Hi Deji,

Please can you throw more light concerning this WIA training/education funding. What are the requirements and how soon can one apply. Thanks for your quick response
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 2:07am On Aug 05, 2013
missannie: I need a Job!!!!
Am a (School-Cer Holder) Any helpful Tips or Advice, I'll appreciate it.
I've applied in some of the popular glossaries stores here in d States; like Walmart, Walgreen etc
Which other industries can i apply Thanks

What state are you? Are you good with computers? By that I meant knowing your way around Office applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Most people don't know that with a sound knowledge of productivity applications like the ones mentioned, you can land a nice job and not have to work at restaurants. I didn't know that too when I came in.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 2:16am On Aug 05, 2013
oyinyechi:

Hi Deji,

Please can you throw more light concerning this WIA training/education funding. What are the requirements and how soon can one apply. Thanks for your quick response

Hi Oyinyechi,

The requirements vary a little bit from state to state. Some state will require that you take a test. One of the requirements is that you are either unemployed or underemployed. What state are you at? I could help you look up some of the requirements.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/WIA_Q_and_As_Eligibility.htm
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 2:20am On Aug 05, 2013
temmytanny:
I di mine in arlington of office and paid $11 for the road test.

Did you apply for a permit after paying $25.00 for the driver`s license? Because when I did mine at the DMV`s office on Babcock Rd, San Antonio TX. I only paid the $25.00 for the driver`s license and after passing the written test, I wanted to get a permit but the lady who was attending to me advised that it will cost $11.00 and that its going to be a waste of money since I have the opportunity of doing the road test 3 times with the $25.00 I paid already. I guess you were asked to pay the $11.00 when you want to do the road test because you already got a permit upon passing the written test...

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Timika: 7:23am On Aug 06, 2013
Pls folks what do i do at this time? I posted my forms 122 and 230 to KCC on d first week of June 2013; but till now, i hav not gotten any reply from them about my interview date or visa number. I posted the hard copies of my 122 and 230 through DHL. Pls help me.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
ahmedgafar7: I congratulate you those of you that are in the states and yet to be, for your success in the dv lottery. Is there hope for DV 2015 for us... It's been my dream since childhood to get my education, in US..... I know someone who can also get to US by employment. So any firm of help will be appreciated thank you
lets wait till its annouced officially via d dv web.
Dreams come tru....dont give up
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
Timika: Pls folks what do i do at this time? I posted my forms 122 and 230 to KCC on d first week of June 2013; but till now, i hav not gotten any reply from them about my interview date or visa number. I posted the hard copies of my 122 and 230 through DHL. Pls help me.

Everything about dv is "Patience", so wait patiently for your 2nd letter.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyinyechi(f): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
sendtodeji:

Hi Oyinyechi,

The requirements vary a little bit from state to state. Some state will require that you take a test. One of the requirements is that you are either unemployed or underemployed. What state are you at? I could help you look up some of the requirements.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/WIA_Q_and_As_Eligibility.htm

Thanks Deji,am in Georgia
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sendtodeji: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
oyinyechi:

Thanks Deji,am in Georgia

Nice! You are in my neighborhood.

http://workforce.georgia.gov/resources-wia-services .
Go to your nearest WIA office. They will ask you to take TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education).

http://www.fldoe.org/workforce/programs/vpi_ck.asp

There are several practise tests online that you can use.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
Payments and documentations at windows 18 and 22 respectively. We waited for our tag no to be displayed and at about 11:48am our tag no showed at window 14.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
Me: good morning
CO: good morning Mr and Mrs __________
CO: pls let me have your fingerprints
Me and wife did, then he asked my wife to go and sit down
CO: what is your highest level of education?
Me: told him
CO: which school and what course did you study?
CO: where have you worked?
Me: told him by mentioning my previous employers
CO: where do you work at the moment?
CO: what do you do there?
CO: how long have you been married?
Me: told him........he was looking at my wife and our son
CO: can i see your picture album?
Me: brought it out and flipped through the pages one by one
CO: it's okay, i'm going to approve your visas
Me: thank you

He then gave me two white sheets, one for the visa pick up address and the other one for the USCIS payment. Na so baba GOD take do am oooooo!!!
Thanks to everybody that has been of great and immense help on here. I love you all.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by auschris: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
congrats
Leripa: Payments and documentations at windows 18 and 22 respectively. We waited for our tag no to be displayed and at about 11:48am our tag no showed at window 14.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
Me: good morning
CO: good morning Mr and Mrs __________
CO: pls let me have your fingerprints
Me and wife did, then he asked my wife to go and sit down
CO: what is your highest level of education?
CO: which school and what course did you study?
CO: where have you worked?
Me: told him by mentioning my previous employers
CO: where do you work at the moment?
CO: what do you do there?
CO: how long have you been married?
Me: told him........he was looking at my wife and our son
CO: can i see your picture album?
Me: brought it out and flipped through the pages one by one
CO: it's okay, i'm going to approve your visas
Me: thank you

He then gave me two white sheets, one for the visa pick up address and the other one for the USCIS payment. Na so baba GOD take do am oooooo!!!
Thanks to everybody that has been of great and immense help on here. I love you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.