Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,791 members, 7,921,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:08 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178955 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Congratulations to my friend Leripa, I am very happy for you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 3:57am On Aug 08, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Congratulations to my friend Leripa, I am very happy for you and your family.

Thanks very much.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
Allybert: House, please can a permanent resident be approved for Medicaid? I am in Texas and I already applied for medicaid for my wife after an emergency visit to the hospital when she was having some pains below her abdomen and the bills already arrived in the mail.. it is approximately 3200.00usd... We`ve got CHIP and STAR benefits. But a social worker informed us that those does not cover emergency visits to the hospital and also that we are not qualify for Medicaid. So I am confused as to what to do now. Has the social worker misinformed us or what? Please I need a quick advise from whoever have been through this before. Thanks

Hello , please what eventually happened ? We're u given the Medicaid?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
Pls house I want to confirm if airlines provide temporary hotel accomodation during stopovers. The emirate I want to book has a stop over of about 19 hours in Dubai and I will be with 2 kids. If there won't be hotel I might have 2 change the flight because of the kids. Pls kindly advice.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2013
pator: Pls house I want to confirm if airlines provide temporary hotel accomodation during stopovers. The emirate I want to book has a stop over of about 19 hours in Dubai and I will be with 2 kids. If there won't be hotel I might have 2 change the flight because of the kids. Pls kindly advice.
pls pastor, how much is d emirate one way ticket per 1head now? To los angelis
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2013
Husmern: pls pastor, how much is d emirate one way ticket per 1head now? To los angelis

I am not going to LA I'm going to Boston. But you can easily check on their website @ www.flyemirate.com. It's quite simple. The price will depend on your day of departure. From what I've seen so far, emirate is quite cheaper than other airlines.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by auschris: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
I think they provide accommodation for passengers whose flights have long stop overs. U can contact their Nigeria office to confirm. The phone no is ön their website. Alternatively, you can go for other options with 8hrs or less than 2hrs stop over
pator: Pls house I want to confirm if airlines provide temporary hotel accomodation during stopovers. The emirate I want to book has a stop over of about 19 hours in Dubai and I will be with 2 kids. If there won't be hotel I might have 2 change the flight because of the kids. Pls kindly advice.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by auschris: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote author=auschris][/quote]

I also think they do, my stopover was for 9 hours and they gave me meal voucher , though I asked late, they may have given me a hotel too. Ask before you buy, especially as you have children, it's a long wait.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
auschris: I think they provide accommodation for passengers whose flights have long stop overs. U can contact their Nigeria office to confirm. The phone no is ön their website. Alternatively, you can go for other options with 8hrs or less than 2hrs stop over

Thx I will do just that
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

I also think they do, my stopover was for 9 hours and they gave me meal voucher , though I asked late, they may have given me a hotel too. Ask before you buy, especially as you have children, it's a long wait.

Oh thx.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by drumma(m): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2013

Hi, if you're travelling with emirates and ur NUC is which is supposed to be the base fare without exclusive of ur tax is up to 800$, emirates will give u a complimentary hotel which is called an stpc. For more articulate consultation u can reach me on 08174480280.

If anyone needs flight enquiries &consultation to any part of the world, do not hesitate to contact me too
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by auschris: 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
Can someone that booked a return ticket and travelled on the '1st leg' of the journey get a refund if he/she does not want to embark on the 'return leg'? If yes, what are the steps to follow for emirates airline and what percentage of the fare would be refunded?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:34am On Aug 10, 2013
pator:

I am not going to LA I'm going to Boston. But you can easily check on their website @ www.flyemirate.com. It's quite simple. The price will depend on your day of departure. From what I've seen so far, emirate is quite cheaper than other airlines.

Where in Boston are you going, I am in Boston Area.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:34am On Aug 10, 2013
auschris: Can someone that booked a return ticket and travelled on the '1st leg' of the journey get a refund if he/she does not want to embark on the 'return leg'? If yes, what are the steps to follow for emirates airline and what percentage of the fare would be refunded?

I don't think you can unless it's a full cost ticket.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by drumma(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2013
auschris: Can someone that booked a return ticket and travelled on the '1st leg' of the journey get a refund if he/she does not want to embark on the 'return leg'? If yes, what are the steps to follow for emirates airline and what percentage of the fare would be refunded?

@auschris you can get a full refund on the return leg of ur ticket if ticket is refundable. Basically the way we calculate it is if the cost of a one way ticket is higher than the return ticket u have then automatically u might not get a refund value for your ticket so basically, I'd advise u get consultation before u purchase any ticket. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Where in Boston are you going, I am in Boston Area.

Boss I am actually going to Chelmsford in MA.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by auschris: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
drumma:

@auschris you can get a full refund on the return leg of ur ticket if ticket is refundable. Basically the way we calculate it is if the cost of a one way ticket is higher than the return ticket u have then automatically u might not get a refund value for your ticket so basically, I'd advise u get consultation before u purchase any ticket. Thanks
@drumma, thanks. is it possible to get any kind of refund at all even if it is not the full value of the return ticket?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ernestleon(m): 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
Good evening house,I won the dv lottery and I intend returning to Italy where I currently reside to finish my studies.My intentions are to get the green card and go back to Italy because I have just 1year and 6 months left to graduating.I intend getting a re-entry permit when leaving Us.Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
[quote author=pator]

Boss I am actually going to Chelmsford in MA.

Alright, I guess Chelmsford is a nice place with unemployment rate of 4.9%.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mikeudoka: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hello my people in the house. I recently collected my visa and travel documents and I intend to travel to Atlanta by month end. Please I need some counselling from my experienced people in the house.
1. The final destination address on the cover page of my travel envelop has my name on it instead of the name of the occupant of the residence as I filled in my forms. Is this an issue?
2. What is the fairest route and airline I can take to Atlanta.
3. Which option is better. Agent or self booking online?
4. Anything I should acquire here in Nigeria before travelling? Like documents, skills or...
5. What is the fate of a Bsc holder in Human Anatomy
6. Anybody in the house staying in Atlanta that a brother can relate with? Pls let's hook up
7. How much is a one bedroom apartment over there
8. Is it true that a simple haircut can cost up to 30 dollars? Are you kidding me!
9. ............Anything I shud know please
My people please help a brother out. Relocating to America no be vacation trip to Obudu Cattle Ranch o. I no for like dull myself one minute.
Gracias
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
mike udoka: Hello my people in the house. I recently collected my visa and travel documents and I intend to travel to Atlanta by month end. Please I need some counselling from my experienced people in the house.
1. The final destination address on the cover page of my travel envelop has my name on it instead of the name of the occupant of the residence as I filled in my forms. Is this an issue?
2. What is the fairest route and airline I can take to Atlanta.
3. Which option is better. Agent or self booking online?
4. Anything I should acquire here in Nigeria before travelling? Like documents, skills or...
5. What is the fate of a Bsc holder in Human Anatomy
6. Anybody in the house staying in Atlanta that a brother can relate with? Pls let's hook up
7. How much is a one bedroom apartment over there
8. Is it true that a simple haircut can cost up to 30 dollars? Are you kidding me!
9. ............Anything I shud know please
My people please help a brother out. Relocating to America no be vacation trip to Obudu Cattle Ranch o. I no for like dull myself one minute.
Gracias
1. Not a problem
2. Tk delta airline.
3. Compare n check out d diff.
4. Nothing much, hope u no Hw 2 drive.
8.lwkmd. Beta turn dada .

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mikeudoka: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
ighoosagie: 1. Not a problem
2. Tk delta airline.
3. Compare n check out d diff.
4. Nothing much, hope u no Hw 2 drive.
8.lwkmd. Beta turn dada .

Thanks my brother. I appreciate
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Good evening house! My name is Chibuikem a DV 2013 winner, and just discovered this thread yesterday. I want to say a big thank you to everyone for all the information that has been freely given on here, God go butter una bread till infinity in Jesus' name.

Reading all these comments has really stirred up something in me, the passion that we feel and drive that we have to succeed as Nigerians no matter what, is commendable. Shun say we dey find greener pastures, almost nothing compares to the Naija spirit!

My interview is on Wednesday 7am, I have no fear but strong belief that God has done it already. I want to encourage everyone who is also yet to be interviewed to be confident, God don do am.

Does anyone know if something can be done about this situation? I submitted those DS forms last year and I got married this year in April. Is there any chance whatsoever that my wife could be included in this visa? If there is, how could I go about it?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 3:37am On Aug 12, 2013
Thanks everyone for ur wonderful work.i recently moved to ohio n i badly need the driving manual to help me pass the knowledge test.im asking if i can study the ones people have posted for different state.if not then i would be very grateeful to get the ohio drivin manual on this thread.thanks n stay bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hello house, please how long does it take to get the green card in the mail in Texas and how long before I can get the SSN? I already have an SSN from my previous visit, what do I do?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
jonnywalker: Thanks everyone for ur wonderful work.i recently moved to ohio n i badly need the driving manual to help me pass the knowledge test.im asking if i can study the ones people have posted for different state.if not then i would be very grateeful to get the ohio drivin manual on this thread.thanks n stay bless
just go to ohio department of motor vehicle n grab as many as u want. it free

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by drumma(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
auschris:
@drumma, thanks. is it possible to get any kind of refund at all even if it is not the full value of the return ticket?

@auschris like I said earlier,n it depends on the value of the NUC of ur ticket. If the value is less the actual price of a one way ticket then u might get some refund back another point is refunds might not be applicable to taxes on ur ticket so u need to probably check with ur agent to know if you ticket is refundable, or if it's also refundable after depature(thats getting the refund value of the unused sector)
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=Freshie]Good evening house! My name is Chibuikem a DV 2013 winner, and just discovered this thread yesterday. I want to say a big thank you to everyone for all the information that has been freely given on here, God go butter una bread till infinity in Jesus' name.

Reading all these comments has really stirred up something in me, the passion that we feel and drive that we have to succeed as Nigerians no matter what, is commendable. Shun say we dey find greener pastures, almost nothing compares to the Naija spirit!

My interview is on Wednesday 7am, I have no fear but strong belief that God has done it already. I want to encourage everyone who is also yet to be interviewed to be confident, God don do am.

Does anyone know if something can be done about this situation? I submitted those DS forms last year and I got married this year in April. Is there any chance whatsoever that my wife could be included in this visa? If there is, how could I go about it?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks[/quote

I believe you should have sent copies of your marriage certificate and any other relevant documents to them immediately you got married. Since your interview has already been scheduled for Wednesday,I doubt inclusion is possible now.
It is ,most times stated clearly that , any change of status after you have been selected, should immediately be made known to the Visa Center, as you did not intimate them in this case, I don't really know what they will say now, maybe its best you finish your own application succeesfuly before you say anything about being married. Others here should give their opinion
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lorddom(m): 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
I DON REACH THE LAND
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 14, 2013
lorddom: I DON REACH THE LAND
just dey rest , go places , update ur facebook wit new pix becos, time wud com u won't av time 2 do it nmore.

Welcome 2 God's own country

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Jinny123(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello forumites, pls help me out, my medical is expiring @ d end of ds month and am still on naija soil, pls ao can i go abt it? Though my visa has been approved but am not planning to travel now until next month end, hope ds won't av any effect on me @ d point of entry. Pls i need ur advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.