Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,494 members, 7,951,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:44 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (179608 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:36am On Jun 02, 2013
ruomal: . Please I'm a dv 2013 winner, i applied as single, I have done my interview and it was successful. My question now is: Now I'm married please I need people to advice me hope it won't affect me and please when can my wife join me in U S? Thanks.

Congratulations, getting married is never a problem, you can file for your wife to join you later.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:42am On Jun 03, 2013
10 Steps to Starting a Business
Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. These 10 easy steps can help you plan, prepare and manage your business.

Step 1: Write a Business Plan
Use these tools and resources to create a business plan. This written guide will help you map out how you will start and run your business successfully.

Step 2: Get Business Assistance and Training
Take advantage of free training and counseling services, from preparing a business plan and securing financing, to expanding or relocating a business.

Step 3: Choose a Business Location
Get advice on how to select a customer-friendly location and comply with zoning laws.

Step 4: Finance Your Business
Find government backed loans, venture capital and research grants to help you get started.

Step 5: Determine the Legal Structure of Your Business
Decide which form of ownership is best for you: sole proprietorship, partnership, Limited Liability Company (LLC), corporation, S corporation, nonprofit or cooperative.

Step 6: Register a Business Name ("Doing Business As"wink
Register your business name with your state government.

Step 7: Get a Tax Identification Number
Learn which tax identification number you'll need to obtain from the IRS and your state revenue agency.

Step 8: Register for State and Local Taxes
Register with your state to obtain a tax identification number, workers' compensation, unemployment and disability insurance.

Step 9: Obtain Business Licenses and Permits
Get a list of federal, state and local licenses and permits required for your business.

Step 10: Understand Employer Responsibilities
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lagdude: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nairalanders,kindly assist a brother,my wife was selected for 2014 DV,just checked on Saturday 1st June. The problem here is i dont know how to go about the processing. Please kindly assist a fellow. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Samimo: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
lagdude: Nairalanders,kindly assist a brother,my wife was selected for 2014 DV,just checked on Saturday 1st June. The problem here is i dont know how to go about the processing. Please kindly assist a fellow. Thanks
Am Kenyan in Naija family, print out the notification. Then visit www.dvselectees.state.gov fill the dsp forms caredully and submit to KCC. Join thread Dv 2014 winners u'll get more info. Hope av been of help
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
I saw this link and i thought i should post on
it happened in Texas
What u do have a have to say about it
have u ever experience any racist abuse while in the USA
http://news.yahoo.com/video/jasper-police-dept-video-182404018.html
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by virginofafrica(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
lagdude: Nairalanders,kindly assist a brother,my wife was selected for 2014 DV,just checked on Saturday 1st June. The problem here is i dont know how to go about the processing. Please kindly assist a fellow. Thanks
sire remember, that the way you will fill this first form will determine how successful your interview will be. So please sire i will advice you to fill with care and be truthful, first print out your appointment letter, then visit www'dvselectee.state.gov, and print out the dsp122 and ds230. And make sure it is well fill, please note that all questions on that form have 30 minute to answer each. So please take your time and fill well, dont forget to scan both the appointment letter, your bar code, your dsp and your passport photograph along. Note you must write your case number along the left hand side of all document. Read instructions for more clearification and better understanding. Success sire
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
chio: I saw this link and i thought i should post on
it happened in Texas
What u do have a have to say about it
have u ever experience any racist abuse while in the USA
http://news.yahoo.com/video/jasper-police-dept-video-182404018.html

I watched the video clip yesterday, it wasn't a surprise, things happen everyday. The two cops were fired and there may be a possible law suite too.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
Guys, WN POSITIONS IS A SCAM CALL, PLEASE DONT RELEASE YOUR INFORMATION TO THEM.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kevweflex(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Guys, WN POSITIONS IS A SCAM CALL, PLEASE DONT RELEASE YOUR INFORMATION TO THEM.

What is WN POSITIONS?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2013
kevwe_flex:

What is WN POSITIONS?

WN Positions is sending a robo-calls to be people in United state seeking job,information about WN Positions was first submitted to Scambook on Feb 19, 2013. Since then the page has accumulated 138 consumer complaints. On average users reported $7334.02 of damages. Scambook's investigation team reached out to this company a total of 5 times, Scambook Investigators last contacted them on Apr 12, 2013.
Company Information

Phone:434-483-2364, (703) 348-3595
Email:Email Not Yet on File
Additional Employees: No known Employees
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by olanrewaju76: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Hello guys. What is ur experience like on etihad airline to the US? Is the airline OK?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:37am On Jun 05, 2013
olanrewaju76: Hi guys up there, I am a DV selectee and I have been scheduled for interview in the American embassy next week. what was it like during your time? I mean what I should expect. Thanks

Adequate preparation, boldness, and sincerity are the keywords to a successful interview. Scan through your academic course works, be honest with your marital status and pray for unusual favor.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Please I need advice on how to go about something. My Visa was just granted yesterday, however I am expecting a baby in a few weeks from now. The CO told me when the baby is born we should come with her passport and medicals to get visa for her.
I just want to know what process I will go through. Do I have to contact KCC first and what are the forms I will fill. Please advice.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
[quote author=pator]Please I need advice on how to go about something. My Visa was just granted yesterday, however I am expecting a baby in a few weeks from now. The CO told me when the baby is born we should come with her passport and medicals to get visa for her.
I just want to know what process I will go through. Do I have to contact KCC first and what are the forms I will fill. Please advice.

[/quote

Wow! how I wish you get to the state before the baby's arrival. however, there is no problem with new arrival just like the officer said; make sure you notify the embassy immediately, you just need to fill a new ds 230, get a passport for the baby. In my own case I notified Lagos IV directly because my wife delivered the baby after wining dv, and I got a reply through phone call that they received my petition and they also copy NVS.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@][/quote]

Thanks for always been there brother.I didn't know it is that simple. The plan was actually to have the baby over there however the interview was delayed till now. There is no way we can make it down now because we are just a few weeks to delivery day.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by honeydee: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hi all. Pls how long does the USCIS payment take? I paid last week but it still shows pending
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
honeydee: Hi all. Pls how long does the USCIS payment take? I paid last week but it still shows pending

honeydee, stop bothering yourself monitoring the process. Sometimes, what you have on the system may not be actual updates.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by honeydee: 11:37am On Jun 06, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

honeydee, stop bothering yourself monitoring the process. Sometimes, what you have on the system may not be actual updates.

Oh ok luv. Thanks a lot. I guess I'll jus chill till I leave for the states then.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by zedvneger(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hello house
i have some technical problem paying USCIS immigration fee, i got blocked for some reason i don't know. i tried to resolve it with everything phone,..email
nothing seems to work. is there anyone faced same problem like mine? how to resolve this?...what is the worst thing if no payment before departing to us? what is the alternative way for completion of the payement.
Thank you all
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
ze.dv.neger:
Hello house
i have some technical problem paying USCIS immigration fee, i got blocked for some reason i don't know. i tried to resolve it with everything phone,..email
nothing seems to work. is there anyone faced same problem like mine? how to resolve this?...what is the worst thing if no payment before departing to us? what is the alternative way for completion of the payement.
Thank you all

Why cant you wait till you come over.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by fenitan(m): 2:44am On Jun 07, 2013
Pls how do I fill the Supplemental Registration for Diversity Immigrant Visa program, am I going to fill with my fathers name has I filled last year or with my Husband name because I got married March these year. I want to return the form but don't no if to fill with. My old name or new name (mrs) pls help. Some says I should but my new name Mrs instead of miss i used in my application.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 6:24am On Jun 07, 2013
ze.dv.neger:
Hello house
Thank you all
hello,

Below is how u will go about paying.

you have to open account, before u can pay.

Thanks

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b1659e415d116310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=b1659e415d116310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2013
fenitan: Pls how do I fill the Supplemental Registration for Diversity Immigrant Visa program, am I going to fill with my fathers name has I filled last year or with my Husband name because I got married March these year. I want to return the form but don't no if to fill with. My old name or new name (mrs) pls help. Some says I should but my new name Mrs instead of miss i used in my application.

If any changes occur after winning the lottery such as a change of address, marriage, or a new child, the selectee must update the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) with the new information. They must also pay additional immigrant visa fees and submit DS-230 forms for all new dependents.

Please note that in an effort to root out fraud, the U.S. government closely scrutinizes any marriages that occur after an individual has won the lottery.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
@honeydee thanks for your assistance with the Ghanaian police report. I had to pay 200$ for it though as an international.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dannyam: Hi guys, had my interview yesterday and thought i should share the experience with you.
Interview
Co: Do you swear that whatever you have provided here in this and what you will in this interview is true?
Me: Yes I do
Co: Good
Co: What is your current occupation?
Me: Unemployed
Co: Are you looking for a job?
Me: Yes
Co: What kind of job?
Me: Finance or Banking
Co: Are you married?
Me: No
Co: Do you have children?
Me: No
Co: When did you graduated from school?
Me: University?
Co: Yes
Me: 2010
Co: Daniel, am gonna ask you to come on the 5th April to pick up your visa. Don't make any traveling arrangement
until you have your visa.
Me: I want to change my host's address. can i do that?
Co: Sure
Co: Take this paper and write the address for me
Me: Thanks, but i already have it here on a piece of paper.
Co: Oh, great!
Co: That will be all
Me: Thanks grin grin grin grin
My POE is NYC. how is searching for a job in NYC like? i have a degree in economics. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to you all!!!!

Congrats!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
seal777: Seal777 reporting live from Houston , Texas.

Landed sunday night at the George Bush Airport aboard Qatar airways after 8 hrs stop over in doha, went through the immigration, stopped for a check on my baggade and have my dried meat ( tinko ) , ginger and knoor chicken trashed by the airport screening officials, i was advice before leaving Naija to take red cab home since my host will nto be available to pick me at the airport but i saved $46 by taking a shuttle bus for $34 ( after an intenet search for cheaper shuttle at Doha ) instead of red cab for $80 to my destination ( naija brain ? ).

I am home trying to learn the ropes, gone out sevarally using the metro bus card with effective use of the navigation on my ipad. Its a nice environment here in houston and i am hoping to enjoy every bit of it.

In the meantime, i opened an account with Bank of America already and started spending from the account.......waiting arround for my GC and SSN. I have got some job offers awaiting my documentation.

All for now, thanks all for your support.

Congrats Sir!
I noticed you said you had some jobs awaiting some documentation. How did you get them before travelling?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by honeydee: 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Chuck87: @honeydee thanks for your assistance with the Ghanaian police report. I had to pay 200$ for it though as an international.

Ure welcome but do you already have your interview date cos its better to do it close to your interview. I'm nt too sure of how long it takes to expire.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by zedvneger(m): 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
cos it says so, an immigrant has to pay USCIS immigration fee before departing to US
adesojiaderemi@:

Why cant you wait till you come over.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
honeydee:

Ure welcome but do you already have your interview date cos its better to do it close to your interview. I'm nt too sure of how long it takes to expire.

Yeah, my interview is in July. It should take at least 3 months to expire...hopefully.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by honeydee: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
You are right. All the best my dear

Chuck87:

Yeah, my interview is in July. It should take at least 3 months to expire...hopefully.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
Please I have a concern I need to clarify. My host just raised an issue that my wife might not be able to work for several months or even years because we will be going with about 3 months old baby. His argument is that we will not be able to afford a nanny and so she has to stay at home to nurse the baby. Please experience people how true is this?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by smoothsailor: 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
please i'm a new dv winner that just came into the country and residing in minnesota. please i have a wife that is four month pregnant and i will like to know the benefits we qualify for as a green card holder and where she can get started with the anti natal things because we are just finding our feet and as of present, we still lives with a friend as we are less down 2 weeks old in the country. Thnks

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.