Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (177676 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 2:24am On Oct 29, 2013
faithman2020:

Ok , thank so much¶
Wish you all the best in your Job search.

You're welcome bro..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 10:08am On Oct 29, 2013
faithman2020:

The information you need is in your Visa.
Thank you very much,we are have paid for our gc yesterday, it now remain ssn which we will do today.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
faithman2020:
ARE WE REALLY ENTITLE TO SOME DOLLARS(TAX RELIEVE) FROM IRS IN JANUARY IF WE CAN GET A JOB BEFORE THE YEAR RUN OUT PLEASE I WANT SOMEONE TO PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THE HOUSE AS ONE OF MY CLOSE BROTHER IN CHURCH TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE GIVING $7000 IN THERE FIRST YEAR IN MINNESOTA BECAUSE THE TOTAL EARNING FOR THAT YEAR WAS NOT UP TO THE EARNING HE OUGHT TO MAKE FOR THE YEAR.

Yes, it is mandatory you file tax every year and If you don't earn enough you get tax return.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
Fortsucc: Please forumite, I am confused about something, the yellow envelop that was given to us along with our passport,the white sheet that was attached to it that contained some information was collected from us by the immigration officer at the poe. My question now is our we not going to use the information on the sheet for our gc registration? Please advise us,thanks.

You don't need to bother yourself, what you have on the paper is already on your file on the system.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by faithman2020: 12:00am On Oct 30, 2013
YessWeeCan:

You're welcome bro..

Guess What my SSN and that of my wife was in our apt box why I was nagging yesterday.it remains that of my two kids and our green cards.
I called them these morning I was told to what after 45 days from the day of payment.

I had a very funny Job interview today at RGIS LLC.¶™

FAITH WORKS WONDERS¶™@ PEOPLE here think MY God is a magician.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by faithman2020: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Yes, it is mandatory you file tax every year and If you don't earn enough you get tax return.

Got you bros. I am starting work Immediately.
FAITH WORKS WONDERS™
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tobihenryo: 1:00am On Oct 30, 2013
Pls is there anyone around Jacksonville florida,I need information please as here is so dry.thanks in anticipation................
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 1:59am On Oct 30, 2013
faithman2020:

Guess What my SSN and that of my wife was in our apt box why I was nagging yesterday.it remains that of my two kids and our green cards.
I called them these morning I was told to what after 45 days from the day of payment.

I had a very funny Job interview today at RGIS LLC.¶™

FAITH WORKS WONDERS¶™@ PEOPLE here think MY God is a magician.

You can say that again bro, faith works like magic. in no time every other thing will begin to fall in place. congrats bro...

Lest i forget, what makes the interview funny?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mikeudoka: 1:00am On Oct 31, 2013
Hello house. Please I need advice. I have WAEC and GCE certificates. The WAEC has high grades on all subjects except Maths as it was withheld, the GCE on the other hand has average grades but a D7 in economics. Should I send both of them for evaluation? Or only the GCE?
Please advice ASAP
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Amedino1: 2:13am On Oct 31, 2013
chio: hello Forumites
Still need your advice on what to do concerning my Green Card.
I told u earlier that i called USCIS office and the gave me a tracking number to track my green card i tracked it and found out it was delivered on the 28th of sept to my Host former address.
I called the Post office they said they have delivered it to the given address.
We have gone to the former address to see if i we can meet the new occupant but it seems no one has fully packed in but it seems someone comes to pick mails from the mail box.
My host droped a letter in his post box dat someone was expecting a letter dropped @this address pls could u call this number
wen we went back the 3rd time the note has been taken with other letters there but no one has called since 3days now.
Pls what do i do

I also changed my address @the port of entry wen i arrived @JFK but wen i called USCIS they did nt effect the change the still went ahead to post it to the old addy
am confused now
called post office they said the delivered it to that addy

Go to the nearest post office in dat area dey sent it to(u ll see d post office location in movement of ur GC in Tracking) explain to dem or try locate d landlord..... I guess u r d one dat made d mistake Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO coz i also change my address @ JFK GC delivered after 31days
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by eduson33(m): 6:32am On Oct 31, 2013
National Diploma hold ++ other IT certs,what should i fill in educational level for DV lottery?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
eduson33: National Diploma hold ++ other IT certs,what should i fill in educational level for DV lottery?
fill the certificate u used in applying for the lottery. if you applied with OND then fill OND. but if it is waec then fill waec instead of putting plenty certificates. note that the consular is only interested with the educational level you used in playing the lottery
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Justme2003: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello forumites and senior Americans,
My family will be due by December to Houston. Though we are trying to search for Apartment for a family of 6 online but yet will need the assistance of seniors over there so as not to be frauded.
Forumites already settle in Houston should please assist by sending me a PM on how to contact for tangible discussion both for arrival, documentation and settling down.
Looking forward to an helper!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:32am On Nov 02, 2013
Justme2003: Hello forumites and senior Americans,
My family will be due by December to Houston. Though we are trying to search for Apartment for a family of 6 online but yet will need the assistance of seniors over there so as not to be frauded.
Forumites already settle in Houston should please assist by sending me a PM on how to contact for tangible discussion both for arrival, documentation and settling down.
Looking forward to an helper!

Bros getting an accommodation here is more than what you can do online, some requires your social security number and your credit worthiness. I will advice you come down and see if you can find some help.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:36am On Nov 02, 2013
eduson33: National Diploma hold ++ other IT certs,what should i fill in educational level for DV lottery?

ND is equivalent to Associate degree.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2013
k
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2013
r.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

ND is equivalent to Associate degree.
Pls how about HND in Engineering what is it equivalent to
tnx

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:24am On Nov 04, 2013
chio:
Pls how about HND in Engineering what is it equivalent to
tnx

Degree now!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:25am On Nov 04, 2013
[quote author=opeyemayomide][/quote]

Congratulations bro.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 2:54am On Nov 04, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations bro.
Thanks bro.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 04, 2013
opeyemayomide:

Alutaa, being on ground in Houston, what is the SAP market like? I see a lot of adverts on Monster.

@Opeyemayomide
If you are refering to job situation in Houston, there are still more than 5 full time opening in my area of specialization (BI and BW). Mind you, some of these position has been in the market for 3- 4 month. If you are referring to SAP as a whole..........there are many opening in Houston and the country as a whole.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2013
[
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
opeyemayomide:
@Alutaa, thanks for the response.

I am actually looking at SAP FICO. That'ts what I do currently. Just thinking if I couldn't get transferred by my current employer as the company's 'need' is more in my current location.

@Opeyemayomide,
So far you dont restrict yourself to Texas only.......you will always get a position in other areas of the country.
As a side note, do you have a working experience in other functional area? Due to influx of certain country that specialized in IT, the competition in the functional area is a bit high compare to other technical area. Hence, most companies will prefer someone that have a working knowledge of how FICO relate to other business process areas like Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Manufacture, SCM, SRM CRM etc.

But, you will always get something in the State.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chiwuike20: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
YessWeeCan:

You can say that again bro, faith works like magic. in no time every other thing will begin to fall in place. congrats bro...

Lest i forget, what makes the interview funny?

Faith works in a wondrous way, not like magic. Magic is fake and superficial, faith is reality
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
y
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
chiwuike20:
Faith works in a wondrous way, not like magic. Magic is fake and superficial, faith is reality

Thanks for your observation and correction.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Justme2003: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Dear Landed seniors,
How is life in the US. I believe each is fulfilling God's divine purpose.

Many of you have advised on several issues ranging from ssn, gc, accomodation et all. Especially on accommodation and money, were told to save as much as we can to sustain us for the next 6months by having a host at least for 1-2weeks.

We are a family of 6, trying to be independent when we arrive but advised against booking an apartment online. To this end we need landed seniors that would be kind enough to accommodate us on arrival, assist in getting a comfortable apartment.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tobihenryo: 4:43am On Nov 08, 2013
Hello,evryone.pls how can I apply for the medicaid programme for my 2month old son here in Jacksonville florida,as I was told with these medicaid my son can get free diapers and free formulas(baby food).thanks in anticipation
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seubis: 5:00am On Nov 08, 2013
Pls house,I just want to confirm if we can pay for green card fee payment in the US.await ur swift response my e family
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
seubis: Pls house,I just want to confirm if we can pay for green card fee payment in the US.await ur swift response my e family
yes u can pay uscis in u.s

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seubis: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks baba ajala
baba ajala: yes u can pay uscis in u.s

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.