Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (177550 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ladyboss(f): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hello house, please anyone with information on how to get health insurance in the US? Thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mikeudoka: 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
ladyboss: Hello house, please anyone with information on how to get health insurance in the US? Thank you.
I asked this same question but got no reply. I hope someone gives an in depth explanation on this subject
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:44am On Oct 17, 2013
mike udoka:
I asked this same question but got no reply. I hope someone gives an in depth explanation on this subject

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:06am On Oct 17, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

The issue of health care varies from state to state, you have to personally find out what is obtainable in your state, under normal circumstances if you are working full time your employer suppose to provide Health insurance as part of your benefit with premium deductible from your income. However, some state have Medicare expansion that helps to provide cover for unemployed people but some State don't.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by eduson33(m): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2013
Please,can anyone help me re-size my passport to dv standard?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by femishow2005(m): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hello my e-family @Bro Adesoji et al I really appreciate what you guyz are doing in this thread, very very educative. May God crown all yur efforts amen.
please I've a disturbing questions to ask. i'm an HND holder in Petroleum Engr /Mineral resourses Engr
1. How can I start off in the state wit this my qualification cos I really wht to develop a career in it?
2. What certification course can u recommend?
3. In short-term plan, what related areas of work do u think I can venture into inorder to quick settle down?

Thanks in advance
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 2:10am On Oct 18, 2013
24en:

i live at Lanham Princess Garden parkway.

Oh Lanham.. That were I processed my SSN. They are Very fast there.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 3:43am On Oct 18, 2013
hello Forumites
Still need your advice on what to do concerning my Green Card.
I told u earlier that i called USCIS office and the gave me a tracking number to track my green card i tracked it and found out it was delivered on the 28th of sept to my Host former address.
I called the Post office they said they have delivered it to the given address.
We have gone to the former address to see if i we can meet the new occupant but it seems no one has fully packed in but it seems someone comes to pick mails from the mail box.
My host droped a letter in his post box dat someone was expecting a letter dropped @this address pls could u call this number
wen we went back the 3rd time the note has been taken with other letters there but no one has called since 3days now.
Pls what do i do

I also changed my address @the port of entry wen i arrived @JFK but wen i called USCIS they did nt effect the change the still went ahead to post it to the old addy
am confused now
called post office they said the delivered it to that addy
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
chio: hello Forumites
Still need your advice on what to do concerning my Green Card.
I told u earlier that i called USCIS office and the gave me a tracking number to track my green card i tracked it and found out it was delivered on the 28th of sept to my Host former address.
I called the Post office they said they have delivered it to the given address.
We have gone to the former address to see if i we can meet the new occupant but it seems no one has fully packed in but it seems someone comes to pick mails from the mail box.
My host droped a letter in his post box dat someone was expecting a letter dropped @this address pls could u call this number
wen we went back the 3rd time the note has been taken with other letters there but no one has called since 3days now.
Pls what do i do

I also changed my address @the port of entry wen i arrived @JFK but wen i called USCIS they did nt effect the change the still went ahead to post it to the old addy
am confused now
called post office they said the delivered it to that addy

Sorry to hear about that, you can still go ahead with your job search and other activities with your Naija pali or one year. You can file for replacement of green card with form I-91.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
jidex001:

Oh Lanham.. That were I processed my SSN. They are Very fast there.

yes , i did my own SSN there and was delivered in three working days
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:45am On Oct 19, 2013
femishow2005: Hello my e-family @Bro Adesoji et al I really appreciate what you guyz are doing in this thread, very very educative. May God crown all yur efforts amen.
please I've a disturbing questions to ask. i'm an HND holder in Petroleum Engr /Mineral resourses Engr
1. How can I start off in the state wit this my qualification cos I really wht to develop a career in it?
2. What certification course can u recommend?
3. In short-term plan, what related areas of work do u think I can venture into inorder to quick settle down?

Thanks in advance

I found this site for you, you may find it useful.http://www.spe.org/training/index.php

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
Please i want to make confirmation, i want to buy a phone should i come and buy it over there or i shld buy it here before coming down,pls which one is preferrable? Cos someone said is cheaper there,Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fortsucc: Please i want to make confirmation, i want to buy a phone should i come and buy it over there or i shld buy it here before coming down,pls which one is preferrable? Cos someone said is cheaper there,Thanks.

It is far preferable for u to buy ur phone there, phone here is very expensive, only thing is that buy a compatible phone, u will need just to buy only a simcard here and it will ease u.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 4:03am On Oct 20, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Sorry to hear about that, you can still go ahead with your job search and other activities with your Naija pali or one year. You can file for replacement of green card with form I-91.
Hello Sir
Well just help me thank God i have received my GC.
I went with my host to the former address this saturday morning Oct 19 and the place was been renovated by the new owners of the House.
So they allowed him to check de drawers inside and he now saw 4Letters belonging to me from USCIS.Had it been i have not gone to check the mails may dropped into the trash.That was my fear
God is really faithfull.Thank you all for ur advice.

Alot of things went tru my mind wen this happened.
When i called USCIS the said i should book an appointment in their office but the lady then said i may have to request for anoda one @$450.
My people where i go get that kind money now wen i neva even start work.
Or should i get the services of a lawyer to argue my case.

My host said he gone to the post office to do Change of address.So as a result any letter bearing his name that is comming to the
old address is rerouted to the new address.
so in the envelope that came from the USCIS it was addressed

Chio UZ................(ie my name)
C/O xyz JOxxxxxxx (My host name)
66XX Rhinelander Avenue (Old Address)
Bronx NY
My question is why was it nt rerouted.Well to cut the long story short.
My Host went to the Old address and Collected the Letter.
I thank God for his mercies so far.
Remaining my SSN
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 4:09am On Oct 20, 2013
My advice to those that Change their address @ de port of Entry to a new address and is expecting to get their Green Card at the new address
make sure u call them also.
Changing ur address @de port of entry alone may not work.A friend of mine that came earlier to changed is addy @port of entry and the GC was still sent to the Old addy.
Have a nice day.

(Military things on my mind now)
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2013
chio: My advice to those that Change their address @ de port of Entry to a new address and is expecting to get their Green Card at the new address
make sure u call them also.
Changing ur address @de port of entry alone may not work.A friend of mine that came earlier to changed is addy @port of entry and the GC was still sent to the Old addy.
Have a nice day.

(Military things on my mind now)

please can you kindly give us their number,thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fortsucc: Please i want to make confirmation, i want to buy a phone should i come and buy it over there or i shld buy it here before coming down,pls which one is preferrable? Cos someone said is cheaper there,Thanks.

Try and buy a good phone in Nigeria, or if u have a bb already, that will serve you well for both calls n bbm n Internet.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
abiodunraufu: Pls, how long does it take in Houston, Texas to get SSN and Green card upon arrival from Nigeria. Somebody said 3 months, another said 2 weeks.

For SSN,you have to wait for 14 days from when you entered the States.Then apply at any Social Security Administrator office close to you. You should get your card between 7-14 days after. As for the Green Card it may take sometime.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2013
Fortsucc: please can you kindly give us their number,thanks.
US Citizenship and Immigration services 1 800 375 5283
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
faithman2020: If you are interested in SAP (Business Intelligence and Business warehousing), let me know. I might be able to use my 2 years experince to guild you.

[color=#006600]

Elders in house,I need urgent help on training the above and other IT training.

Hi Faithman2020..........

Sorry for replying this post late.......Been away from Nairaland for sometimes due to relocation.........

Yes.............I know someone in Houston that can help with training. He is a Nigerian and a Platinum SAP member and a great source of advice for those that are determined.

email me on 'nairaconver'at'gmail'dot'com '
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tobihenryo: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hi evryone ,I and my family arrived at jacksonville florida on friday midnyt,my question now is how do we go about the processing of our SSN and Green Card.do I need to go 2dia office or jst wait @home for them 2mail me.pls I need a reply asap.thanks in anticipation.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hi evryone ,I and my family arrived at jacksonville florida on friday midnyt,my question now is how do we go about the processing of our SSN and Green Card.do I need to go 2dia office or jst wait @home for them 2mail me.pls I need a reply asap.thanks in anticipation.

Your Green Card will come in the mail to the address you indicated on your form. Unless told otherwise u can go to the nearest SSN department and inquire about the Ssn no.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by OlalereTosin(f): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Tanx so much for bringing courage back to my life.............Yes sometimes our host tend to dictate the kind of job we are goin 2 do when we get to d state. He has been tryn to convince me in starting 4rm CNA, bt believe me i don't jt like it. I ve my HND in building technology and i think EPIC cld b gud for me, pls do u knw any1 dat can enlighten me more about EPIC. Cos i already ve my ticket booked 2wards early Dec. Thanx
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Olalere Tosin: Tanx so much for bringing courage back to my life.............Yes sometimes our host tend to dictate the kind of job we are goin 2 do when we get to d state. He has been tryn to convince me in starting 4rm CNA, bt believe me i don't jt like it. I ve my HND in building technology and i think EPIC cld b gud for me, pls do u knw any1 dat can enlighten me more about EPIC. Cos i already ve my ticket booked 2wards early Dec. Thanx
ur host wanted u to start from CNA cos its a cheap training nd very easy to get a job. it is recommended for new immigrants especially for those who hope to go into medical career.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by OlalereTosin(f): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Tanx 4 d rlp, that's where the problem lies ain't thinkn of goin 2 medical line.............So i jt want 2 ve smtin reasonable i cld tel him for me nt 2 preferred doin CNA but smtin else, b4 getn a degree over there. So i need some clue of other job i cld start wt 2 earn a living
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 4:27am On Oct 24, 2013
Pls did they accept meat,dry fish,food stuffs and provisions @ the airport?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2013
Olalere Tosin: Tanx 4 d rlp, that's where the problem lies ain't thinkn of goin 2 medical line.............So i jt want 2 ve smtin reasonable i cld tel him for me nt 2 preferred doin CNA but smtin else, b4 getn a degree over there. So i need some clue of other job i cld start wt 2 earn a living
u can check this site for list of certification programs dat u can do www.mynextmove.org/find/apprenticeship

if u ar on facebook u can chat me up by adding with edojaandrew@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
hello Forumites
I went to the social security office where i earlier appled for my SSN
i was was told it was sent back to their headoffice cos my name does nt correspond to the
name of the owner of the mail box.
The lady now came me a print out bearing my SSN.
He now said she would requst for the latter again to be sent to their office in the Bronx and they would call me
to come and collect it upon showing my ID (international passport).
Na to go de look for Job now make i start to pay my bills and accomdation
i have been with my host for close to 2months now
i guess its time to move now
they have really tried
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Olalere Tosin: Tanx so much for bringing courage back to my life.............Yes sometimes our host tend to dictate the kind of job we are goin 2 do when we get to d state. He has been tryn to convince me in starting 4rm CNA, bt believe me i don't jt like it. I ve my HND in building technology and i think EPIC cld b gud for me, pls do u knw any1 dat can enlighten me more about EPIC. Cos i already ve my ticket booked 2wards early Dec. Thanx

Depending on the area of EPIC that you want to specialize in. Most people specialize in Ambulatory or something related to it. But, most implementation job are scarce nowadays because of the 2014 mandate. But there are still other areas of EPIC that are in demand in the market e.g Clarity.

From a personal opinion, look towards Clarity (a lot of remote job on Clarity out there) or look towards a full time job as an Admin. Implementation job is a bit low on demand now. If you know SQL and/or Crystal report.........go for EPIC Clarity
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
ladyboss: Hello house, please anyone with information on how to get health insurance in the US? Thank you.

Try ACA (aka Obamacare)

I think everybody should start looking at the options of ACA (if your employer doesn't provide an insurance or you dont have an insurance). Penalty for all citizen and green card holder that didn't have an insurance will kick in by February/ March

http://www.ssimmigration.com/blog/2013/10/green-card-holders-are-included-in-the-affordable-care-act.shtml
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Got my SSN and GC today, just a week after government re-opens, less than a month i arrive here. Glory be to God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.