Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,780 members, 7,915,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:56 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178835 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by fadinus(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
kevwe_flex:
Well if you need sample questions, here are they. The list is not exhaustive though, it's just a guide.

Sample dv questions for married applicants
1. When and where was your spouse born?
2. How did you and your spouse meet? Where?

The CO also can ask questions relating to sleeping habits, underwear and clothing preference. Be prepared for any personal or private questions in addition to these.
Thanks bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyidiyaagbayi: 12:53am On Sep 26, 2013
idriez:
Really, you applied for food stamp? If I may ask why?? and who adviced you to
I'm just curious and wondering cos it might affect you in future o.
my host who is an American and also a Nigerian lady who did that as well. It does not have any negative effect it's a package of the government to assist low income earners and people like us until we find our footings. I am leaving with my family but I applied as an individual, I also applied to a school , so that is to show how I intend to survive.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2013
Good morning, Pls I need your assistance, is it compulsory to go to the address of support written in the Form DS 260. Or we can go to any State of our Choice? How much is the flight to Chicago or Maryland? Thanks for your reply.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2013
Good morning, Pls I need your assistance, is it compulsory to go to the address of support written in the Form DS 260. Or we can go to any State of our Choice? How much is the flight to Chicago or Maryland, I didn't see any help in www.emirate.com? Thanks for your reply.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Good morning, Pls I need your assistance, is it compulsory to go to the address of support written in the Form DS 260. Or we can go to any State of our Choice? How much is the flight to Chicago or Maryland? I didn't see any help in www.emirate.com. Thanks for your reply.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 9:36am On Sep 26, 2013
Fortsucc: Good morning, Pls I need your assistance, is it compulsory to go to the address of support written in the Form DS 260. Or we can go to any State of our Choice? How much is the flight to Chicago or Maryland? I didn't see any help in www.emirate.com. Thanks for your reply.

I got my N153 to washington dulles @ the emirate office in VI. it's very close to maryland your host can pick you up from there. the distance is like lagos to Abeokuta. according to a staff at emirates office.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Husmern(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2013
Fortsucc: Good morning, Pls I need your assistance, is it compulsory to go to the address of support written in the Form DS 260. Or we can go to any State of our Choice? How much is the flight to Chicago or Maryland? I didn't see any help in www.emirate.com. Thanks for your reply.
it's www.emirates.com unles u dnt knw ao to browse d internet, u shd b able 2 book ur ticket 2 ur destination thr..u can contact emirates tru thr customa care line 012717600 or u can chk www.etihad.com best of luck
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2013
Please I want to know the next processes after the Visa has been collected? I need to be enlightened,thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fortsucc: Please I want to know the next processes after the Visa has been collected? I need to be enlightened,thanks.
the next stage after collecting your visa package is to pay for your uscis or gc online. then you book your flight and jet out. then in the state go to ssn office to apply for your ssn while you wait for green card to be sent to your host address

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Muycom(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
baba ajala: the next stage after collecting your visa package is to pay for your uscis or gc online. then you book your flight and jet out. then in the state go to ssn office to apply for your ssn while you wait for green card to be sent to your host address
Please sir,what is the meaning of uscis? And how much is it? Where can i pay for it? Thanks for your reply.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kevweflex(m): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Muycom: Please sir,what is the meaning of uscis? And how much is it? Where can i pay for it? Thanks for your reply.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Muycom(m): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
kevwe_flex:

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Thank you bros, i have checked through the site.My quetion now is that,is it compulsory to create account before i pay online? Or is there any other way to pay? Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Muycom(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Please is there anyone that stays in New Hampshire or know anyone that stay there? Want to ask question,thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
Please, who knows the cost of flight to Boston? Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kelvin50: 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hi house what is the best way to relocate to u.s am 28 and am an ssce holder want to go in search of a better life pls house help me I heard I might be to old to go for undergraduate visa while all my mates will be going for their masters by now pls advise me
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by olanrewaju76: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Good day my people, we just arrived in God'sown country. Please what will they request for at the social security office in order to process social security card/number.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
olanrewaju76: Good day my people, we just arrived in God'sown country. Please what will they request for at the social security office in order to process social security card/number.
Your international passport and birthcert but in my Own case in NY the only requested for my Int passport
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
TRAVELiNG TO USA FOR THE FIRST TIME: I will be heading to USA very soon,please. (1) What should I hold to be free at Niaja Airport? (2) What kind of cloth should I wear or take along? (3) What type of food should I take along? (4) How many hours to the take off time should I get to the airport? (5) What kind of experience should I expect inside the plane? And finally, (6) What of questions should I be expecting at USA poe as am holding immigrant Visa? Thanks,I'll be expecting your response.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
Fortsucc: TRAVELiNG TO USA FOR THE FIRST TIME: I will be heading to USA very soon,please. (1) What should I hold to be free at Niaja Airport? (2) What kind of cloth should I wear or take along? (3) What type of food should I take along? (4) How many hours to the take off time should I get to the airport? (5) What kind of experience should I expect inside the plane? And finally, (6) What of questions should I be expecting at USA poe as am holding immigrant Visa? Thanks,I'll be expecting your response.

Well,
depending on your carrier policy make sure your bag and luggage does not exceed maximum weight
I will advice you put on a smart outfit and a sweat shirt and bring along all the Nigerian food,,,garri, ewa, etc but avoid liquid stuffs.
get to the airport at least 1:20mins
expect a nice trip
@ POE just line up at the immigrant and citizen aisle .
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Once again I return all glory and praise to the most high GOD for a successful arrival to the united states yesterday, I touch down at Washington Dulles via emirates airline. I had a nice time in Dubai with a naija flight mate who made arrangement for an helicopter trip around Dubai, Note: we had an hotel reservation in Dubai. I trickily decline the offer since I be JJC. He made the trip alone though. I leta realize the man is a naija American citizen, we both land in Washington yesterday. rules they work wela for here o. na GPS direct us (my host and I) from Washington to Maryland. this na the place to be.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by femishow2005(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
YessWeeCan: Once again I return all glory and praise to the most high GOD for a successful arrival to the united states yesterday, I touch down at Washington Dulles via emirates airline. I had a nice time in Dubai with a naija flight mate who made arrangement for an helicopter trip around Dubai, Note: we had an hotel reservation in Dubai. I trickily decline the offer since I be JJC. He made the trip alone though. I leta realize the man is a naija American citizen, we both land in Washington yesterday. rules they work wela for here o. na GPS direct us (my host and I) from Washington to Maryland. this na the place to be.

Welcome bro..Lolz ASUU don call off the strike o..we'll join u soon #2014dv noni
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2013
Please, I want to know the distance between Texas and New Hampshire cause there is no direct flight to New Hampshire here in Nigeria. Or any other airport that is close New Hampshire,I don't want a situation where by I will just land at any airport then I will have to travel miles again before I get to my destination,thanks for your replies.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2013
Fortsucc: Please, I want to know the distance between Texas and New Hampshire cause there is no direct flight to New Hampshire here in Nigeria. Or any other airport that is close New Hampshire,I don't want a situation where by I will just land at any airport then I will have to travel miles again before I get to my destination,thanks for your replies.

..then you don't need to go Texas before heading to NH, NH is less than an hour to Boston Logan airport or you can get to New York then take a bus to NH, Texas to NH is like Nigeria to UK.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
femishow2005:

Welcome bro..Lolz ASUU don call off the strike o..we'll join u soon #2014dv noni
where did you hear that about ASUU strike. are you sure they have called it off?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

..then you don't need to go Texas before heading to NH, NH is less than an hour to Boston Logan airport or you can get to New York then take a bus to NH, Texas to NH is like Nigeria to UK.
Thanks @ adesojiaderemi. I still want to ask one question please can I get to state the before I pay for my uscis or gc, or I should do it here before I go, because someone told me I can do it there that it doesn't mean anything and that it is even easier than paying for it here. Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
Fortsucc: Thanks @ adesojiaderemi. I still want to ask one question please can I get to state the before I pay for my uscis or gc, or I should do it here before I go, because someone told me I can do it there that it doesn't mean anything and that it is even easier than paying for it here. Thanks.

I will advice you come over here and do it, even if you do it back home, you have to get here before the processing begins.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:25am On Oct 02, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

I will advice you come over here and do it, even if you do it back home, you have to get here before the processing begins.

it ok if u can come and do it here i did mind here but if u can do it that way it fine also but the truth about it is that progressing will start only after u have arrived here in US.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyidiyaagbayi: 3:37am On Oct 02, 2013
Happy independence day to all in the house. We still do remember our home, Nigeria.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 5:34am On Oct 02, 2013
24en:

it ok if u can come and do it here i did mind here but if u can do it that way it fine also but the truth about it is that progressing will start only after u have arrived here in US.
. @adesojiaderemi,Goodmorning and thanks for the reply. Please it will take up to how many month for someone to stay before getting a job? How much should the family of two hold as pocket money?thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 5:37am On Oct 02, 2013
24en:

@adesojiaderemi,Good morning and thanks for the reply. Please it will take up to how many month for someone to stay before getting a job? How much should the family of two hold as pocket money?thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by femishow2005(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2013
baba ajala: where did you hear that about ASUU strike. are you sure they have called it off?

Lolz I was only kidding jare..Well I don't knw the stage u guys are in school.I'll rather advise you guys to forget abt this naija school and get a better western education.it's expensive tho but it really worth it. Just an advice sha..Goodluck
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by femishow2005(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2013
24en:

@Uncle Soj and 24en.. But during the interview the CO usually advise one should try to pay before leaving.what could be their reasons for such advice??

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.