Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,575 members, 7,921,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:42 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178946 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
hello house is it true that new immigrants need to spend one year in the state before starting school? pls i need ur answer
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Sakirasexy: 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
nifty: @sakirasexy are you in new york already? got a question for you
Am not in new york yet but I will be in few days.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please which site can I stream live football match in US? Please help.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Yusmash00: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
chio: I have on experience i want to share and dont know whether i have experinced it to.
My host doing is PHd in a college here in New york so instead of staying @home we go out together using the train
on getting to the school his signs me in (i show my int.passport and then they give me a pass)to use the School library.
so before i enter the computer Library the receptionist sees my pass which i pasted on my breastpocket and now opens the door for me to enter the library.
This i have done for like 2days.
So on the 3rd day afta getting a pass as i normally do i now went to the receptionist (The receptionist there that day was a black guy) to open the library door for me to enta the library,the guy was looking and my pass and reading everything there he said my pass was reading Physis astronomy that i may have to go dowm and get a pass for the Library.I was supried i told him i have been using the Library for the past 2days and this was the only pass i was using. he refused.
So i had to trace my host Laboratory(i have nt gotten a fone yet) and told him what the guy said.He was suprised and said that we blacks sometimes we overdo things.
so we went back to me him and he told him that he was a staff there there (Showed him his ID) and there was no extra pass needed,for me to use the library.so he let me and my host went back.
so dats what happened whats your say on this
Stupid AKATA..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ernestleon(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Delph_ne:

We need to find a way sad
My own plan is that Immediately I get the green card, I will apply for it and I learnt it takes time some say 3 months some say less than 3 months.An operator from uscis told me it takes minimum 40 days.Call 8003755283 and listen to the instructions.I will advice you use magicjack so you don't pay for the call.If you call within 8-10 you ca speak to an operator.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 11:48am On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Izyy: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
Gooday lovely Nairalanders,pls is there any direct flight from Lagos(MMA) to st Lious Missouri.thanks in anticipation for a prompt response.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
pator: Please which site can I stream live football match in US? Please help.
www.atdee.net
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mayankho(f): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2013
baba ajala: hello house is it true that new immigrants need to spend one year in the state before starting school? pls i need ur answer

Its not true once you have ur Green card and SSN. U are gud to go
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lorddom(m): 6:19am On Sep 21, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Welcome to America.
thank bro which state you dey?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lorddom(m): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2013
ARE THERE ANY OF MY BROTHERS HERE IN TULSA OKLAHOMA?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2013
chio:

New york is kind of Lagos packing space na wahala
i went out with my host on sat to the Gym wen we finished he said he thot that day was a sunday that we may have been givena ticket (Fine) for
packing there like $70.
We ought to have gone to a machine nearby paid somemoney into it get the receipt which is only for either one hour or 2hours and put on ur
dashboard so dat wen those offciers are passing they wount book u for about $70.And wen ur ticket expires (Mind u the Ticket lasts for either 1hr or 2hr)so wen 1hours expires and u are nt done u get anoda ticket
u wount even pay the fine there u may to go to their office or pay online.
Well we thank God we were nt booked. i saw someone pack went to pay for packing and put the receipt on the dashboard.
just slot ur machine on the machine nd it brings our ur receipt dats all nobody there to sell receipt.

We also went to buy fuel no attendant there just insert ur debit card take the nozzle and fill ur tank ur self.
If u want to pay by cash go in and pay to the attendant den come and fill ur tank.
New york here i come

So u don enter. So na so life be?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2013
Sakirasexy: Does any one know a place where they give cna traing in new york ,around bronx town for less than $600.all the ones here are expensive .pls answer needed asap

Try ur New york workforce. U might even get it for free and be paid for . If the course is available
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
Good morning Forumites!
I salute o!! Let me use this opportunity to thank every one on this forum who has contributed in any form to give knowledge and enlightenment to me and others. From the depth of my heart, I say THANK YOU!
Firstly, I will like to inform you all that I finally ported from Nigeria to Virginia with my whole family. I stay with my host in Woodbridge city, Prince William County. Although, we are still settling down, waiting for our green card; but I thank God that our social security number landed within 1 week. Settling down is slow and gradual. We came in through Turkish airlines with a 7 hours stop over at Istanbul and landed at the Washington Dulles International Airport. We were told by our host that we could apply for free meal and health insurance for our kid(s) via www.pwcs.menus.schoolfusion.us\. We are yet to secure employment, since we are still settling down.
Could someone please help answer this question:
Is there any future negative implication of taking this opportunity of this "free free things"? e.g. someone said, when applying for citizenship or loans or some other benefits, one may be denied because of this initial benefits. How true is this? Although, the person who told me said that that is how it works in U.K.?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
I salute every one in da house.
@ jide0001 and other marylanders pls i need to know. Did you traveled with a Nigeria driver's licences? i could't apply due to time constrain though i drive. pls kindly outline the procedures to obtaining a drivers licences and state ID in maryland within a month or thereabout. thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Good morning Forumites!
I salute o!! Let me use this opportunity to thank every one on this forum who has contributed in any form to give knowledge and enlightenment to me and others. From the depth of my heart, I say THANK YOU!
Firstly, I will like to inform you all that I finally ported from Nigeria to Virginia with my whole family. I stay with my host in Woodbridge city, Prince William County. Although, we are still settling down, waiting for our green card; but I thank God that our social security number landed within 1 week. Settling down is slow and gradual. We came in through Turkish airlines with a 7 hours stop over at Istanbul and landed at the Washington Dulles International Airport. We were told by our host that we could apply for free meal and health insurance for our kid(s) via www.pwcs.menus.schoolfusion.us\. We are yet to secure employment, since we are still settling down.
Is there any future negative implication of taking this opportunity of this "free free things"? e.g. someone said, when applying for citizenship or loans or some other benefits, one may be denied because of this initial benefits. How true is this? Although, the person who told me said that that is how it works in U.K.?

There's no issue with you applying for these things as long as your host supports your application cos they'll(host) need to support with some docs too.
Where in Woodbridge are you? I stay in stafford & planning to move over to prince william county cos of commute. You can add me on facebook or drop your line & I'll give you a call.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
At Idriez, nice to know my brother-Nigerian is close by. Please, in-box me your number on ifeanyi.abdul@yahoo.com
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:01am On Sep 22, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
At Idriez, nice to know my brother-Nigerian is close by. Please, in-box me your number on ifeanyi.abdul@yahoo.com

Ifanyiabudul you are welcome, I have beeen looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:03am On Sep 22, 2013
YessWeeCan: I salute every one in da house.
@ jide0001 and other marylanders pls i need to know. Did you traveled with a Nigeria driver's licences? i could't apply due to time constrain though i drive. pls kindly outline the procedures to obtaining a drivers licences and state ID in maryland within a month or thereabout. thank you.

you dont need towait bfor a month, once you recif your SSN go RMV in your area and register for permit first.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:04am On Sep 22, 2013
lorddom: thank bro which state you dey?

Massachussetts
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:08am On Sep 22, 2013
chio: if u are certified there are opportunities in IT
just check
Monster,indeed,USjobs,Craiglist u might see something u can apply for
cheers

For IT jobs placement you can also summit your resume on roberthalf technologies(for Massachussetts and Houston residence).
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Izyy: 5:59am On Sep 22, 2013
Izyy: Gooday lovely Nairalanders,pls is there any direct flight from Lagos(MMA) to st Lious Missouri.thanks in anticipation for a prompt response.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Good day forumites.
I am happy to inform you all that wife of SENDTODEJI, one of the prominent members here, gave birth to a bouncing baby boy in Atlanta, naming is coming up today. Myself and family wish them all the best & God's provisions as they welcome their new baby, more $$$$$$ in your pocket.
I pray that Such a good news will be a point of contact for every deserving members.
if you know him or have benefited from his wealth of knowledge on this forum, pls drop ur wish for the baby and family at large
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by BabaObama: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
First of all, go and apply for state I'd once you ger ur SSN and GC, as for your driver licence, you can start dat too but you will have to get a learners permit since you re not with ur naija licence thereafter you have to wait 4 45days if u re above 25yrs in age and also will go to a driving school before you can get ur licence. Whre in MD are you?

YessWeeCan: I salute every one in da house.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

you dont need towait bfor a month, once you recif your SSN go RMV in your area and register for permit first.

You are a blessing mr Ade. thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by YessWeeCan(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Baba Obama:

First of all, go and apply for state I'd once you ger ur SSN and GC, as for your driver licence, you can start dat too but you will have to get a learners permit since you re not with ur naija licence thereafter you have to wait 4 45days if u re above 25yrs in age and also will go to a driving school before you can get ur licence. Whre in MD are you?

Thanks a bunch, campus way south upper malboro. I'll arrive MD next week by HIS grace. you stay close by?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 12:19am On Sep 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Massachussetts

Bros I have been in Chelmsford for about a week, please sir do I need to go to SSN office to apply for it or will they send it automatically. and you can help me too with job site in the state. Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Jinny123(m): 4:06am On Sep 23, 2013
Pls forumites, my SSN landed in a wrong hand which I don't trust, already opened b4 handed to me. Pls help me o, what can I do?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nicodu: 10:07am On Sep 23, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Good morning Forumites!

this might answer your question http://immigration.about.com/od/lifeintheus/a/publicbenefits_2.htm
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
nicodu:

this might answer your question http://immigration.about.com/od/lifeintheus/a/publicbenefits_2.htm

My brother, this is really very helpful. Thank you so much and God bless you sir!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ifeanyiabdul: 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Ifanyiabudul you are welcome, I have beeen looking forward to hearing from you.
@ Adesoji my big brother, I really appreciate you sir! When shall we all meet and do a reunion?
From the depth of my heart, I appreciate all the answers and directions you have been offering not only me, but also my other forum members.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by olanrewaju76: 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hi guys, can i be allowed to leave the US after first entry to complete my education in Nigeria. No thanks to ASUU strike. Kindly Respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.