Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,811 members, 7,924,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 05:47 PM

Waiting Till Marriage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Waiting Till Marriage (4099 Views)

Waiting-till-marriage-to-have-sex / How To Stop Sex And Enjoy Your Relationship Till Marriage. / 10 Reasons Why Sex Should Wait Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:24am On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]It has a lot to do with the future,only God knows the future,I agree totally[/size]

[size=13pt]I beleive when you date a girl you leading her on and to me thats not fair(I maybe wrong but thats what I think)
[/size]

its not fair to date a girl especially you Christians knowing your going to dump her in 2weeks,I agree with you here Sir
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 5:26am On Sep 30, 2012
plappville: @thread, i found Christ some years after i got married so i didnt have same experience as you. But as a Christian, if you and ur partner are true believers, you will definately abstain. Kissing can be very tempting, if you do not trust it. Its better to avoid it. But nothing is wrong in holding hands. You will need God to help you through this period.seek him more. I do not see why people say its hard to abstain.
I believe Its just a thing of the mind. Apart from been a Christian. Its safer and proper to Abstain.

Do not be decieved with the "Impotent" issue, if you have doubt and want to be sure you can asked for medical reports. This is how Brothers in the churuc decieve sisters. I want to be sure you are not a baren !! Before you know it, secret abortion is done. Under the eyes of God. So rampant out there !!

All women having sex should practice safe sex. You have abortion when you don't practice safe sex. Pls stop being ancient.

Not all doctors don't detect impotency issues -
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:43am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

All women having sex should practice safe sex. You have abortion when you don't practice safe sex. Pls stop being ancient.

Safe sex off nie safe sex before marriage is a sin!!

1 Like

Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 5:45am On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]It has a lot to do with the future,only God knows the future,I agree totally[/size]

[size=13pt]I beleive when you date a girl you leading her on and to me thats not fair(I maybe wrong but thats what I think)
[/size]

Hey friend, dating is about getting to know the other person - its like learning to know or build friendship with the opposite se,x which I don't believe is a bad thing. I think its necessary.

You don't need to have se,xx with the other person - I think that men need to learn how to understand women and you do that best through dating.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 5:47am On Sep 30, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Safe sex off nie safe sex before marriage is a sin!!

That's merely your opinion and nothing wrong with that.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:49am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

I will get back to you after church brother lipsrsealed
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by mkmyers45(m): 6:22am On Sep 30, 2012
There's something y'all are forgotten..Once you or your partner desire each other you've already done it.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by k2039: 6:23am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

[size=13pt]
The last time I checked,safe sex was still a sin
[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by k2039: 6:29am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

[size=13pt]
Except you not are a christian,if we have to call a spade a spade,premarital sex is wrong
[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by k2039: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2012
mkmyers45: There's something y'all are forgotten..Once you or your partner desire each other you've already done it.

[size=13pt]
As long as lust is involved,fornication is committed,I agree,that was clearly what Jesus taught us
[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by mkmyers45(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]
As long as lust is involved,fornication is committed,I agree,that was clearly what Jesus taught us
[/size]

and do you know that once you say 'Kai this lady is very beautiful' You've done it?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by VolvoS60(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2012
"Waiting" is the way to go. It really is.

You don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancy, STIs, etc.

And then there's the emotional cost (particularly for females) of a failed relationship. A broken (non-sexual) relationship can be incredibly hard to get over, not to talk of an sexual one.

If you wait, you'll save yourself a lot of heartache.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by k2039: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2012
mkmyers45: and do you know that once you say 'Kai this lady is very beautiful' You've done it?

[size=13pt]
As a matter of fact I told my aunt she was beautiful yesterday.
I disagree,I have seen pretty girls that I have told them they are pretty and it wasnt like I had a crush on them.
[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by mkmyers45(m): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]
As a matter of fact I told my aunt she was beautiful yesterday.
I disagree,I have seen pretty girls that I have told them they are pretty and it wasnt like I had a crush on them.
[/size]

Ok sha grin ..all i know is that desiring someone sometimes occurs randomly so for you to say 'You're pretty' it means a lot cos you must have cast eyes on her and truly desired and you deemed her pretty..
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2012
mkmyers45: There's something y'all are forgotten..Once you or your partner desire each other you've already done it.

Done what?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2012
Age range of people on this thread: 13 - 20 pls focus on school.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by mkmyers45(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

Done what?
Huh?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

Ok - I was shocked when you were asking about impotent men and impotency.

Anyways my tactic is this: I won't go into a relationship until I see or hear from God about the person. I'm unwilling to waste the little time that I have left. If I close my eyes to pray in the first two weeks while we are dating and I don't see or hear from God. You will be dumped. Simple. Not wasting time and not seeking temptation. I wan marry.

Might not be the right approach but its better to be safe than sorry. I've heard stories of people getting se,xually transmitted diseases before they find "the one." I'm not looking for wahala.

Are you serious? Only a kid would believe you would actually hear from "God" which doesn't exist.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Safe sex off nie safe sex before marriage is a sin!!

says who?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

Dear Chris, I recently started working on my spirituality after years of not caring. God speaks to people in various ways. For me especially, thru dreams. For you, it might be different. Everyone has a different interpretation of who or what God is.

To hear from him, you must be willing to hear
When you hear, listen and be attentive
It depends - for various people its different how God choose to speak with them.
If you don't pray, you may not hear. Prayer is key.

"TO HEAR FROM HIM" Are you implying God is a male figure?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by k2039: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2012
ifeness:

[size=13pt]

Is it proper to address God as ''it"
[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by k2039: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi: Age range of people on this thread: 13 - 20 pls focus on school.

[size=13pt]
I'm sure you are not older than 22
[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by plappville(f): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: [b]Before I accepted Christ Lord knows I was crazy,[/b]I would date guys who I thought good for me then a lady who was older than me,who had expirienced life before and was a christian wrote a letter to a guy friend of mine,it was only addressed "grin" but the guy never read it,the sister wanted to lead the guy to Christ but the guy wanted a relationship.That's when the sister wrote the letter,I stumbled upon it by mistake and stole it,I wanted to meet her because her letter was my history,she had told the guy how she grew up and how it was before she accepted Christ.

I got saved after talking to her,she set me down and I poured my heart out.She prayed we went to church together and one thing she told me was that "you know,you don't need a millionaire for a husband,you don't need a man in suits for a husband but what you need is a man Who is a born again Christian,with that his status don't matter.your safe if you choose one of those kind."

I never looked back,I lost my worldly friends,even the guy stopped contacting me,it wasn't easy but I made through by his grace so I guess being this far with God,trials awaits but I have to keep the faith.

Thats why you re called today, God call sinners to repentance, but not all are privillaged to have this grace, Only those called.
Alot of people have heard the Gospel uncountable times, yet would give deaf ears to it, its because they are under the curse of Satan:

2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God

And Christ made it plain that convertion is not by our own power, So It is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up. -John 6:44

For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose." for it. -Romans 9:15,16
For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.- Philippians 1:29

I pray you continue in loving God.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by plappville(f): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
obowunmi:

The OP is a christian, so how do you want her to practice safe s.ex?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by KDK(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
chrisevans: how do you see or hear from God? be explicit pls
I hope this link helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXmtkMs3cKA

2 Likes

Re: Waiting Till Marriage by UyiIredia(m): 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
Waiting till marriage isn't easy but is necessary to avoid the possibility of STD's, pains and heartbreak.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hey guys how was the service?
plappville:

Thats why you re called today, God call sinners to repentance, but not all are privillaged to have this grace, Only those called.
Alot of people have heard the Gospel uncountable times, yet would give deaf ears to it, its because they are under the curse of Satan:

2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God
plappville:

And Christ made it plain that convertion is not by our own power, So It is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up. -John 6:44

For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose." for it. -Romans 9:15,16
For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.- Philippians 1:29

Iam not going back,Iam for Christ now
k2039:

[size=13pt]
I'm sure you are not older than 22
[/size]

he is under age
k2039:
[size=13pt]

Is it proper to address God as ''it"
[/size]

Hell No
ifeness:

wat are you Implying he is then?
obowunmi: Age range of people on this thread: 13 - 20 pls focus on school.
maybe then go somewhere u will be a boss
plappville:

The OP is a christian, so how do you want her to practice safe s.ex?
my question exactly
VolvoS60:
"Waiting" is the way to go. It really is.

You don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancy, STIs, etc.

And then there's the emotional cost (particularly for females) of a failed relationship. A broken (non-sexual) relationship can be incredibly hard to get over, not to talk of an sexual one.

If you wait, you'll save yourself a lot of heartache.

You can say that again
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
[size=20pt]back then smiley[/size]
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
How do you expect to detect impotency if you don't have sex?

It won't happen thru magic.
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
obowunmi: How do you expect to detect impotency if you don't have sex?

It won't happen thru magic.
well love is not based on sex you know
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by obowunmi(m): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: well love is not based on sex you know

How old are you 12?
Re: Waiting Till Marriage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:46am On Jul 26, 2013
obowunmi:

How old are you 12?
haven't u asked this question before?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would Happen To Cremated People On Judgment day? / Picture Emerges Of Apostle Suleiman And His Female Pastor Lover / Shiloh 2009 Is Here Again, (8-12 December) You Are Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.