Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,990 members, 7,973,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:09 PM

Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? (15025 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Mary4life1(f): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03: Heaven doesnt exist.

But then christians would have to admit that atheists go to heaven even if it existed. Why? The good Samaritan.
logic boy or whatever your name is,i dont care whether you believe in God or not,that is your fucking business,God forgive me for this but this fool needs to shut up.if you dont believe in God,dont try to convince others that God does not exist.as in are you child?if no then behave as a adult that you are.lemme tell you a little something,tomorrow might be too late,GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD or hell awaits you! Period.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mary 4 life: logic boy or whatever your name is,i dont care whether you believe in God or not,that is your fucking business,God forgive me for this but this fool needs to shut up.if you dont believe in God,dont try to convince others that God does not exist.as in are you child?if no then behave as a adult that you are.lemme tell you a little something,tomorrow might be too late,GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD or hell awaits you! Period.

You cant scare me with hell. I dont believe in it.

Are you afraid of the muslim/jewish hell?

What about hell/hades from Greek paganism?

You see? I believe in one less hell than you
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
candieangel12:

I believe in goodness, in doing what is right. I believe in following my conscience. Do I believe that there might be a higher being? Maybe. Are there any evidences for God? No because all the "evidence" so far are man made and contradict themselves. I don't pray, read the bible, or go 2 church...all of those are a propaganda. I believe one should live their life the best way possible.
Maybe... but you dont believe in God. How does it sound to you?
That aside, the christain believes in an after life home, inhabited by the most high. And before you make it to this place, you must keep to the commands of the most high. You dont keep half of his orders, nor even believe him, how would you make it to this place then?
Also, it is not judging, pointing out a wrong notion, it is being real.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Policewoman(f): 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
I have a question for the atheists here. When one dies, what happens to the person?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mary 4 life: logic boy or whatever your name is,i dont care whether you believe in God or not,that is your fucking business,God forgive me for this but this fool needs to shut up.if you dont believe in God,dont try to convince others that God does not exist.as in are you child?if no then behave as a adult that you are.lemme tell you a little something,tomorrow might be too late,GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD or hell awaits you! Period.
sister, calm down. Their is freedom of religion you know.
He is meant to be a sharpener to the religious.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by redsun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
means: Religion and delusion. Why not live and enjoy the best you can in this life first before worry about lifeafter. I tell you, so many people are living in heaven already and wont want to share the religious heaven with some of you guys. Heaven may have no class! My take: Live the life while you can. Touch lives. No one has died and come back with proof to tell us how heaven or hell looks like.

They are no different from some mentally deranged islamists that bomb themselves in the name of their god,so that they will have some posh place in heaven,with supplus obo.The only difference is that christians dont have the guts to kill themselves for what they believe in,Most of them,especially the third world christians,live in hell here on earth,yet,they they want to hang on,without opting for a quick way out for prepared heaven,suicide.Lazy,retarded,selfish,cowardly and ignorant muderfuckers.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by pweeryambre: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
candieangel12: This topic is interesting. I am not atheist, I believe there is a higher being, but I dont take the bible serious as it contradicts itself on many occasions, I think its more of a fable created by man so as to guide us morally in doing what is right. I was raised strictly catholic but I don't go 2 church anymore because I don't see the use in it. The church is a propaganda, why are there are so many different branches of christianity but only one God. Ppl go to church and read d bible religiously but yet they are not any better than atheists. I chose to live a good life, not because of religion but because I know its the right thing to do. God doesn't need to tell you stealing is bad or murdering is bad, if you have common sense then you should already know that those are bad.
WORD! Pls get out of my head.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by pweeryambre: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
candieangel12: This topic is interesting. I am not atheist, I believe there is a higher being, but I dont take the bible serious as it contradicts itself on many occasions, I think its more of a fable created by man so as to guide us morally in doing what is right. I was raised strictly catholic but I don't go 2 church anymore because I don't see the use in it. The church is a propaganda, why are there are so many different branches of christianity but only one God. Ppl go to church and read d bible religiously but yet they are not any better than atheists. I chose to live a good life, not because of religion but because I know its the right thing to do. God doesn't need to tell you stealing is bad or murdering is bad, if you have common sense then you should already know that those are bad.
WORD! Btw Pls get out of my head.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
Policewoman: I have a question for the atheists here. When one dies, what happens to the person?

I am guessing the same thing that happened to you in 1221

Blissful eternal sleep
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
Policewoman: I only pray that Gos forgives your outbursts as coming out of ignorance. I also pray that someday God will make you believe. Man is not just made up of the physical body we see. He also has a soul and a spirit (God's image). When a human being dies, his body goes back to d dust whence from it came, his spirit returns to God the creator, and his soul goes to either Heaven or Hell depending on what he or she did while on earth.
oya, return to the police station kia kia!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by candieangel12(f): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: Maybe... but you dont believe in God. How does it sound to you?
That aside, the christain believes in an after life home, inhabited by the most high. And before you make it to this place, you must keep to the commands of the most high. You dont keep half of his orders, nor even believe him, how would you make it to this place then?Also, it is not judging pointing out a wrong notion, it is being real .

And who told you chosing not to believe in God is wrong? We are all humans n have the right to believe or not to believe. What makes believers better than non believers?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Policewoman(f): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
A fool saith in his heart that there is no God.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
I guess your god must be emotionally crazy like you.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by maclatunji: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: I thought you've finally learnt how to think. I was wrong. I will still help you.
If morality is the criteria for heaven, many atheists and freethinkers will make it.
Hope you are not confusing it with something else?
What is morality?

Exactly my point, you cannot define "goodness" which you say is based on "morality" and based on this same "morality" that you cannot define, you would hypothetically make it to hypothetical "heaven". No need to bother with the likes of you. tongue
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Policewoman(f): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
Lord Babs: oya, return to the police station kia kia!
Not without arresting you for God first.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
candieangel12:

And who told you chosing not to believe in God is wrong? We are all humans n have the right to believe or not to believe. What makes believers better than non believers?
Young lady, are you following at all?
The 'wrong' notion I was pointing out was not the unbelieve in God, but to be partaker in what you dont believe in.
How does it work?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
Policewoman: I have a question for the atheists here. When one dies, what happens to the person?
and you're a policewoman, i guess. When you shoot a robber, and he dies, what happens to the robber you shot?

1 Like

Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
smh, and you're a policewoman, i guess. When you shoot a robber, and he dies, what happens to the robber you shot?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Exactly my point, you cannot define "goodness" which you say is based on "morality" and based on this same "morality" that you cannot define, you would hypothetically make it to hypothetical "heaven". No need to bother with the likes of you. tongue
Hahahaha.
I understand. I'm a mental giant.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Policewoman(f): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
Lord Babs: and you're a policewoman, i guess. When you shoot a robber, and he dies, what happens to the robber you shot?
I have already answered that question. Check post 127.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
Policewoman: Not without arresting you for God first.
LWKMD! Where are your cuffs(hands stretched)? At last, I see someone who will take me to god. . .policewoman wan arrest lawyer... I pity u!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
Policewoman: Not without arresting you for God first.
LWKMD! Where are your cuffs(hands stretched)? At last, I see someone who will take me to god. . .policewoman wan arrest lawyer... I pity your waste of time and guts!
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
Policewoman: I have already answered that question. Check post 127.
busy to check. Mind reanswering?
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

He said atheists are evil and I gave him a list of people that he cant call evil or else, he would be a hypocrite.

That was the point.

As a conservative muslim, you might be too brainwashed to understand since you believe that islam is the truth

Who says he "can't call them evil". Who is the person that is so unquestionable to you that has declared those people not "evil".

A few weeks ago, I am sure Lance Armstrong was also a "good person", what is he now? Who are those making these definitions? I have no need to refer to his religious inclination. I am only pointing out to you that it is only a foolish person that will declare another human being "not evil" without question based on the definition of his fellow human beings. I daresay that you cannot see beyond your nose.

If you disagree with the bolded, do you know any of those guys in person to have judged their character? There are so many people with a beautiful public image who are monsters in reality just as the reverse also holds true for some other people.

Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden where once "good guys" to America. I ask again; what is goodness? Give me a definition that is universally acceptable.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Mary4life1(f): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
Reyginus: sister, calm down. Their is freedom of religion you know.
He is meant to be a sharpener to the religious.
i know that there is freedom of religion but he needs to know the light-GOD.he can insult me,i dont care but he should never insult my GOD.i am naturally cool tempered but if anyone insults my God,it wont be funny.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Who says he "can't call them evil". Who is the person that is so unquestionable to you that has declared those people not "evil".

A few weeks ago, I am sure Lance Armstrong was also a "good person", what is he now? Who are those making these definitions? I have no need to refer to his religious inclination. I am only pointing out to you that it is only a foolish person that will declare another human being "not evil" without question based on the definition of his fellow human beings. I daresay that you cannot see beyond your nose.

If you disagree with the bolded, do you know any of those guys in person to have judged their character? There are so many people with a beautiful public image who are monsters in reality just as the reverse also holds true for some other people.

Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden where once "good guys" to America. I ask again; what is goodness? Give me a definition that is universally acceptable.

You fail so hard at logic. Dont worry, the resident atheist is here to help.

I never said those people I mentioned were good. I just said that they were not evil.

For the guy to call people evil and then, use their products and benefit from their contributions to mankind is quite hypocritical. That is the point.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by LordBabs(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
maclatunji:

my friend, you're threading more on subjectivism...little wonder ideas of heaven & hell, god & devil are subjective.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Born2beRich1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
I noticed something here...@logic boy doesnt believe in God or christainity but he knows the bible very well (indirectly decieving others that there is no God)...Let me advise you to read the book of Romans 1 vs 21-22....If you know your history/philosophy very well you will find out that some of these atheist when they are about to die quickly give their life to christ..Just remember that no matter whom you are christain, muslim, unbeliever or believer, Jesus loves you... smiley smiley
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by kingingkinging: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: NO

Thank you. He must first believe there is a God who created the heaven and the earth including him or her. Believing in God is not about any religion. It is just like the Igbos fighting Nigeria, killing one another with gun and at the same time accusing same Nigeria of not giving them food.

You must pick one, either you are for me or against me, no two ways to it.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by pak: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

First of all, I don believe in your God or heaven, so you cant threaten me with hell. wink

Also, for you to say that those that dont believe in God are all fools and evil, you should look at the computer/tablet/phone that you are using.

Apple/Iphone- Steve Jobs- Zen Buddhist. Doesnt have a personal god

Microsoft- Bill Gates- Atheist/agnostic. Doesnt believe in god

Electronics- Japan- 64% dont believe in god

Electronic- China/South Korea- majority dont believe in god

Nigeria- 98% believe in god. number 1 in corruption.

maclatunji:

So what is your point?

Lionel Messi believes in God. How does that change the topic at hand?
It is quite ironic that whilst you seek to deny God, you look to your fellow human beings for validation. How low can you get?

Classic response there, maclatunji
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by haruna1970(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Samaritans hated Jews and their god.

If the good samaritan can go to heaven, then a good atheist can.

Furthermore, why would it be your heaven that exists? Why not the muslim heaven? The Jewish heaven? Wouldnt you go to hell if they were right?
Don-'t mind them. The only heaven that exist is the one you create for yourself.
Re: Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
Born 2be Rich: I noticed something here...@logic boy doesnt believe in God or christainity but he knows the bible very well (indirectly decieving others that there is no God)...Let me advise you to read the book of Romans 1 vs 21-22....If you know your history/philosophy very well you will find out that some of these atheist when they are about to die quickly give their life to christ..Just remember that no matter whom you are christain, muslim, unbeliever or believer, Jesus loves you... smiley smiley

Sharaap there. I know a lot about the bible because I was a christian before.

I also know a lot about the Quran.

Knowledge is power. I read both books and decided for myslef that those two books are very dangerous guides for life.

Christians love the old testament 10 commandments but will avoid the part of the bible that says we should kill people who dont obey the sabbath.

Muslims believe that the Quran is the perfect word of God but the same book says we should beat our wives and that muslims were allowed to keep female slaves malmat alaykum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18 / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.