Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,337 members, 7,974,427 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:10 AM

Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir (20225 Views)

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? / Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ibos, supremacist tendencies, they want to secede yet they don't stay at home and develop their home, If the north refuses them food, they'll die of kwarshiorkor (they grow only yams), as long as biafra can't get yorubas to back them, till Jesus comes, biafra would keep deceiving itself, if they want another secession, I would propose another blockade, block all food supplies!, Achebe ought to make yorubas biafra's friend not create more animosity. Why do I need to throw a punch when I hold the ace? The only tribe that accommodates this ibos remains the same yoruba they so much castigate, an ibo man is fashola's commissioner, they enjoy free health care where I live in lagos!, I'm really angry, if they want to go, let them go!
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
Soyinka rules .Igbos beleive in justice . If a yoruba man stands for justice and accept the truth- it is the beginning of wisdom. Soyinka just re affirmed what Achebe said .He just summarised it without going into the nitty gritty of the whole history . He said before the war and the genocide . Please for once let the the yourbas be honest . This is coming from one of you - an internationlly aclaimed writer . Igbos are not crying about the war . Igbos have long moved on . The war had been a catalyst for igbos success in nigeria today . Imagine people surviving on only 20 pounds which was planned and executed by AWO; it was clear indicator that AWO who repreent yorubas hated igbos; planed for complete anihilation of igbos both physicaly and economically ( 20 pounds policy). No wonder he commited suicide because he would not have been a happy man should he be living today seing the progress of igbos he wanted to destroy excel in all human endeavours including leading in education where he did a lot for yorubas . Igbos keeps on marching forward from strength to strength and as long as nigeria state continue to exist, igbos will continue to forge ahead lead in every thing in nigeria . It is question of time igbos will get presidency . Yorubas should know that igbo presidency is the offing. Going by the present situation igbo president is close compared to yoruba presidency and nothing is gonna stop that unles nigeria splits and this is the fact. The hatred yorubas have against Jonathan presidency is his root to old eastern nigeria and his seemingly close relationships with IGBOs . Thats just the bad politics yorubas are playing while as we re all southerners . Yorubas hate igbos; now yorubas are fighting with south south people because of GEJ and hope to form alliance with the North ( ACN and Buhari) . You guys are digging your graves politically. Fighting with your felow southerners . This political dispensation has really exposed the yorubas to south south people and this is what the igbos have been suffering in their hands for years. It is a suicidal politics that ever haunt the west But u know what? igbos are the emerging force in Nigeria , nothing is gonna stop that . it is just a question of time .You all know . The earlier you guys note that , the better for you yorubas. I dont want secession of igbos from Nigeria . I want igbos to remain in nigeria and assume the right position as the most progressive in nigeria entity . Long live Soyinka . We need more soyinkas in yourba land and not awos then yoruba land will be good and progressive.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: Soyinka rules .Igbos beleive in justice . If a yoruba man stands for justice and accept the truth- it is the beginning of wisdom. Soyinka just re affirmed what Achebe said .He just summarised it without going into the nitty gritty of the whole history . He said before the war and the genocide . Please for once let the the yourbas be honest . This is coming from one of you - an internationlly aclaimed writer . Igbos are not crying about the war . Igbos have long moved on . The war had been a catalyst for igbos success in nigeria today . Imagine people surviving on only 20 pounds which was planned and executed by AWO; it was clear indicator that AWO who repreent yorubas hated igbos; planed for complete anihilation of igbos both physicaly and economically ( 20 pounds policy). No wonder he commited suicide because he would not have been a happy man should he be living today seing the progress of igbos he wanted to destroy excel in all human endeavours including leading in education where he did a lot for yorubas . Igbos keeps on marching forward from strength to strength and as long as nigeria state continue to exist, igbos will continue to forge ahead lead in every thing in nigeria . It is question of time igbos will get presidency . Yorubas should know that igbo presidency is the offing. Going by the present situation igbo president is close compared to yoruba presidency and nothing is gonna stop that unles nigeria splits and this is the fact. The hatred yorubas have against Jonathan presidency is his root to old eastern nigeria and his seemingly close relationships with IGBOs . Thats just the bad politics yorubas are playing while as we re all southerners . Yorubas hate igbos; now yorubas are fighting with south south people because of GEJ and hope to form alliance with the North ( ACN and Buhari) . You guys are digging your graves politically. Fighting with your felow southerners . This political dispensation has really exposed the yorubas to south south people and this is what the igbos have been suffering in their hands for years. It is a suicidal politics that ever haunt the west But u know what? igbos are the emerging force in Nigeria , nothing is gonna stop that . it is just a question of time .You all know . The earlier you guys note that , the better for you yorubas. I dont want secession of igbos from Nigeria . I want igbos to remain in nigeria and assume the right position as the most progressive in nigeria entity . Long live Soyinka . We need more soyinkas in yourba land and not awos then yoruba land will be good and progressive.

Its more honourable to commit suicide than to run crossed dressed as a woman. So called 'warrior' who ran away deserves to be shot!, that's what the army does, shoot whoever abandons to army in a war.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
Enough of this yoruba claiming of being accomodative . If not for lagos , igbos would not have migrated to the west in good number . Have you people forgotten that Lagos was the capital of nigeria for yrs hence the migration of many nationalities to lagos including igbos being migratory in nature . To say the truth , the igbos are more in north than the west .The north are more easy to deal with and the most honest tribe in Nigeria to work with or do business with if not because of their religion ( Islam) which tends to mislead them some times . Igbos are in the west because of Lagos which happened to be the capital of Nigeria. Other tribes tends to avoid residing in the east because they cannot compete with igbos in business and other human endeavour . Not in terms hostility . igbos are not hostile to their visitors .They accomodate other tribes in the east . They dont attack them as long you stay and do your business. Even despite immense provocation by the northerners against the igbos residing in the North , igbos still keep calm and wouldnt reteirate in the east . The bottom line is that other nationalities esp yorubas are scared of coming down to east to invest because of cowardice .
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
Igbos are happy that ojukwu ran away not to be killed by awo and gowon . Because to us Ojukwu represents the igbo . Ojukwu is our model . ojukwu has the real igbo blood . He retreated to fight again . If ojukwu was killed in the war, the igbos would not have recovered from the war so easily . no matter what u people say about ojukwu , he is our hero and the nigerian hero if people want to face the truth . He proposed confederation in nigeria ( Aburi accord) which led to civil war ; nigeria under gowon and awo said no , Now people esp the west is asking for what ojukwu said 45 yrs ago . There u re . He understands that with the moslem north ; nigeria as a country will not survive . Tell me what is happening now BOKO!. He lived ahead of his time .A man who saw tommorrow . Educated , inteligent , rich , smart and brave . No nigerian like him . He got every thing .
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by majorGM: 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
That happen in the past....let face the present nw....thee boko haram
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by Nchara: 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
sleek29: Ibos, supremacist tendencies, they want to secede yet they don't stay at home and develop their home, If the north refuses them food, they'll die of kwarshiorkor (they grow only yams), as long as biafra can't get yorubas to back them, till Jesus comes, biafra would keep deceiving itself, if they want another secession, I would propose another blockade, block all food supplies!, Achebe ought to make yorubas biafra's friend not create more animosity. Why do I need to throw a punch when I hold the ace? The only tribe that accommodates this ibos remains the same yoruba they so much castigate, an ibo man is fashola's commissioner, they enjoy free health care where I live in lagos!, I'm really angry, if they want to go, let them go!

Seems you enjoy the current state of Nigeria? I hear some Oduduwa people asking for secession or is it just a ruse? I have also read some Northerners asking to secede.

There is a saying that he who holds another to the ground must be doing so while on the ground themself. If you get up, the one you are holding to the ground is bound to get up as well. So, keep feeling you are holding Biafra to the ground; at the same time you are on the ground. Little wonder Nigeria is on the ground and will remain so until Biafra is free.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: Soyinka rules .Igbos beleive in justice . If a yoruba man stands for justice and accept the truth- it is the beginning of wisdom. Soyinka just re affirmed what Achebe said .He just summarised it without going into the nitty gritty of the whole history . He said before the war and the genocide . Please for once let the the yourbas be honest . This is coming from one of you - an internationlly aclaimed writer . Igbos are not crying about the war . Igbos have long moved on . The war had been a catalyst for igbos success in nigeria today . Imagine people surviving on only 20 pounds which was planned and executed by AWO; it was clear indicator that AWO who repreent yorubas hated igbos; planed for complete anihilation of igbos both physicaly and economically ( 20 pounds policy). No wonder he commited suicide because he would not have been a happy man should he be living today seing the progress of igbos he wanted to destroy excel in all human endeavours including leading in education where he did a lot for yorubas . Igbos keeps on marching forward from strength to strength and as long as nigeria state continue to exist, igbos will continue to forge ahead lead in every thing in nigeria . It is question of time igbos will get presidency . Yorubas should know that igbo presidency is the offing. Going by the present situation igbo president is close compared to yoruba presidency and nothing is gonna stop that unles nigeria splits and this is the fact. The hatred yorubas have against Jonathan presidency is his root to old eastern nigeria and his seemingly close relationships with IGBOs . Thats just the bad politics yorubas are playing while as we re all southerners . Yorubas hate igbos; now yorubas are fighting with south south people because of GEJ and hope to form alliance with the North ( ACN and Buhari) . You guys are digging your graves politically. Fighting with your felow southerners . This political dispensation has really exposed the yorubas to south south people and this is what the igbos have been suffering in their hands for years. It is a suicidal politics that ever haunt the west But u know what? igbos are the emerging force in Nigeria , nothing is gonna stop that . it is just a question of time .You all know . The earlier you guys note that , the better for you yorubas. I dont want secession of igbos from Nigeria . I want igbos to remain in nigeria and assume the right position as the most progressive in nigeria entity . Long live Soyinka . We need more soyinkas in yourba land and not awos then yoruba land will be good and progressive.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by hollypagan: 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mad Cow: Soyinka is a Nobel Prize winning drug addict and Yoruba cultist...
monkey must u comment
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by tomakint: 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Where is that RABID DOG called Dayokanu, a psychopath of the deepest dye? Indeed, truth is bitter!! Great thanks to a real man who choose to condemn injustice against the innocent souls, Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka you are indeed a defender of the defenseless, you have been vindicated at last, so am I!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: Igbos are happy that ojukwu ran away not to be killed by awo and gowon . Because to us Ojukwu represents the igbo . Ojukwu is our model . ojukwu has the real igbo blood . He retreated to fight again . If ojukwu was killed in the war, the igbos would not have recovered from the war so easily . no matter what u people say about ojukwu , he is our hero and the nigerian hero if people want to face the truth . He proposed confederation in nigeria ( Aburi accord) which led to civil war ; nigeria under gowon and awo said no , Now people esp the west is asking for what ojukwu said 45 yrs ago . There u re . He understands that with the moslem north ; nigeria as a country will not survive . Tell me what is happening now BOKO!. He lived ahead of his time .A man who saw tommorrow . Educated , inteligent , rich , smart and brave . No nigerian like him . He got every thing .

Name one great warrior who ran away, heard about the spartans?, despite them knowing they were losing, they kept fighting, that's honour! Running and coming back to beg is the highest point of cowardice, Achebe ran to the US, Ibos are so brave!, Mandela spent 26 years in prison and still held unto his struggle, Achebe is a coward for not having the guts to face Nigeria in Nigeria, Fela stayed here, Gani fawehinmi stayed, that's bravery to me. Ojukwu ran away, that to me sucks! And mind you I'm getting married to an Ibo woman

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by blasterman(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Talk talk on online let's see action and water will find its level. If the any group of people want to leave the nigeriAn state I say bravo to that at the end of the day nobody really cares. Vacuum absorbs space as one group leaves opportunity presents itself for others. Everybody is looking out for there own pocket in this world of today. But remember rwanda especially Hutu vs Tutsi there will be tribal war and every body will have to return to his fathers village and bear his fathers surname
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
For some of you who are saying that igbos should deveop their homeland . Who told you that east is not developed? In igbo culture ,the first money or riches you acquire is used to bulid a mansion in your village before building any house in the township be it in the west , or north or eastern townships . As i write , there is more villages in igboland as copmpared to other parts of Nigeria. The peolpe some of you -yorubas have is that you dont travel to other parts of nigeria . you mahe ur judgement based on what u heard . Go to east and see development . My friend who is a yourba went to east for youth service and was shocked . He confessed that from enugu to owerri he could not see a bush . What does that portends ? Answer is development. In the actual sense , igbos are the only people who beleive in one nigeria than any other tribes because they develop any place the dwell in nigeria and make it look like home.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by Dede1(m): 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

Another rubbish from gran pa dundie 1 ...lmao

Eko Ole,

You are a drooling dummy.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: Enough of this yoruba claiming of being accomodative . If not for lagos , igbos would not have migrated to the west in good number . Have you people forgotten that Lagos was the capital of nigeria for yrs hence the migration of many nationalities to lagos including igbos being migratory in nature . To say the truth , the igbos are more in north than the west .The north are more easy to deal with and the most honest tribe in Nigeria to work with or do business with if not because of their religion ( Islam) which tends to mislead them some times . Igbos are in the west because of Lagos which happened to be the capital of Nigeria. Other tribes tends to avoid residing in the east because they cannot compete with igbos in business and other human endeavour . Not in terms hostility . igbos are not hostile to their visitors .They accomodate other tribes in the east . They dont attack them as long you stay and do your business. Even despite immense provocation by the northerners against the igbos residing in the North , igbos still keep calm and wouldnt reteirate in the east . The bottom line is that other nationalities esp yorubas are scared of coming down to east to invest because of cowardice .

Now that Lagos aint no longer the capital, I think yall can move your ass to abuja. Just do a survey of the region with the highest amount of non natives, then you'll know who is more accommodating. What Soyinka just said showed how objective yorubas can be. An igbo man would never see anything wrong in what a fellow igbo man does and its a fact. I agree that a genocide happened and awolowo somehow was culpable, but I want just one Ibo person to admit that Ojukwu played a huge part in the genocide. Ojukwu, Gowon and Awolowo caused the genocide, plain simple!
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 11:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: Enough of this yoruba claiming of being accomodative . If not for lagos , igbos would not have migrated to the west in good number . Have you people forgotten that Lagos was the capital of nigeria for yrs hence the migration of many nationalities to lagos including igbos being migratory in nature . To say the truth , the igbos are more in north than the west .The north are more easy to deal with and the most honest tribe in Nigeria to work with or do business with if not because of their religion ( Islam) which tends to mislead them some times . Igbos are in the west because of Lagos which happened to be the capital of Nigeria. Other tribes tends to avoid residing in the east because they cannot compete with igbos in business and other human endeavour . Not in terms hostility . igbos are not hostile to their visitors .They accomodate other tribes in the east . They dont attack them as long you stay and do your business. Even despite immense provocation by the northerners against the igbos residing in the North , igbos still keep calm and wouldnt reteirate in the east . The bottom line is that other nationalities esp yorubas are scared of coming down to east to invest because of cowardice .
Right...right...can you explain what the Igbo guys that kidnapped the wife of a politician were doing in Osun State? Or is Osun State part of Lagos? Even more mind boggling, why would any Igbo people return to the North after the Civil War in large numbers as if they had quickly forgotten the pogroms that eventually culminated in the Civil War? Some people like to say "Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" (not that I subscribe to such a simplistic point of view), but maybe you can provide some illumination, especially considering that the same thing has happened over and over (as in mass killings)?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ sleek29
I am not surprise you re getting married to an igbo . Dont misunderstand me , there many soyinkas in yoruba land and majority of my friends in overseas are yorubas and one the that treat me well i retrun it. Marrying an igbo woman is blessing and a good investment . Some of my yoruba friends asked me to link them to igbo girls for marriage . So it is not new that a yoruba is marrying igbo girls . It is a common trend in Nigeria today . As long u re able to convince the igbo girl go ahead ; u need that elusive and valuable igbo blood man.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: For some of you who are saying that igbos should deveop their homeland . Who told you that east is not developed? In igbo culture ,the first money or riches you acquire is used to bulid a mansion in your village before building any house in the township be it in the west , or north or eastern townships . As i write , there is more villages in igboland as copmpared to other parts of Nigeria. The peolpe some of you -yorubas have is that you dont travel to other parts of nigeria . you mahe ur judgement based on what u heard . Go to east and see development . My friend who is a yourba went to east for youth service and was shocked . He confessed that from enugu to owerri he could not see a bush . What does that portends ? Answer is development. In the actual sense , igbos are the only people who beleive in one nigeria than any other tribes because they develop any place the dwell in nigeria and make it look like home.

If its so developed, I wonder why you visit once a year then, if the east is so developed, simply move back there, how hard can that be, the Jews were always persecuted and so they all moved back to israel, so move back to the east and begin the secession there.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
tomakint: Where is that RABID DOG called Dayokanu, a psychopath of the deepest dye? Indeed, truth is bitter!! Great thanks to a real man who choose to condemn injustice against the innocent souls, Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka you are indeed a defender of the defenseless, you have been vindicated at last, so am I!

tomakint: It is no longer news that the N’digbo are warming up to present a candidate for the 2015 Presidential race, in my own candid opinion it is a dream project that has long been overdue. Indeed, [size=18pt]this is the time we as a people [/size](should rally round our Igbo brothers and sisters in unison and see how this dream can be actualized come 2015 but still on one ground, that is, if and only if the entity called Nigeria will still be ONE!

How I wish my Igbo brothers and sisters will stop pursuing different agenda and come together under a unified voice for the common good of their FUTURE! [size=18pt]To my Igbo compatriots I say to you all,[/size] it is never too late to put your house in order.

[size=28pt]Honestly, I am Yoruba simply because I studied at UI, My other names are Andre Uweh, Abadaba and ngodigha[/size]cheesy grin
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2012

If your land is accomodating why are you rushing elsewhere. Why not just stay in your land. Abi the place dey chase you ni?

How would you leave a "Developed" iboland and go to live and die in an "Undeveloped" Yorubaland
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
@logica

Note that igbos are not cowards like you people and besides, this is one nigeria!!!! for which many nigerians lost their lives . As per the kidnapping , yorubas are the insiders in the kidnap . They recruited the brave igbos to do the job . The real story will eventually come out . Ok what about 2 yourbas that were involved in Alu atrocity lawal and segun . Who invented 419 , drug trafficking and oluwale thing ( fake passport , fake documents etc ) Are they not yorubas based in lagos?
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by Orblonde: 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
ajoguegbe: Let's bury the hatchet. Learn from our past and plan for the future. Nigeria is blessed

Maybe a civil war memorial day? The freedom to fly a biafra flag without non-igbos getting exicted?
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: @ sleek29
I am not surprise you re getting married to an igbo . Dont misunderstand me , there many soyinkas in yoruba land and majority of my friends in overseas are yorubas and one the that treat me well i retrun it. Marrying an igbo woman is blessing and a good investment . Some of my yoruba friends asked me to link them to igbo girls for marriage . So it is not new that a yoruba is marrying igbo girls . It is a common trend in Nigeria today . As long u re able to convince the igbo girl go ahead ; u need that elusive and valuable igbo blood man.

Your last statement is the same reason why I won't marry one, I hate the talk about ibos being better that every other, it really sucks, Look, I try to be objective before judging a situation, and I agree that awolowo's policies caused the starvation but I also agree that Ojukwu's egoistic tendencies made the situation even worse and after that escaped and left the Ibos to die, only to be accepted back in Nigeria. I am yet to hear any Ibo man talk objectively without taking sides, I remember when el rufai critisized the budget on anambra, he was labelled as insulting ibos.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: @logica

Note that igbos are not cowards like you people and besides, this is one nigeria!!!! for which many nigerians lost their lives . As per the kidnapping , yorubas are the insiders in the kidnap . They recruited the brave igbos to do the job . The real story will eventually come out . Ok what about 2 yourbas that were involved in Alu atrocity lawal and segun . Who invented 419 , drug trafficking and oluwale thing ( fake passport , fake documents etc ) Are they not yorubas based in lagos?

Igbos are not cowards yet the Igbo warlord fled battle

This was what Effiong said about him

read what a real warlord, Effiong had to say about Ojuku

When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.

The b1nch fled the war front and left the populace to die

What a shame to war generals.

God bless Effiong a true general who waited not the biatch who fled
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: @logica

1. Returning to the killing fields of the North is not bravery; it is stup!dity of the highest order because it indicates you are incapable of learning.
2. Kidnapping does not indicate bravery; it is a criminal offense. How brave can you be when 5 MEN with GUNS go pick up a WOMAN?
3. You obviously suffer from some sort of complex; I pointed out to you that Igbos live in far away Osun state and you begin to rant about "crimes committed by Yorubas".
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ Dayo kanu

Igbos are migratory in nature . even before the war igbos were every where in nigeria . Even overseeas igbos dominate . What do you also expect from the people who were given only 20 pounds to do business and support the family after the war? In order to survive , igbos moved again after the war to other parts of nigeria beleiving in one nigeria, to do business and make money since other tribes lack that business sense and it is paying off now because u can hardly see poor igbo family . Igbos will not leave their business in other parts of nigeria because we were forced in to one nigeria and we have to live that one nigeria. The bottom line is that you people are just jealous if igbo people acheivement esp in other parts of nigeria and you want us to abandon the estabilshments for yorubas and hausas . That will not happen at all if that is your dream unles nigeria splits. But for now in one Nigeria , igbos surge on irrespective of the location.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: @ Dayo kanu

Igbos are migratory in nature.
Oh, I thought the only reason Igbos are in Western Nigeria is because of Lagos?
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by sleek29(m): 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
@dayokanu, lovely post, a general never abandons his troops, never!, even a mere private dare not leave the war front, a brave man who knowing he had messed up big time ran away. General Effiong is the true brave heart, bravery is not all about brawn but also brains, Ojukwu despite being an History graduate displayed sheer naivete

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
icon aus: igbos moved again after the war to other parts of nigeria beleiving in one nigeria
Oh, so you actually believe in "One Nigeria"? I would have thought otherwise judging by the utterances of most of you on various threads.
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ dayokanu

Needless saying who is coward and who is not coward . nigerians know who is coward and you know who is not coward . And beleive u know who is coward. Other tribes not only igbos know that yorubas are cowards playing snake politics in Nigeria that will eventually catch up with them .
Re: Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
The hero while fleeing even killed 2 children

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Press Release On Boko-Haram By US Dept Of State / Bullet Proof Cars Tinubu Flew In From Germany / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.