Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,669 members, 7,889,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:04 AM

Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack (12116 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / FG Recalls Arunmah Otteh / See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
See as people wan use corner corner dey advertise for NL! Dem no wan pay Advert Rate at all. Wahala dey o!
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Policewoman(f): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
The national assembly is calling for her head for the mere fact that she deflated their overbloated egos. If anybody is to be sacked, it's those overfed, lazy and unproductive senators. Most of dem deserve to be recalled.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by takedat(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
I do not doubt Oteh's ability to drive the Capital Market but her arrogance is her albatross. We have much distinguished women like NOI who have through their HUMILITY carried their workforce along without any qualms. We have a lot of bad people in Nigeria's bureaucracy but ones ability to drive them to achieve your goal makes you a good leader. Oteh should quit her arrogance and see how successful she would be.

1 Like

Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by UD101(m): 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
omenziate: Woman with harvard degree, No b same senate wey ekweremadu yap say some b illiterates. Dis legislooters should STFU and do wat they were elected to do. I never see any one of dem raise motion se their salary and allowance too much. Mad bunch.
Thank you M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ broda, i don't (•͡_ •͡ Y dese legislooters want Τ̲̅ђi§ lady out. The capital market's been doing well i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ recent weeks which is about the only good news coming out 4rm 9ja now i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d mist of boko haram, Aluu, yobe etc atrocities. This lady ShoulD be left †Φ do her job, maybe she's still single 'cos she's been very busy making sure our capital market gets back  the right track after the Onyiuke mess. Changing her will onlY worsen it.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Ozonna(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Is it the same capital market that has been recording gains in recent weeks?

I wonder!!! Foreign investors are even returning to the market again.

Lets see what Pres GEJ will do. But If i am in GEJ's shoes, i will tell Aruma to step aside, tell NOI/Aganga to look for a competent Nigerian Abroad or ask Ezekwesili to replace her (She may likely decline) and sack all the senior staff workers in that organization.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
obo_man: lol........

Woman that has been keeping oga Jona warm while madam Patience dey Germany.....

You now want her sacked? waitin Oga go hang on to when first lady takes another trip abroad?

Senetor, Abeggiii... no go there o, if you don't want Jona to deal with u...
lol... you are on your own grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by FrankC3: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
[quote author=semid4lyfe]

According to him, the committee noted that since Oteh's return, the commission has been plagued with series of protests that have pitted her against the staff.

"The committee, therefore, resolved to support the position of the House of Representatives that the SEC DG be removed forthwith. The committee also resolved to have nothing to do with Arunmah Oteh for as long as she remains at the helm of affairs at the SEC", he said.

Am i the only one that observed this point. Their only grouse with this woman is that she does not work well with staff. Others calling for her removal on this forum refer to funny stuff like 'arrogance' and indecent allusion. This underlined the poverty of ideology behind some of these so called clarion calls.

On a more serious note, this is the time for the President to empower his party to play the right politics that should instil more discipline in the polity especially among his party members. Because of the perceived humility of Mr President, everybody now challenge the enormous powers of his office. How can the National Assembly be so strongly pitched against the executive arm over almost everything despite the fact that the ruling Party has the majority in both houses? I think that Mr President need to straighten his politics. The way things are going, these guys will derail his programs. He needs strong politics at a time like this. Not just him as a person, the office should remain the highest in the land, Democracy does not dictate that the NA call the shots. Now, many people will not like this but it is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by oniwo(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
afam4eva: I think this personal have a hidden vendetta against this woman. What exactly is there grouse with her?

I dey laugh o
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by NwaTeacher1: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
Politics everywhere in Nigeria. because this woman was strict, honest and prudent, thatz why nigerian politicians are after her. She exposed some politicians who siphoned govt money and the levelled some alligations against her which was later noticed by Mr president that the woman is innocent and she was renstated. Why this same political cabals are still against this woman. I sensed the hands of d former DG and his cousin deputy speaker who put his wife in SEC without due process pushing this matter up. Plz u pple shld allow this woman 2 perform b4 u crucify her

1 Like

Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by SkyBlue1: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
NASS of recent are beginning to get more irritating then usual. Don't they have a job to do? What exactly are their achievements in the past quarter? What have they done to curb corruption? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I think a couple of these people need to be withdrawn by popular protests and the democratic machinery to set a precedence! We are not serious as a nation. Has Lawan been recalled yet?
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by PastorOla1: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
Those in power in Nigeria do not want a better Nigeia, they will always be against those who say the TRUTH, NASS Members will rather celebrate and shield Farouk Lawal than to support this woman just because she is not in their CLASS AND TRUTHFUL. they should please let this poor woman be! Now that the capital Market is picking up they want another MAIGORO there? No way.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by akintun: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
D woman has done nothing wrong. As far as I'm concerned she should use her full tenure. Her job is not to promote d capital market. She is dere to regulate d stakeholders in d capital market.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by taharqa: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
take dat: I do not doubt Oteh's ability to drive the Capital Market but her arrogance is her albatross. We have much distinguished women like NOI who have through their HUMILITY carried their workforce along without any qualms. We have a lot of bad people in Nigeria's bureaucracy but ones ability to drive them to achieve your goal makes you a good leader. Oteh should quit her arrogance and see how successful she would be.
Define Arrogance plz?
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Demdem(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
erniok:
I tot it was dezanni doing that job now, its oteh. Why can't you folks make up ya damned minds

As long as one is under the influence of kai-kai such changes them frequently like diapers. So its normal.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by taharqa: 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
Demdem:

As long as one is under the influence of kai-kai such changes them frequently like diapers. So its normal.
Dont be foo.lish Demdem...
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by takedat(m): 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
taharqa: Define Arrogance plz?
Guy one of the reasons there are calling for her sack is because of the persistent protests of SEC officials. The report that was submitted before her re-call indicted her for being High handed and if you can recall that Anyim chastised her for that.
Most SEC staff including the competent ones find it difficult to relate with her. I don't doubt her know how but there should be a way of carrying your people along. In every organisation there are good ones and saboteurs but a good leader should know how to manage them which is what Oteh lacks
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by mike404(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
obo_man: lol........

Woman that has been keeping oga Jona warm while madam Patience dey Germany.....

You now want her sacked? waitin Oga go hang on to when first lady takes another trip abroad?

Senetor, Abeggiii... no go there o, if you don't want Jona to deal with u...
OBO_MAN cheesycheesycheesycheesy gringringringrin you go like obo wella o
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by martinosi: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
pro01: The biittch should be thrown out quickly. I support this Senate resolution abeg. See how she has been prancing around Abuja with the smug self-assurance of a woman that has been sucking the president's prick.

The erstwhile House of Reps Chairman of Committee on Capital Markets (Hembe) has long been relieved of his chairmanship, tried in the courts, and subjected to humiliating media insults - just because he exposed this woman's violation of public service best practices and regulations. Why is she still there as SEC DG? If Hembe had to go, then she also has to go. Her continued stay as SEC DG is an affront to the National Assembly. It is almost like saying that any slut is more powerful than the National Assembly if she has bedroom 'connections' in the presidency.

U R TRULLY IGNORANT...

They are calling for her sack becos they cant handle the fact that she knows her Job
and is putting them to shame...dont have a narrow mind and short attention span.

See video of below of Oteh exposing a Senator
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Demdem(m): 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
taharqa: Dont be foo.lish Demdem...

What's foolish in that post of mine? Abegii commot jor
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by martinosi: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
pro01: The biittch should be thrown out quickly. I support this Senate resolution abeg. See how she has been prancing around Abuja with the smug self-assurance of a woman that has been sucking the president's prick.

The erstwhile House of Reps Chairman of Committee on Capital Markets (Hembe) has long been relieved of his chairmanship, tried in the courts, and subjected to humiliating media insults - just because he exposed this woman's violation of public service best practices and regulations. Why is she still there as SEC DG? If Hembe had to go, then she also has to go. Her continued stay as SEC DG is an affront to the National Assembly. It is almost like saying that any slut is more powerful than the National Assembly if she has bedroom 'connections' in the presidency.

U R TRULLY IGNORANT...

They are calling for her sack becos they cant handle the fact that she knows her Job
and is putting them to shame...dont have a narrow mind and short attention span.

See video of below of Oteh exposing a Senator

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfIVO9A7_U8[/flash]
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by taharqa: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
Demdem:

What's foolish in that post of mine? Abegii commits

Stop attacking his person; attack his policies or even style if you so choose. Constantly attacking a person's personality makes you look unserious
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Demdem(m): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
taharqa:

Stop attacking his person; attack his policies or even style if you so choose. Constantly attacking a person's personality means you look unserious

Says who? Besides I didn't attack him from that post.
Was generally stating the possibilities of such scenarios especially under an influence. Read again.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by PEREP: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Is it the same capital market that has been recording gains in recent weeks?
Only God knows the imminent collapse this ACN Senator is talking about ohhhhh. He must have just returned from Mars or Jupiter
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Drunk: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2012

Maladjusted statement from a completely clueless eager to post fellow
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by azimibraun: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Make una break dis whole scenario dwn a liitle.. Seems all of una dey vex, dey confused or HIGH! Sentiment na d only thing I summarise frm dis whole gist.. Both frm d haters and d fans.can smbody b fair and explain wella?
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
ABEG MAKE THEM LEAVE THE WOMAN ALONE JARE.THE STOCK MARKET IS DOING FINE AND IF HER SUBORDINATES THINKS SHE IS NOT ASSOCIATING,THEN ITS PROBABLY BECOS SHE HAS REFUSED TO PLAY BALL.
AS AFAR AS AM CONCERNED,THOSE PROTESTING FOR HER REMOVAL SHOULD ALL BE SACKED IMMEDIATELY AND REPLACED.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
jamace:

Bros, I don't seem to understand your grouse with the woman. Are you saying that because she refused to give bribe to Hembe and his cohorts she has committed an offence? Damn it! You must be one of those feeding fat on the rot (corruption) in the Nigerian system.Wake up! angry Like already pointed out by a member above, the Nigerian Stock Market is on the march to boom again. You better go and buy your shares now and profit from the able leadership of this Lady.

Lol. Bros, were you the intermediary between the biitch and Hembe in the alleged bribery episode? How/why did you come to the conclusion that she is [wrongly] being maligned just because she refused to give "bribe" to Hembe and his committee? Because she herself alleged so? Or because the media reported so? Did the media not also report Oteh's corrupt/irresponsible actions as alleged by Hembe's committee? Why do you subjectively choose to believe the former and ignore the latter?

Why do you prefer to ignore the fact that Hembe also accused Oteh of indulging in corrupt practices and breaching public service regulations? She was accused of spending TAX PAYERS money to the tune of N850,000 on food and refreshments in one day, and staying in a hotel (Transcorp Hilton) on TAX PAYERS' bill for over 8 months, during which she wasted over N30 million of Tax Payers' money - in brazen disregard for public service rules:
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/4233-sec_boss_arunma_oteh_spent_n850_000_on_food_for_a_day.html
www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/equities/39946-investors-lose-n131b-as-dangote-stumbles.html

Now, I watched the committee proceedings live. Since she could not defend her excesses, she resorted to what biitches like her do best: she shed crocodile tears and accused the committee of demanding a bribe from her, and claimed that it was because she refused to give the bribe that she was being 'victimised'. Why did she not convincingly DENY the allegations against her, but chose instead to spew counter-allegations?

I don't need to reveal what I know or what I don't know. Since your arguments are based on newspaper reports, I would also limit my argument to newspaper reports. Now, since NO court has found Hembe guilty of demanding bribes from SEC or Oteh, and yet he was removed from his committee chairmanship (and subjected to a trial), why hasn't Oteh suffered the same fate? Both of them accused each other of serious infractions; why is Oteh's accusation more credible to you than Hembe's? More so when the former has been put though a judical process and yet has so far not been vindicated? The standard practice in more civilised societies is that accused persons would step down from their posts when they are accused - rightly or wrongly - of serious infractions, even if they are later found innocent. Remember Dominique Strauss-Kahn? Why the hell is Oteh still there? Because she is sucking Mr. President's executive ballz? Or because she is the only "Harvard-educated" Nigerian that is qualified to be DG of SEC? Please.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by obowunmi(m): 12:16am On Oct 19, 2012
I hope they leave this lady alone. She's purging the system. E no easy.
Re: Senate Calls For Arunmah Oteh's Sack by obowunmi(m): 12:19am On Oct 19, 2012
Oteh is much better than Madueke (there's no bigger crook that this beautiful dev,il, Akunyuli, and Ibru).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shutting Down National Grid Is Criminal, Police Warn Protesters / 3 Boko-Haram Members Killed, 31 Arrested In Maiduguri / Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.