Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,637 members, 7,924,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 12:03 AM

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? (13578 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Nigeria Is Finished! I Am Ashamed Of My Country - Pics / Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by solomon111(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2012
But seriously,this is strange.
Germans,americans,russians,responsible for millions of deaths are proud of their countries,then why should i be ashamed of Nigeria.
Only a political and historical dimwit will feel inferior,especially in western countries.
They have no moral high ground over me.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by dabrake(m): 8:34am On Oct 24, 2012
Yomieluv:
Am ashamed of patient Goodluck,her English na die.
I'm ashamed of you

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:34am On Oct 24, 2012
Cn sum1 b ashamd of hm(her)self? U n I am d nigeria u r talkn about. Am nt hpy wt wat is hapening in naija n hope 4 rectification some day. Dat doesnt mean am ashame of being a naijan. I dnt knw about u. Bt i cnt b ashame of my giant of Africa. Proudly Nigerian
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2012
I wear my Naija-ness on My Sleeve

Naija and Oyedepo fan for life
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by dabrake(m): 8:36am On Oct 24, 2012
naijababe: Never have, never will. Omo naija ni mi.......monkey no fine but hin mama like am
because him mama no fine nah

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by SELFWORTH: 8:42am On Oct 24, 2012
2mch: Being Nigerian is a terrible liability. The worst of it all is when you try to point out the criminals, they don't even look well-fed upon all the billions they steal, they don't look better than poverty stricken Nigerians. lipsrsealed cry. The truth is the country is a total and abysmal failure. Absolutely nothing to be proud of or patriotic about. Those looking for a future in finance abroad, avoid any links with Nigeria. Just claim Gabon, Cameroon or Sierra leone. If you say naija for life, when hunger strikes you go die o. Truth is bitter.
Pure truth. There is enough even on NL forum to be ashamed . Swearing, bad manners, calling Gods creation bitcxx, whxxe, gutter language, insulting other people parents on forums, bad grammar, intolerance of others opinion, criminals posing as law abiding citizens etc....need I say more
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by eduson55(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2012
[size=38pt]NAIJA FORVEVER

STANDING FOR 9JA

LIGHT OF THE WORLD.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by 360command: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2012
I can never be ashamed because i have made a pledge to Nigeria my country,to b faithful loyal and honest.to serve Nigeria wit all my strenght and .....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by odoguigbo: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Yes! Not only ashame; also bittered, worried, pained, cried and regreted. I mean not atimes; but always.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by elari(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2012
am only ashamed becos i know this reply via a nigerian ISP would take forever to be shown. Posted this at 08.25, lets watch out and see. . . Hehe
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by tonygee1(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2012
funny people u criticise and rain abuses on nig. So much on nairaland but once it is thrown on your faces to decide if u love naija or not u get confused

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Denlightened(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2012
[quote
author=Yomieluv]Am always ashamed being a Nigerian,and also ashamed of
knowing u posted this rubbish,when u know the right answer.

Am ashamed of Toto Dikeh.

Am ashamed of our policemen.

Am ashamed of Nollywood with their scrappy drama.

Am ashamed of patient Goodluck,her English na die.

Am ashamed of PHCN.

Am ashamed of our roads,they are bed of potholes.

Am ashamed of STAGGER,Billyonaire,they lie too much.

Am ashamed of Nigerian girls,they can date monkey cos of money.

Am ashamed of the poster,cos this is a stupid kwesion.[/quote]

I am also ashamed of you and your English(patient Jonathan)!so,you didnt learn capitalization in school.
pot calling kettle black!
Naija4life!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2012
It's a pointless and irrelevant question. People do not choose what countries and families to be born into and so you are never gonna get an objective response.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by berylLOL(f): 10:13am On Oct 24, 2012
Gentle Naaz: Cn sum1 b ashamd of hm(her)self? U n I am d nigeria u r talkn about. Am nt hpy wt wat is hapening in naija n hope 4 rectification some day. Dat doesnt mean am ashame of being a naijan. I dnt knw about u. Bt i cnt b ashame of my giant of Africa. Proudly Nigerian

yes someone can be ashamed of himself or herself.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Sike(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2012
Everyday!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by ubong560(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2012
All shld read dis carefully and resolve individually whether 2b ashamed of naija or nt. A vry closed friend of mine receive wat supos 2b d biggest embarrassment of his life in Uk. We jst arrivd at d airport in UK wch we took off frm South Africa and we were made 2 pass thru scanner. Other passengers were passing thru in 1 occasn,bt wen it came our time, the security personnel noticed his (my friend) country of origin and 2 cut d story short, my friend was repeatedly scanned mor dan 4x havng known he coms frm a notorious crime nation (NIGERIA). Wat image dos dat tel u abt d country? Y didn't they scan others frm oda countries as much as dat? Honestly, i was so ashamed 2b noted as a Nigerian.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by dabigwalls: 11:01am On Oct 24, 2012
Once. I went into a Sainsbury store in the Humber Area of Northern England one morning. Quite a beautiful day and right there at the entrance where the newstand was was a Tabloid "Face of a Fraudster" something like that and a Yoruba name popped up. He had moved £600,000 pounds with a Pakistani fellow in a bank over a period of one year. This was in 2008 and I have a Yoruba name, I am a Yoruba guy. Had major Yoruba shame on that day. Bought the paper and left. Felt really really sad.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Which ever mod put this on frontpage is an idi/ot. The mod who first saw this thread and couldnt delete it is a bastard. When will you miserable guys end your quest in disgracing nigeria?
I dont care where you are now but if you were given birth to in a nigerian hospital, you attended primary, high school or college in a nigerian school, you've been treated in a nigerian hospital, you live in nigeria, you were born by a nigerian. If you are any of the above and you are not proud to be a nigerian, then you are such a callous unpatrotic idiotic bastard!!! Mtcheew, im out of a thread of lunatics... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Okontami: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
speedyboi: Which ever mod put this on frontpage is an idi/ot. The mod who first saw this thread and couldnt delete it is a bastard. When will you miserable guys end your quest in disgracing nigeria?
I dont care where you are now but if you were given birth to in a nigerian hospital, you attended primary, high school or college in a nigerian school, you've been treated in a nigerian hospital, you live in nigeria, you were born by a nigerian. If you are any of the above and you are not proud to be a nigerian, then you are such a callous unpatrotic idiotic bastard!!! Mtcheew, im out of a thread of lunatics... Smh
Mr Patriot, its so clear that you are myopic, lack the understanding of the truth and not very good realist. You are nothing but a sycophant. In todays news alone please see what it says ( It is full of kidnapping of priest,Boko haram stories, cops killing, teachers beating pupil to death,robbers invading market killing some one,boko haram planning attack for this salah). How do you want any one to be proud of this. The hospital you talked about have one of the highest maternal mortality rate in the world. Just yesterday, my friend called me that he lost his wife due to after birth issues (in 21st century 2012) Haba. Is this a country. You are talking about school. I spent six and half years for a 5 years course in the university in Nigeria. What crap are you saying?? My street where i grew up was graded by my father. The drainage in my area was done by my father. My father had to buy more than 16 electric poles to ensure there is epileptic electricity in our area. They did community contribution to Nepa in order to bring transformer. What are you saying. You cant sleep at night without fear of armed robbers, you cant call on police and you will be promptly attended to. There is so much bribery. You are running your mouth because you have never left your comfort zone. Get out of Nigeria and you will know that Nigeria is hell fire. I can say hell cant be much more worse than Nigeria. In as much as I defend the country when I talk with foreign nationals. Please let us speak the truth. It is a country that is in sensitive to its citizens. Some of the Citizens too are too barbaric and evil minded. Imagine people like your self, kidnapping and killing their fellow humans. Am so sorry for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by seyibrown(f): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
I can be, and have been ashamed of shameful acts perpetrated by some Nigerians but can never be ashamed of being Nigerian. If I had the chance to choose over and over again, I'll choose to be Nigerian again and again.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Guchis(f): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
No. Double/triple check my passport all you want, give me looks and ask me more questions than required... i will not flinch!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Okontami: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
Please check this site http://www.statehouse.gov.ng/contact-us and ask me, if it is not worthy of being ashamed of. This site is the equivalent of the white house website. All you will see is latin that means rubbish. That stuff means (Beating, inhabit the sad old age and disease, spanned, and the advising hunger and the ugly need. Product temperature than, overall life, just needs time to be used before. This link will obviously not be published poverty than ever. Welcome to my life is going. Japan's real estate available. Add to Cart Learn More Section Blog is the quiver. The entrance was nice, but the sauce, please of life, adorn not be published, simmer. Welcome Home, pumping needs more seasoning, it's used, and the requirements for pool time arrows

Until there's more for the base. To navigate. This protein did not do that course throat, temperature or want more, much more job satisfaction scale was. Contact. For more information, my new one, try the ferry, more grief, fear)

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
Anybody who is proud to be Nigerian is either seriously delusional or simply ignorant to the myriad of problems afflicting our society. If you've ever been abroad and seen a society that works or gone through enhanced searching at airports for being Nigerian or get humiliated at crowded embassies of people looking to leave this cesspit of a nation, you'll certainly be ashamed to be Nigerian. If you travel outside the country and are quick to broadcast to everyone that you're Nigerian, you're doing yourself a massive disservice and put yourself subject to prejudice and preconceptions that Nigeria conjures in the minds of others. Except I'm asked, I can't go screaming on the rooftops affirming to everyone that I'm Nigerian. I'm not suggesting there aren't success stories out there but they are totally overshadowed by the negative stories. There is absolutely nothing to be proud of as a Nigerian' In just about every facet of life and every human index of development, we're a pathetic nation through and through. angry

Ordinary Olympics, we no fit win common bronze medal. A country of over 150 million people. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by seedord247(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
Obi1kenobi: Anybody who is proud to be Nigerian is either seriously delusional or simply ignorant to the myriad of problems afflicting our society. If you've ever been abroad and seen a society that works or gone through enhanced searching at airports for being Nigerian or get humiliated at crowded embassies of people looking to leave this cesspit of a nation, you'll certainly be ashamed to be Nigerian. If you travel outside the country and are quick to broadcast to everyone that you're Nigerian, you're doing yourself a massive disservice and put yourself subject to prejudice and preconceptions that Nigeria conjures in the minds of others. Except I'm asked, I can't go screaming on the rooftops affirming to everyone that I'm Nigerian. I'm not suggesting there aren't success stories out there but they are totally overshadowed by the negative stories. There is absolutely nothing to be proud of as a Nigerian' In just about every facet of life and every human index of development, we're a pathetic nation through and through. angry

Ordinary Olympics, we no fit win common bronze medal. A country of over 150 million people. grin

C'mon sir... Can i cal you inglorious chump..... You said just bcus of embassy and airport some1 should be ashamed of nigeria... Sir, permit me to say this... You are a fooool.

Besides, how many country have u being to? Or maybe you are one those opportunist that run out of nigeria with fake doc. If we are to be ashamed of niigeria bcus of our passport... What would country like, afghanistan, libya, iraq, mexico, colombia, haiti,..just to name a few.. Those countries are worst than nigeria internationaly but yet you hardly see them degrading thier country bcus they know that every country has is own positive and negative side.

Can i even ask you a question, what have you contribute to this country... Nothing except your cannibslistic being of representing nigeria.

And you talked about olympic.... Are we the only country that partake?...what about other countries from asia, america.. Europe... Do you hear their citizen ranting bcus they did not win a single bronze....

Always look outside first before spitting jargons mr twerp.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Kenfil(f): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
I rep my country like hell..Before u even ask..ive already told u my nationality...Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by SELFWORTH: 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
speedyboi: Which ever mod put this on frontpage is an idi/ot. The mod who first saw this thread and couldnt delete it is a bastard. When will you miserable guys end your quest in disgracing nigeria?
I am ashamed of you and your gutter language to all who use this forum ...you are a complete disgrace to civilisation .
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
seedord247:

C'mon sir... Can i cal you inglorious chump..... You said just bcus of embassy and airport some1 should be ashamed of nigeria... Sir, permit me to say this... You are a fooool.

Besides, how many country have u being to? Or maybe you are one those opportunist that run out of nigeria with fake doc. If we are to be ashamed of niigeria bcus of our passport... What would country like, afghanistan, libya, iraq, mexico, colombia, haiti,..just to name a few.. Those countries are worst than nigeria internationaly but yet you hardly see them degrading thier country bcus they know that every country has is own positive and negative side.

Can i even ask you a question, what have you contribute to this country... Nothing except your cannibslistic being of representing nigeria.

And you talked about olympic.... Are we the only country that partake?...what about other countries from asia, america.. Europe... Do you hear their citizen ranting bcus they did not win a single bronze....

Ah, e be like say e pain you sha. grin Why do you need my permission to abuse me? You think I care what a keyboard warrior thinks? I'm a gainfully employed, tax-paying, law-abiding citizen. That's my contribution to the country. Sorry, ehn? Not everyone has to bury their heads in the sand about the international embarrassment that is Nigeria just because you choose to. You're probably one of those halfwits that watch overaged Nigerian footballers in youth football and support them under the premise of claiming "everyone else is doing it". Kpele, ehn. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by SELFWORTH: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
tony gee: funny people u criticise and rain abuses on nig. So much on nairaland but once it is thrown on your faces to decide if u love naija or not u get confused
l concur. That is Nigerian hypocrisy at its best..,
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by SELFWORTH: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

Ah, e be like say e pain you sha. grin Why do you need my permission to abuse me? You think I care what a keyboard warrior thinks? I'm a gainfully employed, tax-paying, law-abiding citizen. That's my contribution to the country. Sorry, ehn? Not everyone has to bury their heads in the sand about the international embarrassment that is Nigeria just because you choose to. You're probably one of those halfwits that watch overaged Nigerian footballers in youth football and support them under the premise of claiming "everyone else is doing it". Kpele, ehn. kiss
This is a forum . It's clear everyone will not agree with each other . What is the crime in the difference of opinion and why the insult to your posting ? I am tired .... People are Intolerant and have a one track mind .
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by danjohn: 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
I have never been ashamed of Nigeria. But when I was in college some of my American friends used to tease me by saying something along the line of "hey, you know I received an email yesterday from a Nigerian King. He wants to give me 2 million dollars." Right now I just laugh it off.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by HoneyPrincess(f): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ashamed or REGRET! dats d right word.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by babaowo: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
seedord247:

....he is not fool, he is an slowpoke with mental disorder,they plenty here on naira land......... as for me i luv my LAGOS nd naija 4 life!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Are The Subsidy Buses?????(safetrip) / Money Laundering: Court Frees Fani-kayode / Adeyanju Regains Freedom As Police Ban Protest At Unity Fountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.