Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,313 members, 7,891,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:54 PM

Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos (14169 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by blaksril(m): 12:00am On Oct 30, 2012
billante:

If they are disgracing you make I give you rope?
Your train of thought depicts the IQ training u r on. undecided
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by billante(m): 12:02am On Oct 30, 2012
To take a budget and spread it out to rehabilitate 22 aiports all over nigeria to a fairly standard terminals and to take the whole budget to construct a eight wonder terminal at only lagos which one is better all these arm chair critics??

Pls these remodelling projects is a start to better things...one step at a time!!
If you people are not atleast happi for little little progress being made, I have plenty of ropes in my garage! grin just ask for one, I will be kind enough to hand over. grin

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Bukkyade: 12:06am On Oct 30, 2012
chucky234: Mumu,check the pic for what TWA Terminal at Kennedy Airport look like in 1965
Fool, and this your pic of JFK appears more modern than the newest termminal? You must be high on weed.
Imagine how you are evaporating hot air over such a wonderful architectural masterpiece that the new GAT represents.
You may have gone to moon and mars to behold more splendid airports but we are happy to see the first of this kind on our land.

I repeat. if your foolish paymasters and predecessor presidents gave us a terminal this good, we won't be discussing about this one by now.
You are such a shameless looser who feels overwhelmed by president Goodluck Jonathan's strides in the aviation industry in just one year in office.
This new terminal is replicated in other places. You need to see the Benin, Yola, Enugu terminals and that of Abuja. grin grin it is fresh all the way.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by billante(m): 12:06am On Oct 30, 2012
blaksril: Your train of thought depicts the IQ training u r on. undecided

Professor I can see ur 1Q!
If we do a critical look at ur life am sure mogadishu airport will be in better shape that ur life.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by blaksril(m): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2012
billante:

Professor I can see ur 1Q!
If we do a critical look at ur life am sure mogadishu airport will be in better shape that ur life.
It's not pronounced "1Q", its IQ. Brush yourself up!!!
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 12:26am On Oct 30, 2012
Nice one, but we're still @ least 30yrs behind. I Pray we catch up soon enough... angry angry sad sad angry sad
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by sesanrota(m): 1:38am On Oct 30, 2012
Bukkyade: Haters will avoid this thread like a plague. They will rather prefer to go to other threads and lambast the govt for not doing anything at all.
Witches and wizards

same way you lambast others, people are entitled to there opinion u know..
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by chucky234(m): 1:57am On Oct 30, 2012
Bukkyade:
Fool, and this your pic of JFK appears more modern than the newest termminal? You must be high on weed.
Imagine how you are evaporating hot air over such a wonderful architectural masterpiece that the new GAT represents.
You may have gone to moon and mars to behold more splendid airports but we are happy to see the first of this kind on our land.

I repeat. if your foolish paymasters and predecessor presidents gave us a terminal this good, we won't be discussing about this one by now.
You are such a shameless looser who feels overwhelmed by president Goodluck Jonathan's strides in the aviation industry in just one year in office.
This new terminal is replicated in other places. You need to see the Benin, Yola, Enugu terminals and that of Abuja. grin grin it is fresh all the way.
This idi:ot is a big fool,imagine this goon referred to poor GAT a masterpiece,a structure I see everyday while driving through the airport to Ikeja. I am not sure if know where the airport is located,your dumb brain is laughable.
That's the worst I have seen in recent time,you can settle for mediocrity because your life is a mediocre one,no reasonable govt erect such pitiable structure in 2012 then gather dignitaries to commission it.
That your so called masterpiece is 1990 standard and that's to say Nigeria is 22yrs behind,too bad for a govt tagged the most expensive in the world. I have nothing but pity for you because from what I can sense your brain cells are affected by a rare brain ailment,see a doctor fast before its too late.
Comparing that poor shopping mall they call airport to JKF shows you are dumber than I thought,beetle-headed

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by sesanrota(m): 2:41am On Oct 30, 2012
i can only pray we catch up........
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Smooyis(m): 4:53am On Oct 30, 2012
Hmmmm. Good intention, but bad product. The design and quality is noting to wite about. The project should be investigated. I guess a lot of fraud must have taken place. It looks too local for my liking
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by chykeo1(m): 7:15am On Oct 30, 2012
Nonnyz: Wonderful! When the matter on remodeling of our Airports GAT first came up, frankly, I criticised same, fuming and lambasting of the much waste thereon which will go into the pocket of a few... Now, my assertions and believe indeed have been flawed as GEJ 's government again, have wrestled me to the ground on this. A very commendable work.

I wish more Nigerians can be like you. Acknowledging when you are wrong and praising what is right!. I salute you.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by ogayor: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2012
constant maintenance should not be forgotten too.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by badboy: 7:27am On Oct 30, 2012
I like the idea, I hate the quality of job done, cost of execution regardless. From the ceiling down, the job looks rushed and obviously substandard. The same effort and funds put in to get the job to this stage would have given better results if well supervised. As a finishing person, I am particularly irritated at the quality of the ceiling job. It's very sad that this is in lagos, Nigeria's flagship,supposedly. Kpele.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by jydoskillz(m): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2012
648 million naira
HNosegbe: I want to know the cost.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by banki(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2012
funny people so we are expectd to clap for the fg foor doing what remodelling the airport? what should we do to the governments that built the airport. am so sure the money used to remodel the airport would build 4 new airports, besides airports around the world are noww prvately run, Gatwick airport is run by a private nigerian citizen.

Nothing extra odinary
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by wisemikky(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2012
@Gekko,
i strongly agree, they dont give a sh*t when building such public facilities but go for the best when itz their property.
have you seen the mansion most of these officials live in, state of the arts finishing and interior decor.

they tried sha for not embezzling the whole fund for the project wink
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by AjanleKoko: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Not bad, I think.
No point building a humongous edifice if we can't maintain it. It's decent enough, considering that we have the private-run MMA2.

But the finishing is a bit subpar sha sad
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Twy: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2012
I will say it is a good start, but the aviation industry still needs better regulation in terms of maintenance and better structure for promotion. The Lagos sector right now is dry, with Arik and Aero the main airlines using both MMA2 and GAT. The minister needs further briefing and ideas on developing the sector if they are building or remodelling new terminal and old terminals. Also, security and proper regulation for relatives of passengers, I was at the international section yesterday and had to spend an hour in the sun, no proper screen for arrivals and no proper information dissemination for waiting visitors, I almost had to start asking arriving passengers which flight are they coming from just to find a way to go and rest under the shade. If they are to start remodeling, they have to do an almost excellent job in all corners unless they will get criticism from people waiting in the sun, to staff packing luggages from the airline to waiting passengers, not properly supervising taxi drivers. BUt all in all it is a good start.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Pain(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2012
What else should the Government be doing? After all it is their mandate to deliver on all basic & necessary infrastructure. I wonder why we keep applauding them for what should be their basic call of duty. Enough said. In the land of the Pirate, a Burglar is a Saint. I empathize with Nigerians, we are victims of several years of abuse by all the institutions of government. It will take some time for the wounds to heal and for the scars to fade. Sorry all.

2 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2012
manny4life: TBH, I'm not feeling the airport, nonetheless, its all good.

U took the words out of my mouth. It looks more like a warehouse.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Dee60: 8:27am On Oct 30, 2012
Pain: What else should the Government be doing? After all it is their mandate to deliver on all basic & necessary infrastructure. I wonder why we keep applauding them for what should be their basic call of duty. Enough said. In the land of the Pirate, a Burglar is a Saint. I empathize with Nigerians, we are victims of several years of abuse by all the institutions of government. It will take some time for the wounds to heal and for the scars to fade. Sorry all.

SPOT ON!
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by AjanleKoko: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2012
Pain: What else should the Government be doing? After all it is their mandate to deliver on all basic & necessary infrastructure. I wonder why we keep applauding them for what should be their basic call of duty. Enough said. In the land of the Pirate, a Burglar is a Saint. I empathize with Nigerians, we are victims of several years of abuse by all the institutions of government. It will take some time for the wounds to heal and for the scars to fade. Sorry all.

While I understand your point of view, I also see the need to appreciate (note, I said appreciate, not hero-worship) a government official that actually did something. Nigeria is a complicated society with variegated problems, most of all the truculence and dishonesty of the ruling elite. It is their job, yes, but remember that these people don't think there is any social contract between them and the people, and mostly don't give a shyt.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by werepeLeri: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2012
Most of the people talking about JFK, Heathrow, Oliver Tambo etc are people who havent been to these airports before. 2006 - Oliver Tambo airport was as bad as the remodelled airport - it was refurbished before the World Cup and what's the talk about it. Most people sit on the internet and search for pictures to make a point. How many airports have they been to? I bet none, they just keep talking about mediocrity like they just learnt the word. LOL. What else will you want them to do? Build Airports with Gold? Na wa. The Kotoka airport in Ghana cant even stand MM2- People will just talk no matter what - but then, no be them get their mouth?

So because people smile when government officials are around then means they are boot lickers? That opinion is the worst I have listened to lately. Maybe they should be crying then when they are with govt officials.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by AjanleKoko: 8:34am On Oct 30, 2012
werepeLeri: Most of the people talking about JFK, Heathrow, Oliver Tambo etc are people who havent been to these airports before. 2006 - Oliver Tambo airport was as bad as the remodelled airport - it was refurbished before the World Cup and what's the talk about it. Most people sit on the internet and search for pictures to make a point. How many airports have they been to? I bet none, they just keep talking about mediocrity like they just learnt the word. LOL. What else will you want them to do? Build Airports with Gold? Na wa. The Kotoka airport in Ghana cant even stand MM2- People will just talk no matter what - but then, no be them get their mouth?

Bros, you gbagaun.
Kotoka airport, most definitely can't compare. But not OR Tambo. OR Tambo is much better than any airport in Nigeria, and has always been. I visited SA for the first time in 2002.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2012
manny4life: TBH, I'm not feeling the airport, nonetheless, its all good.

How would you feel Airport yoruba ministers destroyed for more than 8 years,m the last revamp was done by Kema chikwe....OBJ's friend Aborisade and femi reduced all Nigeria airports to car parks. I was suprised when a yoruba guy in my office said as far as the money was looted by a yoruba man he doesnt care and that is the mentality all of them have.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Crescentd(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2012
werepeLeri: Most of the people talking about JFK, Heathrow, Oliver Tambo etc are people who havent been to these airports before. 2006 - Oliver Tambo airport was as bad as the remodelled airport - it was refurbished before the World Cup and what's the talk about it. Most people sit on the internet and search for pictures to make a point. How many airports have they been to? I bet none, they just keep talking about mediocrity like they just learnt the word. LOL. What else will you want them to do? Build Airports with Gold? Na wa. The Kotoka airport in Ghana cant even stand MM2- People will just talk no matter what - but then, no be them get their mouth?

So because people smile when government officials are around then means they are boot lickers? That opinion is the worst I have listened to lately. Maybe they should be crying then when they are with govt officials.

OR Tambo has always been a magnificent airport and you cannot compare OR Tambo Airport of 2006 to any one we have right now in Nigeria. There is simply no basis of comparison.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by naja2: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2012
Nonnyz: Wonderful! When the matter on remodeling of our Airports GAT first came up, frankly, I criticised same, fuming and lambasting of the much waste thereon which will go into the pocket of a few... Now, my assertions and believe indeed have been flawed as GEJ 's government again, have wrestled me to the ground on this. A very commendable work.
Bloody illitrate sycophants commending the president of the richest black nation on earth and the7th highest exporter of crude oil in for borrowing 550m dollars from china to refurbish our airports out of which about 250m dollars would ve been divertd and genrations to come wil struggle to pay back after 2.3trillion has been looted thru subsidy
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by werepeLeri: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Bros, you gbagaun.
Kotoka airport, most definitely can't compare. But not OR Tambo. OR Tambo is much better than any airport in Nigeria, and has always been. I visited SA for the first time in 2002.

Lol. OR was refurbished for the World cup. Ok. So it is now better than all airports in Nigeria, noone is contesting that, but does that take away the fact that the remodelling are steps in the right direction? Or you want them to build an OR as a local terminal?

Its so amazing. When nothing is done, we shout, when something is done, we shout its not done enough. I cant figure that out at all.

When the contract for the ten lane airport road in Abuja was announced, a lot shouted on this same forum saying no need for it, and all sort of criticisms, but today, I am sure the thousands plying the roads daily are happier. But someone will sit behind his desk and internet in one remote corner of the world and begin to condemn it while the real users are happy they have something better.

Thats how someone said the government is building shopping malls and calling them airports, haba? I dont geddit.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by naja2: 11:22am On Oct 30, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

How would you feel Airport yoruba ministers destroyed for more than 8 years,m the last revamp was done by Kema chikwe....OBJ's friend Aborisade and femi reduced all Nigeria airports to car parks. I was suprised when a yoruba guy in my office said as far as the money was looted by a yoruba man he doesnt care and that is the mentality all of them have.
clown! who fought objs govt d most? were they not yorubas, tinubu,gani,falana, yorubas are not as bigoted as some of u guys are, i ve alot of respect for ibo people i ve many as friends and they are great people but i must say that i have noticed agreat inferiority complex from a lot of ibos on nairaland.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by Dee60: 11:28am On Oct 30, 2012
AjanleKoko:

While I understand your point of view, I also see the need to appreciate (note, I said appreciate, not hero-worship) a government official that actually did something. Nigeria is a complicated society with variegated problems, most of all the truculence and dishonesty of the ruling elite. It is their job, yes, but remember that these people don't think there is any social contract between them and the people, and mostly don't give a shyt.

There were no such complaints when MMA2 was opened. Reasons: It was done by the private sector and that is what should be happening to airports now 2/The design, construction and finishing was very good, not just a product of panel beating 3/ It was commissioned new and it wasn't a case of doing fanfare after close to a billion (or even more) was spend panel beating an airport.

Nigerians must learn to challenge the wrongs of government and not sit down wishing that good governance will come without people raising their voices.

Third Mainland bridge has just been repaired and should be declared open today. Should government do another commissioning because of that repair?

BRF, Lagos Governor has done several world-class projects, yet you wont see pictures of commissioning flying around.

You panel beat an airport, use unsafe and inferior tiles, and gather to commission when renovation is still on. Sorry, that is below par!

Do not get me wrong, I admire the Aviation Minister for making an effort and for improving things, and I really do. I only wish that she and others should raise the bar, reject shoddy job and minimize the waste that is accustomed with these 'commissionings'.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2012
wisemikky: @Gekko,
i strongly agree, they dont give a sh*t when building such public facilities but go for the best when itz their property.
have you seen the mansion most of these officials live in, state of the arts finishing and interior decor.

they tried sha for not embezzling the whole fund for the project wink

^^^I cannot but agree with you; when they give contracts for the construction of public buildings like these, more often than not, they cut corners and throw quality out the window.....but when it comes to their private properties -as a rule of thumb- they go for bespoke materials and furnishings, and insist on top of the line finishing.
Re: Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos by 27naira(m): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
Poor quality finishing.

Atleast the ceiling fans are gone for good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Appeals CCT Ruling, Seeks To Stall Trial Today / Reps Fume As MUSTAPHA Maihaja, NEMA DG Spends N13bn In One Month / Lawan And His 'bow And Go' Crew By Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.