Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,804 members, 7,886,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Be An Atheist For Twelve Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days (4123 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
There are many people in this world, with different beliefs, principles, religions, and ideologies. In order to live peacefully we are to respect each others beliefs as long as we feel it is not having any bad effects in the society.

But we have certain people who love to persuade other people to conform to their principles, who frequently critisize and condenm any other person who is not practising their faith, even when the person is very good, wise and with a noble heart.

But I have one question for u, how can you say someone else's belief is diabolic and negative when u have never truly experienced it?

I was born a christian, was raised a christian, was born again, read my bible, had hands laid on me, spoke in tongues, worked diligently in church, was and still is upright and decent, infact I was what u could call a good christian. But after everything, after truly sitting down to analyse things, I found it all empty.

Many atheists have gone through this path. So when we finally open our eyes and realise that there are so many blind people in the world, we try to make them see.
I can say that we are justified in doing this. Although recently I have just been having fun, and trying to be happy with everybody.

But u, a christian, a muslim, how can u sit down comfortably hurling insults and curses at me when u have never known what its like to be me? What guts do u have to call a buddist or traditional worshipper a demon when u have never been in their shoes? How can u call my fruit bitter when u have never tasted it?

For the fact that I am concentrating on atheism, I want u to go on a little quest for me. Have a vacation from ur normal ''way of life'', just for twelve days.

Pretend u do not belief in God, thats it all false. Lets pretend that all those signs and miracles u believe in could actually be explained through placebo effect, hypnotism, tricks and so on.
Lets pretend u actually believe the bible isn't as supernatural as it seems, just for twelve days.
Lets pretend all the voices ''in ur mind'' are just ur conscience and your desires, not good and evil.
Lets pretend u have only this life to live and nothing else.

For twelve days lets not pray, read bibles, or go for any religious assembly. For one week lets not do anything religious. You can read some body language or psychology books, gist with not too religious friends, watch some funny movies and so on, just live like this is all u've got and u have got to make the most of it. Live a fulfilling, thrilling, and happy, free life.
I'm not telling u to go to a strip club or rob a bank, just don't be religious.

I trust ur very tolerant Jesus and confident God can allow that.

If u come out unscathed,feeling u were so empty throughout the tweve days then u can continue with ur normal life. U will be justified to call me a dumbass, and to persuade me to return to christianity.

But if u aren't bold enough, or u give me silly excuses, then u can find ur way out but don't come telling me to join ya, cos u will only be another myopic coward.

But if u go through those twelve days feeling like a burden had been lifted off ur chest, not empty but refreshed. If u come out feeling like ur faith hadn't done any real thing in ur life , like everything was just ur imagination, if u come out feeling free, then welcome to the enlightened side of life.

1 Like

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
Interesting, so you constructed all these out of your mind?

1 Like

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by k2039: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
I was an athiest for three years and it's crap.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by finestboy2(m): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Really crap
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by nikkyshyne(f): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Lol. Op, count me out. Lol
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
Funny thread really
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by manmustwac(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
nikkyshyne: Lol. Op, count me out. Lol
can't u even try for 12 hours? angry
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
*Farts*
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by nikkyshyne(f): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
manmustwac: can't u even try for 12 hours? angry
No be only 12 hours. Not even for 12 seconds. Oh boi.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Typical, u guys expect someone else to do for a lifetime what u cannot do for a day.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
k2039: I was an athiest for three years and it's crap.

Good for u. I was a christian my whole life, and its also crap.

3 Likes

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
Lol..... I would like some theists to take up this challenge
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
So do I. But I smell fear all over them, especially from the dude thats so jealous of my name.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
inurmind: So do I. But I smell fear all over them, especially from the dude thats so jealous of my name.

lol.....like I said;

https://www.nairaland.com/1088781/wise-man-not-cowed-knowledge

A wise man is not cowed by knowledge......
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03: Lol..... I would like some theists to take up this challenge
Let us switch roles for 12 days - that will be a better challenge.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....like I said;

https://www.nairaland.com/1088781/wise-man-not-cowed-knowledge

A wise man is not cowed by knowledge......
Sadly i did not read the thread - for certain reasons.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac:
Sadly i did not read the thread - for certain reasons.

Spiritual reasons?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

Spiritual reasons?
Psychic reasons, the thread will piss me off if i open it, so i did not bother.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac:

Ah, I understand, you fear the knowledge!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^Some knowlege are useless, and my spirit guide directs me not to waste time with certain things. I spend my time doing more reasonable things.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: ^^^Some knowlege are useless, and my spirit guide directs me not to waste time with certain things. I spend my time doing more reasonable things.

Okay.

wink
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 12:00am On Nov 02, 2012
It is for the same reason i did not open the popular thread - why did you become a christian or muslim. But aside that, i love reading your posts, it shows great logic - and i love logic, and have a sense of logic too - since i work in the field of science (that should not be surprising).
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwac: It is for the same reason i did not open the popular thread - why did you become a christian or muslim. But aside that, i love reading your posts, it shows great logic - and i love logic, and have a sense of logic too - since i work in the field of science (that should not be surprising).

it is surprising
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwac:

Hope u know psychic powers are very different from having the holy spirit?
Please do not try to mix them up.

Anyway, anyone ready for the challenge? Or u are still hiding behind ur mama's skirt?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:36am On Nov 02, 2012
I will not even be an atheist for a second talkless of twelve days. Your proposal makes no sense.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 12:39am On Nov 02, 2012
Hmn, I wil hav to ask my mama if she won't disown me first. I am a wimpy kid, and I piss in my pants too.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I will not even be an atheist for a second talkless of twelve days. Your proposal makes no sense.

If u can't, why do u expect others to fall at the feet of ur religion?

Besides, I am not telling u to disown ur god and accept atheism, I'm just telling u to experience what its like to be an atheist. If u can't then u have no right to condenm and critisize atheists, because u really do not know whats its like to be one.

What makes no sense in that?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwac: Hmn, I wil hav to ask my mama if she won't disown me first. I am a wimpy kid, and I piss in my pants too.

I'm not surprisedcheesy

Is there anyone out there who can do this?

U can share ur experiences afterwards no matter what the result might be.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 1:01am On Nov 02, 2012
I have been an atheist once. It was not very nice. I tried telling myself my gifts were just illusions, but it did not work.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 1:03am On Nov 02, 2012
inurmind:

If u can't, why do u expect others to fall at the feet of ur religion?

Besides, I am not telling u to disown ur god and accept atheism, I'm just telling u to experience what its like to be an atheist. If u can't then u have no right to condenm and critisize atheists, because u really do not know whats its like to be one.

What makes no sense in that?

I won't ask you to be A Christian before you condemn Christianity same way you shouldn't ask me to be an atheist before I can condemn atheism. What is sufficient is a good knowledge of what one is condemning and I must say that atheists on NL do a poor job of condemning the Bible. I think I know what its like to be an atheist. I have read many atheists comments in their sites all over the Web and am quite satisfied being a Christian. That said you should believe in God because Zature itself is evidence for GOd's existence. Something cannot come from nothing without a Creator.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 1:04am On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwac: I have been an atheist once. It was not very nice. I tried telling myself my gifts were just illusions, but it did not work.

Interesting.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 1:09am On Nov 02, 2012
Yes, i really struggled, tried to shut everything down and believe it was just illusions and immaginations. It almost cost me my sanity, so i had to pack my bag and return back to christianity, but i am now reformed and stronger. And realize that i must never attempt to shutdown my gifts again, or attempt to suppress the manifestations of the holy spirit ever again. In fact it was hell for me, like living a double life.

I am never leaving christianity again, even if threatened to be burned alive. Not happening, ever, ever,ever. . .in fact i can say ever 100000000000 times!

*I will just stay on the sidelines and watch*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor WF Kumuyi Build Bridge And Public Car Park / Ladies' Hair In Church / The Winners Family 21 Days Of Prayer & Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.