Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

Be An Atheist For Twelve Days - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days (4124 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:28am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: and does it make sense to you that nothing caused your god?

Yes and for the following reason. We know the universe had a beginning. That there was atime it didn't exist. We therefore infer a cause of the universe (i.e God) We do not believe in an infinite regress of causes so this cause therefore has to be uncaused. It is eternal. BTW can you write God with a capital letter G. Thanks.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 03, 2012
I like Uyi Iredia. He is confident in his BS.

There is no evidence for god, none.

God caused the big bang but god is immaterial. Has science ever dealt with the immaterial? With spirits? Why would a sane person infuse the immaterial into science?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:31am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

Before the big bang?

There is no before the Big Bang. Did you forget that time 'starts' with the Big B@ng.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:33am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Are you stup1d ? How can you say this when you know the Big Bang kickstarted the universe. How can you say the univetse always existed when it had a beginning (i.e the Big B@ng)
mumu, i was referring to pre-big bang. And don't forget that the big bæng was mere assumption for the basis of universal causation. What preceeded the big bæng definitely is not non-universal. Or do u assume your god exists outside the universe?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

There is no before the Big Bang. Did you forget that time 'starts' with the Big B@ng.

My point exactly and causality doesnt apply to before the big bang cool
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:36am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

BTW can you write God with a capital letter G. Thanks.
NO! I wittingly abhor it!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:37am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03: I like Uyi Iredia. He is confident in his BS.

What is BS is believing there is no God.

Logicboy03: There is no evidence for god, none.

You exist, don't you ? You are as much evidence for God as trees, birds, viruses etc.

Logicboy03: God caused the big bang but god is immaterial. Has science ever dealt with the immaterial? With spirits? Why would a sane person infuse the immaterial into science?

Because information is immaterial just as abstracts like love and justice. And information is the bedrock of science.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:41am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

We therefore infer a cause of the universe (i.e God)
how can u vapidly infer the existence of 'something' outside the existence of time and space(presumably big bæng)?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:42am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: mumu, i was referring to pre-big bang. And don't forget that the big bæng was mere assumption for the basis of universal causation. What preceeded the big bæng definitely is not non-universal. Or do u assume your god exists outside the universe?

Shut up your dirty mouth ! You said the universe always existed without a beginning. How does that mean you are reffering to the pre-Big B@ng. God's plane of exiztence isn"t limited to anywhere.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:44am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

My point exactly and causality doesnt apply to before the big bang cool

Causality applies because it is a universal principle. It isn't limited by time.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

What is BS is believing there is no God.

lol.....there is no evidence for God. None....so you are the one believing BS....on faith

Uyi Iredia:
You exist, don't you ? You are as much evidence for God as trees, birds, viruses etc.

Nonsense. That is not a logical statement. I could as easily say that you are evidence foo Allah or Thor. That does not make sense.

Fallacious thinking there. You are already assuming that there is a creator with your statement and then claiming that I am evidence for the creator. Very circular.

Uyi Iredia:
Because information is immaterial just as abstracts like love and justice. And information is the bedrock of science.

Such nonsense. We are talking about material processes. Physical processes in phyiscs. Physics doesnt deal with immaterial or non-physical processes or the spiritual or supernatural
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:47am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: how can u vapidly infer the existence of 'something' outside the existence of time and space(presumably big bæng)?

Is the Big B@ng time & space ? You aren't making any sense. You can infer because of the principle of cause & effect. Saying the Big B@ng isn't caused makes no sense since it has a beginning.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Causality applies because it is a universal principle. It isn't limited by time.

Nonsense. Causality is impossible without time. Use your brain.

Cause comes before the effect.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:49am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You said the universe always existed without a beginning.
poor reading skills! I said some scientists still believe that the universe could have always existed. Olodo!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:49am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: NO! I wittingly abhor it!

Abhor away !
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:56am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:
Saying the Big B@ng isn't caused makes no sense since it has a beginning.
I've heard this logic umpteens. It's flawed! If u say whatever begins must be caused, it's like saying what is not caused has not began. Do u get that logic?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:58am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....there is no evidence for God. None....so you are the one believing BS....on faith

No you are the one believing BS. Hopw can the universe magically appear then life evolve all out of nothingness. What wishful thinking.

Logicboy03: Nonsense. That is not a logical statement. I could as easily say that you are evidence foo Allah or Thor. That does not make sense.

Allah & Thor are ways of understanding that there is an ultimate Being responsible for the creation of our universe.

Logicboy03: Fallacious thinking there. You are already assuming that there is a creator with your statement and then claiming that I am evidence for the creator. Very circular.

I'm actually making an inference based on what I see. People create. We exist. We were created.

Logicboy03: Such nonsense. We are talking about material processes. Physical processes in phyiscs. Physics doesnt deal with immaterial or non-physical processes or the spiritual or supernatural

I see. Show me the physical location of E=mc2.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:59am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: I've heard this logic umpteens. It's flawed! If u say whatever begins must be caused, it's like saying what is not caused has not began. Do u get that logic?

Precisely ! How can something start if it wasn't first caused ?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 1:00am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Abhor away !
your illiteracy has made me guilty of digression. 12days...renounce your illiteracy and think apposite!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 1:00am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: poor reading skills! I said some scientists still believe that the universe could have always existed. Olodo!

Olodo oshi ! You never mentioned pre- Big B@ng.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 1:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

Nonsense. Causality is impossible without time. Use your brain.

Cause comes before the effect.

Time istself was also caused ode ! How then can you say causality is impossible without time!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 1:03am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: your illiteracy has made me guilty of digression. 12days...renounce your illiteracy and think apposite!

Just write God with a capital letter G. Abeg!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 1:04am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:
How can the universe magically appear then life evolve all out of nothingness.
the same way your fetish god sprung outta-no-where, clad in uncaused mightiness and 'unsource' intelligence, evolving plenty things.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 1:06am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Just write God with a capital letter G. Abeg!
impossiCANT!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

No you are the one believing BS. Hopw can the universe magically appear then life evolve all out of nothingness. What wishful thinking.

When did I say something can come from nothing?

Funny how your god came from nothing. No evidence, no cause, nothing

Uyi Iredia:
Allah & Thor are ways of understanding that there is an ultimate Being responsible for the creation of our universe.

Allah and Thor are myths for the same reason as Yaweh

Uyi Iredia:
I'm actually making an inference based on what I see. People create. We exist. We were created.

Fail. Fallacious thinking.

biological living things are quite different from non-living things. Apllying the same design logic to them is very wrong

Uyi Iredia:
I see. Show me the physical location of E=mc2.

That is a formula and not a process.

Physics deals with physical processes. The spiritual process of a spiritual god creating the universe is not scientific.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 1:09am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Time istself was also caused ode ! How then can you say causality is impossible without time!
think again, cretin, if god wasn't caused, then it must have DEFINITELY caused itself, hence its causality, hence its beginning. U get dat?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 1:13am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Precisely ! How can something start if it wasn't first caused ?
exactly! How did your god first start(existing & creating things), if it wasn't first caused(either by something else or by itself)?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 1:19am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:
Funny how your god came from nothing. No evidence, no cause, nothing
funny indeed. Always insisting something can't evolve from nothing, yet affirming that their child-blood-sûcking god came from nothing...logically, that god is just a pitiable euphemism for NOTHING!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 04, 2012
Hi guys, thanks for derailing. Anyway atleast I have proven something, christians are cowards. They don't love anything, but fear everything.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 04, 2012
inurmind: Hi guys, thanks for derailing. Anyway atleast I have proven something, christians are cowards. They don't love anything, but fear everything.

Epic comment in bold
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by true2(m): 5:41am On Nov 04, 2012
Hmmm? Lets see. I’m not to smart, so help me reason this out. If I’ve never done it, I can’t really understand how the other guy feels…is that correct?

Here are some things I have never felt;

Murder. I have never killed anyone.

I’m a man so I’ve never been a LovePeddler. In truth I do believe men who sell their bodies are also whores.

I have never turned my back on God.

Have never stood in front of a speeding train, jumped off a cliff, run a car into a tree at 100mph, shot myself in the mouth, and a million other things I have never done…so don’t know how those who have feel.

One think I have done…I have learned Gods word, tested, and reasoned it out. I believe with my every breath in God, his written word, and that I am a sinner. I do not follow any religion of man.
To accept your reasoning (challenge) would be the act of a fool. I know there are many who will follow your reasoning, but before they do, they should ask, “Who’s reasoning are you following?”
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 04, 2012
Lol.. this people no go kill person.. i do not follow any religion lol...
by your definition, there are no religions in this world.. just followers..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Winners Family 21 Days Of Prayer & Fasting / Praying When I'm Naked, Is Is Right Or Wrong? / Prophet T.B Joshua Words On Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.