Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Be An Atheist For Twelve Days - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days (4127 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by engrtee(f): 6:15am On Nov 02, 2012
U mean pretend to b a fool
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by ijawkid(m): 6:50am On Nov 02, 2012
Would becoming an atheist for the 12days include me not being on the religious side here on nairaland??

Because If I try becoming an atheist for 12 days then I'm gonna miss my fights,quarrels with my colleagues here......

I can't afford to give all that away for 12 days...

I can't imagine myself viewing a ""trinity"" thread or post and not engage in pugilism....lol....

1 Like

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by ijawkid(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2012
engrtee: U mean pretend to b a fool
Lol
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 6:54am On Nov 02, 2012
Just be an atheist for one second, and in that one second - them blow the trumpet! Na the end be that. . . .wallahi!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 02, 2012
ijawkid: Would becoming an atheist for the 12days include me not being on the religious side here on nairaland??

Because If I try becoming an atheist for 12 days then I'm gonna miss my fights,quarrels with my colleagues here......

I can't afford to give all that away for 12 days...

I can't imagine myself viewing a ""trinity"" thread or post and not engage in pugilism....lol....

All it takes is discipline. I'm sure u have that. U can shorten it if u want, but just have the experience.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 02, 2012
@pastormustwac why is this so disturbing to u?
I thought u said u were going to stay on the sidelines and watch, well u've been doing a good job about that.

If u feel atheism has nothing to offer, I shouldn't expect u to be so interested.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by ijawkid(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwac: Just be an atheist for one second, and in that one second - them blow the trumpet! Na the end be that. . . .wallahi!

LWKMD!!!!!!!!!......

You got a point there bro.......

I don't think I can afford to risk that....

1 Like

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by ijawkid(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2012
inurmind:

All it takes is discipline. I'm sure u have that. U can shorten it if u want, but just have the experience.

Ok...let me try it for 1 hour.....

:-).........

1 hour of being irreligious.......1 hour of being a scoffer......
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 02, 2012
If are not interested then don't bother.
Atleast I have learnt a few things about the mindset of christians.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 02, 2012
engrtee: U mean pretend to b a fool

U are only saying that becos thats what ur bible tells u, not what ur mind says.
Anyway, its actions that speak the loudest. And when u compare the most religious countries with atheist dominated countries, I think u could tell who the fools are.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2012
Im willing to be a Xtian for 12 days... :-(
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2012
pastormustwac: Just be an atheist for one second, and in that one second - them blow the trumpet! Na the end be that. . . .wallahi!
Seriously, your god uses musical instruments?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2012
musKeeto: Im willing to be a Xtian for 12 days... :-(

Cool, I'm also willing to be a christian for 12 days if they can do this.

musKeeto:

Actually thats not bad. The fact that they were invented by man is what puzzles me.
God should be intelligent enough to invent his own stuff.

Back to the topic though. Some atheists are ready to do this, why are christians so defensive and negative? Its just a harmless experience.
Seems atheists have more ''faith'' than christians.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by pastormustwac: 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
musKeeto:
<ding>
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Something cannot come from nothing without a Creator.
cretin! But your god came out of nothing, without a creator?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
ijawkid: I can't imagine myself viewing a ""trinity"" thread or post and not engage in pugilism....lol....

proves the belligerance & pugnacity of your pugilistic god! Mscheew!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2012
ijawkid:

LWKMD!!!!!!!!!......

You got a point there bro.......

I don't think I can afford to risk that....
your hellophobia & necrophobia is understandable. It is symptomatic of the inestimable decay of your religion. Thank nature i'm a freeman!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
Lord Babs: cretin! But your god came out of nothing, without a creator?

Fool ! My God is an uncaused caused. The uncreated Creator.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Allah and the spaghetti nmonster also make that claim.

Epic fail.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 11:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
Logicboy03:

Allah and the spaghetti nmonster also make that claim.

Epic fail.

The spaghetti monster movement is a fraudulent one. It is what you call a parody religion. Once again God is an uncaused cause. He has always existed.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

The spaghetti monster movement is a fraudulent one. It is what you call a parody religion. Once again God is an uncaused cause. He has always existed.

Even if there is an uncaused cause called god

1) Nothing stops the possibility of there being numerous uncaused cause. eg Zeus, Thor, Allah and the Force.

2) It still doesnt mean that Yaweh started the big bang. That would make Yaweh very foolish. Taking billi0ons of years to create plantes and so on but it takes him and instant to create the sun "let there be light". Your god must be shcizophrenic

1 Like

Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:06am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Once again God is an uncaused cause. He has always existed.
meaning it's possible for something to emerge from nothing afterall. The universe or the big bæng could as well be the GOD you're referring to...
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:08am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I swear, your god should be guillotined!
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:11am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

Even if there is an uncaused cause called god

1) Nothing stops the possibility of there being numerous uncaused cause. eg Zeus, Thor, Allah and the Force.

2) It still doesnt mean that Yaweh started the big bang. That would make Yaweh very foolish. Taking billi0ons of years to create plantes and so on but it takes him and instant to create the sun "let there be light". Your god must be shcizophrenic

The numerous uncaused causes you mention still refer to the same ultimate being. Just understood in a different way. NOw does it makes sense to you that nothing caused the Big B@ng.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:15am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: meaning it's possible for something to emerge from nothing afterall. The universe or the big bæng could as well be the GOD you're referring to...

How can the universe or the Big B@ng be uncaused when they both had a beginning?
BTW it'sa not possible for something to emerge fron nothing without a prior cause. How did the universe start expanding? By magic!?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

The numerous uncaused causes you mention still refer to the same ultimate being. Just understood in a different way. NOw does it makes sense to you that nothing caused the Big B@ng.

We dont know whjat came before the big bang. Causality works with time. If space and time comes with the big bang, then causality doesnt apply to before the big bang.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:16am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: I swear, your god should be guillotined!

It is your head that will roll first. You can't kill what you can't see.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:19am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

We dont know whjat came before the big bang. Causality works with time. If space and time comes with the big bang, then causality doesnt apply to before the big bang.

Time is a function of thought. Causality also applies to the Big B@ng because causality is a universal principle that is the basis of science.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Time is a function of thought. Causality also applies to the Big B@ng because causality is a universal principle that is the basis of science.

Before the big bang?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

How can the universe or the Big B@ng be uncaused when they both had a beginning?
so tell me, what was the beginning of the universe? Can't you read? Even some scientists still opined that the universe might have always existed, without a beginning nor a definite end.
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by LordBabs(m): 12:24am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:
NOw does it makes sense to you that nothing caused the Big B@ng.
and does it make sense to you that nothing caused your god?
Re: Be An Atheist For Twelve Days by UyiIredia(m): 12:25am On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: so tell me, what was the beginning of the universe? Can't you read? Even some scientists still opined that the universe might have always existed, without a beginning nor a definite end.

Are you stup1d ? How can you say this when you know the Big Bang kickstarted the universe. How can you say the univetse always existed when it had a beginning (i.e the Big B@ng)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bible Study: Fulfilling My Purpose In Christ. Women Perspective Ranti Fawehinmi / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God 61st Annual Convention / It's Time To Leave Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.