Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,027 members, 7,939,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report (9518 Views)

Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa / Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Buhari Introduced As Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report by mbaemeka(m): 12:05am On Nov 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Why are you crafting this elaborate Nollywood drama around something that is very simple given the history of Nigeria and corruption? There is always a 'spoiler' thrown into the mix to taint and undermine processes while diverting attention from original target. Simple as that. It is the oldest trick in the book when corruption fights back and, for me, that is what is happening here.

It is the 419 we are famous for deployed at leadership level. I bet you provided similar talk over the disgraceful Otedola-Farouk entrapment spy saga that James Bond would have been proud of. The ultra-corrupt and highly unscrupulous AGIP (Otedola) now the champion of anti-corruption? Only in Nigeria !!!

You can say what you want, as entitled, but those who know the world beyond Nigeria will appreciate that our leaders have turned our Nation into a horrid joke where disgraceful acts of 419 is practiced at the highest level with total impunity and lack of shame or even an appreciation of what must not be done because it is totally unacceptable/unseen elsewhere. It is the day of making a formal presentation to the Presidency that this spat had to be played out publicly?

Brother, you have said it all. Why did Orosanye wait till the submission day to air his views? Surely if he had altercations in-house with Ribadu the press would have got a wind of it before now. But nothing of the sort. This brings me to the conclusion that he was the mole in Ribadus committee.

After they failed to make him (Ribadu) out to be the one trying to "embarrass" the govt they have resorted to making the report to look hastily done and incomplete. The usual trick of casting doubts on the evidence and infusing some elements of incredulity so that some reasonable doubt would be elicited. Even after there was a blatant insult to the person and office of the president, GEJ didnt seem to bat an eyelid he just veered off point as he always does. big shame!

Tell me what Ribadu did wrongly? Didnt they appoint him in the first place? Did he not submit the report over a month ago? ( I mean the one in which the minister called a draft and claimed was subject to being harmonised before being submitted to GEJ) Why didnt the other committee that was supposed to look into the report to see if they had "varying perspectives" do so since then? They thought they could just sweep this one under the rug like they had always planned to do. Afterall you dont expect them to indict themselves. Shameless thieves!
Re: Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report by lovetterrison(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2012
Band that make her dance...tongue tongue
Re: Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Inside Story Of Ribadu Panel Report

The seed of the open confrontation between the chairman of the Petroleum Revenue Task Force, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, and the deputy chairman of the task force, Mr. Steve Oronsaye, was sown when Ribadu told other members during its inaugural meeting that the he would not allow anybody to dictate to the committee, LEADERSHIP SUNDAY can now reveal.

Certain powerful members of the task force, who felt they had been close to the seat of power, were said to have been infuriated and they swore that Ribadu would not dictate to them how the committee would go about its task.

A member of the 21-man task force confided in LEADERSHIP SUNDAY yesterday that the powerful members regarded Ribadu’s action as dictatorial and waited for the appropriate time to extract their pound of flesh.

But the member, who sought anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the matter, stated that the drama which occurred during the presentation of the 147-page report was uncalled for.

He added that the report contained comprehensive recommendations that would not only assist the country in curbing corruption in the oil sector but also advise the federal government on how to apply strict regulation of the sector and collection of revenue from oil companies for positive development.

According to the source, subterranean moves were made by certain members to prevent the task force from unravelling the rot in crude oil sales and payment of royalties.

He added that some of the members were given other appointments in federal government agencies, leading to divided interest.

The member said, “After our inauguration as members of the task force, we started witnessing certain appointments by some of our members into other federal government agencies. For instance, a prominent lawyer was made the vice-chairman of a federal government parastatal during this period.

“You will also recall that Oronsaye was appointed into the NNPC and CBN boards. Otti and two others also became NNPC board members
Read More

There you have it - another perspective that shows all efforts were made to compromise the integrity of this panel from the onset.
Re: Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report by ANALIST: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
"i weep for my country" was the .Chairman's respond to the press who expected to have pour his mind.

No doubt there are members in this committee that has compromised their integrity, the responsibly and duty reposed on them by Nigerians through the presidency by allowing their personal greed and aggrandisement to lure them into such public and irreversible disgrace and tested failure. All that only rejected the report without having a minority are all only dancing the music of the spirit which leads to unprecedented end. Nigeria of yesteryears is not of today; GEJ, FIT SEND HIM PAPA TO JAIL IF NA'HIM GO MAKE TINS WORK.

Sadly, I also weep for country and countrymen/women. Only the presidency can salvage us which he has started and I believe God willing he will arrive well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

wq / NNPC Remits N1.118 Trillion Into Federation Account In One Year / Dalung Breaks Ramadan Fast With Mohammed Bello, FCT Minister (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.