Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,579 members, 7,965,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (114713 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 11:21pm On Nov 21, 2011
Mourinho already confirmed some of the players that will surely be starting, he said every player at the press conference will be in the starting eleven. Alonzo and khedira should be rested, i want to see all the other players in the match and my preferred line up would be.

Casilas

Ramos Albiol Varane/pepe Diarra

Sahin Granero/altintop

Ozil

Callejon Higuain Ronaldo/Benzema
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 2:20am On Nov 22, 2011
People are very very funny with their reasoning.
how does the way Mou celebrate disrespect Valencia undecided. It just shows how ecstatic the team was with the goals and victory on a ground even our great adversary had to come from behind twice to win.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 2:23am On Nov 22, 2011
Pharoh:

Mourinho already confirmed some of the players that will surely be starting, he said every player at the press conference will be in the starting eleven. Alonzo and khedira should be rested, i want to see all the other players in the match and my preferred line up would be.

Casilas

Ramos Albiol Varane/pepe Diarra

Sahin Granero/altintop

Ozil

Callejon Higuain Ronaldo/Benzema

I just would like to see varane-granero and sahin play and also the horseback a.k.a callejon.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2011
I wonder why Granero doesn't play. He's better than Khedira and Lass combined.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
I also like the gypsy more. sadly he was injured. but he is now recovered so will most likely play today if not even start sef.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
loved the link up play of the whole team.
sadly Adan conceeded two faultless goals.
loved the way the fans shouted jose mourinho during play.
loved todays match.
\
now lets go to amsterdam with the castilla and stay undefeated.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2011
granero was superb last night.
callejon was superb too
ozil was super superb

we know where the coach is pointing us to.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by sweetguy10(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2011
For una mind abi Msheeeewwwwwww
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2011
For the second year running, Madrid blitzes through the qualifiers.
Looks like their only challenge this season will be from Barca. Especially judging by the kind of form the English sides are showing this year.

I can't stand Jose Mourinho, but I have to twale for the guy. He is without a doubt the best in the business today. He's totally transformed Madrid into a killing machine - who can only be killed by the Red and Blue Playstation boys. Even that battle will be tasty this year.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2011
This is the best Madrid side in years.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
The game yesterday proved that Real Madrid plays some very nice football without Ronaldo (and this is not the first time, they did it when he was injured last season too) means only one thing: that Ronaldo simply doesn't make the difference, nor does he elevate them to a whole new level. If they played a complete season without Ronaldo. . . well, no one would notice it. With or without him, they trash their oppositions by 6 goals.

Imagine if the team was built around Higuain. He would score as many goals as Ronaldo. Easily.
I honestly don't think Ronaldo is even a better footballer than Higuain or Mario Gomez. Prove me wrong. He's a very clinical modern day poacher. So is Gomez (58 goals in his last 60 games or something like that). So is Higuain. Where's the difference?

If Higuain was allowed to take the 4 penalties this season in La Liga instead of Ronaldo, Higuain would be at 15 goals now and Ronaldo at 10. Just saying. And Higuain has only played 580 minutes so far. Ronaldo is at 1000 minutes , Real Madrid have an even better goal poacher than Ronaldo in their ranks.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^
Ronaldo has adjusted better this season. But since we also have Villa in Barcelona, who is now getting less minutes than Messi, its a bit unfair to single CR out.
Both teams have decided to position both players uniquely, and that has yielded great dividends for them both. See the stats racked up by both players: 53 goals a season apiece. That's crazy. But I no go lie, I am enjoying the competition from them both. They are both players who are taking the game to new levels, even players around them are stepping up, and I think the football world is blessed to have them both.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
the truth is the team is not dependent on Ronaldo and that is a plan of the coach. however, saying that he doesn't had more value to the team is totally false.

his presence brings draws more players to him thus leaving more room for others to operate.

and when he is not there the others try to show that they are as capable of handling the opposition well enough.

Higuain is not as effective as CR007 in many ways and you will be lying to yourself to say otherwise. Even benzema is a better striker than higuain.

the basic difference between us and you guys is that we dont want to pass the ball into the net. we take aim from distances and is far more direct with play. whereas you pass and pass and pass and pass and pass and pass and paaaaasssss even in front of the keeper you guys will still pass almost even passing the ball to the post before tapping into the net.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
usbcable:

the basic difference between us and you guys is that we dont want to pass the ball into the net. we take aim from distances and is far more direct with play. whereas you pass and pass and pass and pass and pass and pass and paaaaasssss even in front of the keeper you guys will still pass almost even passing the ball to the post before tapping into the net.

That's really Spain's style of play. Typically, Spanish players don't have physical presence, so they try to be quick and pass the ball around, into the net.
Madrid is playing the modern European game, direct and physical, fast counters. However, as you can see with both Barca and Spain, the pass pass and pass usually shuts the game down, and you can't even get the ball.

I still prefer Barca's game, because you can see a lot more tasty footie. Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi - you can never get tired of watching those guys. Not to take anything away from Madrid though. I said last year on many posts that, were it not for Barcelona, Madrid would have won everything in Europe. Even before Jose came in they were a top side. Now he has drilled them into shape.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2011
derby night.

hope the unbeaten run continues
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2011
^^^

It actually continued and good to be six points clear if getafe can do the city of madrid proud. Barca will be meeting another madrid based team during mid-week, so hoping our strategic cooperation with rayo will see them following the line of getafe.

I did not watch the match, so i am downloading it now and will be watching tonight before giving my comment. In another news, read the piece below.

Former Barcelona vice-president Marc Ingla admits Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho was keen to return to the Nou Camp - and make Pep Guardiola his No2!.

Barca held talks with Mourinho when he had left Chelsea.

"We had a meeting in Lisbon with him and his representative," Ingla told AS.

"Mourinho showed us a PowerPoint summarising his football philosophy: how to evolve our classic 4-3-3, the incomings and outgoings he had in mind, and even people who could work on his technical staff.

"He proposed the names of Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Sergi Barjuan and Albert Ferrer to be his number two."
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:06am On Nov 27, 2011
Atletico be f[i]u[/i]ck up club.
no wonder Barce messed them up earlier in the season.
thanks to old good partner Getafe for three valuable points. grin
Pharoh:

^^^

It actually continued and good to be six points clear if getafe can do the city of madrid proud. Barca will be meeting another madrid based team during mid-week, so hoping our strategic cooperation with rayo will see them following the line of getafe.

I did not watch the match, so i am downloading it now and will be watching tonight before giving my comment. In another news, read the piece below.

na them sabi. who bloody gives a hoot whether they wanted to sign the translator or not lipsrsealed

abeg make rayo too just get draw at least make them own too better grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:09am On Nov 27, 2011
P.S.

xavi got a yellow card so will miss match against gijon and definately be available for barcelona and sevilla wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2011
Penaldo will probably break the league's scoring record again.
He's scoring is quite ordinary without penalties. He has already thrice as much pks as Messi and we aren't even halfway into the season yet.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2011
medjai:

Penaldo will probably break the league's scoring record again.
He's scoring is quite ordinary without penalties. He has already thrice as much pks as Messi and we aren't even halfway into the season yet.

Six times actually. Messi has only scored one penalty, while CR has scored six.
But hey, he's a better penalty taker than Messi, also a much better diver grin.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Six times actually. Messi has only scored one penalty, while CR has scored six.
But hey, he's a better penalty taker than Messi, also a much better diver grin.
I thought Messi had scored two penalties.
Well, Madrid gets upward of 20 penalties a season, there's no way Penaldo won't be a better PK taker.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2011
medjai:

I thought Messi had scored two penalties.
Well, Madrid gets upward of 20 penalties a season, there's no way Penaldo won't be a better PK taker.

Took 2, scored one.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Cristiana Penaldo

ROFLMAO
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2011
usbcable:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Cristiana Penaldo

ROFLMAO

You suppose dey pop champagne.
I think we may have just handed the league title to you guys.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by sinistyle(m): 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
This medjai sef, Ronaldo this, Ronaldo that. You must be obsessed with Ronaldo.

Cristiano passes Ronaldo on Real Madrid scoring list to take 14th spot on the all time scoring list. He also has the best average of goal per game ever recorded for a RM player - 0.96 GPG with 104 goals in 106 games. Only Puskas comes close with 242 goals in 262 games, average of 0.92 GPG.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
^^
When his (admittedly) impressive goalscoring record is cited, one should always take into account the fact that Madrid are serial penalty winners, and that he takes them almost exclusively.

Had Higuain* been the penalty taker at Madrid, then he would have scored 18 until now, Penaldo would have 10.

*In far fewer minutes.
It's just that I'm busy now, I'd have posted what Penaldo's scoring record would be without penalties. He has scored 18 pks in the league since joining Madrid. 18 in the league alone and this excludes CL and Copa.
The bulk of his goals are pks, tap-ins and 10-12 yard freekicks.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

You suppose dey pop champagne.
I think we may have just handed the league title to you guys.
The league is a marathon. It's just too early to crown Madrid champions. We're not even into the 2nd half of the season yet. There are loads of games to play
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2011
medjai:

^^
When his (admittedly) impressive goalscoring record is cited, one should always take into account the fact that Madrid are serial penalty winners, and that he takes them almost exclusively.

Had Higuain* been the penalty taker at Madrid, then he would have scored 18 until now, Penaldo would have 10.

*In far fewer minutes.
It's just that I'm busy now, I'd have posted what Penaldo's scoring record would be without penalties.
The bulk of his goals are pks, tap-ins and 10-12 yard freekicks.

The number of awarded penalties aside, one can't deny the fact that Ronaldo is primed by the team to shine, same as Messi at Barca.
I can't believe that Messi is the best choice to take penalties for Barca. For me,he's not good at taking set pieces. Not that I'm a fan of 'Penaldo' mind you. I have no doubt that Messi is a much better player than he is.

In fact I think Messi should give up chasing the goals record and play more like Zidane.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2011
medjai,

cristiana''diving master''penaldo don suffer 4 your hand.
you really must hate his tap-ins and 2-3 yard free-kicks

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

and about the league not being won/lost, we also sabi that one. but its comforting to know that all we really need to do in the classico's is not to loose and prolly we might have won the league. worse still for you guys, come 10-12-2011 we may just run away with another win.
AjanleKoko:

In fact I think Messi should give up chasing the goals record and play more like Zidane.

the guy is also being infected with the virus of personal ambition, courtesy of gaynaldo grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by FBS: 11:56am On Dec 01, 2011
oga usbcable. howz it going mate?!
saw your boys smashing teams all around. cheesy
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
So you will face the ultra-defensive Gijon at the Molinon without your best player, Xabi Alonso? Hahahaha, e don happen o!
Seriously, I don't see how you'll survive without Alonso. Your counter attacking play is totally dependent on him and your other midfield options - Lass, Khedira - are just excuses for footballers. It's left to be seen how good Sahin would come and Granero? Does he still play for Madrid?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by sweetguy10(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
medjai:

So you will face the ultra-defensive Gijon at the Molinon without your best player, Xabi Alonso? Hahahaha, e don happen o!
Seriously, I don't see how you'll survive without Alonso. Your counter attacking play is totally dependent on him and your other midfield options - Lass, Khedira - are just excuses for footballers. It's left to be seen how good Sahin would come and Granero? Does he still play for Madrid?

Yeah i read that he plays for their B team now and he scored a hat trick in the last game , that Lass guy ? hahahaha all he is good at is hitting messi , Ugly, big headed , Sad muda furrkaaaarr

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) / Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History.......

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.